• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, this thread has certainly got interesting in the past few days. :upsidedown:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Nairo's not using Robin because he gets significantly better results playing ZSS. Same for Trela and Ryu. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that. Nairo's playing the best possible character he can because he's aiming to win NATIONALS. If you're not playing as far up the tier list as possible when you're at that level, you're pretty unlikely to actually win.

Robin is a difficult character who takes a lot of work to properly understand her matchups and gameplay, and that is one of (if not the most significant) reason she is underplayed. She also doesn't appeal to the lowest common denominator who just want to pick Mario/Falcon/Fox/Luigi and play 'Gotta go fast, dashgrab boyz'.

I don't have a problem with someone saying 'Robin's not Top 10 or 15' because that's not an unreasonable claim. I think she's somewhere in the 17-24 range. What is a TOTALLY UNREASONABLE claim is that she is bottom 10. There's simply no way that's the case and I think you have to be blatantly ignoring both the buffs she's received and actually looking at her gameplay in order to come to such an absurd conclusion.

Like I said, your opinions are on surface level, extremely outdated, and you seem to be relying almost exclusively on what you 'see' and leaning on the opinion of people who aren't well-informed about the character (read: most other top players). I'm willing to bet you have very little experience against an actually competent player of the character.
please *laughing* stop.. your killing me dude XD Since you know so much, were would :4link: be placed in your list. to me he is top 16-20.

Are you in the military? Cause you sure are firing alot of shots.

Thanks. I did play Robin for a bit on release but I like my Lucina/Marth better.
I'm The Doctor, but you can just call me Smokebomb. Welcome man, more then happy for you to be here. I would say more but @ Zantetsugun Zantetsugun said it best.
Sup man? Glad you could make it! Any friend of @ Kotor Kotor is a friend of mine!

:link:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Every time i try to do the Bombs over Gogmazios people just die :/

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
I play other characters too like R.O.B., Toon Link, Lucina/Marth, Greninja, Dedede, Villager etc, but have been playing Pikachu since 64, mainly because I was a small child and the prospect of having Pikachu beat up Donkey Kong was mind blowing. I'm still a casual scrub who forgets where the shield button is though, so....

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Welp, I have a school assignment I need to do. Anyone wanna help me delay doing it by playing some Smash with me?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The best thing about Pit is that you can discern how good you are as a player when you commit to him.

No tricks, no nonsense, just good ol'-fashioned fundamentals.

This doesn't have anything to do with anything, I just thought I'd point that out.

W I N G S B R O Z

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Hey, remember when I said earlier today I was going to be a responsible college student and go to GameStop to buy :4ganondorf: and :4olimar: amiibo?
unnamed.jpg

I lied. The Good :4drmario: is in the house!

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
@XenoBrawler610

GG! I had fun. Wish I was as good as I am on the 3DS, though. I better get working on that paper now. If anyone wants to, I'll play anyone after I'm done.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Nairo's not using Robin because he gets significantly better results playing ZSS. Same for Trela and Ryu. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that. Nairo's playing the best possible character he can because he's aiming to win NATIONALS. If you're not playing as far up the tier list as possible when you're at that level, you're pretty unlikely to actually win.

Robin is a difficult character who takes a lot of work to properly understand her matchups and gameplay, and that is one of (if not the most significant) reason she is underplayed. She also doesn't appeal to the lowest common denominator who just want to pick Mario/Falcon/Fox/Luigi and play 'Gotta go fast, dashgrab boyz'.

I don't have a problem with someone saying 'Robin's not Top 10 or 15' because that's not an unreasonable claim. I think she's somewhere in the 17-24 range. What is a TOTALLY UNREASONABLE claim is that she is bottom 10. There's simply no way that's the case and I think you have to be blatantly ignoring both the buffs she's received and actually looking at her gameplay in order to come to such an absurd conclusion.

Like I said, your opinions are on surface level, extremely outdated, and you seem to be relying almost exclusively on what you 'see' and leaning on the opinion of people who aren't well-informed about the character (read: most other top players). I'm willing to bet you have very little experience against an actually competent player of the character.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
If you gorls want to be entertained I'll post an unpopular opinion from yours truly about the game once every week or so. You gorls seem to love to hate on my opinions and get excited seeing others trashing me which is quite strange but okay. :^)

After my MCAT exam tomorrow, I'll work on making a thread as to why I believe your character is not good IN MY OPINION. I will gladly accept criticism over my arguments, but only if you respectfully do so. If you decide to completely reject my opinions saying it's totally unreasonable, it doesn't mean you win, just means that I can do the same and ignore your arguments as well.

I'll admit I only brought up surface level and somewhat non-substantial arguments but trust me, I have more to say and would say them now. However, I don't want to make this social a scary and war-like place as again, I'm pretty much the red unit right now. And I'll also say that my opinion on Robin on competitive gameplay does NOT mean I hate Robin, Robin players, Robin pro players, and the members of the Robin social. Thanks, and I'll get you gorls know when I get the thread up~

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
If you gorls want to be entertained I'll post an unpopular opinion from yours truly about the game once every week or so. You gorls seem to love to hate on my opinions and get excited seeing others trashing me which is quite strange but okay. :^)

After my MCAT exam tomorrow, I'll work on making a thread as to why I believe your character is not good IN MY OPINION. I will gladly accept criticism over my arguments, but only if you respectfully do so. If you decide to completely reject my opinions saying it's totally unreasonable, it doesn't mean you win, just means that I can do the same and ignore your arguments as well.

I'll admit I only brought up surface level and somewhat non-substantial arguments but trust me, I have more to say and would say them now. However, I don't want to make this social a scary and war-like place as again, I'm pretty much the red unit right now. And I'll also say that my opinion on Robin on competitive gameplay does NOT mean I hate Robin, Robin players, Robin pro players, and the members of the Robin social. Thanks, and I'll get you gorls know when I get the thread up~

Kotor's pretty much the winner in every smash game with our freind group
Your gonna love it here : D

:link:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
Help...some guy on the competitive thread keeps on talking about philosophy and Attack on Titan and not Smash bros...

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
And I'll also say that my opinion on Robin on competitive gameplay does NOT mean I hate Robin, Robin players, Robin pro players, and the members of the Robin social. Thanks, and I'll get you gorls know when I get the thread up~
No.

Hating on people is my job sis

image.jpg

Top Bottom