• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Someone did a mashup of Game of Thrones and Soulcalibur. It's fantastic:

Also, here's an FE sprite of Nightmare:

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Like I'm listening to Nohr scum.
>inb4 I'm on Hoshido's side

Screw them as well.

#ThirdPathMasterRace
#Ylissie4Lyfe
#TippinScales&StealingWaifus
Like I'd listen to someone who'd betray BOTH of their families.

The Throne of Souls!

That is one seriously impressive fan creation!

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Like I'd listen to someone who'd betray BOTH of their families.

Both families aren't even blood related. I don't know these people.

I rather chill and watch them screw up everything

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Oh @ Kenith Kenith is gonna love this.
love what--

oh.
Now that is ****ing sexy.
Not a fan of GoT at all but holy damn that is badass.
Sprite's cool too.
All this makes me wish Soulcalibur crossed over with...well, anything. What makes Tekken so special...
Rant, rant, rant.

Soulcalibur VS. Dark Souls when.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oh @ Kenith Kenith is gonna love this.
Speaking of whom and related to Dark Souls... Awesome sprite animation of Artorias.

This reminds me of the Chzo Mythos, a weird Lovecraftian horror series... Now, imagine Demon's/Dark Souls and Bloodborne were horror games where you're completely helpless shifting back and forth between the real world and the another world. Hmm... Isn't that what Capcom's going for with deep down?

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION, PLEASE.

Who's gonna be Skyping during the Big House streams? Better question: who's going to be watching the Big House streams? I look forward to seeing booties (get kicked,) and I'd love to watch it with companions.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Speaking of whom and related to Dark Souls... Awesome sprite animation of Artorias.

This reminds me of the Chzo Mythos, a weird Lovecraftian horror series... Now, imagine Demon's/Dark Souls and Bloodborne were horror games where you're completely helpless shifting back and forth between the real world and the another world. Hmm... Isn't that what Capcom's going for with deep down?
OMG. Guys plz. I can't handle all this awesome stuff you're sharing.
This makes me wish there was a 2D, Metroidvania-type Dark Souls game. That'd be fun.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390

Who's gonna be Skyping during the Big House streams? Better question: who's going to be watching the Big House streams? I look forward to seeing booties (get kicked,) and I'd love to watch it with companions.
I am still not in the robin skype group but if i get added id be in to do that

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
( ´,_ゝ,`)

Can't unsee anymore. Hopefully it won't be the game's biggest surprise, I guess.

Do spoil your post, though.
It ain't even the game's biggest spoiler. That's regulated to something more stupid. :grrr:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I am still not in the robin skype group but if i get added id be in to do that
I don't necessarily want in on the Robin Skype.
Although It'd be nice if someone would offer to invite me after all these years... :glare:
Of course, they'd have to ask for my Skype account first. :smirk:
Srsly though. Somebody who's in PM me so I can give me Skype account.

Uhhh....:(
( ´,_ゝ,`)

Can't unsee anymore. Hopefully it won't be the game's biggest surprise, I guess.

Do spoil your post, though.
@ Champ Gold Champ Gold was referring to the idea that since he did not grow up with his Hoshido siblings, can he really consider them to be his family? Hence his "I don't know these people" comment.
? Elaborate.

@ Champ Gold Champ Gold You are forgiven.

BUT JUST THIS ONCE!! :evil:

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
OMG. Guys plz. I can't handle all this awesome stuff you're sharing.
This makes me wish there was a 2D, Metroidvania-type Dark Souls game. That'd be fun.
The only issue would be how to translate that type of gameplay/combat into 2D which is essentially the opposite of what the developers of Mario and Zelda did for Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time and succeeded or the developers of Trine did for Trine 3 and failed. I mean, it would be very easy for them to pull a Castlevania: Symphony of the Night which had fighting game inputs if I remember correctly - I never played the game, but Proton Jon explains things a lot and mentioned SotN's gameplay in his Aria of Sorrow playthrough -, but does that actually make the game hard? Demon's Souls combat can actually be compared to Ocarina of Time's where it's simplistic, but differs by being very punishing and rewarding. Now, doing something like Dragon's Crown, Aria of Sorrow, BloodRayne: Betrayal, or Golden Axe can work, but it's just hack 'n' slash rather than more cold, calculated fighting like in Demon's Souls.

It's kind of like how Mark of the Ninja did 2D stealth which probably existed before, but ironically, most ninja games are very high profile. There's like only Tenchu and Red Ninja as games that come up for me as stealth ninja games. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time does not count nor does using Gray Fox's outfit in Metal Gear Solid 2. Similarly, how Metal Gear Solid V did open-world or rather, sandbox stealth. Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 started mainstreaming it, but after that, they became much, much more high profile and it wasn't until Unity you could actually crouch. Assassin's Creed was more like Hitman rather than Splinter Cell and Metal Gear Solid and I'm pretty sure even in Hitman you could crouch.

It's a question of how do you do that type of game and do it well. Sometimes, it's even a "is it necessary?" That's a question Trine 3 didn't answer or if it did, it was closer to no as Trine's gameplay probably didn't benefit from the shift from 2D to 3D. At the same time, Trine in a 3D environment could work, but that might require an entire overhaul of gameplay or maybe a restructuring of how the puzzles work which at that point, you might as well make another game.

The question now is how would a 2D Demon's Souls game work? How would you keep the core gameplay with this kind of environment? Should it even be called a Demon's/Dark Souls game? Hell, you could even say Bloodborne is more of a spin-off to the core Demon's/Dark Souls gameplay since it's more faster paced and offensive due to the lack of shields. At the same time, it keeps the core gameplay of difficult, punishing, and rewarding combat. Now, how do we do it with a 2D enviroment?

Anyway, game design questioning over; Battle Chef Brigade is like Shokugeki no Soma as a game. You cook.

And you beat up stuff.

Also, Wintropy's Halloween costume. :p

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The only issue would be how to translate that type of gameplay/combat into 2D which is essentially the opposite of what the developers of Mario and Zelda did for Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time and succeeded or the developers of Trine did for Trine 3 and failed. I mean, it would be very easy for them to pull a Castlevania: Symphony of the Night which had fighting game inputs if I remember correctly - I never played the game, but Proton Jon explains things a lot and mentioned SotN's gameplay in his Aria of Sorrow playthrough -, but does that actually make the game hard? Demon's Souls combat can actually be compared to Ocarina of Time's where it's simplistic, but differs by being very punishing and rewarding. Now, doing something like Dragon's Crown, Aria of Sorrow, BloodRayne: Betrayal, or Golden Axe can work, but it's just hack 'n' slash rather than more cold, calculated fighting like in Demon's Souls.

It's kind of like how Mark of the Ninja did 2D stealth which probably existed before, but ironically, most ninja games are very high profile. There's like only Tenchu and Red Ninja as games that come up for me as stealth ninja games. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time does not count nor does using Gray Fox's outfit in Metal Gear Solid 2. Or how Metal Gear Solid V did open-world or rather, sandbox stealth. Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 started it, but after that, they became much, much more high profile and it wasn't until Unity you could actually crouch. Assassin's Creed was more like Hitman rather than Splinter Cell and Metal Gear Solid and I'm pretty sure even in Hitman you could crouch.

It's a question of how do you do that type of game and do it well. Sometimes, it's even a "is it necessary?" That's a question Trine 3 didn't answer or if it did, it was closer to no as Trine's gameplay probably didn't benefit from shift to 2D to 3D. At the same time, Trine in a 3D environment could work, but that might require an entire overhaul of gameplay or maybe a restructuring of how the puzzles work which at that point, you might as well make another game.

The question now is how would a 2D Demon's Souls game work? How would you keep the core gameplay with this kind of environment? Should it even be called a Demon's/Dark Souls game? Hell, you could even say Bloodborne is more of a spin-off since it's more faster paced and offensive due to the lack of shields. At the same time, it keeps the core gameplay of difficult, punishing, and rewarding combat. Now, how do we do it with a 2D enviroment?
Actually, scratch that.
I want a Mega Man X Dark Souls crossover.
Mega Man kills bosses from Dark Souls and learns spell from their souls.
E-Tanks are replaced with E-Flasks.
You can level up your stats.
It's brilliant.

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Anyway, game design question over, Battle Chef Brigade is like Shokugeki no Soma as a game. You cook.

And you beat up stuff.
Hey, I heard some stuff about this game. It's the one that was on kickstarter some time ago, right?

I actually thought it sounded cool when I saw it. I know I really like its looks.
What do you think of it?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Hey, I heard some stuff about this game. It's the one that was on kickstarter some time ago, right?

I actually thought it sounded cool when I saw it. I know I really like its looks.
What do you think of it?
I think it's wacky as hell. I can't remember where I saw it, but it was mentioned on an article about indie games at... PAX? Part of me was attracted by the art style, another was curious about the interface reminding me of Mark of the Ninja and kind of The Legend of Korra game, and then another part was like, "What the heck is this!?" Would you like a trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StKZvUC5uw8?

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002

I would Skype, but I don't have an account. That, and I hate social networking (Haha, you will never see my face!).

I could watch BH5, but won't because seeing, or more specifically, hearing ZeRo mop the floor with the rest of the competition for the umpteenth millionth time gets old quick for me. That, and I have a short attention span when it comes to game streaming (I want to play the game not watch it dagnabit!).

Also guys, you all better stop discussing FE: Fates spoilers.

Don't make me manifest my hands through your computer or phone screens and slap you all silly!

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Wow, I'm really impressed with myself so with in this LP. Twelve episodes in now, and I've managed to stay on schedule and keep my death count low. This latest one's a good time to tune in, actually; it features a couple pretty interesting levels and an entertaining boss fight.

I still don't know how legit plugging my personal projects is in a social thread...

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Zelda main here.

As a Zelda main I think Zelda is too broken and tournaments should consider banning her.

BAN•ZELDA

Top Bottom