• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
@Chapter Serf
A bit late, I think. I also resized them if you want to use as emoticon

She kills sushi all the time.

Not someone you want to be in the way of.
...and you say your puns aren't the worst in the thread? God, Liquid, you got yourself a new low there.

The first part of Matsushi's nick sounds like 'Mate', which, in Portuguese and Spanish too, it seems, mean 'Kill'.
So, she kills sushi.

:facepalm:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
...and you say your puns aren't the worst in the thread? God, Liquid, you got yourself a new low there.

The first part of Matsushi's nick sounds like 'Mate', which, in Portuguese and Spanish too, it seems, mean 'Kill'.
So, she kills sushi.

Never said mine weren't the worst, sweetheart. That time I was simply making a joke about the pun being on my level.

And yes, Matsushi's completely aware of the joke. Has been for months, actually.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
So, she kills sushi.

Hmm, I always read it as Japanese - マツシ ma-tsu-shi - so I never noticed the -sushi part as being separate. I figured it was based on some anime character or something.

bonus points to anyone who can read my username as I read it. Nobody at any tournaments I've been to so far has gotten it right. :p

Matsushi

True Blood
She kills sushi all the time.

Not someone you want to be in the way of.
Well, I am an obsessive sushi eater and enthusiast, so technically I kill sushi too~

If you're sushi, I'd suggest you stand back. :3
Especially if you're standing between her and Marth, Marx, or Roy.
I'm laughing so hard. :halfsheep:
But you're correct! I'm willing to go a great deal for my precious trashcans.
I'd put it in if I could, but only so many characters permitted. D:
No worries at all! c:

So, she kills sushi.

Never said mine weren't the worst, sweetheart. That time I was simply making a joke about the pun being on my level.

And yes, Matsushi's completely aware of the joke. Has been for months, actually.
Indeed, when I first changed from "Matsuokai" to "Matsushi", Liquid notified me that my name technically means "kill sushi", which I found both amusing and utter genius.
Especially Marth.

She worships him, you know.
I WILL WORSHIP MARTH FOREVER~
PRECIOUS HERO KING DESERVES ALL THE LOVE~
:4marth::drflip:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hmm, I always read it as Japanese - マツシ ma-tsu-shi - so I never noticed the -sushi part as being separate. I figured it was based on some anime character or something.

bonus points to anyone who can read my username as I read it. Nobody at any tournaments I've been to so far has gotten it right. :p
Moe-ee-dow?

Elezir

Fair point, then. I guess.
Still explained because other people on thread might not know ;p

Well, it should be the correct way to read it in Japanese.
Since most people here don't know Japanese or know little of it, we still read it as if we're were reading something from out own language, which can make it sound a bit...silly.

Huh...dau? I know Japanese can't form some kinds of sounds :s

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood

"Matsuokai" was more in relation to an anime character in which I was absolutely obsessed with two years ago. Since then, a lot of people from this site and even close friends played on the name, hence "Matsushi" was born. It certainly does feel more personal and a part of me. That said, I was completely unaware that it does translate to "kill sushi." :3

As for your name, I always pronounced it as "Moy-daw."
That gif successfully made me wheeze.

no he doesn't :sheep:
yes he does.

precious hero king needs all the love and affection because he did nothing wrong

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Dubh, as in black?

**** man i'm just spitballin' here
As for your name, I always pronounced it as "Moy-daw."
I always pronounce as "Moy-dough".

nope

Honestly, sometimes I consider changing it because no-one can read it properly, but I've been using it for years now, so *shrug*

except allow himself to suffer the nerfhammer in this game :sheep:

and that's terrible
He did at least get buffed in return though, unlike a certain bounty hunter... :p

(apologies if that's a sore spot, I know the Samus boards aren't taking it well, at least)

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
He did at least get buffed in return though, unlike a certain bounty hunter... :p

(apologies if that's a sore spot, I know the Samus boards aren't taking it well, at least)
I can wreck buffed characters like your precious Robin and Marth/Lucina and make a few of their players salty and hate the MU with an unbuffed Samus.

No sore spots for me, at least.

Last edited:

Elezir

I always pronounced @ Moydow Moydow 's nick as 'Moi-Dou'.:roll:

It always sounded a bit funny to me to tell the truth.

Matsushi

True Blood

nope

Honestly, sometimes I consider changing it because no-one can read it properly, but I've been using it for years now, so *shrug*

Despite having quite the difficult pronunciation, I still like the name. I prefer the more simple names rather than a mishmash of random numbers, underscores and capital letters.
your hero king with cataracts does not scare me sister
He should scare you

not working? okay

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
your precious second image looks like a) hiding a blush or b) your precious hero klown king with the common cold and coughing

:sheep:
hero klown i'm wheezing
c) he failed to intimidate and therefore is blushing from ignominy and shame :sadsheep:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

Despite having quite the difficult pronunciation, I still like the name. I prefer the more simple names rather than a mishmash of random numbers, underscores and capital letters.

I guess you're right :p It stands out more, I suppose (even moreso with the nice red banner :p)

He should scare you

not working? okay
where do you get these images? I'm just imagining you with a folder on your computer with like 500 Marth reaction images in it (and I wouldn't be surprised if that were true) :p

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Kudos to anybody who can correctly pronounce my name.

It's pronounced "Wintropy".

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
hero klown i'm wheezing
c) he failed to intimidate and therefore is blushing from ignominy and shame :sadsheep:
intimidate does not affect defiant, in fact the latter benefits from intimidate

get on my level

Kudos to anybody who can correctly pronounce my name.

It's pronounced "Wintropy".
Windows Trophy forever correct pronunciation. :estatic:

Matsushi

True Blood
I guess you're right :p It stands out more, I suppose (even moreso with the nice red banner :p)
Indeed, it does look quite nifty with that red banner.
red banner :p
I see it :4shulk:
where do you get these images? I'm just imagining you with a folder on your computer with like 500 Marth reaction images in it (and I wouldn't be surprised if that were true) :p
well
Most of them are Marth because he pulls the most ridiculous faces. Though, I do make reaction images of other characters too! :3

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
How do you pronounce this bit, though? That's the bit everyone gets wrong. :p
I have no idea, but sometimes I misread your name as "Moydew" and then I think of dew. And then I imagine a nice scene of morning dew on grass.

And seeing @ Elezir Elezir 's avatar reminded me that should pick up the second volume to A Bride's Story/Otoyomegatari. Kinda funny how I came across it. I was looking around for romance manga with an older female lead to spice things up. And the manga popped up in suggestions. It's from the same mangaka who made Emma, and the art is just amazing as with the story so far. The age difference gap surprised me though, but y'know different cultures and stuff. I don't really mind anyway, but damn, Otoyomegatari should get an anime adaptation (animating those patterns might be hard though lol).

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Moydow was never "moe-dao"? ... My dreams of a moe dao is now forever dead...

It's a play on words if nobody gets what I'm saying.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
I don't think the topic of discussion has ever been how to say usernames, besides that one time with Raz.
With that said, please do continue

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
Okay, serious challenge.

Kudos to anybody that can tell me the origin of my name.
Though I am practically clueless as to the origin of your name could possibly be, I've always associated it with "winter" (Wint)ropy. The blue premium name and the cold colours presented in your avatar such as grey and white, in addition to the vibrant and perceptible blue eye gives off a somewhat "chilly" vibe... if that makes sense. Or maybe I'm looking too deep into it and it simply means "win a trophy"~
intimidate does not affect defiant, in fact the latter benefits from intimidate

get on my level
i hath been defeated

Top Bottom