• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Now I'm reminded of all the homework i'd have to do again when school starts again Thursday.

NYQUIL HOW COULD YEW~

:3
That's nothing, just last night I pulled an all-nighter to finish something I stupidly overlooked because I had to go back to school early AKA today.

I'm not tired for some reason though.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Oh, so many new slaves wonderful people joining us:awesome:

Welcome, @ Avokha Avokha and @Skeleton o' Fun :cheep:

I believe some users already posted the obrigatory welcome pic, but here it goes again, just so no one forgets.

tumblr_inline_mjkctyvgSy1qz4rgp.png

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Sorry, I don't know anything about the anime, I just love the gif. Is it any good?
It's yaoi. I don't think it'd be your cup of tea?

Also, the romance in it just isn't good, either

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
//late

@ Wintropy Wintropy

I finally have time to input my say on the matter; you really shouldn't feel obligated to forgive your brother because he's a family member. As a family member, he should be loving and caring towards his sibling, if he's not, what kind of brother is he? If you feel as though the relationship between you and him has become too toxic to the point where it mentally ruins you, don't forgive him. And you, being such a lovely, delightful soul, you don't deserve such a destructive person in your life.
@ Matsushi Matsushi @ Moydow Moydow

Can Marth still Footstool -> Tipper Dair on some of the cast?

I know he could do that on a decent portion of the cast back in Brawl, which was hilarious and humiliating to do to people.
I don't think so. Marth's d-air is incredibly hard to land on anyone, even from a footstool. The spiking hitbox is just so awkward~ :4marth::drflip:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I feel that he has hit a new low today. I hate the fact that I feel this way towards him, but I do. I'm just so disappointed. I really thought he was better than this, y'know?

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Kids are funny. Even SquidKid kids. Or would that be Kid Squidkids?

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
That kid's gonna need that hug when she realizes that all of the Lucario amiibos are gone...again.
At least there's still a bunch of SH Figuarts Lucario's behind them!
Amiibos in Japan are healthy in stock, actually.

It's just us that have a terrible supply.
Why does that not surprise me?

Oh yeah because "Japan: Screwing Over American Gamers since (at least) 1985!"

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
"Japan: Screwing Over American Gamers since (at least) 1985!"
meh. You want to know what it's really like to get screwed over by Nintendo? Try living in Europe any time before the release of the Wii. Back then delays of several months between a game's US and EU release was the norm, and in a lot of cases games were simply never released in Europe at all (such as Super Mario RPG, or Earthbound).

It's picked up in recent years, but there are still some dumb delays sometimes (e.g. FE Awakening being released here two months later than in the US).

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I am curious as to whether it'd be beneficial for me to revise my character roster.

Again.

I am interested in competitive play, and come September, my local scene will recommence with weekly tournaments and regular meetups for Smash. I aim to enter now and I want to do well, even make it to nationals some day. The issue here is that I'm kind of unsure as to whether I should stick with the rather expansive roster of characters I have now or ween myself off to a couple, at most, core fighters.

I know it's good to focus on your main and maybe a secondary or two, which is what I tend to do: Pit is by far and away my most-played and best character. Yet I have a small handful of subs under my bet - ostensibly for matchup purposes, yet I feel it's more so that I just like these characters and use them in theory rather than in practice.

I am going to play a good few characters for fun and, most importantly, to keep the game dynamic for me, but I wonder if it'd be best to just focus on my two best characters for competition and then retain the others for "fun" matches.

What say ye fine folk? What do?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Mimicuties are not nearly as bad as I remember them being.

Dash Melee Attack whenever they attack, rinse and repeat until dead.

Then again, I'm not playing at 9.0 difficulty yet, because **** that noise, Sakurai, I am not enduring your apparent ideas of hell.

Matsushi

True Blood
I am curious as to whether it'd be beneficial for me to revise my character roster.

Again.

I am interested in competitive play, and come September, my local scene will recommence with weekly tournaments and regular meetups for Smash. I aim to enter now and I want to do well, even make it to nationals some day. The issue here is that I'm kind of unsure as to whether I should stick with the rather expansive roster of characters I have now or ween myself off to a couple, at most, core fighters.

I know it's good to focus on your main and maybe a secondary or two, which is what I tend to do: Pit is by far and away my most-played and best character. Yet I have a small handful of subs under my bet - ostensibly for matchup purposes, yet I feel it's more so that I just like these characters and use them in theory rather than in practice.

I am going to play a good few characters for fun and, most importantly, to keep the game dynamic for me, but I wonder if it'd be best to just focus on my two best characters for competition and then retain the others for "fun" matches.

Well, I'm happy to hear that your local scene will be recommencing!

I personally think it's best to conjure up all your knowledge, skill and time on one or two characters, rather than five or six, otherwise it'd be quite difficult. That said, it really depends on preference and the amount of commitment you're willing to have.

I myself am somewhat having a similar scenario; Marth is my main along with Robin, however there are characters that I simply use and wouldn't really consider them as characters I would dedicate actual time to learn, such as Zelda, WFT, Roy and so on. Though when I play them for a significant amount of time, I end up practically forgetting how to effectively use Marth and Robin. I simply lack consistency, and am quite lazy, therefore I avoid learning an extensive amount of characters.

Especially in a more competitive environment, I'd personally say it's good to mainly focus on your "two best characters", and only bring out your other characters if they happen to excel in a particular matchup. In a less competitive environment, having loads of characters under your wing is good!

But yeah, it's really up to you. Do you think you're capable of having an expansive character roster? I recall saying this before, but I found someone on For Glory who was consistent, monstrous and extremely skilled with so many characters, therefore it is possible! It's just a matter of preference and dedication, I suppose~ :happysheep:
OMG.
I WANT A LUCARIO HUG. right now... T-T

He even ruffles her hair~

D

Deleted member

Again.

I don't know too much about the MU coverage of Pit/Palutena but I sort of get the feeling they don't cover each other incredibly well.

Look at what characters "fit" with you other from them that you think you could reasonably apply at a competitive level (read: that have complimentary MU coverage, ideally), and then begin practicing seriously with those characters, which really shouldn't be any more than 2 more than Pit and Palutena which you run now, unless you feel you can play more than 4 characters at a high enough level to compete decently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom