• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
And seeing @ Elezir Elezir 's avatar reminded me that should pick up the second volume to A Bride's Story/Otoyomegatari. Kinda funny how I came across it. I was looking around for romance manga with an older female lead to spice things up. And the manga popped up in suggestions. It's from the same mangaka who made Emma, and the art is just amazing as with the story so far. The age difference gap surprised me though, but y'know different cultures and stuff. I don't really mind anyway, but damn, Otoyomegatari should get an anime adaptation (animating those patterns might be hard though lol).
:awesome: Someone who knows where my avatar is from without having to trace it.
It surprised me quite a bit, too, though it's accepted because not only of cultural differences, but because of the time the story is set on, and, honestly, the manga handles it very well.
It's also very complete on the anthropological sense of the thing, and I love it.
Well, I think it's not impossible to make an anime out of it, even with all it's beautiful and complex patterns. Rokka has quite the share of colorful patterns, as well, since it's story is set in Aztec kind of world, and the the people on charge of it were able to animate it quite nicely.
Granted, A Bride's Story seems to have way more to work on.

Also, I simply love your avatar.
Katanagari's visual is different and beautiful.:cheep:

Last edited:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
ok then, is it "me-loaf" or "my-loaf"? And does it have anything to do with loaves of bread? :p I'll show myself out
It's "my-loaf"
It's originates from Milo (This is also "My-low" most think it's "me-low" for some reason) my ACTUAL online username/Alias. (feel free to refer to me as such)
One day in a skype call my friend was just randomly decided to add on to my name
Which include but are not limited to:
Miloaf (it was my favorite)
Milol
Milobster
Miloli
Miloser
Milord

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
It's "my-loaf"
It's originates from Milo (This is also "My-low" most think it's "me-low" for some reason) my ACTUAL online username/Alias. (feel free to refer to me as such)
One day in a skype call my friend was just randomly decided to add on to my name
Which include but are not limited to:
Miloaf (it was my favorite)
Milol
Milobster
Miloli
Miloser
Milord
Can we still call you "Mijo"? Or "Michico"? Milo reminds me of Atlantis.

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
Good god I didn't even realise how big this picture was until I opened it up

Lol iPhone screencaps

Also on the topic of name pronunciations, how many of you can pronounce my name? :^) it's not as hard as it sounds.

Bonus points to whoever can find out the origin. :^))

........:secretkpop:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Fun fact on the subject:

My real name, Niko, isn't short for anything.

It's just Niko.

Niko is an androgynous name, yo~ ;3

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

nope

Honestly, sometimes I consider changing it because no-one can read it properly, but I've been using it for years now, so *shrug*

He did at least get buffed in return though, unlike a certain bounty hunter... :p

(apologies if that's a sore spot, I know the Samus boards aren't taking it well, at least)
I pronouce it as mwnwiudiuwfsncvsnfsksfjjw
sue me

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Since we were on the subject of FE crossovers some pages ago, look what I found.

cookies if anyone want to translate that.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
@Raziek, @Arc_Thunder, @r_greening1, @Space Stranger, @SpiralGalaxies, @Ultimastrike, @ The Merc The Merc , @BindingShield, @ Benishigure Benishigure , @RadiantTactician, @The Soulless One, @KenboCalrissian, @ Elezir Elezir , @ ☆Jazz☆ ☆Jazz☆ , @Koiba, @LIQUID12A @Coolpool2, @Koiba, @ Champ Gold Champ Gold , @smokebomb12, @anybodyelsewhowantstowatchaliensgetshotintheface

The next stream will be tomorrow at 7:30 PM Eastern. Music will start at about 7:00 and game will start at about 7:30.

But before that...
I make posts flagging everyone that I'm streaming and I get people liking it, but obviously you guys don't like it enough to actually watch. I get 1, 2 maybe 3 people watching the stream when there's 20 of you in that list. So I'm thinking I'm not going to continue this because it seems that no one cares aside from being flagged in posts. Is that all it is? You guys just like it when @ you? I know people can't make it every night, but 2 seems to be the norm.

And you know what? Who cares if you have trouble actually watching the stream? Come in anyways and ask for someone to give you a play by play commentary. Or just come for the conversation or both.

It's really hard to want to do this when it seems no one gives a crap. And right now I'm convinced, aside from like 3 of you, no one gives a crap. So tell me now:

Do you truly care about this? Are my times/days really that poor? Why am I doing this?

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Since we were on the subject of FE crossovers some pages ago, look what I found.

cookies if anyone want to translate that.
Oh my Gods this is so amazing! I really want them to make a game based on this Link!

^There's his Fire Emblem crew right there!
Someone uploaded full-quality scans of the cards from the 25th anniversary "Hundred Songs of Heroes" collection: http://imgur.com/a/9bEWm
Containing art of characters from all 13 games.
So many potential avatars, so little time........

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Oh my Gods this is so amazing! I really want them to make a game based on this Link!

^There's his Fire Emblem crew right there!

So many potential avatars, so little time........
Now I'd like me some Hyrule Emblem now.

Matsushi

True Blood
Someone uploaded full-quality scans of the cards from the 25th anniversary "Hundred Songs of Heroes" collection: http://imgur.com/a/9bEWm
Containing art of characters from all 13 games.
These are sooooooo beautiful. What a fantastic art style!
The Marth one just screams avatar.:roll:
You need a different avatar for each one.
That's trueeeeee, though Flannel's face just looks too appropriate, as if he's actually leaning in to lick the Marth and Marx fanart.

That was quite strange to type.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
:awesome: Someone who knows where my avatar is from without having to trace it.
It surprised me quite a bit, too, though it's accepted because not only of cultural differences, but becauseof the time the story is set on, and, honestly, the manda handles it very well.
It's also very complete on the anthropological sense of the thing, and I love it.
Well, I think it's not impossible to make an anime out of it, even with all it's beautiful and complex patterns. Rokka has quite the share of colorful patterns, as well, since it's story is set in Aztec kind of world, and the the people on charge of it were able to animate it quite nicely.
Granted, A Bride's Story seems to have way more to work on.

Also, I simply love your avatar.
Katanagari's visual is different and beautiful.:cheep:
Oh yeah, I totally love the atmosphere and how it's pretty anthropological. I love historical ones as well. I'm also a huge culture nerd, so that helps too. =P

And thanks. Although my avatar is kinda a filler for now (on the hunt for specific artwork), I just randomly got in the Katanagatari mood despite me seeing the anime some time ago. Maybe I should re-watch it. I find there's a lot of memorable scenes, and the last episode is just epic.

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
Is it actually Japanese? so like べにしぐれ be-ni-shi-gu-re
Yeah it is. My custom member title is how it's written in kanji too.

But before that...
I make posts flagging everyone that I'm streaming and I get people liking it, but obviously you guys don't like it enough to actually watch. I get 1, 2 maybe 3 people watching the stream when there's 20 of you in that list. So I'm thinking I'm not going to continue this because it seems that no one cares aside from being flagged in posts. Is that all it is? You guys just like it when @ you? I know people can't make it every night, but 2 seems to be the norm.

And you know what? Who cares if you have trouble actually watching the stream? Come in anyways and ask for someone to give you a play by play commentary. Or just come for the conversation or both.

It's really hard to want to do this when it seems no one gives a crap. And right now I'm convinced, aside from like 3 of you, no one gives a crap. So tell me now:

Do you truly care about this? Are my times/days really that poor? Why am I doing this?
I can't attend most of them due to time zone differences. Whenever it's 7-8PM EST it's like 10AM the day after for me. I'm at school at that time and Twitch is blocked on my school network.

I was able to attend your Friday stream last time because it was Saturday morning for me, so...

It's a matter of actually not being able to watch, because I really do look forward to them. So when I can't watch I cry for like 100 years.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Fun fact on the subject:

It's just Niko.

Did you get it changed to that?
:4falco:"Hands off my bread" intensifies!:4falco:

Meanwhile......

@ Zantetsugun Zantetsugun launched a preemptive strike on @ Matsushi Matsushi 's desires!

3 FOR 3 YO!!!!
Thanks for the quote in my sig now :') you can't see the picture anymore unless you slick is which is disappointing, but ah well
Can we still call you "Mijo"? Or "Michico"? Milo reminds me of Atlantis.
please do :') Milo is incredible though.
But everytime i think of Milo all I get is a cat...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Decided to change my signature to Persona, because Persona 4 is awesome and I'm on that high again. Persona is perfection and a better waifu game than Fire Emblem

Matsushi

True Blood
These cards make me recollect how beautiful, detailed and thorough the designs of each respective Fire Emblem character are. :happysheep:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
YOU'RE AMAZING, THANK YOU!!!! Ayyy, the trio look so beautiful in my signature~ :kirby:

You are most welcome once again! Tis always a pleasure!
Now I'd like me some Hyrule Emblem now.
I was thinking of a name more along the lines of

(Why can't I upload this anywhere as a .png?!!!!!!!!)

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So I finished Part 1 of Jojo today. I never realized how old it was until I realized that it's nothing like any of the anime I grew up watching. I'm looking forward to getting into the rest of the manga. :estatic:

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
So I finished Part 1 of Jojo today. I never realized how old it was until I realized that it's nothing like any of the anime I grew up watching. I'm looking forward to getting into the rest of the manga. :estatic:
It's very...80s for a lack of a better term. I haven't read the manga, and the parts after Part 3 seemed boring to me, so I didn't bother reading them.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I used to think that my username was easy to pronounce but then everyone botches it
mfw
anguish.png

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Behold, the world of ridiculous, lazily named word documents and reaction images

my documents
Matsushi, LMAO at Flannel and Marx. MY NEW OTP THANKS GORL <3.
Fun fact on the subject:

It's just Niko.

Niko, I present to you your new nickname!
:<33333

:3

Last edited:
Top Bottom