• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Agreed. Unlike most other FPS games, Halos got substance. Its got the superior stories (to an extent), the superior characters (somewhat debatable but at least not everyone is a burly white dude), none of that killstreak bs in the multiplayer ('cept possibly Halo 4), and it's got the freaking Sanghelii, some of the coolest aliens in games. I'm not ashamed of being a Halo nut, that's all Im saying. :)

Since you guys were talking about Vincent's voice roles earlier and I'm talking about Halo, I just remembered that David also voiced various marines in Halo 4.
Kids these days always think kill streaks and super violent or sexual games are the only good games. It's okay to be a Halo nut.

David will be in everything by 2017. The Rob Paulsen of gaming soon.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Kids these days always think kill streaks and super violent or sexual games are the only good games. It's okay to be a Halo nut.

David will be in everything by 2017. The Rob Paulsen of gaming soon.
Well, if it's done in a satirical and over-the-top way like Saints Row, No More Heroes, Shadows of the Damned, and more, I wouldn't mind hyper-violent and super-sexual games. It's all in stupid fun. :p

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Indeed, indeed. :3

That's true, though there are some quality fanarts on Pixiv/Zerochan if you search deep enough!
muh favorite rarity is really good hunk fan art.
especially if he has that Mr. Death outfit thats on Mercs 3D.
that stuff is the best :4pacman:

though i'm content with anything decent for RE period though.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
who ever thinks kill streaks are wise game desing needs to be spanked
Not all of it is bad, it's just not Halos thing. I do like killstreaks if they are utilized properly and are fun to use. One of my faves is in CoD WaW (one of the only games in the series I like) where if you get 9 kills, you can send in pack of dogs to kill your opponents.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well, if it's done in a satirical and over-the-top way like Saints Row, No More Heroes, Shadows of the Damned, and more, I wouldn't mind hyper-violent and super-sexual games. It's all in stupid fun. :p
Saint Rows is always a fun game.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Play Spec Ops: The Line, Bulletstorm, Shadows of the Damned, and something else I can't remember, but may remember later... The Line is basically Heart of Darkness and Apocalypse Now as a video game and questions why we love playing military shooters and violence, Bulletstorm is just stupid fun, and Shadows of the Damned is also stupid, cheesy, camp fun. There's also Vanquish if you want a spin on shooters since the boost mechanic makes stuff a bit more fast-paced except for one level and there's the Transformer games as well, but they're not the one I'm thinking... Ditto on Binary Domain if you want something Blade Runner-esque. Max Payne games are good too for the noir and introspective feel Max gives while he's slaughtering people in a typical shooter way.
Someone mentioned Vanquish.

Raziek talking about playing against DKwill last night reminded me of one of my recent FG opponents, who I won't name for reasons that will be obvious.
In his profile, he'd linked to his Reddit profile, which I looked up afterwards out of curiosity; on it, he'd commented on a thread about a recent tournament in Europe that DKwill was at, in which he'd knocked someone into loser's. At the time, I didn't connect the dots, since the guy was one of the worst sports I've played - non-stop taunting and teabagging - and I had written him off as a typical FG player, particularly since I was beating him pretty thoroughly by the end (I could feel the salt!).
But, I just looked up the bracket for this tournament after remembering it, and apparently this guy I beat on FG was actually the person who knocked DKwill into loser's at this tournament (although he later lost when they met again in loser's).
So... I guess I'm not doing as badly as I thought I was, if I can beat this guy who took a set off the best DK player in the world?
Funny how that works sometimes. Moments of making people salt and drinking those tears makes it all the more enjoyable. A similar thing happen at a Midwest tourney this past weekend where one of our unranked players from my area who plays Villager took out a Sonic player who beat the top two players at one of his recent big locals in his area 2-0 and made him so salt he didn't even want him on commentary and gave him a dirty ol look despite the streaming team was also from my area.

This.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Play Spec Ops: The Line, Bulletstorm, Shadows of the Damned, and something else I can't remember, but may remember later... The Line is basically Heart of Darkness and Apocalypse Now as a video game and questions why we love playing military shooters and violence, Bulletstorm is just stupid fun, and Shadows of the Damned is also stupid, cheesy, camp fun. There's also Vanquish if you want a spin on shooters since the boost mechanic makes stuff a bit more fast-paced except for one level and there's the Transformer games as well, but they're not the one I'm thinking... Ditto on Binary Domain if you want something Blade Runner-esque. Max Payne games are good too for the noir and introspective feel Max gives while he's slaughtering people in a typical shooter way.
If anyone plays the recent Transformers games, avoid Rise Of The Dark Spark unless it's the 3DS version.

It's just a re skin of Fall of Cybertron, only with slightly improved multiplayer.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
GG, Winny. Once again I continue to lose. I beat you a couple of times but you won the majority. In the end, I had a blast and regardless if I win or lose, I always give my opponents good matches.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
If anyone plays the recent Transformers games, avoid Rise Of The Dark Spark unless it's the 3DS version.

It's just a re skin of Fall of Cybertron, only with slightly improved multiplayer.
Preach. RotDS was such a disappointment. Glad I only rented it for Wii U, beat it in about two days.

Real talk. When are we getting a true sequel to Fall of Cybertron, huh High Moon?

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Okay, shooter talk. The Borderlands series is among the best I've ever played. Love everything about it. The art style, the characters, the sweet, sweet loot, and everything in between.

I was into CoD for a while(at least up to WaW), but kind of fell out of the loop when BO came around. Just couldn't be bothered with it anymore for some reason(that and my comp wasn't up to spec at that point in time).

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Okay, shooter talk. The Borderlands series is among the best I've ever played. Love everything about it. The art style, the characters, the sweet, sweet loot, and everything in between.

I was into CoD for a while(at least up to WaW), but kind of fell out of the loop when BO came around. Just couldn't be bothered with it anymore for some reason(that and my comp wasn't up to spec at that point in time).
Funnily enough, I can't stand Borderlands.

I've always felt that the artstyle clashed too much with the setting for it to be justified, I've always thought the characters were to generic and over the top to be fun to listen to, and the loot all feels like each thing has very little differences to another to me.

I don't really play first person shooters unless they have a good meaning to them, or are especially unique. Sure, Borderlands is unique but it's story is absolute garbage. Call of Duty has cool game play, but lacks in basically every other department. The only first-person shooters I have ever truly enjoyed were the BioShock and Metroid Prime franchises. They're both quite similar too! BioShock 2, although the black sheep of the series, still remains one of my top 5 games of all time. It sacrificed story for gameplay without sacrificing the atmosphere and even the emotions of the original.

Call me crazy, but I think FPS's are a total waste of time. First-Person Adventure or First-Person RPG is where it's at.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
GG, Winny. Once again I continue to lose. I beat you a couple of times but you won the majority. In the end, I had a blast and regardless if I win or lose, I always give my opponents good matches.
Sorry, I meant to say good games! That Tink is vury scurry~ ;w;

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
yaaay does anyone want to fight a punching bag? wii u or 3ds doesn't matterrr

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I feel like playing FEA again.

I actually need to try the :4robinf: route.

Spoiler warning:
I ain't marrying Chrom. I wanna do the Jealous :4lucina: support. I love the lesbian undertones in it

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Ha! You crazy kids with your defined strengths and abject weaknesses! How coy, how adorable! I set my celestial eyes upon you and scoff!

:4pit:

Behold - a true paragon of absolute adequacy! I stand here, noble and unafraid, with my moderate damage output and reasonable combo rate, ready to strike you down with so-so intensity and an utterly average modicum of fury! Just try to curb my ineffable mediocrity, my indomitable neutrality! I am a divine bastion of eternal normality, an immutable stream of tepid insubstantiality!

I am, to a respectable yet essentially humble quantity, inexorable! I am Pit!

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Funnily enough, I can't stand Borderlands.

I've always felt that the artstyle clashed too much with the setting for it to be justified, I've always thought the characters were to generic and over the top to be fun to listen to, and the loot all feels like each thing has very little differences to another to me.
The toonish artstyle is actually my favorite in all of gaming(I learned that after playing LoZ WW), and it kinda fits in with the silliness that occurs in the series. And this isn't exactly a Fallout-esque setting that needs a super realistic and gritty artstyle. Most of the characters in the series just have this wackiness that just makes them more endearing. Like a glory hog soldier that let himself get captured by a pack of bandits in order to let his turret wipe the floor with them. Or a robot-crazed teenage girl that mutilates her own arm in an accident, then decides to make a cybernetic arm for herself in order to control said robot. And don't get me started on Mr. Torgue.

Have you ever tried BL2/TPS? The loot underwent a serious overhaul to make each manufacturer radically different from each other. Like Torgue with their exclusively explosive weaponry, or Hyperion with the reverse recoil mechanic.

I don't really play first person shooters unless they have a good meaning to them, or are especially unique. Sure, Borderlands is unique but it's story is absolute garbage. Call of Duty has cool game play, but lacks in basically every other department. The only first-person shooters I have ever truly enjoyed were the BioShock and Metroid Prime franchises. They're both quite similar too! BioShock 2, although the black sheep of the series, still remains one of my top 5 games of all time. It sacrificed story for gameplay without sacrificing the atmosphere and even the emotions of the original.
If you're playing Borderlands in hopes of finding a good story, you're doing it wrong. Borderlands isn't a story intensive series, it's all about the loot first and foremost. When BL2 came around, there was a bit more work put into the story element of the game, but it still wasn't the main focus, it was still about the loot and blowing stuff up with said loot.

I prefer unique shooters as well, and you mentioned Metroid Prime, which I think is one of the greatest series in Nintendo history. Really wish they would continue it in some way. I have some experience with BioShock, most notably 2 and Infinite. They were relatively enjoyable. I've seen some gameplay of the first, but I prefer how things were done in 2. I do like the setting of Infinite overall, though.

Call me crazy, but I think FPS's are a total waste of time. First-Person Adventure or First-Person RPG is where it's at.
Eh, to each their own. Personally, I think you're missing out on Borderlands. I'm a platformer person primarily, but I do like me some badass guns and explosions.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I main five characters, one for each playstyle and then my main.
Lucina, Lucario, Rosalina, Mega Man, and Ganondorf.

By the way.
Ganondorf needs a OoT costume. Something like his Hyrule Warriors DLC costume, but less ****ty.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I agree with @ Nah Nah here. You should focus on a very small handful of characters at most. Any more and your knowledge of each character is spread too thin. You won't be able to focus on your best character(s) if you try to master everybody at the same time.

It's very possible to play several characters with tournament-level skill - I know people that can do it - but it's extremely difficult to achieve this without massive routine practice and, to be frank, a decent modicum of natural talent.

I play Doc for fun and I think I'm pretty good with him. Would I enter a serious tourney with him? Hell no. I'd get bodied. I don't understand the character that well at all compared to Pit, my best character. Pit and Palutena are the only characters with whom I would happily go to a tournament this moment. I put the work into my favourite characters, I get the results.

I honestly think it's a tad naive to say you absolutely need to focus on a sole main in order to win: poor matchups do exist, y'know? That said, it's best to decide whom you really and truly want to do well with, and most importantly, understand why you believe in the efficacy of your skill with the characters. It will serve you will in the future, trust me.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
GGs @ ~Skelly~ ~Skelly~ ! It was fun, we should play again sometime

@ Wintropy Wintropy I have to go somewhere and Idk when I'll be back, so could we play again another time? So sorry ;__;

Top Bottom