• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
Matsushi, LMAO at Flannel and Marx. MY NEW OTP THANKS GORL <3.
Niko, I present to you your new nickname!
:<33333

:3
I may need some Niko Nyquil actually. Too lazy to get some though.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
104 degree weather in Oklahoma with a broken filter in the apartment making inside a consistent 85-87 degrees = idgaf about the electric bill, fans are going full blast for 24 hours.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
104 degree weather in Oklahoma with a broken filter in the apartment making inside a consistent 85-87 degrees = idgaf about the electric bill, fans are going full blast for 24 hours.
Y'all Oklahomans are lucky you don't have to deal with the humidity that is Southeast Texas.
It's the reason why I always prefer Winter because you don't sweat like a pig right when you get outside

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
It's gonna be 115º degrees outside tomorrow here in Louisiana.

<<<<<<<<<<<<–––––––– MFW.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
The next stream will be tomorrow at 7:30 PM Eastern. Music will start at about 7:00 and game will start at about 7:30.

But before that...
I make posts flagging everyone that I'm streaming and I get people liking it, but obviously you guys don't like it enough to actually watch. I get 1, 2 maybe 3 people watching the stream when there's 20 of you in that list. So I'm thinking I'm not going to continue this because it seems that no one cares aside from being flagged in posts. Is that all it is? You guys just like it when @ you? I know people can't make it every night, but 2 seems to be the norm.

And you know what? Who cares if you have trouble actually watching the stream? Come in anyways and ask for someone to give you a play by play commentary. Or just come for the conversation or both.

It's really hard to want to do this when it seems no one gives a crap. And right now I'm convinced, aside from like 3 of you, no one gives a crap. So tell me now:

Do you truly care about this? Are my times/days really that poor? Why am I doing this?
Maybe some wires got crossed somewhere, but way back when you posted initially, you asked if people were interested in having units be a part of your team. Like, if I was to say "Hey I named Cloud after myself, who wants to be Barret?"

I didn't see that as any sort of implicit agreement that I have to try to watch the streams and follow the progress of said units? XCOM as a game doesn't even interest me that much, I just volunteered my info because I figured you just wanted to be more attached to your units by having them named after RST members. I have neither the time nor the desire to watch you stream it.

Like, I'm not trying to hurt feelings here, but you're like, WAY OUT OF LINE in getting MAD at people for not showing up? Bruh. Stream participation is 100% voluntary. That's how streaming works. This isn't a job, I'm not getting paid to show up and watch.

If I had known you'd be getting this upset about it I probably wouldn't have provided my info at all. You're not entitled to viewers just because you choose to stream. Between training sessions, work, and my own hobbies, watching the stream is pretty far down my priority list. :ohwell:

There's an honest answer for you. Sorry if it hurts.

Last edited:

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
About time I made an appearance here.

Hello, tacticians! LOOOOONG time lurker here (no seriously, I've lurked since around the 300 page mark)
Been maining :4robinm: since 3ds launch, chose to 2ndary :4shulk: a month or so in, and picked up :4ryu: bout a week after his release :estatic:
Pleasure to make your'e aquantances!

Since it seems we're discussing username pronunciations, I'll give mine freely; uhv-AW-kuh :upsidedown:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Let's all agree that the South is a horrible place during the summer.
It is!

And, from my perspective of the seasons down here....

Summer - Hell
Fall - Perfection
Winter- Needs More Snow/10
Spring - Pre-Hell

lmao.

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771

Hello, tacticians! LOOOOONG time lurker here (no seriously, I've lurked since around the 300 page mark)
Been maining :4robinm: since 3ds launch, chose to 2ndary :4shulk: a month or so in, and picked up :4ryu: bout a week after his release :estatic:

Since it seems we're discussing username pronunciations, I'll give mine freely; uhv-AW-kuh :upsidedown:
Welcome tactician. Pleasure to meet you. Clearly mine is easy to pronounce, as it's simply Arabic numerals.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

....... but you clearly already know that if you've been lurking for this long.

Official welcomes to the thread nonetheless! By the way, that's quite the sig ya got there. :p

Avokha

NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
*tries to keep up with the text* :crazy:
Regardless, that's one cool motivational video :3

...Suddenly I understand why its called Keep Up, lol

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Maybe some wires got crossed somewhere, but way back when you posted initially, you asked if people were interested in having units be a part of your team. Like, if I was to say "Hey I named Cloud after myself, who wants to be Barret?"

I didn't see that as any sort of implicit agreement that I have to try to watch the streams and follow the progress of said units? XCOM as a game doesn't even interest me that much, I just volunteered my info because I figured you just wanted to be more attached to your units by having them named after RST members. I have neither the time nor the desire to watch you stream it.

Like, I'm not trying to hurt feelings here, but you're like, WAY OUT OF LINE in getting MAD at people for not showing up? Bruh. Stream participation is 100% voluntary. That's how streaming works. This isn't a job, I'm not getting paid to show up and watch.

If I had known you'd be getting this upset about it I probably wouldn't have provided my info at all. You're not entitled to viewers just because you choose to stream. Between training sessions, work, and my own hobbies, watching the stream is pretty far down my priority list. :ohwell:

There's an honest answer for you. Sorry if it hurts.
I was never implying that you HAD to watch. It would have been nice, sure, but I wasn't expecting it. I'm just shocked that so few people are actually coming out to watch. It doesn't help that they constantly "Like" the posts and then didn't watch.

However, more importantly, this is getting more vicious and acidic than I thought it was going to, so I'm going to close with this:

It's done. It's over. I'm not going to deal with it anymore. I'm burying it here and now. It's done. It's over.

Last edited:

Arc_Thunder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ichuchu
It is!

And, from my perspective of the seasons down here....

Summer - Hell
Fall - Perfection
Winter- Needs More Snow/10
Spring - Pre-Hell

lmao.
Where I live winter is Hell because of to much snow, the snow becomes higher then our heads and I have to shovel all the time. plus it doesn't melt till about April. So be careful what you wish for :sadsheep:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437

Hai~

*hugs*

And I already had my name pronunciation talk in the :4zelda: social sooo......

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Where I'm at in Ohio, we've been getting severe thunderstorms and tornado warnings for the last month and a half.

Last edited:

Avokha

NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
So yesterday I played this annoyingly good Samus player on For Glory, and won all 3 games I played with the guy. After the first game, he remarked "that's it?" and "yawn" and by game 2 (which ended in sudden death/timeout) he was legit salty and calling me profane names. I decided to enjoy this salty moment and make some witty replies when suddenly the CSS timer went out and I forgot to select a character. The game gave me Pit, and at first I wasn't taking the game seriously as I don't play Pit but didn't want to bother getting temporarily banned, but after a little way into it I decided to try to win, and I bodied him with Pit of all characters. Either that was a bad matchup for Samus or he couldn't adjust to my non serious tactics, either way I kinda wanna pick up the angel now :rolleyes:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So yesterday I played this annoyingly good Samus player on For Glory, and won all 3 games I played with the guy. After the first game, he remarked "that's it?" and "yawn" and by game 2 (which ended in sudden death/timeout) he was legit salty and calling me profane names. I decided to enjoy this salty moment and make some witty replies when suddenly the CSS timer went out and I forgot to select a character. The game gave me Pit, and at first I wasn't taking the game seriously as I don't play Pit but didn't want to bother getting temporarily banned, but after a little way into it I decided to try to win, and I bodied him with Pit of all characters. Either that was a bad matchup for Samus or he couldn't adjust to my non serious tactics, either way I kinda wanna pick up the angel now :rolleyes:
Well, Samus is one of the worst characters in the game apparently, so...
If I had to choose a Pit to play as, personally I'd play as Dark Pit for dat electroshock.

Arc_Thunder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ichuchu
If you want to pick him up go for it, I've always found that Pit suits my playstyle the best and I always get the farthest in tournaments when using him.

Avokha

NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Well, Samus is one of the worst characters in the game apparently, so...
If I had to choose a Pit to play as, personally I'd play as Dark Pit for dat electroshock.
True, that Spamus was just giving my Robin a hard time as it was (accursed charge shots)
Ah well, seeing his salt was oh so satisfying :demon:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
*towards your opponent*

That is absolutely despicable. Also, Samus can deal with Pit, it's just a matter of not spamming projectiles all the time and abusing all the mindgames a Charge Shot forces.

D

Deleted member

So I just bought Splatoon, which is pretty cool.

And I came across this thing while I was at Gamestop.

Dear lord it is so casual I was laughing out loud in the store.

It claimed that Ganondorf was tied for the heaviest character in the game with Bowser.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

A couple people will have seen this in two places kind of but I don't caaaaaaaaaaaare.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arc_Thunder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ichuchu

It claimed that Ganondorf was tied for the heaviest character in the game with Bowser.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

A couple people will have seen this in two places kind of but I don't caaaaaaaaaaaare.
That feeling when you know more about the game then the official game guide

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

The best thing about this "strategy guide" is the cover art.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Playing Kid Icarus Uprising for the first time in two years.

I would not be opposed to Nintendo making a KIU show in the style of a Saturday morning cartoon.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
WARNING: MASSIVE WALL OF DRAMA AHEAD.

CAUTION IS HEAVILY ADVISED.

Well, I'm pissed off.

Today I had a good, detailed chat with my brother about an incident that occurred the other day (you may recall this as the incident that caused me to go off on a nihilistic rant). We talked about our respective issues, concerns we have for each-other, how we can resolve the tensions and ultimately move on from it.

Turns out he decided it'd be a good idea to drop me off at the shop and then go home without telling me. This may sound relatively innocuous in theory, and under any other circumstances, it would be. But to me, here and now, it just strikes me as the apotheosis of absolute fury. I am so utterly, deeply hurt and enraged that I've gotten past the stage of anger to find myself adrift on a sea of tranquil intensity.

I am beyond words. I really thought that this would be the point at which we realised, yeah, we've been ***** to each-other, it's time to bury the hatchet and move on. I thought there was some good in him. I really and truly felt that he could demonstrate his worth as a moral human being.

Instead, he's abused my trust too many times for me to even care. I am in shock. He calls me a worm, forces me to apologise when I'm in absolute despair, threatens to physically beat me and then strands me without so much as a word. Ten minutes I stood outside that shop, wondering where he was, until I called him up and was told he couldn't find me so he just went home.

I am so angry it hurts. I can't even bring myself to talk to him right now.

Incidentally, he told me today that I am, indeed, the last person to hear about what would otherwise be important family events.

Grandmother's an alcoholic?

Other side's grandparents think they've failed me as surrogate caretakers?

Mother's been smoking for five years since she told me she would quit?

Grandfather was ostensibly dying a few years ago?

Who the **** even cares about Niko? It will just hurt her to know these things. Keep her wrapped up. Shelter her from the madness and despair of the world.

I'm done with this. **** him. **** his absolute **** of a moral paradigm. Especially **** me.

**** me.

Me.

Thanks to anybody that dared to read this emotional vomit. I am sorry to have to dredge this up here, but I trust you guys, and most importantly, I know I can be myself in here. I love you guys. Thank you so much for your kindness and help.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

It always been like that for smash. I remember the Brawl one back in 08 and they said that MK's killing power was average and I was like LMAO along with other dumb stuff in their star rating system. In this day of age when it comes to fighting games guides like that tend to get outdated real fast. The only good one that I didn't regret buying much was the Future Press Soul Calibur V book cause it had everything from tournament mindsets, character breakdowns, common strategies, frames for every character and moves to look out for every character it was amazing and when it came out before the first patch dropped out it was really hard to find. It's still a ok resource now despite the patches SCV got.

TLDR it was good for casuals, competitive players and people looking into competitive play.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053

Well, I'm pissed off.

Today I had a good, detailed chat with my brother about an incident that occurred the other day (you may recall this as the incident that caused me to go off on a nihilistic rant). We talked about our respective issues, concerns we have for each-other, how we can resolve the tensions and ultimately move on from it.

Turns out he decided it'd be a good idea to drop me off at the shop and then go home without telling me. This may sound relatively innocuous in theory, and under any other circumstances, it would be. But to me, here and now, it just strikes me as the apotheosis of absolute fury. I am so utterly, deeply hurt and enraged that I've gotten past the stage of anger to find myself adrift on a sea of tranquil intensity.

I am beyond words. I really thought that this would be the point at which we realised, yeah, we've been ***** to each-other, it's time to bury the hatchet and move on. I thought there was some good in him. I really and truly felt that he could demonstrate his worth as a moral human being.

Instead, he's abused my trust too many times for me to even care. I am in shock. He calls me a worm, forces me to apologise when I'm in absolute despair, threatens to physically beat me and then strands me without so much as a word. Ten minutes I stood outside that shop, wondering where he was, until I called him up and was told he couldn't find me so he just went home.

Incidentally, he told me today that I am, indeed, the last person to hear about what would otherwise be important family events.

Who the **** even cares about Niko? It will just hurt her to know these things. Keep her wrapped up. Shelter her from the madness and despair of the world.

I'm done with this. **** him. **** his absolute **** of a moral paradigm. Especially **** me.

**** me.

Me.

Thanks to anybody that dared to read this emotional vomit. I am sorry to have to dredge this up here, but I trust you guys, and most importantly, I know I can be myself in here. I love you guys. Thank you so much for your kindness and help.
Don't say **** to yourself, Niko-chan.

In times like this, you have to stay on top of it all. Keep telling yourself "Stay Strong. They still love me." I believe, eventually, that you and your brother will make up soon, but you have to stay with hope. You have to forgive him for what he did, even if it was ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING. Try to do things that'll make you see things in a brand new light right now, to make you feel better.

We love you, too! And we will support you forever Nyquil. Promise~

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437

Well, I'm pissed off.

**** me.

Me.

Jazzy and Arctic practically stole the words outta my mouth but it's okay now right? :)

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

Well, I'm pissed off.

**** me.

Me.

I'm sorry that all I can offer is my deepest condolences and sympathies. Curse the lack of technological advances that would allow us instant teleportation! Cause otherwise you would be getting one hell of a hug from me right now!

Instead all I can do is try to comfort you with these words I'm writing. I hate saying "I'm sorry" because I KNOW how little that means in a situation like this. Trust me when I say that I know what it's like to deal with an absolute ass of a person. The number one thing to keep in mind though, is that it's ALL ON THEM! Their toxic and self-absorbed ways of life disgust me, because they CHOOSE to live like that! NONE of that is on you! You are a beautiful, kind, amazing, and strong human being!

So no. NOT **** YOU! **** THEM! **** THEM and their destructive, self-absorbed little worlds! They're not worth your time, because you are an awesome person, and you don't deserve having their baggage weigh you down.

Top Bottom