• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Nameless Nothingness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
pinkpallin
3DS FC
3995-6837-1215
WARNING: MASSIVE WALL OF DRAMA AHEAD.

CAUTION IS HEAVILY ADVISED.

Well, I'm pissed off.

Today I had a good, detailed chat with my brother about an incident that occurred the other day (you may recall this as the incident that caused me to go off on a nihilistic rant). We talked about our respective issues, concerns we have for each-other, how we can resolve the tensions and ultimately move on from it.

Turns out he decided it'd be a good idea to drop me off at the shop and then go home without telling me. This may sound relatively innocuous in theory, and under any other circumstances, it would be. But to me, here and now, it just strikes me as the apotheosis of absolute fury. I am so utterly, deeply hurt and enraged that I've gotten past the stage of anger to find myself adrift on a sea of tranquil intensity.

I am beyond words. I really thought that this would be the point at which we realised, yeah, we've been ***** to each-other, it's time to bury the hatchet and move on. I thought there was some good in him. I really and truly felt that he could demonstrate his worth as a moral human being.

Instead, he's abused my trust too many times for me to even care. I am in shock. He calls me a worm, forces me to apologise when I'm in absolute despair, threatens to physically beat me and then strands me without so much as a word. Ten minutes I stood outside that shop, wondering where he was, until I called him up and was told he couldn't find me so he just went home.

I am so angry it hurts. I can't even bring myself to talk to him right now.

Incidentally, he told me today that I am, indeed, the last person to hear about what would otherwise be important family events.

Grandmother's an alcoholic?

Other side's grandparents think they've failed me as surrogate caretakers?

Mother's been smoking for five years since she told me she would quit?

Grandfather was ostensibly dying a few years ago?

Who the **** even cares about Niko? It will just hurt her to know these things. Keep her wrapped up. Shelter her from the madness and despair of the world.

I'm done with this. **** him. **** his absolute **** of a moral paradigm. Especially **** me.

**** me.

Me.

Thanks to anybody that dared to read this emotional vomit. I am sorry to have to dredge this up here, but I trust you guys, and most importantly, I know I can be myself in here. I love you guys. Thank you so much for your kindness and help.
Well, I agree with the others. **** them, not you. It's not your fault at all.
Anyway, I really like your emotional vomit, because I like to help with emotional problems. But please, don't be emotional-sick never again, please. I'd be very emotional-sad. :(

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Last edited:

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328

Well, I'm pissed off.

Today I had a good, detailed chat with my brother about an incident that occurred the other day (you may recall this as the incident that caused me to go off on a nihilistic rant). We talked about our respective issues, concerns we have for each-other, how we can resolve the tensions and ultimately move on from it.

Turns out he decided it'd be a good idea to drop me off at the shop and then go home without telling me. This may sound relatively innocuous in theory, and under any other circumstances, it would be. But to me, here and now, it just strikes me as the apotheosis of absolute fury. I am so utterly, deeply hurt and enraged that I've gotten past the stage of anger to find myself adrift on a sea of tranquil intensity.

I am beyond words. I really thought that this would be the point at which we realised, yeah, we've been ***** to each-other, it's time to bury the hatchet and move on. I thought there was some good in him. I really and truly felt that he could demonstrate his worth as a moral human being.

Instead, he's abused my trust too many times for me to even care. I am in shock. He calls me a worm, forces me to apologise when I'm in absolute despair, threatens to physically beat me and then strands me without so much as a word. Ten minutes I stood outside that shop, wondering where he was, until I called him up and was told he couldn't find me so he just went home.

Incidentally, he told me today that I am, indeed, the last person to hear about what would otherwise be important family events.

Who the **** even cares about Niko? It will just hurt her to know these things. Keep her wrapped up. Shelter her from the madness and despair of the world.

I'm done with this. **** him. **** his absolute **** of a moral paradigm. Especially **** me.

**** me.

Me.

Thanks to anybody that dared to read this emotional vomit. I am sorry to have to dredge this up here, but I trust you guys, and most importantly, I know I can be myself in here. I love you guys. Thank you so much for your kindness and help.
Well it's good to get it off of your chest and tell someone your feelings, it's not good to keep that bottled up. You shouldn't be so hard on yourself though. The one person you should always accept and forgive in your life is yourself. You know that the R.S.T. is always here for you.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I wish that for [the next] Smash game, Lucina's Falchion is a lot longer, and she has Roy's F-Smash, dash attack, and D-air. As well as a new n-air (the vertical spin attack).

Those changes alone would instantly make her go from one the worst characters - one of the best.
Her idle could be changed to Marth's Counter pose too because why not.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I think people who say the Fire Emblem characters are among the worst in the game vastly underestimate just how beneficial the patches have been.

D

Deleted member

I wish that for [the next] Smash game, Lucina's Falchion is a lot longer, and she has Roy's F-Smash, dash attack, and D-air. As well as a new n-air (the vertical spin attack).

Those changes alone would instantly make her go from one the worst characters - one of the best.
Her idle could be changed to Marth's Counter pose too because why not.
Tbh there wouldn't be any sort of difference aside from cosmetics given by the animation change since she doesn't have tipper/hilt shenanigans like Roy or Marth.

And a Falchion range increase would mean giving Marth his Melee range back too, probably. :p

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Tbh there wouldn't be any sort of difference aside from cosmetics given by the animation change since she doesn't have tipper/hilt shenanigans like Roy or Marth.
That's the point.
The range added would instantly make her incredibly good.
The animation changes are cosmetic because imo it would really weird to have Lucina swing her sword as fast as Marth while it's as big as Ike's.
Even Ike is slower than that. :p

I think people who say the Fire Emblem characters are among the worst in the game vastly underestimate just how beneficial the patches have been.
What benefits? The only really noteworthy change I've noticed is the jab trajectory (which I do appreciate, but it's still not enough).

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
The range nerf to Marth is one of those changes in Sm4sh that just makes me go "What were they thinking?".

D

Deleted member

That's the point.
The range added would instantly make her incredibly good.
The animation changes are cosmetic because imo it would really weird to have Lucina swing her sword as fast as Marth while it's as big as Ike's.
Even Ike is slower than that. :p

What benefits? The only really noteworthy change I've noticed is the jab trajectory (which I do appreciate, but it's still not enough).
Falchion doesn't weigh nearly as much as Ragnell does regardless of the blade size though.

And Roy still swings his sword pretty fast relative to Ike.

:p

As for the Marcina changes:

Frame reductions on a whole lot of things, namely the aerials which is big because Marth and Lucina like their aerials but don't like the landing lag.

And Ike's been getting frame reductions and damage buffs all over the place in every patch, the man has yet to get anything but buffs since release day I think.

And Robin has frame reductions on the Thunder spells, which is big because she now has more easily guaranteed follow-ups out of Arcthunder, among other changes like the new D-Throw.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Last time I checked I only saw the slight damage buffs. Didn't know about the rest.
This is the part of the post where I would have said thanks...if I enjoyed being talked down to.
Wasn't talking down to you.

I was telling you, hey, here's some data, now go study it and have fun.

If you feel incensed by it, that's your inference.

I just tried to help, okay?

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771

Well, I'm pissed off.

**** me.

Me.

Understandably, you should be mad. You have no idea how pissed I feel just reading what your brother did. He seems like a total ****head, ***wipe, etc. No brother should treat siblings, a sister especially, like that. If he's the older sibling, I swear I'd want to beat the ever living crap out of him. How the hell could someone who lives in those conditions turn out like that? All this bad **** happening and he decides to go even lower? What the actual ****?
My god...
What did they do to Anna? O.o

At least Lucina made it out alive.

Anna seems fine to me, just had added garterbelts(?) and...what is that thing that is showing off her..."merchandise"? I know it's a type of fabric, but I had forgotten its name..

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Man, today is just not my day, it seems.
But anyway.

• Forward Air landing lag reduced 18 → 16
But can I approach with it?
If you space it on shield maybe, 16 frames still isn't free, and tether grabbers like my boy :4link: don't care about shield spacing anyways.

Also I was reminded of this since we're talking Marth stuff.

@Matsushi @ Moydow Moydow

Can Marth still Footstool -> Tipper Dair on some of the cast?

I know he could do that on a decent portion of the cast back in Brawl, which was hilarious and humiliating to do to people.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Wasn't talking down to you.
I was telling you, hey, here's some data, now go study it and have fun.
If you feel incensed by it, that's your inference.
I just tried to help, okay?
Considering the context that is...not at all the vibe I'm getting.
If you space it on shield maybe, 16 frames still isn't free, and tether grabbers like my boy :4link: don't care about shield spacing anyways.
...but can I approach with it?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It is!

And, from my perspective of the seasons down here....

Summer - Hell
Fall - Perfection
Winter- Needs More Snow/10
Spring - Pre-Hell

lmao.
We broadly have 3 seasons

How I feel about those...
Summer - Hell on Earth. 40+°C heat.
Rainy - Mud, mud everywhere. And mosquitoes.
Winter - Perfection.

:231:

D

Deleted member

Considering the context that is...not at all the vibe I'm getting.

...but can I approach with it?
Only if you space it on shield and if your opponent has bad grab range or slow punish options out of shield.

Otherwise you will just take an easy punish for it.

What I've seen more often - and what I've dubbed the Marcina Approach 101 as such - is rising FH Fair -> Shield Breaker as Marcina falls since Shield Breaker can't be challenged by Shields and it's difficult for the opponent to get behind Marcina or interrupt Shield Breaker from the front without stepping inside of Shield Breaker's range unless they have a projectile or good disjoint.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Speaking of [the actual game]
When I play online I have a tendency to mess up the inputs for Dancing Blade (a combination of me being bad and the lag) and two hits and a Shield Breaker instead.
It's funny because despite it always being an accident, it always, ALWAYS works.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
@ Wintropy Wintropy : Given what I've heard, I don't think you should feel like you have to forgive your brother. There comes a time when enough is enough. Good people can only be hurt so many times.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Well, I'm pissed off.

**** me.

Me.

Don't feel sorry.

Sometimes you have nowhere else to vent.

And your brother is, for lack of a better word, a ****.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Southeast Texas is always this:

Fall: Still Warm but can have some nice weather. Perfect for working out and walks

Winter: Pure Bliss and perfect Hoodie weather. Love it but we can get easy Winter Blast and our whole day can get screwy

Spring: Hot but a lot of rain and we can get cool weather in March and April

Summer:
HELL ON EARTH 2015

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
@ Moydow Moydow , I was gonna post this in the tourney thread but I didn't want to double post, haha. Anyways, sorry for being late with them but I just sent you my replays. I should have sent you all of them (my matches with Nah, Zareidriel, Ignis, and Matsushi) with the exception of the very last round with @Matsushi because apparently I already reached my limit for posting and sending replays for today (wat?) so I will send you it tomorrow unless she can send it to you today.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Well, I'm pissed off.

**** me.

Me.

It may not be my place to say this, but your brother's been terrible. I do not know his intentions, but I find his overall judgement wrong in every way.

Don't feel sorry about yourself. You did nothing wrong. Don't punish yourself for it. Being abused by a family member feels horrible, I can relate, but you've got a good head on your shoulders. Let your emotions flow. That will lighten mental burden. As time passes stop dwelling on it and let it creep into the past. That will let the scars heal.

D

Deleted member

Ohio weather be like:

Spring: Rainy and sometimes abnormally cold.

Summer: Hot and HUMID WHY

Fall: Kinda rainy and sometimes abnormally cold.

Winter: Snow and Subzero temperatures.

Ohio's just like lol have my temperate climate kthxbai.

The struggle is real around here.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
@Matsushi @ Moydow Moydow

Can Marth still Footstool -> Tipper Dair on some of the cast?

I know he could do that on a decent portion of the cast back in Brawl, which was hilarious and humiliating to do to people.
No, or at least I can't get it to work any more
Plus for a lot of characters, he jumps off a little behind them, so it'd hit too late to spike anyway

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
@ Wintropy Wintropy

If there's one thing that I hate most, it's dishonorable family. When your own flesh and blood fails you, it, for the lack of a better word, sucks,

Please accept my sympathy over this. Don't feel bad about letting all that out, most of us are more than willing to listen. You've done the same for many of us.

D

Deleted member

[collapse=HNNNNNNNNNNNNG]
49734672_p0.jpg

[/collapse]

SOMEONE FINALLY MADE COMPLIMENTING FANART OF ALL OF THEM TOGETHER.

*explodes*

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
@ Wintropy Wintropy , just finished reading. Just know that on days when you don't love yourself, even if those days are many and seemingly unending, there will be those that will do that for you. Like us. And Timid. Just to name a few.

Top Bottom