• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
On a random note, I found out there's a cap on the Damage Recovered tab in the Personal Records section.

I saw that and thought that was too perfect of a coincidence and did a quick match where I did Nosferatu. I checked after the match and it's still the same number.

Edit: Okay I was wrong, I guess Special Smash doesn't count towards the records for damage recovered because now it's changed.

I guess I just happened to have it at that exact percent by chance.

Last edited:

Soul.

Damn I haven't been on this thread for a while.
I have no secondary and the only character I use is :4pikachu:, though I mess around with the others.
Finding another character to click with you is hard.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I don't own my own car (insurance is just too expensive), and I wouldn't get taking the family car for most of the day, so driving isn't possible. The alternative is public transport, but schedules are awkward because of where I live (tournaments in Dublin are a total 14 hour round trip - 7am to 9pm - acceptable for a commute to and from work, maybe, but not so much just to play a video game for an hour or so).

Probably... I guess I just haven't really looked enough, honestly.
Ah, that makes more sense then.

Should probably try to find a wifi partner in your area, IMO.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
On a random note, I found out there's a cap on the Damage Recovered tab in the Personal Records section.

I saw that and thought that was too perfect of a coincidence and did a quick match where I did Nosferatu. I checked after the match and it's still the same number.

Edit: Okay I was wrong, I guess Special Smash doesn't count towards the records for damage recovered because now it's changed.

Cool.

Though I'm more interested in how you have recovered 351 damage with :4falcon:.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Cool.

Though I'm more interested in how you have recovered 351 damage with :4falcon:.
Every once in a while I'll play with items on and other Falcon CPU's in a crazy Falcon Free for all.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Super late but here's my triangle of mains~

:4zelda:
:4zelda::4zelda:
:4zelda::4zelda::4zelda:
:4zelda::4zss::4zelda::4zelda:
:4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::4zelda:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247

I'm impressed, you actually have more recovered than me. ._.

How many games played?

I've got 22290 over 2395 games.

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Super late but here's my triangle of mains~

:4zelda:
:4zelda::4zelda:
:4zelda::4zelda::4zelda:
:4zelda::4zss::4zelda::4zelda:
:4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::4zelda:
There's something awfully strange about this pyramid... like there's someone who doesn't belong ;)
Btw am I like the only one here that it's not late at night for? Where I'm at it is only 10:30 (Or I could just be a night owl lol)

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
2:35 AM but I don't work tomorrow!

:happysheep:
Goodness! I must be one of the farthest tacticians to the west then! I reside in eastern Washington State, which is essentially a desert :urg: blazing hot in the summer (now) and freezing cold in the winter

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
12:45 here, currently assaulting my couch cushions over Chapter 23 of Hector Hard Mode.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
@ Raziek Raziek

In your professional opinion, with the buffs that Robin got in the last patch, where do you think (s)he'd land in the tier lists?

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
RST posting character battle stats.

Continue on please?
Mine would be an embarrassment to everyone here. I've spent way too much time on Splatoon these past two months that Smash has been pretty much forgotten.

Splatoon too fun please nerf.

See I shouldn't have bought it because of my history of near addiction with FPS games, but I did and it's so much fun.

[collapse=A frame of reference for how much time I'm able to put into FPS games]
My BF3 stats.
View attachment 67645
View attachment 67646 View attachment 67647

Colonel 58 in this game essentially means that I hit the max rank of Colonel (level 45) and then proceeded to get 230,000 points (the amount required to go from level 44 to level 45) 58 times.

And the stars on the classes mean I went through the unlock trees of those classes' weapons and equipment that many times.

Yes I went through the Recon class 17 times, I love sniping in Battlefield that much.

And 397 hours translates to 16 days, as a fun fact.
[/collapse]

:awesome:
Here are my stats!!
upload_2015-8-11_1-38-43.png

upload_2015-8-11_1-42-54.png

upload_2015-8-11_1-45-11.png

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
@ Raziek Raziek

In your professional opinion, with the buffs that Robin got in the last patch, where do you think (s)he'd land in the tier lists?
Not Ordered Within Tiers

Top: :4sheik::rosalina::4luigi::4diddy::4fox::4pikachu::4zss:
High: :4falcon::4mario::4miibrawl::4ness::4sonic::4yoshi::4wario2:
Upper Mid: :4darkpit::4pit::4lucario::4robinf::4megaman::4metaknight::4olimar::4villager::4feroy::4greninja::4duckhunt::4rob:

It's not ordered within tiers, but that's approximately how I group the upper half-ish of the cast. She's in the group that I would call 'borderline'. Characters not quite as clearly solo-viable as those in Top/High, but totally playable and able to work around their disadvantages.

In other words, no higher than 15th, no lower than like 22ndish?
Hey Raz, if you have time tomorrow we could have some matches?

Also, these're my records

Maybe I need to play more Robin...
I'll be around all day, so sure! I probably won't wake up till like 1 pm my timezone though.

Last edited:

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
Well, my character pyramid goes like this battle-wise.
:4falcon:
:4robinm:(Main):4marth:
:4ganondorf::4link:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
He said your Rosalina is "okay" (I would view that as a compliment if I were you, he plays Rosalina too, to the extent that he is very fastidious about her play) and your Falco is "scary" - easily among the best he's ever seen!

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
He said your Rosalina is "okay" (I would view that as a compliment if I were you, he plays Rosalina too, to the extent that he is very fastidious about her play) and your Falco is "scary" - easily among the best he's ever seen!
I think from now on I'm going to start dedicating more time into Rosalina, been straying away from her a bit.

Nah

Smash Champion
I should check my records to see exactly how much of everyone I've played...

But the general breakdown is:
:4robinf::4lucina:
:4myfriends:
:4falco:
(Large gap)
:4mario::4samus:

But the thing I don't like is that while I know i have improved since launch I don't think I'm any good. I mean, just watch my recent matches with @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A or @The_Cardinal or @SpeedBump or @XenoBrawler610 amd it looks like I hardly know how to play the game(which I've been playing since melee, although not competitively until smash 4) =(

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I should check my records to see exactly how much of everyone I've played...

But the general breakdown is:
:4robinf::4lucina:
:4myfriends:
:4falco:
(Large gap)
:4mario::4samus:

But the thing I don't like is that while I know i have improved since launch I don't think I'm any good. I mean, just watch my recent matches with @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A or @The_Cardinal or @SpeedBump or @XenoBrawler610 amd it looks like I hardly know how to play the game(which I've been playing since melee, although not competitively until smash 4) =(
You do certainly know your fundamentals.

It's just that you need to improve on them, Robin in particular. That and you need to get used to the layout of whatever controller you're using as opposed to the 3DS. When I first fought friends on the Wii U I got bodied as well.

Everyone can improve, it just takes time. (:

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
You do certainly know your fundamentals.

It's just that you need to improve on them, Robin in particular. That and you need to get used to the layout of whatever controller you're using as opposed to the 3DS. When I first fought friends on the Wii U I got bodied as well.

Everyone can improve, it just takes time. (:
Unless you use a wireless controller against players with a poor internet connection, then it'll take longer.:laugh:

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I'm impressed, you actually have more recovered than me. ._.

How many games played?

I've got 22290 over 2395 games.
Overall I've played 2528 games, though I'm pretty sure a small amount of them involved items, playing against the CPU's, customs/equipment stuff, free for all shenanigans, or any combination of these.

That and I probably go for Nosferatu more than I should.

gameonion

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gameonion
3DS FC
4382-1966-1902
Oh man, I played so much Robin recently, I need to continue Awakening...

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Why do I feel terrible when I knowingly F-air offstage someone that won't make it back anyway?
Is it the disrespect factor..?

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Why do I feel terrible when I knowingly F-air offstage someone that won't make it back anyway?
Is it the disrespect factor..?
Something in your subconcience mind wanted you to add insult to injury.

Top Bottom