• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Revelations was really good. I loved the characters, gameplay and setting! (and Jill :halfsheep:)

Bonus points because Raymond shares the same voice actor as :4robinm:~
You'll love BlazBlue them because both Robins :4robinm::4robinf: voice characters Jin and Litchi.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Revelations 2 is the ****. I ****ing love Revelations 2.
Revelations 1 is good too, but it seems like the console versions sucked because they had RE6 controls. Oh well.
I wish I could've played Revelations 2, only got to watch cutscenes of it.
Revelations was really good. I loved the characters, gameplay and setting! (and Jill :halfsheep:)

Bonus points because Raymond shares the same voice actor as :4robinm:~
Yet Raymond never said tip the scales before it was cool. Jill is the first 3rd Rd party chick that I could consider hot(sorry Bayonetta fans), but whoever though of the idea to give the player's a good view of her...assets, they were trying to kill us all.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I love Parker Luciani too! Though his AI is garbage. :halfsheep:

LOL. :4robinm: does sound more subtle and collected than Raymond, but you can tell. David Vincent's voice is quite distinctive.
Parker never helped me the whole game. Just stood there whenever I was about to die.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP

LOL. :4robinm: does sound more subtle and collected than Raymond, but you can tell. David Vincent's voice is quite distinctive.
Yes, David Vincent's rendition of Jin and his psychotic, homoerotic fanboying over Ragna in Blazblue was quite distinctive.

Matsushi

True Blood
You'll love BlazBlue them because both Robins :4robinm::4robinf: voice characters Jin and Litchi.
Yep, I've played Blazblue! Jin and Rachel are my favorites~ :3 But yeah, it's quite the coincidence that both their VAs are in the same game.

Yet Raymond never said tip the scales before it was cool. Jill is the first 3rd Rd party chick that I could consider hot(sorry Bayonetta fans), but whoever though of the idea to give the player's a good view of her...assets, they were trying to kill us all.
Jilllll is so purty indeed. Though, they completely changed her face from Resident Evil 5/REmake and Revelations. I did prefer the former more.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Only games I ever play on my 360 are Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising, Ultra Street Fighter 4, Sonic Adventure 2, Megaman 9 and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX.

Gonna get some more games though

Yep, I've played Blazblue! Jin and Rachel are my favorites~ :3 But yeah, it's quite the coincidence that both their VAs are in the same game.
While I prefer Guilty Gear over BlazBlue, I do enjoy the games and my favorite character is this glorious *******

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I got RE4 Wii Edition as a gift last year.
I haven't played it yet.
Maybe I should.
Wii edition is the best version ;)
Well...aside from...the HD remaster (unless those don't have the bonus content, in which case, **** them)
Yeah he's not helpful at all. I think that's by design though.

Jilllll is so purty indeed. Though, they completely changed her face from Resident Evil 5/REmake and Revelations. I did prefer the former more.
I'll never forget what they did to her face.
They gave her a much better personality but ****ed up her face model! Even in RE5 it looked bad.
Her new face would be fine if she looked like that in-game Revelations (she doesn't).
For posterity:
vs.

this.
Meh.
What's weirder is they then give Claire a new face that looks exactly like Jill used to:

And a new costume with a hairstyle to match it. ???
(it looks a lot more obvious in-game though)

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
Parker never helped me the whole game. Just stood there whenever I was about to die.
Neither did Jessica and Chris. :halfsheep:
I remember when Chris was my partner for a brief amount of time and whilst we were in the middle of intense exploration, he shut a door in my face. :emptysheep:
Yes, David Vincent's rendition of Jin and his psychotic, homoerotic fanboying over Ragna in Blazblue was quite distinctive.
"'Cos I get to kill you again, nii-sAN!!!!"

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
I got into resident evil with remake, then went back and played 2 and then re4 wii edition which ended up being my favorite game in the franchise and my favorite TPS of all time. Was super disappointed by the output of capcom in the 7th gen for resident evil outside revelations (though Lost Planet was one of my favorite games from them and which confuses me still as to why resident evil suffered in general design)

Matsushi

True Blood
I'll never forget what they did to her face.
They gave her a much better personality but ****ed up her face model! Even in RE5 it looked bad.
Her new face would be fine if she looked like that in-game Revelations (she doesn't).
For posterity:
vs.

this.
Meh.
What's weirder is they then give Claire a new face that looks exactly like Jill used to:

And a new costume with a hairstyle to match it. ???
(it looks a lot more obvious in-game though)
Claire looks subtly different in all the games she's featured in, but I think she looks best in the Degeneration movie~

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I swore off of shooters in 2012 after Halo 4 straight upset me and I don't find any of them fun. Borderlands just doesn't interest me. That and I'm not fond of its art style but that's just a preference.

Sorry.
Play Spec Ops: The Line, Bulletstorm, Shadows of the Damned, and something else I can't remember, but may remember later... The Line is basically Heart of Darkness and Apocalypse Now as a video game and questions why we love playing military shooters and violence, Bulletstorm is just stupid fun, and Shadows of the Damned is also stupid, cheesy, camp fun. There's also Vanquish if you want a spin on shooters since the boost mechanic makes stuff a bit more fast-paced except for one level and there's the Transformer games as well, but they're not the one I'm thinking... Ditto on Binary Domain if you want something Blade Runner-esque. Max Payne games are good too for the noir and introspective feel Max gives while he's slaughtering people in a typical shooter way.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Both are still awesome. Jill can pull off the dark brown hair, but not blond.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Raziek talking about playing against DKwill last night reminded me of one of my recent FG opponents, who I won't name for reasons that will be obvious.
In his profile, he'd linked to his Reddit profile, which I looked up afterwards out of curiosity; on it, he'd commented on a thread about a recent tournament in Europe that DKwill was at, in which he'd knocked someone into loser's. At the time, I didn't connect the dots, since the guy was one of the worst sports I've played - non-stop taunting and teabagging - and I had written him off as a typical FG player, particularly since I was beating him pretty thoroughly by the end (I could feel the salt!).
But, I just looked up the bracket for this tournament after remembering it, and apparently this guy I beat on FG was actually the person who knocked DKwill into loser's at this tournament (although he later lost when they met again in loser's).
So... I guess I'm not doing as badly as I thought I was, if I can beat this guy who took a set off the best DK player in the world?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Neither did Jessica and Chris. :halfsheep:
I remember when Chris was my partner for a brief amount of time and whilst we were in the middle of intense exploration, he shut a door in my face. :emptysheep:

"'Cos I get to kill you again, nii-sAN!!!!"
Chris is a horrible ladies man. Once, he just ran away from me during the final boss. Usually he helps, but the first time not one bit.

D

Deleted member

In terms of shooters I'll always be a Battlefield and Halo fanboy.

I really hope ADS doesn't make it out of Beta for Halo 5, that was one of the nice unique things about the franchise.

D

Deleted member

Masochist. :|

:cheep:
My sanity died with Sonic 06. :p
I was tempted to buy Ride to Hell: Retribution after hearing the bad reviews and I wanna play Superman 64 one day.

Raziek talking about playing against DKwill last night reminded me of one of my recent FG opponents, who I won't name for reasons that will be obvious.
In his profile, he'd linked to his Reddit profile, which I looked up afterwards out of curiosity; on it, he'd commented on a thread about a recent tournament in Europe that DKwill was at, in which he'd knocked someone into loser's. At the time, I didn't connect the dots, since the guy was one of the worst sports I've played - non-stop taunting and teabagging - and I had written him off as a typical FG player, particularly since I was beating him pretty thoroughly by the end (I could feel the salt!).
But, I just looked up the bracket for this tournament after remembering it, and apparently this guy I beat on FG was actually the person who knocked DKwill into loser's at this tournament (although he later lost when they met again in loser's).
So... I guess I'm not doing as badly as I thought I was, if I can beat this guy who took a set off the best DK player in the world?
Impressive! :D

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
That's the spirit!

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
you know you guys should visit the Swordfighter social (@ Moydow Moydow is excluded because he already visits)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
In terms of shooters I'll always be a Battlefield and Halo fanboy.

I really hope ADS doesn't make it out of Beta for Halo 5, that was one of the nice unique things about the franchise.
Halo is way better than COD. Don't know why people say COD is the best when they say kids prove that it'd better.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Halo is way better than COD. Don't know why people say COD is the best when they say kids prove that it'd better.
Agreed. Unlike most other FPS games, Halos got substance. Its got the superior stories (to an extent), the superior characters (somewhat debatable but at least not everyone is a burly white dude), none of that killstreak bs in the multiplayer ('cept possibly Halo 4), and it's got the freaking Sanghelii, some of the coolest aliens in games. I'm not ashamed of being a Halo nut, that's all Im saying. :)

Since you guys were talking about Vincent's voice roles earlier and I'm talking about Halo, I just remembered that David also voiced various marines in Halo 4.

Top Bottom