• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Oh my. Look what I just found.
Those have actually been shown off already months ago, but they're pretty nice. I like the one on the right.

Also, the OP in the K. Rool thread provides a very descriptive ideas on how K. Rool could function based on the final boss battles in the DKC games. If you haven't looked at it already, I highly recommend doing so. @BKupa666 did an excellent job on it.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
*slow clap*

Cheeky.

But seriously, how would one use Swordfighter in a tournament without customs, especially some side b 1 ad up b 1 are kind of bad (I mean seriously, who ever though that spin slash move was good. It's just stupid)

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
@ Kenith Kenith Several million people share the same day as you. And you think you're special.

I'm just messing with you. Happy Birthday Kenny!

Last edited:

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
Hey folks, its ~Radiance~. Some may remember me from back when I made that guide on which aerials hit which characters wayyyyyy back in the 3ds days. Well since customs are gone in my region and the reign of custom ganon has ended im back in the Robin saddle. Thought I'd drop in again to say hai and reconnect with the tacticians.

Also just did a lot of work on finding when we can jab/utilt certain characters. most percentages are "guaranteed" but game has a lot of confounding variables like rage you have to consider.

http://smashboards.com/threads/throwin-down-reliable-follow-ups-off-dthrow.417369/#post-20128877

Good to be back!

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Hey folks, its ~Radiance~. Some may remember me from back when I made that guide on which aerials hit which characters wayyyyyy back in the 3ds days. Well since customs are gone in my region and the reign of custom ganon has ended im back in the Robin saddle. Thought I'd drop in again to say hai and reconnect with the tacticians.

Also just did a lot of work on finding when we can jab/utilt certain characters. most percentages are "guaranteed" but game has a lot of confounding variables like rage you have to consider.

http://smashboards.com/threads/throwin-down-reliable-follow-ups-off-dthrow.417369/#post-20128877

Good to be back!
...Am I going crazy, or are my jeans talking to me?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
wait you can get cheese from sheep too?
I'm going to guess you can get cheese from any animal that produces milk. It's just that cow milk is more common and maybe it's a taste thing since I never heard of horse cheese or... human cheese.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
I actually watched a video on human cheese once many moons ago. Yes it exists, no it doesn't sound enticing in the slightest.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Hello and welcome to the evening addition of Nohr News

Nohr Pranking

Nohrians love to prank one another and to see the reaction of the pranked. But there is one prank that many hope to recieve.

Screen Shot 2015-09-13 at 9.01.32 PM.png

The prank is referred to as St. Garon's Blessing. Only a select few were chosen by the Nohr King himself to recieve his pranks. One Nohrian named Kotor had this to day. "It feels like 3000 years since I've been pranked. Thank you, St. Garon!"

We asked some Nohrians for their thoughts on the matter.

フェリシア_st_笑.png

"I am so relieved to hear about this."
エリーゼ_st_苦.png

"That story gave me hope for humanity."

Thanks for watching. For your evening news report, this is Prince Marx of Nohr signing off.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Hello and welcome to the evening addition of Nohr News

Nohr Pranking

Nohrians love to prank one another and to see the reaction of the pranked. But there is one prank that many hope to recieve.

View attachment 73259

The prank is referred to as St. Garon's Blessing. Only a select few were chosen by the Nohr King himself to recieve his pranks. One Nohrian named Kotor had this to day. "It feels like 3000 years since I've been pranked. Thank you, St. Garon!"

We asked some Nohrians for their thoughts on the matter.

View attachment 73260
"I am so relieved to hear about this."
View attachment 73261
"That story gave me hope for humanity."

Thanks for watching. For your evening news report, this is Prince Marx of Nohr signing off.

Nohr sucks.

Garon is a monster
Marx is a delusionist.
Camila has a brother complex

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
All this throw down knowledge on the new fire emblem, and im over here just like "It looks pretty"

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
UPDATE: @ Wintropy Wintropy forgot to actually hit the reply button. Heheh...

I acknowledge Dedede is regarded as low-tier. I suppose I said this mainly to put emphasis on the perks he does have, and what they had to do to balance them. I don't believe him to be an inferior character, however. He has a lot of strengths; a lot. His balancing factor, however, is how much end-lag his attacks generally have. In terms of attack speed, he isn't lacking, but if you look at how punishable most of his attacks are, you realize just how balanced a character he is. However, the competitive community puts emphasis on such flaws if they exist. When people play characters to their fastest possible speeds and priority combos, their limitations also become clear. That is why Dedede is where he is on most tier lists. How immensely punishable he is is his one real balancing factor, and given his other perks, it's huge.

I've heard people call Dedede a somewhat campy character, just by virtue of the gordo, and the only way Sakurai can reconcile that is by making him so ridiculously punishable that it practically ruins him as a character; otherwise, he'd be the unchallenged strongest in the game. And that's just because of a couple of disjointed hitboxes plus one strong, slow-moving projectile. Imagine how extreme the con(s) they'd have to put on a fully camp-centric heavy-weight. They could always ignore his perks, and allow him to get away with being in the SS tier. ( <- sarcasm) Or they could throw some kind of balancing disadvantage. But how extreme it'd have to be is just too much for balance. There's no way there can be a heavy-weight that leans into the camp style even slightly more than Dedede. It just puts too much strain on the balance of the roster.

So in the end, we again find ourselves with too choices - the most ridiculously overpowered character in the history of smash, or a character that required so much nerfing in order to get away with his playstyle that he became infinitely inferior even in casual play. I know this may be hard for a lot of people to understand, but I feel there's only so far you can go in a positive direction with a character before it becomes too difficult to manage balance. Dedede is the best example. He's really good. And yet, he's really bad. K. Rool would have to be even better than 3-Dee at the same thing, so how bad would he end up being?

Again, I have faith that Sakurai can wave a magic wand and disprove me, perhaps by utilizing a factor I failed to take into consideration. But until I see him do it, I'd prefer to stick with what logic I have.

Don't be afraid to bring other posts into this, especially what others have posted. Their opinions will broaden our vision and help to strengthen our convictions.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
You got back on the prank train like you wanted. I want OFF of the prank train and I'm still not off! ;_;
I actually watched a video on human cheese once many moons ago. Yes it exists, no it doesn't sound enticing in the slightest.
For some reason, I was thinking of a quote from an old SNL skit from the 90s when I read that:

"Milk, Milk, Lemonade, this end is where fudge is made."

Last edited:
Top Bottom