• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
@Antonykun

Have you gone to the dark side?

Have you forsaken the greatest hero of the sword?

Have you sold your soul to the demon in the silver mask?

:4miisword:

MII SWORDFIGHTER, ANTONYKUN'S MAIN

2014 - 2015

RIP IN PEACE IN SPAGHETTI

NEVER FORGETTI
But how does one main Mii Swordfighter if you can't use them in tournaments?

"ZYGARDE PERFECT FORME"

MEGA GRENINJA

WHAT IS EVEN HAPPENING.
Pokemon Z?!?!

God dammit Gamefreak, why?!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I kinda doubt that Sakurai will bow entirely to the whims of the Ballot. I don't see him kissing Microsoft's *** and trying to get like Master Chief in or something like that.
Nobody is voting for him though.
There's a ton of votes for Banjo-Kazooie, though, also owned by M$, so I'm surprised you didn't go for that one in your comparison.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
There's a ton of votes for Banjo-Kazooie, though, also owned by M$, so I'm surprised you didn't go for that one in your comparison.
Because people get crazy around Banjo and Kazooie. Granted, I want Banjo and Kazooie in as much as I want Master Chief in (which is to say, not at all). But I didn't want to start a pissing contest.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Uh.
I'm going to be the nice person and say it's probably a homage...
Because lol, it's too damn blantant, particulary their wording.
Reminds me of those bootleg (because lol, it doesn't even look good) chinise ripoff products of anime.

Even though dat 'Created by Disney Infinity team' does sound...uh, pretentious.

Last edited:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
I was thinking it wasn't that bad
Until I searched it up.

Even the name is Squid wars oO
Everyone's already calling it a rip off...I maybe saw one person there supporting it.
Uh.
I'm going to be the nice person and say it's probably a homage...
Because lol, it's too damn blantant, particulary their wording.
Reminds me of those bootleg (because lol, it doesn't even look good) chinise ripoff products of anime.

Even though dat 'Created by Disney Infinity team' does sound...uh, pretentious.
I...wouldn't be so sure. Do homages usually attempt to look exactly the same as the original?

Also, the copied Splatoon map is weird. They couldn't spend 1 day making a new one to show off?

Last edited:

Elezir

I...wouldn't be so sure. Do homages usually attempt to look exactly the same as the original?
Yeah, I know.

It's just that it is...ugh, so damn blatant, you'd think they wouldn't even have the courage to call it theirs, particulary with that wording oO It's so difficult for me to admit that anyone would be so proud about a blatant ripoff lol.

Even people on Neogaf who don't play Splatoon or don't care about Nintendo saw the ripoff.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Except that Rareware (the owners of the Banjoo-Kazooie copyright) have specifically stated that they'd be 100% willing to give Nintendo the rights to use the bird and bear duo if they got voted into Smash. So that comparison doesn't hold water.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
facepalm.png

WHY DISNEY.

Also, the copied Splatoon map is weird. They couldn't spend 1 day making a new one to show off?
Yeah, I know.

It's just that it is...ugh, so damn blatant, you'd think they wouldn't even have the courage to call it theirs, particulary with that wording oO It's so difficult for me to admit that anyone would be so proud about a blatant ripoff lol.

Even people on Neogaf who don't play Splatoon or don't care about Nintendo saw the ripoff.
I'm going to be a bit rational here despite this being wholly a carbon copy. It's not like this hasn't been done before. For all you PlayStation folk, Crash Team Racing directly copied a level from Diddy Kong Racing; to test the engine of CTR, and said level was omitted from the final product because it was a direct copy. If this preview ends up in the final game, then it'll be a ripoff. If the DI team makes something original with it, then I'll be less mad, but Jesus, that's shameless.

Last edited:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Its disney. They can take what ever the **** they want and get away with it. Why? Cause its Disney. They own the hearts of millions of people while rolling in billions of moneys. (yes, I know its dollars)

Anyone want to Sm4sh?

:link:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Once the ballot(and by extension DLC) ends it'll die.

No need to worry, just another few months of suffering.
Even if that thread dies, once the ballot ends, we are still going to hear pissing and moaning from various fanbases whos character didn't make it. The complaining won't end for awhile.

Hopefully it's the Bandanna Dee/Paper Mario fanbases that'll complain after the ballot and not the Isaac/K.Rool/Wolf fanbases.
Ooooooooooh boy...

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Hello and welcome to the evening edition of Nohr News.
BUS STOP... DOESN’T

Reports are coming in from all over Nohr Kingdom about a runaway bus stop.

Bus_Stop..._Doesn't.JPG

This bus stop makes it almost impossible to catch a bus.

You could probably just run to your destination before you could catch up to this stubborn stop.

Some Nohrians have suggested that chasing the bus stop might be a great way to get into shape.

We asked some Nohrians for their thoughts on the matter.

"I'm jogging. Please get out of my way!"
エルフィ_st_怒.png

"What am I supposed to do with this?"
ジョーカー_st_キメ.png

Thanks for watching, for your Nohr News for Saturday, September 12th, this is Kotor signing off.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Even if that thread dies, once the ballot ends, we are still going to hear pissing and moaning from various fanbases whose character didn't make it. The complaining won't end for awhile.

Hopefully it's the Bandanna Dee/Paper Mario fanbases that'll complain after the ballot and not the Isaac/K.Rool/Wolf fanbases.
Though the main point was that thread dying.

I'll bet you at least one of the latter group of fanbases is complaining.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Except that Rareware (the owners of the Banjoo-Kazooie copyright) have specifically stated that they'd be 100% willing to give Nintendo the rights to use the bird and bear duo if they got voted into Smash. So that comparison doesn't hold water.
What? What doesn't hold water?
He said he didn't see them picking a MS character solely because of the ballot, and listed Master Chief as an example, while I gave a different one.
And, really, it's not like Rare saying "yeah I'd like B&K in Smash" means much...that's between Microsoft and Nintendo.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Hello and welcome to the evening edition of Nohr News.
BUS STOP... DOESN’T

Reports are coming in from all over Nohr Kingdom about a runaway bus stop.

View attachment 73086

This bus stop makes it almost impossible to catch a bus.

You could probably just run to your destination before you could catch up to this stubborn stop.

Some Nohrians have suggested that chasing the bus stop might be a great way to get into shape.

We asked some Nohrians for their thoughts on the matter.

"I'm jogging. Please get out of my way!"
View attachment 73087

"What am I supposed to do with this?"
View attachment 73088
Thanks for watching, for your Nohr News for Saturday, September 12th, this is Kotor signing off.
The filler episodes are still happening, I see.
Also, Tomodachi is awesome.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
While I still hope that Sakurai prioritizes popularity when choosing which characters to add, part of me also hopes that he'll go with whichever popular characters he deems would be "new."

I feel like the concept behind K. Rook is too similar to Bowser. While he could have a few unique moves, I'm worried that if he does get in his playstyle will end up too similar to other heavy-weights. I know a lot of people want more heavy-weights, but from a development standpoint there's only so much you can do with them. I think I'm probably the only person on Smashboards to not support K. Rool. I'd still be somewhat happy if he get's in, though.

I understand that Wolf is one of those timelessly popular characters, but I think we've seen enough of him for the time being. I love Wolf as much as the next guy, but he strikes me as one of those one-timers; I feel like Lucas and Roiboi got away with getting back in not only because they were wanted back in, but also because they had uniqueness on their side. I'm aware that Wolf is somewhat unique from Fox, but I also feel that Roy and Lucas had more apart from their respective OGs in terms of playstyle than Wolf has had from Fox. So unless Sakurai changes him up a bit, I can't see him coming back, regardless of popularity.

Isaac is one of those characters that I don't know enough about to take a stand on. I've never played Golden Sun, but from what I hear of him, he's got a bit to offer, at least more than most. I don't think his series' status is enough to stop him from getting in. I could see it happening.

As a die-hard Kaabii fanboy, as well as one who cares primarily about what a character has to offer to the game in terms of new playstyles, I was immensely disappointed with the rest of the Kaabii fanbase for swarming around Bandana Dee. While I think he is a staple in the series who deserves representation in Smash, I don't think he has enough potential as a fighter at this point. I could see him getting in eventually, but definitely not in his current form, at least where uniqueness is priority, which it probably isn't by Ballot standards. And, again unfortunately, I feel like Sakurai may end up obligated to put him in due to the fact that he's one of the few popular characters in the ballot at this point with reasonable amounts of potential for uniqueness. I've always had run-ins with the Deeples about my opinion on him. They can't seem to get over the fact that he has a spear, which apparently makes him unique. I think he has more potential than a lot of characters, but I still think he falls short of what other Kaabii characters have to offer. As you can see, I support and voted for Magolor. He's the one with the most potential at the moment in my opinion. I liked Bandanna Dee. I remember when I first saw him in the trailer for RTDL. I thought it was a good idea to include him. But my experience with his potential inclusion in Smash has been one of immense disappointment and indifference.

I feel Paper Mario is one of the closest things we could get to a rep for Super Mario RPG. I'd love to see what Sakurai would do with him. Admittedly, I've never played a Paper Mario game, although I have played my share of Mario & Luigi games. The only reason I could see Sakurai deciding against him is because of indifference towards another Mario rep, or indifference to another... Mario.

I believe Britney Spears has as much chance of getting in as Ridley, and as such, I will not comment on either.

Last edited:

Elezir

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I feel so ashamed.

:link:
Who's who?

I wanna say that Meta is lacking in approach game. Not gonna judge; That's about as good as I've seen a Meta get. It doesn't help that Ike has god-like spacing against short-rangers like the Knight. I probably wouldn't have done that much better, although I might've been more careful with Ike offstage.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
You're always P1.
Forgive me. I was fairly certain you were playing the match, but I wasn't sure if you or the opponent was the one to upload the replay. I suppose I could've checked, but I'm generally too lazy for such things. :teeth:

On the topic of simple questions I'm too lazy to discern for myself, was this in FG?

(UPDATE: Don't answer that... )

Last edited:
Top Bottom