• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
I think FG is okay as long as you're not taking it too seriously and it's not your main source of practice. I dislike FD for most of my characters and ban it often so I hate the fact that every stage is omega form. But it can be pretty fun to just go random or test out new characters. Also the insults are a little off putting lol.I do think Robin benefits from lag in some ways, but she also suffers.

Anyway, one of my irl friends who i play with online plays a typical FG Link and omg it's just hell to deal with, especially with lag

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
this fight sounds so pumped, that we need to sell tickets
AND THIS YEAR AT SUMMER SUNDAY SLAM
OUR FEATURED FIGHT
TOMATO VS TOMATO
WITH YOUR HOST
wait..
what's his name
OH THAT'S RIGHT
HIS NAME IS JOHN CENAAAAAAA
DUN DUN DUNN--
./shot

Basically everyone's reaction in a nutshell when when I answer them :')

I've looked into the GTS for the other Pokémon. It doesn't help that everyone is asking for a Legendary Pokémon level 9 and under.
I did use the GTS to get all the Vivillon patterns except for the sandstorm pattern. They always ask for a legendary that I only had one of and I rather not send my only legendary to them. Whenever I do try to trade with someone that has a Vivillon pattern I want, someone already got to it.
Have you tried forums? It's more of last resort if you ask me, but you'll almost always get what you want at one. Well, the actual last resort is PokeGen, but you don't strike me as someone who would use it

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato

Time for a good old-fashioned battle bois.

Why does Wulfric remind me of a sagely mentor srs I'm getting Gotoh/Athos vibes from him
I hope they do a good job with this arc if we're going to have less amourshipping moments >:C

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Have you tried forums? It's more of last resort if you ask me, but you'll almost always get what you want at one. Well, the actual last resort is PokeGen, but you don't strike me as someone who would use it
No I haven't. I don't really have an extra rare Vivillon pattern to send out to people who do have a sandstorm Vivillon.

I never used PokeGen and would never stoop to that level. I would just use Action Replay to rematch the Kanto birds from SoulSilver multiple times, send them to my Black/Black 2 file, and transfer them over to my X file and send them to the GTS. Once I saw that Xerneas was the most common request among Vivillon traders, I send out all the Kanto birds asking for Xerneas and delivered them to any Vivillon trader asking for one. I've yet to find a sandstorm Vivillon trader asking for Xerneas. It's been about a year since I touched X so I don't know what the situation for Vivillon trading is like now.

Matsushi

True Blood
I hate FG with a massive passion. I don't really get bad players, but I get a lot of disrespectful players that are trying to cut me an open wound and pour salt into it. The worst of it was against this Ganondorf who disrespected me and "thanked me for the replay".

FG is honestly the lowest common denominator for me and I only go to that mode if I am extremely bored. I think I am in that "For Glory / Smash Hell" that people are talking about...
I don't really mind the "bad" players who need more practice. I've had a couple of instances where people I found on For Glory asked me for tips on how to improve. That, and I met a couple others on FG in which I'm now really good friends with. @Waddler-D and @YerroBryBry :drfacepalm:

As for the disrespectful players, you really shouldn't take those idiots to heart. Insulting people through For Glory tags (it even sounds silly saying it) is just the most lowest thing you can do, and I just imagine the other person being a 12 year old, salty moron or an idiotic brat who needs to grow up. They're not worth your time. The humble, respectful players are worth your time.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Cinnamon rolls gets hard and flaky and unappealing if they're not used for their intended purpose soon after coming after the oven though.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Just popping in here. Glad to see everyone is alive and well.

I haven't played any matches in forever. I need to get back to practicing lest my skills deteriorate. I can't really do it right now, though. I hope to plow through school for the remainder of the week and have time to play someone soon.

D

Deleted member

AmericanDJ AmericanDJ
Do you wanna fight some time today? I will be available.

I don't really mind the "bad" players who need more practice. I've had a couple of instances where people I found on For Glory asked me for tips on how to improve. That, and I met a couple others on FG in which I'm now really good friends with. @Waddler-D and @YerroBryBry :drfacepalm:

As for the disrespectful players, you really shouldn't take those idiots to heart. Insulting people through For Glory tags (it even sounds silly saying it) is just the most lowest thing you can do, and I just imagine the other person being a 12 year old, salty moron or an idiotic brat who needs to grow up. They're not worth your time. The humble, respectful players are worth your time.
I can't say that I mind the bad players because I never get them. I always get someone competent. Rarely will I find something like Villager spam. I only met one person on For Glory that has an Smashboards account.

I know that they aren't worth my time, but it's the majority of the players that I get on For Glory. I rarely will find a respectful player on there. I don't understand why...

But in the end...
For glory is for glory when you get down to it. Its either gonna be a good time or a bad time.
basically this. Except for me, it's a 25% chance of having a good time and a 75% chance of a downright bad time.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Anyway, one of my irl friends who i play with online plays a typical FG Link and omg it's just hell to deal with, especially with lag
I apologize for my "fellow" Link mains behavior. Honestly running into a decent Link in FG in general is like trying to find all seven dragon balls while going through all the filler episodes.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

I find it more satisfying just 2 stocking them with any character under the sun. lol

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
I apologize for my "fellow" Link mains behavior. Honestly running into a decent Link in FG in general is like trying to find all seven dragon balls while going through all the filler episodes.
haha don't worry :ness:
Link is a really technical character but unfortunately his moveset lends itself well to lag so he has a pretty bad rep. But he's a really difficult character to play effectively offline. I'm just dying to fight him again offline because then I could actually power shield :b:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Link is a really technical character but unfortunately his moveset lends itself well to lag so he has a pretty bad rep. But he's a really difficult character to play effectively offline. I'm just dying to fight him again offline because then I could actually power shield :b:
Glad to see you understand the fundamentals of Link. It just also further proves my theory that you only have about 55% of your potential online considering "technical" stuff is much more difficult to pull off.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Cinnamon rolls gets hard and flaky and unappealing if they're not used for their intended purpose soon after coming after the oven though.
Holy crap that's descriptive. But true. It's okay, she's still fresh.
( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I haven't played FG seriously in a loooooooong time. So I don't remember if I mostly fought bad players. And I'm pretty sure I've never faced a disrespectful player.
AmericanDJ AmericanDJ
Do you wanna fight some time today? I will be available.
Sure, I can play at around 6:00 (CST)

D

Deleted member

I haven't played FG seriously in a loooooooong time. So I don't remember if I mostly fought bad players. And I'm pretty sure I've never faced a disrespectful player.

Sure, I can play at around 6:00 (CST)
That's 7 PM my time. That sounds pretty good to me.

AureusVulpes

Triforce of AURA
Oh hey guys so i heard about this place called "For Glory", and apprently you can get matches anytime you want there. I came here to ask you guys if you knew anything abou-

Oh my god I'm laughing so hard because this one word reply is Robin's entire existence in FG.
Maybe so because I personally avoid FG at all costs.
I don't hate FG with a passion. I hate some people on there, yes.

Admittedly I use it for some MU experience as well as just a way to kill time when I'm waiting to play someone. That said, it's not the most efficient way of practicing due to occasional hindrances such as crappy connections, omega stages helping more characters than others and so on. I just don't take FG seriously. I like FF better.
I don't hate For Glory in and of itself. It's the roughly 50 to 70 percent of players I come across that piss me off. I have had some genuinely good matches against good players, but the dread of roll (or other) spammers sours my opinion of it greatly.

My biggest gripe is the lack of any kind of ranking system based on your win percents. It wouldn't be a perfect solution, but at least it would help.
I hate FG with a massive passion. I don't really get bad players, but I get a lot of disrespectful players that are trying to cut me an open wound and pour salt into it. The worst of it was against this Ganondorf who disrespected me and "thanked me for the replay".

FG is honestly the lowest common denominator for me and I only go to that mode if I am extremely bored. I think I am in that "For Glory / Smash Hell" that people are talking about...
I call it Roll Glory for a reason. Final Destination is a dull stage to play on anyway. I sometimes even wonder why I even bother saying "GG" with my name tags when all they do is spit poop and drink salt.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
If you want to fight a pretty good Link, more specifically :4tlink:, come find me. I play a pretty mean Tink.
What exactly did I wake up to here
A baked good being used as a metaphor for a FE character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ayye I notice Izayoi lives in North Carolina :D

And I can vouch for Skeleton playing a mean Tink. He beat my Marth, pratically bodied me xD :4tlink:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
If you want to fight a pretty good Link, more specifically :4tlink:, come find me. I play a pretty mean Tink.
Ayye I notice Izayoi lives in North Carolina :D

And I can vouch for Skeleton playing a mean Tink. He beat my Marth, pratically bodied me xD :4tlink:
I've actually never played his:4tlink: or :4luigi: before, despite playing him before.

D

Deleted member

Izayoi Izayoi and I play 2v2 FG all the time whenever we hang out together at his place. We should play together sometime (though I bet there'd still be lag thanks to daddy Sakurai).
So you must live in NC too?
I live in Charlotte~
And it will be fun for us to all play ^^

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
So in the end it took me 16 turns of misery and two resets by the Meteor mage to negotiate Daein Arise
the Burger King Eclipsing the Meteor mage's arse into oblivion was too good a death for the little ****
now then
FE9 Screenshot 2015-10-29 21-53-46.png

**** the Dawn Brigade, this is where Radiant Dawn truly begins

Matsushi

True Blood
Moydow Moydow Yes. Your avatar. One of my favorite units from PoR/RD and my own personal killing machine. Still reminds me of Solid Snake/Big Boss.

I'd probably be him if I were put into a war. He's just so done.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
AND THIS YEAR AT SUMMER SUNDAY SLAM
OUR FEATURED FIGHT
TOMATO VS TOMATO
WITH YOUR HOST
wait..
what's his name
OH THAT'S RIGHT
HIS NAME IS JOHN CENAAAAAAA
DUN DUN DUNN--
./shot

Basically everyone's reaction in a nutshell when when I answer them :')

John Cena is on break though...

D

Deleted member

Obviously because you love Mario and not Maki right? :awesome:

It's a shame really, instead we got "I'm so hungry, I could eat an Octorok!" palette.
I wish there was a purple for him D: That's my favorite color and I use the purple palette whenever I play as the Links.

Top Bottom