• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
PLAY BORDERLANDS. Seriously, it's so good. The characters, artstyle, weapons and generally the entire "world" of Borderlands is simply amazing and well-thought out.
Tales from the Borderlands got me into the franchise, and here I am having just completed Borderlands 2 and am currently playing Borderlands; The Pre-Sequel.
Also, this guy

This guy is literally the best thing ever.
As for the other Telltale games, I've played TWAU and TWDG, though the latter was emotionally draining. :halfsheep:
I swore off of shooters in 2012 after Halo 4 straight upset me and I don't find any of them fun. Borderlands just doesn't interest me. That and I'm not fond of its art style but that's just a preference.

Sorry.

Matsushi

True Blood
I swore off of shooters in 2012 after Halo 4 straight upset me and I don't find any of them fun. Borderlands just doesn't interest me. That and I'm not fond of its art style but that's just a preference.

Sorry.
Ayyyy, no need to apologize at all! It's simply something you should think about if you're short on video games to play in the future~ :3

My Halo 4 copy is still in its plastic wrap since last year. I still don't know why I haven't opened it yet despite hearing that it's a pretty good game.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I only played Halo 4 for its campaign which was pretty fun. Hopefully Halo 5 is the same in that regard.

I haven't played multiplayer regularly since Halo 3.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Ayyyy, no need to apologize at all! It's simply something you should think about if you're short on video games to play in the future~ :3

My Halo 4 copy is still in its plastic wrap since last year. I still don't know why I haven't opened it yet despite hearing that it's a pretty good game.
It's not that great. Story is still stupid and I feel like the gameplay got worst and feels more like CoD moreso.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
It's not that great. Story is still stupid and I feel like the gameplay got worst and feels more like CoD moreso.
As much as I love the franchise, I will agree that Halo 4 was underwhelming in comparison to the games before it even though I lIke that one as well. 343i made the multiplayer feel TOO much like Cod. Hopefully Halo 5 does better. The multilayer looks promising and I finally get to see Blue Team in action.

Matsushi

True Blood
And you people still touch your Xbox.

Wii U all the time for me.
I literally only touch my Xbox for Borderlands and Deus Ex~

I literally only touch my Wii U for Smash 4, Splatoon and Bayonetta 2 occasionally.

I'm always on my PS4. :halfsheep:
Ugh, I hate when games gradually become CoD, cough Resident Evil 6 cough. :halfsheep: Funnily enough, all CoD games are almost identical.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I literally only touch my Xbox for Borderlands and Deus Ex~

I literally only touch my Wii U for Smash 4, Splatoon and Bayonetta 2 occasionally.

I'm always on my PS4. :halfsheep:

Ugh, I hate when games gradually become CoD, cough Resident Evil 6 cough. :halfsheep: Funnily enough, all CoD games are almost identical.
Actually RE6 was really trying to be like Gears of War and I can easily tell. That's just as bad

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
I was disappointed by resident evil 6 because it's action combat system was amazing (though it had problems) but it was so wasted on frustrating and relatively boring level design, imagine if it had resi 4 tier level design, it would have been one of the best action games of the generation.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
The new Star Wars Battlefront game is literally just Battlefield with a Star Wars skin. They took everything that made Battlefront II awesome and threw it out the window. Very disappointing.

EA for ya.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

I play on 360 because I'm poor. Play Smash on my 3DS.
I also have a Vita but it's a Persona/Sonic All-Star Racing machine

Matsushi

True Blood
Actually RE6 was really trying to be like Gears of War and I can easily tell. That's just as bad
Yeah, it was. Though, Chris' campaign was leaning more towards Call of Duty, and that's what disappointed me. Other then that, I didn't dislike the game, but it was far from a "great" Resident Evil game. Resident Evil 4 is personally my favorite along with RE(make).
I was disappointed by resident evil 6 because it's action combat system was amazing (though it had problems) but it was so wasted on frustrating and relatively boring level design, imagine if it had resi 4 tier level design, it would have been one of the best action games of the generation.
Indeed, indeed. The entire game was lacking in "wow" factor. Leon's campaign was the only one which I found entertaining (because Leon :halfsheep:), Chris' was rather plain, whilst Jake's was just.. "meh."

From Resident Evil 5, the franchise was simply lacking the horror element in which the previous games were predominately known for, thus becoming more of a generic shooter. I still liked Resident Evil 5 to an extent, but it was far from perfect.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Yeah, it was. Though, Chris' campaign was leaning more towards Call of Duty, and that's what disappointed me. Other then that, I didn't dislike the game, but it was far from a "great" Resident Evil game. Resident Evil 4 is personally my favorite along with RE(make).

Indeed, indeed. The entire game was lacking in "wow" factor. Leon's campaign was the only one which I found entertaining (because Leon :halfsheep:), Chris' was rather plain, whilst Jake's was just.. "meh."

From Resident Evil 5, the franchise was simply lacking the horror element in which the previous games were predominately known for, thus becoming more of a generic shooter. I still liked Resident Evil 5 to an extent, but it was far from perfect.
At least you enjoyed them. I never had interest in RE. I kept hearing how great RE4 was, so I bought it when I found it. When I got to play it, I just couldn't get into it. I dunno, maybe it's just that I don't care for zombies or the like. I still own it so I'll get to playing it eventually. Maybe I'll like it this time around.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I don't care much for horror games either, but I still really liked RE4. Could never get into the other games in the series, but I might as well try the RE1 remake sometime, since I have it lying around mostly unused.

Matsushi

True Blood
You accuse RE6 of being like CoD and not RE5?
Resident Evil 5 was where it was becoming more like CoD in my eyes. Resident Evil 6 however was very reminiscent of CoD, particularly Chris' campaign.

Even his own design just screamed "CoD";

At least you enjoyed them. I never had interest in RE. I kept hearing how great RE4 was, so I bought it when I found it. When I got to play it, I just couldn't get into it. I dunno, maybe it's just that I don't care for zombies or the like. I still own it so I'll get to playing it eventually. Maybe I'll like it this time around.
Ay, don't worry! I know that feeling when there's a game that is liked by SO many people but when you actually play it, unfortunately it doesn't click for you. It's worth playing it again though, perhaps you may like it~ :3

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
That is sad at least they greenlight the RE2 remake yesterday. As for RE5 it was meh but Wesker made that game an enjoyable experience.

EDIT: I have REmake on GC along with RE Zero and still haven't played it yet. Need to get to it but too many games.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Resident Evil 5 was where it was becoming more like CoD in my eyes. Resident Evil 6 however was very reminiscent of CoD, particularly Chris' campaign.

Even his own design just screamed "CoD";
Yeah, definitely.
Although strangely I actually like Resident Evil 6 overall...whereas to this day I hate RE5.
Chris's RE6 campaign has the best story...but also the most unoriginal one. Huh./

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I heard that series was like Resident Evil but with dinosaurs.
Seems interesting. Wonder why it isn't as popular.

I do! Always lost the pieces though...
Last game pretty much killed the franchise and isn't remembered as much

That would be cool but the last game in the series gave people WTF looks right?

I just want another DarkStalkers and Viewtiful Joe 3 :(
Yes on those two. Also where's Omnimusha 5 Capcom?

Oh yeah, I forgot. Inafune was in charge of the series.

Damn it

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
That is sad at least they greenlight the RE2 remake yesterday. As for RE5 it was meh but Wesker made that game an enjoyable experience.
EDIT: I have REmake on GC along with RE Zero and still haven't played it yet. Need to get to it but too many games.
THE RE2 REMAKE. YESS.
Could not be more happy about that.

Also, regarding REmake and RE Zero...

doit.gif

REmake is (imo) one of the best games ever made and Zero is pretty good too.

D

Deleted member

I mostly play my Xbox for games like Ultra Street Fighter IV, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Sonic Generations, and Sonic 06.
Other than that, Nintendo all day every day.

Anybody remember this franchise?

My childhood! :joyful:
I do. Holy hell, that's a decade old by now!

That would be cool but the last game in the series gave people WTF looks right?

I just want another DarkStalkers and Viewtiful Joe 3 :(
I'm hoping that they bring the newest Ace Attorney to the US. They didn't bring Ace Attorney Investigations 2 over here. :(

D

Deleted member

Well my Internet's been down for at least 5 hours at this point.

I guess I should call my ISP at some point today.

Damn Broadband Failure.

:mad088:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Capcom did great with Revelations on the 3DS (the hd versions idk why but didn't like it), cant say any ring about Revelations 2, then screwed up on 6...gave me nightmares.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Capcom did great with Revelations on the 3DS (the hd versions idk why but didn't like it), cant say any ring about Revelations 2, then screwed up on 6...gave me nightmares.
Revelations 2 is the ****. I ****ing love Revelations 2. Mainly because of Moira and Barry.
Revelations 1 is good too, but it seems like the console versions sucked because they had RE6 controls. Oh well.

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
Revelations was really good. I loved the characters, gameplay and setting! (and Jill :halfsheep:)

Bonus points because Raymond shares the same voice actor as :4robinm:~

Top Bottom