• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Gen 4 has the best Pokémon lineup, starters included. Which ones are dumb?

The player characters suck lmao
All of them. Chimchar is a wannabe Torchic, I prefer Buizel of Piplup and don't get me start on Turtwig.
@ Raziek Raziek , @Arc_Thunder, @r_greening1, @ Space Stranger Space Stranger , @SpiralGalaxies, @Ultimastrike, @ The Merc The Merc , @BindingShield, @Benishigure, @ RadiantTactician RadiantTactician , @The Soulless One, @KenboCalrissian, @Elezir, @☆Jazz♀, @Koiba, @LIQUID12A @Coolpool2, @Koiba, @ Champ Gold Champ Gold , @ smokebomb12 smokebomb12

Next XCOM Stream will be Tomorrow at about 7:00 PM Eastern. Now that SGDQ is over, I hope to try and do this more regularly.
Cool. Hey Chapter, question. Are you considering up loading these to Youtube after you are done with the play through?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Didn't we already discuss "favourite/least favourite Pokémon generation" like, less than a week ago? (or was that the Zelda social? starting to get all these threads confused, maybe :p)

to reiterate: Gen 3 master race

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Likely won't be here for it.

Ya boi's got a date tomorrow night. Seeing 'Vacation' in theaters, followed by dinner at

=( I'll miss you.
Have fun on your date!!
I've heard "Vacation" is pretty bad though and it's doing terribly in the Box Office...

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
=( I'll miss you.
Have fun on your date!!
I've heard "Vacation" is pretty bad though and it's doing terribly in the Box Office...
One of my co-workers gave it a recommendation, so I'll take the risk I guess.

Sure as **** not going to go see 'Minions'.

Every time I see Minion paraphernalia I actually want to commit murder. **** that **** is annoying, holy christ.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

If that's your opinion then fine, it's your opinion and I respect that, but I'm of the opinion that your opinion is ********.
Edit* Really? That's considered an actual swear on SB? *The More You Know*

Empoleon, Infernape, and Torterra are all really cool in my opinion. But more importantly they're all objectively well designed. Not liking there designs from a personal standpoint is fine, but they are far from bad designs in general.

I don't know which Pokémon you were using, but Gen 4 had some killer stuff! Besides the starters, there was Magnezone, Froslass, Weavile, the Garchomp line, Bastiodon, Roserade, Mismagius, Lopunny, Lucario, Glaceon, Giratina, and Shaymin to name a few. All of these Pokémon are quite well designed from an objective standpoint. Gen 4 just has the same problem that every other generation has, that there will always be bad and stupid ideas for Pokémon mixed in with the good ones. But I think this list proves that Gen 4's Pokémon aren't all "dumb" by any stretch of the imagination.

I don't even really know how to respond to this one. They look exactly like you would expect a trainer in the Pokémon universe to look like. If you don't like there designs that's fine but they aren't "stupid" designs, it's not like they look like something pulled of a 14 year olds Deviantart page. They're perfectly acceptable additions to the Pokémon series main character lineup.

So again, it's your opinion, and you have every right to it, I just have a very different opinion. Also I'm a very passionate man when it comes to Pokémon, so that's why this post got a bit long-winded.

Look, here me out. While I don't think all the Pokemon are bad in P/D and do agree that every Pokemon games as it bunch of bad Pokemon (Black and White) I just don't really like them as much as other generations. Also, with the staters, their just something about them the just doesn't make me go 'OMG, there all so awesome, I CAN'T CHOOSE' It's more, 'uh, okay.....' Also, while Dawn isn't that bad, the male looks a like silly, (particularly the beret). IMO, if i was to design a pokemon trainer, I would give him fez and bow tie.

Challenged accepted.
Okay, this guy is the only exception to D/P

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956

Every time I see Minion paraphernalia I actually want to commit murder. **** that **** is annoying, holy christ.
I wasn't recommending Minions by the way...

To be honest, it's been 9 months or so since I walked into a theater. And if Star Wars VII isn't any good, it'll be longer than 9 months before I step into another theater.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

Look, here me out. While I don't think all the Pokemon are bad in P/D and do agree that every Pokemon games as it bunch of bad Pokemon (Black and White) I just don't really like them as much as other generations. Also, with the staters, their just something about them the just doesn't make me go 'OMG, there all so awesome, I CAN'T CHOOSE' It's more, 'uh, okay.....' Also, while Dawn isn't that bad, the male looks a like silly, (particularly the beret). IMO, if i was to design a pokemon trainer, I would give him fez and bow tie.
Again, it's your opinion, and I'm not trying to attack you or anything. I've just got my own opinion, we all do. Nobodies opinion is more "right or wrong" than the other (at least not in this situation).

Honestly I felt that way for Gen 5's starters, and Gen 5 is my favorite! Only Snivy and his evolutions really stood out to me.

Okay yes as we all know bow ties and fezzes are cool, but let's be real, they aren't any more silly than a beret is.

Also berets are straight dope. Check it.

(Inb4 the next Doctor wears a beret, lol)

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Okay, this guy is the only exception to D/P
I'm sorry, but if you're honestly telling me these:
Are better than these
Then I'm going to have to call you crazy.

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
Ugh, the Minions have been shoved down my throat so much to the point where I absolutely despise them. I see them on bus posters, pajamas, freakin' underwear, birthday cakes etc, and like what they say; too much of anything can make you sick. I remember back in the day when I actually loved them so much, but that was because they weren't everywhere, they were apart of the actual Despicable Me films, where they only served to be Gru's "servants" and they were actually really funny, especially because I'm one for stupid humour and I'm very easily amused. Now Despicable Me is no longer a film featuring a loving, well-developed father and 3 little girls, but has been obnoxiously overrun by those things which aren't even funny anymore because it's too much and feels horrendously forced.

Anyway, I should be asleep but I was woken up by an unexpected loud thud from next door.

Also, Smashboards on mobile sucks.

Goodnight everyone~ :emptysheep:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Again, it's your opinion, and I'm not trying to attack you or anything. I've just got my own opinion, we all do. Nobodies opinion is more "right or wrong" than the other (at least not in this situation).

Honestly I felt that way for Gen 5's starters, and Gen 5 is my favorite! Only Snivy and his evolutions really stood out to me.

Okay yes as we all know bow ties and fezzes are cool, but let's be real, they aren't any more silly than a beret is.

Insta-like for posting my SF main and waifu, Cammy.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Good games Wintropy! You know I'd never played with customs before, Europeans are always conservative that I've never even seen them. Pretty amazing to suddenly see characters leap halfway across the stage leaving you wondering how they got there. I can't believe I'm stuck with regular Palutena...!

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

Minions was awesome!

The Despicable Me series is in general, awesome!!! Better than most kid's movies that have have recently been released.
Damn right he is. :4lucario:
Funny his so awesome in the Pokemon series yet average in Smash.

*high five for Snivy fan*

Yeah, Gen 5 did have the problem to (Tepig)

They're not silly,

I guess berets are cool too

Also

I still only up to Matt Smith.

Are better than these
Honestly, I think Snivy is better than all of them combined (though it's stats are kind of bad). Though to be honest, I don't mind Chimchar or Piplup, don't like Turtwig though (which bothers me cause I really like Grass types the most aside from Electric and it just seems they always get the short end of the stick). It just none of them make me tons on which on to pick unlike Soulsilver. Though this problem is also there in Gen 5 and 6. Though you're right, Oshawatt is pretty eh and I just don't want to talk about Tepig.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Good games Wintropy! You know I'd never played with customs before, Europeans are always conservative that I've never even seen them. Pretty amazing to suddenly see characters leap halfway across the stage leaving you wondering how they got there. I can't believe I'm stuck with regular Palutena...!
Ha, tell me about it! Moydow will tell you about my rant about the Irish ruleset from a couple days back. I'm very much on the "customs are fun, **** the haters" hype train. I'm really impressed by your diverse roster of characters, too, that was a breath of fresh air - we must do this again sometime!

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
To much lag. Plus I have to eat. If you are available we can still play later.
That's fine, if you ever want to play just ask me! I would like say one thing though, you probably shouldn't hold you shield as much. It's good in this game yeah, but you're using it a bit too much if I can break it with falcon, and almost with Palutena. Just something to keep in mind.
Nonetheless, good games~

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
why is there a fire hydrant on her arm
Because when she punches you in the noggin, it feels like you got hit in the face with a fire hydrant.
(Or it's just cause that's the design they went with, but I like my reason better)
Ugh, the Minions have been shoved down my throat so much to the point where I absolutely despise them. I see them on bus posters, pajamas, freakin' underwear, birthday cakes etc, and like what they say; too much of anything can make you sick. I remember back in the day when I actually loved them so much, but that was because they weren't everywhere, they were apart of the actual Despicable Me films, where they only served to be Gru's "servants" and they were actually really funny, especially because I'm one for stupid humour and I'm very easily amused. Now Despicable Me is no longer a film featuring a loving, well-developed father and 3 little girls, but has been obnoxiously overrun by those things which aren't even funny anymore because it's too much and feels horrendously forced.

Anyway, I should be asleep but I was woken up by an unexpected loud thud from next door.

It's the Rabbid's all over again!!!!! Save us!

Can they both just die in a fire, please and thank you?
Insta-like for posting my SF main and waifu, Cammy.
Cammy da best Street Fighter!

*high five for Snivy fan*

Yeah, Gen 5 did have the problem to (Tepig)

They're not silly,

I guess berets are cool too

Also

I still only up to Matt Smith.
*Reciprocates high five*

Also that was my point, bowties, berets, AND fezzes are all extremely cool!

*Zips lips on Doctor Who spoilers*

What episode are you on?

Last edited:
NNID
evenet2013
3DS FC
1005-8775-7263

That's the most accurate paragraph I've ever read in my entire life.

'Night gorl~

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
My sister dragged me to the cinema a few weeks back to see Minions. The film itself actually wasn't all that bad, but it's definitely annoying to see the yellow things absolutely everywhere.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'd cite my brother's opinion on Minions, but suffice to say, the filter would render it obsolete.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Ha, tell me about it! Moydow will tell you about my rant about the Irish ruleset from a couple days back. I'm very much on the "customs are fun, **** the haters" hype train. I'm really impressed by your diverse roster of characters, too, that was a breath of fresh air - we must do this again sometime!
Sure, let's do it again sometime, I'll create some customs sets for myself too so I have something to try out as well Embarrass

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Case in point:

:)

Are better than these
I must be crazy then.
I love Sinnoh and it's my favorite generation, but I thought the starters were kinda lame.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Because when she punches you in the noggin, it feels like you got hit in the face with a fire hydrant.
I was gonna say something similar but this works too.
It's the Rabbid's all over again!!!!! Save us!

Can they both just die in a fire, please and thank you?
I remember the Rabbid's. They were okay when they first appeared and I found them somewhat humorous, but then the milking began and the rest is history. (Just like the minions)

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Which desktop background looks better?

View attachment 65930

or

View attachment 65931

Also @ Milo AKA Papa Milo AKA Papa I am ready when you are.
I'm liking #1 more.
I was gonna say something similar but this works too.

I remember the Rabbid's. They were okay when they first appeared and I found them somewhat humorous, but then the milking began and the rest is history. (Just like the minions)
Pac-man's fire hydrant ain't got nothing on Cammy's fists! lol

I can't stand the overuse and blatant milking of a good concept that ruins what made it good in the first place.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Finally got confirmation of this sweet poster making its way here :colorful:

Of the main games, DP is one of my least favorite Pokémon games, only beaten by XY. Just all the traveling back and forth and additional HMs made it an incredibly tedious experience. :v

Top Bottom