• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651
:4lucario: is pretty average from what I can remember. Decent Attack and Sp. Attack, okay Speed, and frail defences.

:4greninja: has amazing speed and a very diverse movepool. His attack stats aren't super great, but Protean gives every move STAB. Ever since he got Gunk Shot via oras tutors, he only has one switch-in: Porygon2

..or something like that.

But he is a glass cannon, anything scarfed or just faster than it can ohko, So I don't get the ban.
Because he have limited counters and a switch or a check can't get the work done, for a switch to work you need to sacrifice a poke or enter him in a way the pokemon that is being switched doesn't get any damage. :4greninja: has an good Sp. Attack, that plus Protean STAB and the fact that he can change between types makes him pretty unique and powerful, also he's reaaally fast, like hella fast so you could say you'r only solution against him is using priority moves. You could use a Priority Brave Bird with Talonflame but if he is turned to Ice it won't kill him, maybe two yeah but by that time :4greninja: is going out using U-turn so is quite ifficult to get that frog. I can see some of the reasons of why he's banned but I think he's not OP, he's still frail as hell and any move will do significant damage to him.

:4lucario: was awesome in D/P, he was a one of the best sweepers thanks to Sword Dance and a diverse movepool, he has acces to Close Combat (and that with a Sword Dance is just a killing machine), he could kill ghost with Crunch or the omnipresents Dragons with Ice Punch, also he had Extremspeed or if you want more coverage you had Bullet Punch, sadly with B/W and X/Y he got outspeed by a lot of pokemon leaving him under used because he couldn't make the job. But his Mega Evolution is just bananas: Fast, powerful and he gains ADAPTABILITY for TWICE STAB DAMAGE, so let's add all this factors;

- Really fast, he can outspeed a lot of pokemons and past counters, the only pokemons that can outspeed him are glass cannons and normally they are killed by Extremespeed
- Imagine a Sword Dance Close Combat boosted by Adaptability, Sword Dance boost his attack stat 2x and his ability makes Close Combat a 240 base power attack. Mix that with an Adamant Lucario for full power and you got a freaking bulldozer that can take almost everything down.

If Lucario manages to get a Sword Dance without being hurt you can just say good bye to your team and GG.
If we're sharing desktop images, here's mine:

I think that this is from Devil Survivor 2 Code Breaker? I'm starting that game.

About the Wallpapers thing, I have like 30 wallpapers that rotate of different things but I think that this would be my favorite:

EDIT: @ Chapter Serf Chapter Serf I just saw your wallpaper of FeMU and I wanted to ask if you could give me the image please, it looks gorgeous .

Last edited:

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
ATTENTION ALL ROBINS EVER!, USE THORON FOR PEAT SAKES!
Why does everyone go to Arc thunder and then they stop like thats all there is. I see it ALL the time.

Y U DO it? That is all.

anyone want to play smash?
Combo potential early on. Thoron is more of a kill move or keep away to me. Doesn't mean I won't use it.

QuantumKiller

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShreckIsDreck
3DS FC
1435-5574-6890
Luigi's one hell of a matchup let me tell you guys. He's just floaty enough that I can't even combo (or strings lol) him for more than 2 moves. And then he's got like 1 million up tilt combos which are ridiculously easy, I guess I'm just salty :/. As for Thoron, I think thoron is only good for killing someone offstage or trying to force someone to shield/jump/airdodge. I get a lot of people to airdodge onto the ground and just smash attack them if they space incorrectly. Arcthunder into up-air/up smash is one of my favorite kill setups because it kills at relatively low percents if you're on a platform. Oh also I figured out Miiverse is BARELY smaller than battlefield blastzone-wise when I was testing out up-smash/up-air kill percents for the new Dthrow->ArcT->Dthrow->up-air and Dthrow->ArcT->up-smash. Any of you know where the thread with the stage blastzones is? I remember someone made it but can't find it even after like an hour of searching :/.

Oh boy desktops, last night I reinstalled windows 8.1 because 10 made me puke. I hate being forced to have things run in the background without my permission that's definitely not ok. Also the whole OS feels like a marketing campaign. Shame since I was excited for it and installed it the minute it came out. There are barely any pros to outweigh it's cons. I have my time set to Taipei to know when to talk to my friend if anyone was wondering.

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
I just went to a online tournament with :4robinm: and made it to grand finals. I was so proud cause I only get this far with :4link::4feroy: and sometimes:4shulk:. Then my house went black out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

OMG...PALUTENA X LUCINA, or PALUCINA, IS CANON!

I hope they make Tiki 2.0 :halfsheep:
OBJECTION!
No it isn't! It contradicts this major piece of evidence!
:4luigi:X:4lucina:= Canon

It's on another saved file, on another console :secretkpop:
No!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Wait a minute, even though that is a possibility, Lucina still can't S-Support Palutena! The most she can get is an A-Support!
As seen in the other video, the most Lucina can get is an A-Support! But, why did she try to S-Support Palutena...? I dunno.

Last edited by a moderator:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
No!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Wait a minute, even though that is a possibility, Lucina still can't S-Support Palutena! The most she can get is an A-Support!
As seen in the other video, the most Lucina can get is an A-Support! But, why did she try to S-Support Palutena...? I dunno.
This is how

upload_2015-8-4_8-47-31.png

I'm actually curious, how does :GCCN: turn into a jab in lag?
I'm pretty sure if you do the :GCCN: REALLY lightly it's do a jab and lag screws up all your inputs and stuff like that :facepalm:

Nah

Smash Champion
I like Thoron. Arcthunder doesn't have that much more kill power, and Thoron makes for a better kill move imo since It is Robins one long range kill move and arcthunder is only effective at close range, and she has plenty of close range kill moves. It also beats spotdodges and rolls. More importantly it beats all projectiles in the game that aren't fully charged :4lucario: aura sphere :4mewtwo: shadow ball or :4samus: charge shot.

It's also hella cool looking

Not like I think that Arcthunder is bad. It uses up less thunder tome and is, especially now, a wonderful set up tool. Just seemed like there was no Thoron love in this thread =(

As for the :4greninja::4lucario: convo, greninjas ban was, like aegis lashes ban, a hotly debated one and you'd probably wanna go dig through the smorgen forum for the full discussion on it.
Lucario was good in gens 4&5 but the fact that everything's getting stronger and faster means it's now not fast or strong enough to keep up. Steel losing it's dark and ghost resistance didn't help either. That's the shorter version on why anyway.

And I will post my pretty desktop wallpaper later when I'm not on my phone

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
So last night I had a dream where.. to put it simply and rather bluntly, I died. I presume this is pretty common amongst others, but I did some research in order to put my mind at ease. They said that it's because I'm going to start a fresh, new and clean slate, meet new people and "leave the past behind." I'm just so happy and quite emotional because, whether or not this is real, I am starting anew. I'm starting college in September, and I'm just so excited to just start again, in relation to both my own lifestyle (making simple changes eg. going to sleep earlier, getting my hair dyed and being more open to people which I have been doing lately) and my education. Of course, I'll miss being taught amongst my ol' pals in school, but right now, I couldn't be happier. :happysheep:

@The Soulless One

Good morning/afternoon! I'm available and will be for the next few hours if you'd like to play~!

:happysheep:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
So last night I had a dream where.. to put it simply and rather bluntly, I died. I presume this is pretty common amongst others, but I did some research in order to put my mind at ease. They said that it's because I'm going to start a fresh, new and clean slate, meet new people and "leave the past behind." I'm just so happy and quite emotional because, whether or not this is real, I am starting anew. I'm starting college in September, and I'm just so excited to just start again, in relation to both my own lifestyle (making simple changes eg. going to sleep earlier, getting my hair dyed and being more open to people which I have been doing lately) and my education. Of course, I'll miss being taught amongst my ol' pals in school, but right now, I couldn't be happier. :happysheep:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

@The Soulless One

Good morning/afternoon! I'm available and will be for the next few hours if you'd like to play~!

:happysheep:
Afternoon Sushi.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Anything new going on here...?

And I'm premium now, meaning I can represent M!Robin in all my posts. :)

Matsushi

True Blood

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

Thank you~

Afternoooooooooooon! Quite hot in London, no? Is it just me? @__@

Well, first of all I'm in love with your avatar~

Second, I love your custom title. (If it's a reference to the Shingeki no Kyojin OST, HELL YES~)
Having to clear up an apple littered front garden, yeah, it's hooot!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Thank you~

Afternoooooooooooon! Quite hot in London, no? Is it just me? @__@

Well, first of all I'm in love with your avatar~

Second, I love your custom title. (If it's a reference to the Shingeki no Kyojin OST, HELL YES~)
Thank you.

@ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A doctored it up for me.

And yes, it is an AoT/SNK reference.

View attachment 66038

I think you misplaced these~ :3
I'm not always Gears. :)

Now I'm a new and improved, all purpose Mask.

How have you been, BTW?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
AUUUUUGH NONE OF MY GOOD SHIRTS ARE CLEAN FOR MY DATE

PANIC LAUNDRY MODE ENGAGED!

orz
Quickly throw it in the dryer after getting it a little damp.

It's not perfect, but worked for me once.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Quickly throw it in the dryer after getting it a little damp.

It's not perfect, but worked for me once.
It's alright, I'm gonna survive.

I've still got close to 2.5 hours before I have to actually leave to pick her up, so that's enough time to get a load done. Will have a shirt ready by go-time.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It's alright, I'm gonna survive.

I've still got close to 2.5 hours before I have to actually leave to pick her up, so that's enough time to get a load done. Will have a shirt ready by go-time.
That's good then.

Nothing worse than looking unkempt on a date. Is this the same girl who you saw the Battle of Five Armies with?

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Dynasty Warriors is celebrating it's 15th anniversary today! Time sure flies when you're conquering China!!!

And @ Raziek Raziek good luck on your date! :cool:

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
That's good then.

Nothing worse than looking unkempt on a date. Is this the same girl who you saw the Battle of Five Armies with?
I've haven't seen Battle of the Five Armies, so..... must have some confusion somewhere.

This is the first date I've had with this one though.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I've haven't seen Battle of the Five Armies, so..... must have some confusion somewhere.

Hmm.. Yes, there must be.

Good luck then. Not like you need it! :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

>
with this one
I don't know why that made me laugh but it did.

@ Matsushi Matsushi

I'll be available in around 1/2 an hour from now if you're still available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom