• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
@ The Merc The Merc

It's Yung Lonk

Unless you already saw this then I'd be sad :(
Woo! Hot diggity-damn! That's the sexiest looking minor I've ever se- *gets shot*

Kind of off-topic, but is anybody goin' to be skypin' durin' the Big House streamin'? I'd be delighted if I could join. Wanted to ask this now in case it takes a while to get a desirable response.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
@ IAmMetaKnight IAmMetaKnight , K. Rool is closer to Snake or Dedede than he is Bowser. Everybody agrees the optimal playstyle for him is a trap-based zoner style, since he very seldom fights up-close and personal in his boss fights - even when he does fight "fair" (i.e. in his king and boxer kostumes), he still manages to cheat and play dirty to win. Which he doesn't, ever. He's incredibly crafty and underhanded, he does everything he can to trick and keep the Kongs at bay, but his own madness ends up biting him on the backside every time.

Even in his most Bowser-esque boss fight (the original DKC), the only things he does that fit the "big heavy reptile king" motif are running and jumping. Everything else he does (tossing his krown like a boomerang, making kannonballs rain from the sky, playing dead while fake kredits roll over the screen) is designed to subvert expectations and keep you guessing. In his next two boss fights in DKC2 and DKC3, he doesn't even fight with his own body: he keeps you at bay with projectiles, traps, gadgets and schemes designed to make your job miserable and your hair get pulled out in abject frustration. In DK64, the only thing he does that's even superficially similar to an honest boxer is...throw his boxing gloves? Otherwise it's earthquakes, bullrushes, body slams and even turning invisible. The thing with K. Rool is that you never know what he's going to do next. He can do whatever he wants. Whereas Bowser can fight with a few underhanded schemes and keep guessing, he is, at his core, a big brute who wants to crush Mario or burn him to a crisp with his fire breath; the only time he subverts this is when he gets into a big machine or fights with minions by his side. K. Rool never does the same thing twice, and most importantly, because Sakurai loves to capture the spirit of the character in the moveset if he can, it'd make sense for K. Rool to fight with a dirty zoner style that'd piss off his opponents and force them to respect the organised chaos that is his essential gameplan. Being too similar to Bowser is the last thing I'd worry about. My main concern is that Sakurai will think he isn't coming back to the DKC series (which, considering Retro's subtle hints, I definitely think he will) - here's hoping the Kremling Kampaign's efforts to #KrocTheVote does its job.

@ ~Skelly~ ~Skelly~ , Osamu Tezuka's family said they were very pleased when they heard that Disney drew inspiration from Kimba the White Lion for Lion King, because they knew Tezuka himself was a big Disney fan. It's nice.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
:4myfriends:vs:4marth:is annoying for :4myfriends:

Marth's got faster aerials and can easily gimp Ike's recovery if the Ike isn't careful, precise, and not predictable. This sounds exactly like how it was in Brawl the more I think about it outside of a few teaks in their moves, ranges, and combos.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
@ IAmMetaKnight IAmMetaKnight , K. Rool is closer to Snake or Dedede than he is Bowser. Everybody agrees the optimal playstyle for him is a trap-based zoner style, since he very seldom fights up-close and personal in his boss fights - even when he does fight "fair" (i.e. in his king and boxer kostumes), he still manages to cheat and play dirty to win. Which he doesn't, ever. He's incredibly crafty and underhanded, he does everything he can to trick and keep the Kongs at bay, but his own madness ends up biting him on the backside every time.

Even in his most Bowser-esque boss fight (the original DKC), the only things he does that fit the "big heavy reptile king" motif are running and jumping. Everything else he does (tossing his krown like a boomerang, making kannonballs rain from the sky, playing dead while fake kredits roll over the screen) is designed to subvert expectations and keep you guessing. In his next two boss fights in DKC2 and DKC3, he doesn't even fight with his own body: he keeps you at bay with projectiles, traps, gadgets and schemes designed to make your job miserable and your hair get pulled out in abject frustration. In DK64, the only thing he does that's even superficially similar to an honest boxer is...throw his boxing gloves? Otherwise it's earthquakes, bullrushes, body slams and even turning invisible. The thing with K. Rool is that you never know what he's going to do next. He can do whatever he wants. Whereas Bowser can fight with a few underhanded schemes and keep guessing, he is, at his core, a big brute who wants to crush Mario or burn him to a crisp with his fire breath; the only time he subverts this is when he gets into a big machine or fights with minions by his side. K. Rool never does the same thing twice, and most importantly, because Sakurai loves to capture the spirit of the character in the moveset if he can, it'd make sense for K. Rool to fight with a dirty zoner style that'd piss off his opponents and force them to respect the organised chaos that is his essential gameplan. Being too similar to Bowser is the last thing I'd worry about. My main concern is that Sakurai will think he isn't coming back to the DKC series (which, considering Retro's subtle hints, I definitely think he will) - here's hoping the Kremling Kampaign's efforts to #KrocTheVote does its job.
I believe it. I've heard people say that about him before. My main concern is that we haven't seen any really campy heavy-weights yet, and I feel the concept behind a campy playstyle is defensive, and a camp-capable heavy-weight may end up broken. DK has god-like spacing for a heavy-weight, and Dedede barely gets away with having a projectile. DK is somewhat light for a heavy-weight, making it not that big a deal, and Triple-Dee has a lot of people calling him OP. I believe it's his lack of fast finishers that balance him in the long run, but a number of tiny little factors also exist. While I would and even did fully support K. Rool with this kind of moveset, I thought about it, and I don't know if a heavy-weight could really get away with it. And Sakurai ain't makin' him lighter than he is. I do believe that Sakurai could work his wonders and balance such a character, but until I see him do it, I don't think K. Rool could pull that moveset, even if it does have more relevance to who and what he is. That's why I've always expected K. Rool to get in as being more close to the currently existing heavy-weights than not. And in the end, you get two possible playstyles: lacking uniqueness or broken. At the start of it all, I would say the latter is more likely, but more careful consideration shows that it might not be possible. All things considered, I could see him getting in as the former if popularity proves the better, but otherwise not at all. I hesitate to say he's another Ridley, who didn't get in for the same reason. Sakurai said there was no way to make him playable while still portraying him accurately and in a balanced manner. I believe the same applies to K. Rool, at least to some degree.

I usually say this after all my anti-character rants: Sakurai could easily prove me wrong. The man is a genius. But until I see him do it, I'll just sit this one out.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I believe it. I've heard people say that about him before. My main concern is that we haven't seen any really campy heavy-weights yet, and I feel the concept behind a campy playstyle is defensive, and a camp-capable heavy-weight may end up broken. DK has god-like spacing for a heavy-weight, and Dedede barely gets away with having a projectile. DK is somewhat light for a heavy-weight, making it not that big a deal, and Triple-Dee has a lot of people calling him OP. I believe it's his lack of fast finishers that balance him in the long run, but a number of tiny little factors also exist. While I would and even did fully support K. Rool with this kind of moveset, I thought about it, and I don't know if a heavy-weight could really get away with it. And Sakurai ain't makin' him lighter than he is. I do believe that Sakurai could work his wonders and balance such a character, but until I see him do it, I don't think K. Rool could pull that moveset, even if it does have more relevance to who and what he is. That's why I've always expected K. Rool to get in as being more close to the currently existing heavy-weights than not. And in the end, you get two possible playstyles: lacking uniqueness or broken. At the start of it all, I would say the latter is more likely, but more careful consideration shows that it might not be possible. All things considered, I could see him getting in as the former if popularity proves the better, but otherwise not at all. I hesitate to say he's another Ridley, who didn't get in for the same reason. Sakurai said there was no way to make him playable while still portraying him accurately and in a balanced manner. I believe the same applies to K. Rool, at least to some degree.

I usually say this after all my anti-character rants: Sakurai could easily prove me wrong. The man is a genius. But until I see him do it, I'll just sit this one out.
Dedede isn't OP. He's bottom-tier right now in most people's opnions. He has a weak neutral state, a so-so advantage state and an abysmal disadvantage state. He will body you if you don't know how to fight him, but he's fundamentally a very weak character.

If you want an idea as to how a balanced K. Rool is possible, I have a few posts written up on it that I can share?

EDIT: Forgot neutral~

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Dedede isn't OP. He's bottom-tier right now in most people's opnions. He has a weak neutral state, a so-so advantage state and an abysmal disadvantage state. He will body you if you don't know how to fight him, but he's fundamentally a very weak character.

If you want an idea as to how a balanced K. Rool is possible, I have a few posts written up on it that I can share?
pls do~

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
, I wanna change my avatar to this, but the Gravatar site may be hacked.

"This is completely unacceptable."

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Oh my. Look what I just found! Talented Comrades, amirite.

These look like FE Cipher TCG artworks.
Hard work and determination
Alternatively:
- Push-ups
- Sit-ups
- Plenty of juice

But it's all for good sacrifice, for one day you too can main such characters as Chrom, Lloyd, The Black Knight, Zero, A Mii in a monkey suit wielding a stick, Reggie Fils-amie, Elijah Wood, and more!

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
I must apologize to every person I fought as Link this morning. I'm sorry I'm not really a Roll Glory Link.

On another note, I'm getting a bit better at pivoting. Though I only really do it about 5% of the time in actual battle. *sigh* My butterfingers get me a lot sometimes.

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I must apologize to every person I fought as Link this morning. I'm sorry I'm not really a Roll Glory Link.

On another note, I'm getting a bit better at pivoting. Though I only really do it about 5% of the time in actual battle. *sigh* My butterfingers get me a lot sometimes.
It's quite alright. After all, your Link is just "For Funsies".

Casey Chase

Undine~
3DS FC
1521-4138-1029
I was playing Sacred Stones and I was on the chapter with the Goron eggs and lava hazards (17? Idk). That chapter was ezpz, no sweat. Destroying the eggs gave my units tons of experience. Seth almost died on me, but no big deal. Anyways, I had only a single enemy left. One of those eye guys. "This chapter is as good as done," I thought to myself.

And then Franz died because I had forgotten about him and left him on a hazard square so now I have to redo the chapter

:roll:I'm a good tactician I swear

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I was playing Sacred Stones and I was on the chapter with the Goron eggs and lava hazards (17? Idk). That chapter was ezpz, no sweat. Destroying the eggs gave my units tons of experience. Seth almost died on me, but no big deal. Anyways, I had only a single enemy left. One of those eye guys. "This chapter is as good as done," I thought to myself.

And then Franz died because I had forgotten about him and left him on a hazard square so now I have to redo the chapter

:roll:I'm a good tactician I swear
Lmao. A strange coincidence that that I recently just started playing Sacred Stones as well (And for the first time). I'm on the chapter after you reruit your first archer (Neimi, I think?) and her theif of a brother.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I honestly don't think K. Rool will be like Dedede or Bowser Jr anymore than Little Mac is like Captain Falcon.

They may share similar gameplay elements on a fundamental level (defensive zoner with a diverse toolkit), but I have no doubt that Sakurai can make him stand out in that respect.

The comparison to Snake is, I agree, fairly apt, and the closest example we have to what K. Rool would hypothetically play like. If PM Ganondorf is a more brutal and savage version of canon Ganon, then I think K. Rool could function similarly with regards to PM Snake: a heavy zoner focusing on setting up complex and destructive traps, though with a brutal and savage playstyle that rewards aggressive play and violent tactics just as much as elaborate intricacies of his toolkit.

To that end, I'm in favour of what I call the "discharge" mechanic for K. Rool: K. Rool's main moves (i.e. specials, smashes and maybe a few other normal moves) can be charged to increase their power and range. This is pretty standard fare for projectile specials and smashes, though in this case, it would make a huge difference - say, the difference between a Bowser Jr-style dud cannonball and a super-fast spiked variety that wrecks shields. The same would apply across the board: K. Rool's moves hurt if they're fully charged, and they encourage you to go ham if the situation calls for it.

The trick here is that, much like his hated nemesis Diddy's Peanut Popgun, if K. Rool holds the charge for too long...

Boom!

It blows up in his face, wasting the move and doing heavy damage to the King himself! This works for smashes as well as specials, so you have to be very careful with how you use K. Rool's tools. Judicious and crafty use will ensure K. Rool plays at the top of his game and does huge damage to anyone that dares get in his scaly green face; reckless aggression will yield more harm than help, though, and cause poor Rool to feel the wrath of his own wicked devices.

There's a good chance you're thinking to yourself, "But top-level players would just have perfect timing and never discharge! K. Rool would be OP!"

To which I respond: true! Yet power comes at a price: K. Rool is rendered totally vulnerable while charging, meaning he needs to be very, very careful of how and when he goes full-on with the big guns, and know when it's best to just take it easy and bide his time.

Of course, if K. Rool did nothing but charge and run the risk of blowing himself to kingdom come, he'd be rather ineffective in the overall scheme of things. Rushdown fighters would make mincemeat of him, and characters with reflectors would laugh in his bountiful visage. How kroo...er, cruel!

Which is why I propose that, just to flesh out our King's royal repertoire, he would have a few trap-based moves as well to cover his bases and ensure he doesn't just become combo food. Have fun working your way over a bona fide minefield while K. Rool charges a spike-skewered round of buckshot from a safe distance~!

Just a few thoughts on how I would design K. Rool, had Daddy Sakurai deigned it fit to bequeath the responsibility unto me.

What say y'all? Discharge: yea or nay?

In my moveset concept for K. Rool, he's fast, aggressive and extremely heavy (just below Bowser in terms of run speed, standard frame data and weight), though his "discharge" mechanic means he has to slow down when he's in zoning mode. I imagine his movement would be akin to Dedede's down-b in that mode, in that he can move and jump while charging, just that his speed is stunted during the charge.

I'm not sure how that would work in practice, though. I guess there's a precedent in PM Snake or Smash 4 R.O.B.: a zoner and trap-setter with great stage control options and decent mobility and speed on their close-range moves. If the discharge mechanic means he's weak by default and very powerful when fully charged, then his close-range moves would be used as a last resort or to keep troublesome rushdown fighters off of his case. In that sense, having fast and reliable close-range moves is good.

The thing is, theory doesn't necessarily equate to practice. When the game first dropped, people were convinced that Bowser was unbeatable: a fast, weighty character with immense power and heavy armour? Then the meta developed and people realised that, hang on, Bowser has a ton of weaknesses that hold him back from being the top-tier terror we thought he'd be. Even though he has a ton of good options in theory, when you put everything together and test it out, it doesn't really work as a cohesive set.

That's why it's dangerous to examine moves in a vacuum. In theory, every character is great. You can detail any set out of context and make it sound jank (Ganondorf can kill in two hits but he needs to get the hard read or he's a sitting duck! Palutena has twelve unique moves but half of them are awful and her default set is near-useless!), yet in context, it can turn out to be underwhelming. K. Rool may sound intimidating in theory - ye gods! A fast, weighty zoner that can fight at close and far range! - but he could very easily fall apart when faced with a certain playstyle. I imagine reflectors would wreck him, while it'd be very hard to play catch-up with a character like Sonic or Sheik when you're essentially a giant mobile hurtbox.

In that sense, having a few reliable close-range moves is, debatably, necessary for K. Rool. Even an expert zoner / trapper like Snake or R.O.B. would crumble if they couldn't hold his own in a boxing match; plus, if R.O.B. has taught us anything, it's that having a huge hurtbox is a very dangerous weakness in any matchup.

In theory, K. Rool is the most broken character in the game, especially with the discharge mechanic: Bowser's weight, speed and power with Villager's projectile game? And he can charge his moves to become even stronger? JANK! JANK! JANK! JANK!

And then you stop and consider just what that means in practice:

- Huge hurtbox makes him combo food for smaller, quicker characters
- Focus on projectiles means he's easily countered by reflectors
- Discharge mechanic needs time to set up and can hurt him if he's reckless
- Traps also need time to set up and require good knowledge of the stage
- Close-range moves are strong and have good frame data on startup, yet enough endlag to nullify spam
- Even with a good recovery, his weight and size would make him easy to gimp

tl;dr - K. Rool would be broken as **** in theory, with enough noteworthy drawbacks in practice to keep him from being overpowered. Maybe about mid / high-mid-tier.

tl;dr pt. 2 - Max size / weight Mii Gunner. Try it and tell me it's jank.

If I Was Designing K. Rool #3:

I think it'd make sense for him to be around Bowser's weight, with a similar walk / run speed. Since he'd have a decent recovery in his 'copter pack, I think it'd be fair that his standard jumps would be very weak to compensate - I'm gonna say around Doc-tier, with a similarly poor airspeed?

That'd mean K. Rool is a lightning bruiser / tank who can hold his ground, yet who struggles to get anywhere if he's not on terra firma. I know he can jump exceptionally high and far in DKC, but you've gotta draw the line somewhere - poor aerial mobility would ensure he isn't just an overpowered maniac, while a decent up-b for recovery would ensure he isn't just Little Mac off-stage. The other important aspect of this in terms of balance would be that, while his ranged tools would make him a great edge-guarder when he's on-stage, he'd be pretty terrible at actual off-stage play. If he has to focus on making it back with his up-b rather than his standard jumps, it'd ensure his aerials rarely come into play off-stage; furthermore, it'd force him to prioritise keeping his foes away from him on-stage, as as simple throw off-stage can upset his entire gameplan.

On that note, I reckon his grab game would be so-so at best. He'd have good range with the blunderbuss vacuum, though the throws themselves wouldn't be anything to write home about. I imagine he'd have two fundamental forms of attack: powerful projectile and traps to capitalise on his excellent ranged game, and swift, strong hits to keep the opponent out of his space if he needs to defend himself. Because he'd need to either set up for a ranged kill and his close-range moves would be designed to knock the opponent back immediately without need for a follow-up, his combo game would be virtually non-existent. As a result, he'd have difficult with throw followups; that, coupled with the fact that his grab would be similar to Pac-Man's (good range, yet too slow to be reliable), would mean that K. Rool's grab would be most useful as a situational punish tool or a crafty Hail Mary.

tl;dr - Super-heavy, very fast, poor jump, decent recovery, underwhelming aerials, no combos, unreliable grab, poor throws.

If I Were Designing K. Rool #4 (yes this is now a regular feature):

I imagine flat, open stages would benefit K. Rool. A stage where the only avenues of approach are either from the front / back or just overhead would be useful for him: he can cover the stage with hazards and make approaching very difficult, especially for pure rushdown characters like Captain Falcon or Roy.

That said, platforms could be beneficial too. Imagine setting up traps at either side of a platform while standing directly underneath it, thereby ensuring the opponent's ability to approach from the platform is compromised. This is what I like to call the "Robin Effect": covering the direct sides underneath a platform with a trap (in Robin's case, Arcfire; in K. Rool's case, it could be a spiked kannonball or an electric device) to close off the opponent's approach options. This would tie into K. Rool's stage-control abilities and make it difficult for his foe to get anywhere near him. He could also punish opponents who try to approach overhead from a platform, either by charging a projectile from a distance and waiting for them to land, or tossing out a trap just as the unsuspecting foe falls through the platform. The disadvantage with platforms is that it'd be difficult to get a clean hit in with projectiles without setting up well in advance, though since I imagine adaptability would be among K. Rool's strongest traits, I think it's a fairly easily mitigated drawback.

On the opposite end of the topographical spectrum, I imagine tiny stages with cramped quarters would be hell for K. Rool. Unless he can get an immediate advantage and set up traps very quickly, he'd be constantly pushed into the corner and would have to fight for his space without much room to maneuver. Even if he did manage to get the upper hand with his traps or projectiles, he'd still have to maintain a constant offensive to ensure his space isn't compromised. With compact space, K. Rool would have to make sure he's on top of his game at all times, lest he be forced into an unfavourable position and switch to "damage reduction / get off of me" mode.

This is obviously theorycrafting, but based on my experience playing defensive zoners, I think the following stages would be good counterpicks for K. Rool:

- Final Destination / Omega Mode stages
- Town & City
- Halberd
- Pokémon Stadium 2
- Duck Hunt

In contrast, I think the following stages would be poor counterpicks for K. Rool:

- Battlefield / Miiverse
- Smashville
- Castle Siege
- Kongo Jungle 64

The other transforming stages (Delfino Plaza and Skyloft) could go either way, depending on the nature of the transition, though overall I'm gonna lean towards them being poor counterpicks, as he would have to constantly reevaluate his tactics and re-establish stage control every time the stage shifts; not to mention the "neutral" transitions are essentially akin to Battlefield, which would be difficult for him to adapt to at the best of times.

If I Was Designing K. Rool #5 (I Think?):

Ike is a heavweight.

Let that sink in.

But yeah, I think K. Rool could hold his own in a tourney setting. I discussed with a friend of mine the notion of Mega Man with a "trap" Metal Blade - in other words, when he sticks his Metal Blade into the floor, it would do damage instead of being an item either opponent can pick up and serve back.

I think K. Rool would work like that: a good projectile game with a few traps to keep the opponent as far back as possible. Grounded characters would find it difficult to approach, so he could feasibly do well against Little Mac (who'd be screwed over hard), Captain Falcon (Cap is fast, but he has to make the approach), Roy (ibid), Zero Suit Samus - really any character whose neutral game requires a decent approach option or a bait-and-punish style. Conversely, he'd find it difficult to fight reflector-wielders and characters whose projectiles can outmatch his own, so a character like Fox could feasibly push back his projectiles and then rush in to finish him off, or even Palutena with her reflector and d-throw followups could make him miserable.

I think K. Rool would have a great neutral, decent advantage and poor disadvantage. Great neutral because he can dictate the pace of the match with his projectiles and traps: the impetus is therefore on the opponent to make a move, because K. Rool can just stonewall 'em all day if he stays where he is (consider, if you will, Dedede with stronger Gordos or Villager with Bowser's strength). Decent advantage because he can press on with his kannonballs and Klaptraps (I'm gonna use my own moveset as a basis for this analysis), but he doesn't really have much in the way of decent combo options or followups, since his normal moves are more "get offa me" in execution and his grab would be useful if he needs to get the opponent far away so it's difficult for them to catch up to him. Poor disadvantage because, except for the aforementioned "get offa me" tricks, he'd be slow and heavy with a big hurtbox and an airgame that focuses on recovery over edgeguarding.

It's difficult to say if he'd be viable, because it's theorycraft until he's playable in the game. It is fun to speculate, of course, so if I had to hazard a guess, I'd say K. Rool could very realistically end up somewhere from mid to high mid-tier.

There we go~

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
For funsies (and borne of personal interest), I'm gonna try write up a more recent "most-used" tier list for myself.

This doesn't reflect the exact numbers (otherwise Ganondorf would be waaaay higher, even though I mostly dropped him recently), but more so characters I do play or want to play based on how high-priority I consider them. Characters are not organised within individual tiers. Gonna try to be as accurate as possible.

:4pit: :4palutena:
:4lucina: :4drmario: :4rob: :4miisword:
:4duckhunt: :4falcon: :4ganondorf: :4falco:
:4dk: :4myfriends: :4marth: :4littlemac: :4robinf: :4ryu: :4wario: :4megaman: :4shulk: :4lucas: :4diddy: :4bowser: :4ludwig: :4miibrawl: :4miigun:
Falco, DK, Little Mac, Ryu and Mega Man are newcomers to the roster. I've experimented with Falco and DK based on my brother's love of the characters and I'm very impressed with them! Falcon, try as I might to disconnect from him, keeps coming back to show me his moves - I'm sorry, he's just too much fun, I'm only human feline! I need to play more Swordighter, she's fun. Subs still subbin' for days. A few characters here - i.e. Falcon, Ganondorf, Little Mac and Ryu - help me practice different techniques and hone my fundamentals, which I can then transfer to my mains (Pit and Palutena obvs~). I've gotten back into Duck Hunt recently, especially in customs. I've mostly dropped Robin, I think it's best I just do what I can and for the clever people to do their best with her instead. Turns out I'm better with Diddy than I expected - I still don't care for him, but I guess I can put him here right now. Bowser is surprisingly fun. Morton Koopa Jr. has become a staple of my brother's roster, so I need to get back Ludwig von Koopa some time. Still playing Brawler thanks to the K. Rool kostume. I haven't even popped out friend Gunner yet, but I intend to (eventually. Some day).

Disclaimer: the top row is still my "mains" row, everybody else is strictly for fun. Just to discern that.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hard work and determination
*slow clap*

Cheeky.

But seriously, how would one use Swordfighter in a tournament without customs, especially some side b 1 ad up b 1 are kind of bad (I mean seriously, who ever though that spin slash move was good. It's just stupid)

Top Bottom