• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

"ZYGARDE PERFECT FORME"

ZYGARDE: "This IS my Final Form!"

MEGA GRENINJA

WHAT IS EVEN HAPPENING.

WHEW! Okay, I think I'm good now....

*Several minutes later*

I'm sorry, it's just Greninja's mah JAM y'know? As if I didn't make that totally obvious from my profile, lol. And is that Allan I see in that poster? This is officially the best thing ever! My hype for this movie is maximum! Mega Greninja Sm4sh DLC when?

Nah

Smash Champion
Did they go for the Back Throw to "OKAY" combo at high enough percents?
Why do they tend to do that anyway? It's one thing with Falcon cuz him spiking/kneeing/Falcon Punching you and then going "show ya moves" has been a thing with him forever but Ness......?

MEGA GRENINJA

WHAT IS EVEN HAPPENING.
I don't think that this is actually confirmed to be Mega Greninja afaik. It just looks like Greninja with some Ash-like features. Probably just a cosmetic form change with possibly a new move a la Keldeo-Resolute.

There's still the possibility it is Mega Greninja but....I was hoping for a little more out of a Mega Greninja.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002

"ZYGARDE PERFECT FORME"

MEGA GRENINJA

WHAT IS EVEN HAPPENING.
I know I stopped watching the anime after the Johto League, but dammit, I'll think I'll watch this for the redesigned Greninja (uncertain if it's a mega) and Mobile Suit Zygarde.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Rashid looks like he took a lot of elements from El Furete

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I don't think that this is actually confirmed to be Mega Greninja afaik. It just looks like Greninja with some Ash-like features. Probably just a cosmetic form change with possibly a new move a la Keldeo-Resolute.

There's still the possibility it is Mega Greninja but....I was hoping for a little more out of a Mega Greninja.
Ash being redesigned himself for XY is a bit skeptical though. Ash didn't have sideburns until this series, and one of this Greninja's prominent features are the black marking on the sides of its face.

I'm all for Pokemon going the Chao route, where they take physical characteristics of their caregivers - one of the only good things to ever come out the Chao Gardens, really - but I'm still in the "Mega" camp.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
*groan*

Rate Their Chances is doing Isaac again. That thread needs to die...

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Golden Sun is dormant, yes, but Isaac is up there with King K. Rool, Wolf and Inkling in terms of popularity and desire.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I ******* about the existence of the RTC thread. And @ Yaki Yaki said Isaac is from a dead franchise.

Nah

Smash Champion
But isn't golden sun dead?
While that's kinda true it wouldn't really stop them from including the character in Smash.

The Kid Icarus series didn't have a game in nearly 20 years (the second game came out the year before I was born lmao) but they went and stuck Pit in Brawl for some reason. Was kinda the same with Game&Watch and Melee too.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
While that's kinda true it wouldn't really stop them from including the character in Smash.

The Kid Icarus series didn't have a game in nearly 20 years (the second game came out the year before I was born lmao) but they went and stuck Pit in Brawl for some reason. Was kinda the same with Game&Watch and Melee too.
Besides. A lot of people, me included, think that if Isaac gets into Smash4, it'll be a VERY compelling case for Golden Sun 4.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
But isn't golden sun dead?
Truth to be told, Mother is the "true dead franchise of Nintendo", as in, the creator himself said he wouldn't make anymore games, and Ness and Lucas still got in (though the fandom is still lively as ever, so they are popular).
While no one knows how many votes each character really got, the ballot is supposed to be fanservice, as Sakurai himself said, so top characters will get in either way, imo.

On another note, here's a late Welcome, dear.:cheep:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Truth to be told, Mother is the "true dead franchise of Nintendo", as in, the creator himself said he wouldn't make anymore games, and Ness and Lucas still got in (though the fandom is still lively as ever, so they are popular).
While no one knows how many votes each character really got, the ballot is supposed to be fanservice, as Sakurai himself said, so top characters will get in either way, imo.

On another note, here's a late Welcome, dear.:cheep:
I kinda doubt that Sakurai will bow entirely to the whims of the Ballot. I don't see him kissing Microsoft's ass and trying to get like Master Chief in or something like that.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I kinda doubt that Sakurai will bow entirely to the whims of the Ballot. I don't see him kissing Microsoft's *** and trying to get like Master Chief in or something like that.
Master Chief is kind of a silly comparison since Japan dislikes the Xbox anyway, so Master Chief has zero chance of actually happening.

A more apt comparison(for highly voted things anyway) would be the likely high amount of troll votes for Goku and Shrek, for instance.

And that recent Britney Spears for Smash garbage.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Master Chief is kind of a silly comparison since Japan dislikes the Xbox anyway, so Master Chief has zero chance of actually happening.

A more apt comparison(for highly voted things anyway) would be the likely high amount of troll votes for Goku and Shrek, for instance.

And that recent Britney Spears for Smash garbage.
The only reason I would want Britney Spears in Smash is so I could KO her over and over and over and over again.

Elezir

I kinda doubt that Sakurai will bow entirely to the whims of the Ballot. I don't see him kissing Microsoft's *** and trying to get like Master Chief in or something like that.
Well, officially, they did say that any character that had it's origins in video game was eligible.

Imo, I doubt third party characters will get too much votes to the point they get to the top (aside maybe Snake because Vet and other characters that were on a Nintendo console at some point), after all, the majority of people voting are Nintendo fans, who need to have a Wii U/3DS to be able to play Smash and care anyway.

I'm not going to speculate on this matter more than this, really, because all we know for sure is what Nintendo and Sakurai told us. We can throw the copyright issues into the mix, at max, imo because I doubt Square would let Nintendo touch any of their precious FF characters lol
More than that is trying to understand how Sakurai's mind work, which no one, aside from himself, can lol

Last edited:

Elezir

*ahem*
Mother 4 :troll:
That's why I said the fandom is lively:roll:
This is not being made by either the original creator nor Nintendo, but by some damn awesome fans.
and while I will play the game once it's out and do put faith into it, to Nintendo and its creator Mother is a dead franchise and we want them to keep ignoring the existence of Mother 4, anyway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom