• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

D

Deleted member

@ Gamegenie222 Gamegenie222

GGs,

That's it for my Link tonight.

Some important things to note:

You can't stop fighting me for stage control, as our matches went on it became more and more a situation where I would just be burying you with bombs followed by boomerangs and arrows while you were stuck at the corner of the stage. There were a number of times where I would tack on an easy 50% from my chip damage with projectiles alone.

Mix up your ledge recovery options, almost always you did a normal ledge get up to the point that I was punishing you almost every single time you tried to come off the ledge, I would kick you back out and you would come back to the ledge and the cycle would repeat itself and I'd get a free 40%+ damage from the ledge punishes and the projectile damage you were taking as I would pester you offstage. A few times this got you killed because all I had to do was SH Dair and the hitbox would frame trap you and cost you the stock.

Don't miss ledge sweetspot opportunities, a few times you would DJ just above the ledge and you would get punished hard because you exposed yourself in such a way. Link's F-Smash at the edge (which is what I punished you with a few times when I caught you doing this) will kill the entire cast very early, especially if I get to charge it for a few seconds while I wait for you to come back to the ledge.

I've said it numerous times when referring to this matchup, and it is somewhat implied when I mentioned that I cornered you with projectiles, but:

Link's Bombs beat every single projectile Robin has except for Thoron. If you attempt to challenge his bombs with a Thunder Projectile or Arcfire you will lose 95% of the time.

Finally, don't be so quick to burn your DJ, once you do that it's very easy for Link to catch your landing with some kind of projectile or a grab. Furthermore, you should never attempt any aerials on shield when approaching Link, his Clawshot negates any sort of spacing you have and I'll just get a free grab and a nice 10% or more damage every time I catch you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tacticulbacon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tacticulbacon
I'm sorry, but if you're honestly telling me these:
Are better than these
Then I'm going to have to call you crazy.
Empoleon mustard race.

The one major issue I had with Diamond and Pearl was that there was a total of about 2 fire type pokemon you could get before the elite 4, and one of them was chimchar, so unless you wanted to use Rapidash you were kind of pigeon-held into getting chimchar for fire coverage.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I'm too lazy to read the last 7 pages what happened? :halfsheep:
I only read the past couple, but they mainly consisted of;

-Minions being too popular and annoying to see everywhere
-Talk of Gen 4 of Pokemon
-Raziek's birthday
-More art of the FE trading cards
-Some Phoenix Wright stuff
-Talk of the changes in the time lapse between Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, specifically about Mia.
-A new member joined
-A battle between some guy and a random knight

And other usual Robin board stuff c:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I only read the past couple, but they mainly consisted of;

-Minions being too popular and annoying to see everywhere
-Raziek's birthday
-More art of the FE trading cards
-Some Phoenix Wright stuff
-Talk of the changes in the time lapse between Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, specifically about Mia.
-A new member joined
-A battle between some guy and a random knight

And other usual Robin board stuff c:
Happy b-day @Raziek~ :happysheep:

And hai new tacter~

Why do I miss all the good stuff ;_______;

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
ATTENTION ALL ROBINS EVER!, USE THORON FOR PEAT SAKES!
Why does everyone go to Arc thunder and then they stop like thats all there is. I see it ALL the time.

Y U DO it? That is all.

anyone want to play smash?

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Pac-man's fire hydrant ain't got nothing on Cammy's fists! lol

I can't stand the overuse and blatant milking of a good concept that ruins what made it good in the first place.
Whenever I hear fire hydrant, I think of Pac-Man. :chuckle:

Yeah it's pretty bad when milking happens to good things. Popular TV shows fall victim to this quite often too.

At the end of the day, it's all about the money unfortunately.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Which desktop background looks better?

View attachment 65930

or

View attachment 65931

Also @Miloaf I am ready when you are.
Why does everyone go to Arc thunder and then they stop like thats all there is. I see it ALL the time.

Y U DO it? That is all.

Because Arcthunder has amazing combo potential. Thoron is more or less a KO skill. Also, Arc Thunder takes less time to charge.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Gez, why is there so much Minion hate in here? I know they have been appearing on a lot of products, but it was a good movie.

*Reciprocates high five*

Also that was my point, bowties, berets, AND fezzes are all extremely cool!

*Zips lips on Doctor Who spoilers*

What episode are you on?
*High fives intensified*

Yeah they are.

I only just watched the Gun Slinger episode.

Lucario is pretty average in Pokémon as well. His mega form, however, is banned in the Smogon ruleset, along with :4greninja:.
Really? I think his quiet good. Though I'd imagine him being steel hinders him in some way. I can see his mega being banned, but :4greninja:? Really? His a glass cannon. Why would he be banned?

Y U DO it? That is all.

Why not grab his bombs or better yet, dodge them?

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Likely won't be here for it.

Ya boi's got a date tomorrow night. Seeing 'Vacation' in theaters, followed by dinner at

Never heard of the place IDK if it's Canada exclusive food joint or what. Anyhow have fun on your date sir.

Also gg's @The Soulless One there was alot of dumb stuff that happens in the games especially the first game and the recovery flubs on my part thinking I had a jump but it got eaten by the previous attack beforehand. Just need to work on the Robin vs Link MU and not get blown up by his grab less on top of patterns getting read.

But hot damn though that grab Link has now you can't touch his much at all anymore unless your recovery is faster than his grab with that half a football field grab range. Reminds me of Omega's Red command grab in X Men COTA and the vs series with how much range it has.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Y U DO it? That is all.

BEcause Arc Thunder KOs much sooner than Thoron and is harder to deal with. Even then ElThunder is my favorite along with it.

Thoron isn't like :4samus:Charge Shot, :4mewtwo:Shadow Ball and :4lucario:Aura Sphere. It's mostly a move I see more for crowd control and surprise attacks. A great Tactician doesn't rely on the greater risk for every victory

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Because Arcthunder has amazing combo potential. Thoron is more or less a KO skill. Also, Arc Thunder takes less time to charge.
B-but with Thoron you can get those sniper kills :4darkpit: ;^;

How much is Arcthunder better than Thoron though?

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
B-but with Thoron you can get those sniper kills :4darkpit: ;^;

How much is Arcthunder better than Thoron though?
BEcause Arc Thunder KOs much sooner than Thoron and is harder to deal with. Even then ElThunder is my favorite along with it.

Thoron isn't like :4samus:Charge Shot, :4mewtwo:Shadow Ball and :4lucario:Aura Sphere. It's mostly a move I see more for crowd control and surprise attacks. A great Tactician doesn't rely on the greater risk for every victory

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

This is what I don't understand. Why would Sakurai make Arcthunder more powerful than Thoron? It just makes no sense, particularly when you compare to the other characters you said. I just wish he'd either change the angle it launches the opponent or/and increase it's power.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581

Y U DO it? That is all.

One reason I keep it at Arcthunder is with the new buffs, you have a lot more options with it. Depending on your spacing of it, it can lead to a free Nosferatu, just about any aerial, and even Arcfire. Overall you can get a bit more out of Arcthunder then just hitting someone with Thoron. Really though it just depends on the situation/match up.

You may want to be more specific about this knight, if you don't want to be facing the business end of Alondite
All I can recall is that the black knight was pretty Unambiguous. The other one seemed had a vague feeling to them, like they weren't very specific. :p

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
OMG...PALUTENA X LUCINA, or PALUCINA, IS CANON!

I hope they make Tiki 2.0 :halfsheep:

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
This is what I don't understand. Why would Sakurai make Arcthunder more powerful than Thoron? It just makes no sense, particularly when you compare to the other characters you said. I just wish he'd either change the angle it launches the opponent or/and increase it's power.
Doesn't Arcthunder use more of the Thunder tome than Thoron?

Maybe that's one reason

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

You know Robin's whole gimmick behind the tomes having limited uses?

Yep, that, it focus more on spacing your uses of your thunder moves than spamming Thoron like a mad man like it's a regular charge shot

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Tbh, my favorite thunder tome is...well...thunder.

I love surprising the Aggressors instantly with it.

I hope i'm not the only one :halfsheep:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
A great Tactician doesn't rely on the greater risk for every victory
I wouldn't say that if I was you. Trust me.

One reason I keep it at Arcthunder is with the new buffs, you have a lot more options with it. Depending on your spacing of it, it can lead to a free Nosferatu, just about any aerial, and even Arcfire. Overall you can get a bit more out of Arcthunder then just hitting someone with Thoron. Really though it just depends on the situation/match up.

All I can recall is that the black knight was pretty Unambiguous. The other one seemed had a vague feeling to them, like they weren't very specific. :p
So you use Arc thunder for set ups? Reasonable. Reasonable.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
You may want to be more specific about this knight, if you don't want to be facing the business end of Alondite
said knight btw has an infinite in Smash 4 (thats gimmicky as heck)

I love animal crossing

NNID
evenet2013
3DS FC
1005-8775-7263
Really? I think his quiet good. Though I'd imagine him being steel hinders him in some way. I can see his mega being banned, but :4greninja:? Really? His a glass cannon. Why would he be banned?
:4lucario: is pretty average from what I can remember. Decent Attack and Sp. Attack, okay Speed, and frail defences.

:4greninja: has amazing speed and a very diverse movepool. His attack stats aren't super great, but Protean gives every move STAB. Ever since he got Gunk Shot via oras tutors, he only has one switch-in: Porygon2

..or something like that.

But he is a glass cannon, anything scarfed or just faster than it can ohko, So I don't get the ban.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Thanks for the welcome everyone! I'm sure I'll have a blast!
You have no signature... This is unacceptable. You must have a signature...

Here:
Code:
[CENTER][URL='https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us'][IMG]http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg580/EmeraldDragonair/IsaacBanner_zpssdqxjvno.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]
Put that into your Signature.

:troll:

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
If we're sharing desktop images, here's mine:

oh hey yamato
too bad I picked Psyduck's ending
OFC you have Yomi on your desktop
desktop image time
background.PNG

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956

Is that Skyrim (SKSE) I see there? Also, what's your Steam ID?

So tell me...
Stormcloaks or Imperials?
Dark Brotherhood or Destruction of Dark Brotherhood?
Race?
Playstyle?
What mods did you favor?

And on the topic of desktops...
Here's what mine looks like today:

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Is that Skyrim (SKSE) I see there? Also, what's your Steam ID?

So tell me...
Stormcloaks or Imperials?
Dark Brotherhood or Destruction of Dark Brotherhood?
Race?
Playstyle?
What mods did you favor?

And on the topic of desktops...
Here's what mine looks like today:
Steam ID is Raziek, as you might guess.

I don't play Skyrim all that much on PC (I did most of my playing on Xbox when it launched, picked up PC later on Steam Sale), but....

Stormcloaks.
Dark Brotherhood.
Imperial in one run, Breton in the other.
Imperial was a Stealth character, Breton was a mage.
Mods were mostly cosmetic stuff, a few follower mods, a few spell mods.

AS AN ASIDE.....

Having trouble understanding how to fight Mega Man? Here's me fighting :4megaman: for 2 hours or so.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Steam ID is Raziek, as you might guess.
I should have seen that one coming...

I don't play Skyrim all that much on PC (I did most of my playing on Xbox when it launched, picked up PC later on Steam Sale), but....
You missed out. With a good Rig, and the right Mods, Skyrim on the PC slaughters Skyrim on the consoles.

Stormcloaks.
Dark Brotherhood.
Imperial in one run, Breton in the other.
Imperial was a Stealth character, Breton was a mage.
Mods were mostly cosmetic stuff, a few follower mods, a few spell mods.
Damn. Straight up opposite of me. I always destroyed the Dark Brotherhood and I always joined the Imperials. I usually played as an Imperial, but went with a sword fighting mage. Mods, well... I used a lot. I'll be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Elder Scrolls VI is only PC just so they can put in a more powerful modding ability.

Also, check your Steam.

Last edited:

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
You have no signature... This is unacceptable. You must have a signature...

Here:
Code:
[CENTER][URL='https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us'][IMG]http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg580/EmeraldDragonair/IsaacBanner_zpssdqxjvno.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]
Put that into your Signature.

:troll:
But sir(f), I already added my sig, just now! :bluejump:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
But sir(f), I already added my sig, just now! :bluejump:
Darn. I was hoping to con you into supporting Isaac...

In other news R.S.T...I'm at a crossroads... That is to say, my Avatar... Should I maintain the Status Quo and keep using what I'm using:

head.png

Or shake things up and use this:
The decision is yours.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

Ah yeah! Desktop image sharing time!

I've been using this one for a long time now. Love me some Samurai Warriors!
In other news R.S.T...I'm at a crossroads... That is to say, my Avatar... Should I maintain the Status Quo and keep using what I'm using:

Or shake things up and use this:
The decision is yours.
I say you should INK IT UP!

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Whatever happened to @Hong and @Hokori and @Hongori?

Edit: Why isn't Hong recognized?

Last edited:
Top Bottom