• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
for glory continues to prove itself as my cousin and i fought a team of PK spammers

jazz_1993

Smash Rookie
Yo! Since jazz is common I don't actually use it at tournaments, I use Remi. It's just what I used to use in smaller games.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
I get those pretty often.

Except I get to counter the living crap out of them.
I wish I got those more often...I usually just get Captain Falcons, T/Links, and the occasional person who plays top tiers but has no idea how to.

Morbi

Scavenger
I have some sort of existential crisis every time I watch a commercial such as that. Am I a bad person for laughing? It is just fictional, so I argue that I am not; however, at the same time, who laughs at a somewhat realistic representation of elderly people who cannot even stand after a catastrophic fall? That is the definition of evil, well, not literally, but you get the point.

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
I have some sort of existential crisis every time I watch a commercial such as that. Am I a bad person for laughing? It is just fictional, so I argue that I am not; however, at the same time, who laughs at a somewhat realistic representation of elderly people who cannot even stand after a catastrophic fall? That is the definition of evil, well, not literally, but you get the point.
Robin Social is suprisingly more deep than I expected.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
If you gorls want to be entertained I'll post an unpopular opinion from yours truly about the game once every week or so. You gorls seem to love to hate on my opinions and get excited seeing others trashing me which is quite strange but okay. :^)

After my MCAT exam tomorrow, I'll work on making a thread as to why I believe your character is not good IN MY OPINION. I will gladly accept criticism over my arguments, but only if you respectfully do so. If you decide to completely reject my opinions saying it's totally unreasonable, it doesn't mean you win, just means that I can do the same and ignore your arguments as well.

I'll admit I only brought up surface level and somewhat non-substantial arguments but trust me, I have more to say and would say them now. However, I don't want to make this social a scary and war-like place as again, I'm pretty much the red unit right now. And I'll also say that my opinion on Robin on competitive gameplay does NOT mean I hate Robin, Robin players, Robin pro players, and the members of the Robin social. Thanks, and I'll get you gorls know when I get the thread up~
I'll probably put my two cents on that matter, and try to keep my argument civil. I understand that many people in this thread would get heated when people mention that they believe Robin is bottom 10 (which I don't believe either, but I'll expand on that later) but I don't think this kinda of talk needs to end up resulting in something like this;
Because imo, ^that's just disrespectful. Something tells me that this gif was used in a more joking tone, but even then that still seems rude. It's one thing to not agree with someone's opinion, but you shouldn't just shrug off their case when they're trying to make an effort to have a compelling argument. At least give them a chance to provide their argument. You don't have to agree or even listen to what they have to say, but that doesn't mean you can act like that^ to them.

I'm probably overreacting to that image, but in the end I'll engage in the discussion tomorrow/whenever I get the chance to provide my thoughts after the thread gets made.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I'll probably put my two cents on that matter, and try to keep my argument civil. I understand that many people in this thread would get heated when people mention that they believe Robin is bottom 10 (which I don't believe either, but I'll expand on that later) but I don't think this kinda of talk needs to end up resulting in something like this;

Because imo, ^that's just disrespectful. Something tells me that this gif was used in a more joking tone, but even then that still seems rude. It's one thing to not agree with someone's opinion, but you shouldn't just shrug off their case when they're trying to make an effort to have a compelling argument. At least give them a chance to provide their argument. You don't have to agree or even listen to what they have to say, but that doesn't mean you can act like that^ to them.

I'm probably overreacting to that image, but in the end I'll engage in the discussion tomorrow/whenever I get the chance to provide my thoughts after the thread gets made.
Don't worry gorl, this is a giffy we use ALL the time in the Zelda social, our sassy gorlness must'a took another innocent person in :^)

But if he really meant any harm with that GIF...
... I frankly don't care. :secretkpop:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382

He used the gif on me one time XD he'll be ok. If I meant any harm, I would have said some thing rude. But he did nothing to offend me in any way, shape or form. If he meant to, then IDK.

Don't worry gorl, this is a giffy we use ALL the time in the Zelda social, our sassy gorlness must'a took another innocent person in :^)

See, He gets it.

:link:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
As someone who posts in a wide number of social threads i can now get an idea of the type of "personalities" each social and their members have
for example

^definitely not a Zelda Social guy

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581

He used the gif on me one time XD he'll be ok. If I meant any harm, I would have said some thing rude. But he did nothing to offend me in any way, shape or form. If he meant to, then IDK.

See, He gets it.

:link:
As someone who posts in a wide number of social threads i can now get an idea of the type of "personalities" each social and their members have
for example

^definitely not a Zelda Social guy
Yeah, I never stepped foot in the Zelda boards so shows what I know. :p

Figured I was reading too hard into that gif but ah well. No harm done. Sorry for jumping to conclusions y'all.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
@ Antonykun Antonykun

Have you gone to the dark side?

Have you forsaken the greatest hero of the sword?

Have you sold your soul to the demon in the silver mask?

:4miisword:

MII SWORDFIGHTER, ANTONYKUN'S MAIN

2014 - 2015

RIP IN PEACE IN SPAGHETTI

NEVER FORGETTI

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
@ Antonykun Antonykun

2014 - 2015

NEVER FORGETTI

Fite Mii

:4miisword::4metaknight:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I shan't sully my steel with your heathen blood, knave.

Begone, demon!
I just realized how ambiguous my previous response was so I'll be more clear, haven't dropped Swordfighter, just trying out MK and I always wanted an excuse to use this picture as my avatar

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
I just realized how ambiguous my previous response was so I'll be more clear, haven't dropped Swordfighter, just trying out MK and I always wanted an excuse to use this picture as my avatar
That's exactly why I picked up Pikachu. I thought it would seem strange if I just had this avatar just for fun.

:pikachu:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I know, dear, I was just bein' coy~

Meta Knight's good, I respect it. :3

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
The next NA Splatfest has been announced.

ART VS SCIENCE

Speaking of Splatoon...I got the game! The last Testfire convinced me to get it as I didn't give it a chance when it came around the first time. Fun thing about being late to the party as there are plenty of weapons for me to unlock holy crap! (Not that I am complaining)

Also, happy (late) birthday @ Célja Célja

And (late) welcome @ Yaki Yaki

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
@ Antonykun Antonykun

2014 - 2015

NEVER FORGETTI

Top Bottom