• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Well after staring at a mirror in my batch room crying, I have recovered
Anyone want to play?
I got chu!!

NNID: Topherster (I think I spelled it right :p)
Pre-game johns: I've been playing P:M, so if you see a lot of random jumps then airdodges or attempted dash dance you know why :^)

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
View attachment 65424

Less than 10 minutes passed and I already got comments and favs

wat
DeviantART for ya.

Also, I just fought the Dragonfly boss on DK64's Aztec level and I couldn't help but think of Hoo-Ha every time I jumped in the air and threw a barrel at him.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
@ Koiba Koiba

those are some really awesome drawings man. i wish I could draw like that, then I would have my Young Link picture done by now ;_______;

GGs @ Wintropy Wintropy . Your Pit is a pain in the booty to catch.
I'm thinking of dropping Pit. He is just so strange.
Have you played Uprising before?

I guess I'll bring K. Rool to smash ladder friendlies because Sakurai has no idea how to make a video game.
*looks at Melee*

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Found this on SquidBoards. Thought it should be posted here as well:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Melee didn't have miis.
Oh, you're right.

I really do wish Mii's were treated better. I mean, can't the smash community some how come together and form one universal movest for each of the Mii's to use? and, to make things fair, all mii's had to use the custom 1 netural B, since that is the only move the Kirby can copy. And example could be

Mii Sword fighter

B- Tornado Slash
Side B - Charkam
Up B- Hero's Spin
Down B - Reflect Slash

or something like that. I mean, is it really that hard?

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
"WE NEED CUSTOMS"

"NO WE DON'T"

"3 STOCKS"

"3 STOCKS AREN'T GOOD FOR SPECTATORS BECAUSE X, Y, AND Z"

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Smash arguments.

What a chore to sit through. :|

:sadsheep:

They make me very sad.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I just wanna play the game and kick it with folks. Smash arguments are silly though especially seeing it through years and years of it and the broken base Smash is.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Considering the community can't agree on multiple other things such as customs and stagelists, yes, clearly it is that hard
I still think the Irish community has a terribly dull stagelist.

Yeah, I get that it's to facilitate new players and I respect that, but when my house rules features stages such as Delfino Plaza and Kongo Jugle 64, I tend to find the selection on offer a tad vanilla by comparison.

When my brother and I got to Loser's Finals in the tournament we attended recently, we just gentleman'd Delfino for kicks and giggles. The TO said it's technically illegal, but he didn't mind so long as we didn't mind.

It helps that he's a close friend of my brother's, of course~

Anyway, to get back on-topic, I don't think the Irish community really considers customs as a serious issue. Again, I get that it's to facilitate new players and get badly-needed interest in the indigenous scene, but when you have top players like Skarfelt and even upcoming challengers like Formaldehyde (my brother) outright shutting down the concept of customs right off the bat, it kind of drowns out any impetus to have a formal debate on the issue.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Their logic for banning most common stages is low ceiling, walkoffs, and certain hazards (Delfino, Halberd, Skyloft, Wuhu Island), too big (Kongo Jungle), and "simply a bad stage" (Castle Siege).

Customs are basically never happening here; I almost feel like simply mentioning them would get you blackballed :p Although Miis are also restricted to 1111 and default sizes, which I personally find stupid regardless of anyone's opinion on customs otherwise (even though like 2 people in Ireland plays any of them). Their logic for it (that Miis can't possibly be balanced without being restricted to 1111 and default sizes) is even more ridiculous in my opinion.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956

This meme/joke has been showing up EVERYWHERE since the update was revealed.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
@ Chapter Serf Chapter Serf : (Re: your question about sidequests)

I can't speak for end-game/post-game, as I'm not there yet.

But during the main game in Nohr, you essentially have a game flow of:

Base <-> Map screen <-> Battle -> Base

The 'map screen' isn't anything like Awakening's map though. All it does is literally SHOW you the map so you know geographically where the next chapter is happening for plot purposes, then presents a drop-down menu that looks something like:

Chapter X
DLC
Paralogues [Either the one to recruit Mozume or any Children's paralogues you currently have available]

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
@ Chapter Serf Chapter Serf : (Re: your question about sidequests)

I can't speak for end-game/post-game, as I'm not there yet.

But during the main game in Nohr, you essentially have a game flow of:

Base <-> Map screen <-> Battle -> Base

The 'map screen' isn't anything like Awakening's map though. All it does is literally SHOW you the map so you know geographically where the next chapter is happening for plot purposes, then presents a drop-down menu that looks something like:

Chapter X
DLC
Paralogues [Either the one to recruit Mozume or any Children's paralogues you currently have available]
So there's a break in between missions for you to do stuff. Anyone have any idea how the third option works?

Also @ Raziek Raziek after the 5th you need to get back into Splatoon. Everyone does. Custom lobbies and more, man. I think it'll make a viable competitive scene for the game.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Their logic for banning most common stages is low ceiling, walkoffs, and certain hazards (Delfino, Halberd, Skyloft, Wuhu Island), too big (Kongo Jungle), and "simply a bad stage" (Castle Siege).
Thing is, it's totally reasonable. It's essentially the bare minimum you could have for a competent stagelist.

Just...some of the logic to it disconcerts me deeply.

Walkoffs I can understand. It's hardly an issue if the walkoff only appears for a 30-second interval at max, but okay, I can respect that choice.

"Low ceilings" is just a john as far as I'm concerned. Way to dull the viability of characters like Meta Knight and DK there, champ.

"Certain hazards" just feels arbitrary. The hazards on Halberd are easier to read than a Lvl. 3 CPU and barely interfere with the match; at most, you have to keep an eye on the background or avoid a certain area of the stage for like ten seconds. It's hardly 75m-tier stage intervention.

"Too big" is, again, arbitrary. I've never known anybody to successfully circle-camp on Kongo Jungle. Duck Hunt should demonstrate that big stage =/= bad stage (I actually think Duck Hunt is bull**** but that's due to a personal grudge rather than a technical issue with the stage itself).

"Simply a bad stage" makes my teeth rattle. Castle Siege is easily among my favourite stages in the game, both casually and competitively.

Customs are basically never happening here; I almost feel like simply mentioning them would get you blackballed :p Although Miis are also restricted to 1111 and default sizes, which I personally find stupid regardless of anyone's opinion on customs otherwise (even though like 2 people in Ireland plays any of them).
Yeah, it's a shame that the top-level players seem content to stick their fingers in their ears and ignore the issue rather than do anything practical about it. I kinda want to just enter tourneys as 1111 Swordfighter just to piss people off, heh~

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
GGs @ r_greening1 r_greening1 . Your Marths pressure game forces me to think twice about my recovery options.

Sorry about the awful lag.
GG's! Just messing around with Marth if you couldn't tell by the dozens of matches with him. Tbh that lag was pretty horrendous. It might have been my side too :/

Time for helpful advice! :D
I agree with @ Wintropy Wintropy about the ZSS. She has a lot of mobility options and I felt you just locked yourself down trying to confirm a paralyze. Obviously this can work against some characters, but I don't think it's good to practice that. These are friendlies man! Experiment! You lose? All well just try again!

Villager... Don't be afraid to get closer! Throw a lloyd and see how they react! They shield? Run with it and grab! They jump? Chase 'em with a nair. They roll? Get them with a DA. I also don't recommend planting the tree in neutral.

I will say that your Link seems the best out of your mains, but try to stay mobile after throwing your boomerang! I noticed you just stood there to pull it out! Short hop or something! Same with the bow, I believe it's a lot more effective after a jump, because you hit A LOT more ranges and you're not sitting on the ground to get punched. Feel free to experiment!

I was gonna practice a setup to see how effective it was. DB1>(DB2?)>Jab1>Fsmash. Obviously you never saw that cuz lag :p I kept getting random dash attacks, jab2, etc. Or the b-reverse shield breaker turning into DB smh lol

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
Omg gorls

So a few days ago I was messing around with that Akinator game and I had it guess Azura (in the game it has her as Aqua though). There was no picture so I decided to submit one because I can, and pictures are reviewed before they are used in case they're inappropriate or whatever. So I wasn't expecting for the picture I submitted to go through because the last time I sent in a picture for another character it didn't get accepted even though it was SFW ugh.

Anyways I played it again and I made it guess Azura again and

My pic got accepted what

And it even has my name there what

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
How to beat Akinator: pick a random Fire Emblem character (obviously, not a major character), preferably from one of the Japan-only titles. I just beat him with Linde from FE1/3/11/12.

edit: apparently certain main characters beat him too (namely, Celica from FE2)

Last edited:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
GG's! Just messing around with Marth if you couldn't tell by the dozens of matches with him. Tbh that lag was pretty horrendous. It might have been my side too :/

Time for helpful advice! :D
I agree with @ Wintropy Wintropy about the ZSS. She has a lot of mobility options and I felt you just locked yourself down trying to confirm a paralyze. Obviously this can work against some characters, but I don't think it's good to practice that. These are friendlies man! Experiment! You lose? All well just try again!

Villager... Don't be afraid to get closer! Throw a lloyd and see how they react! They shield? Run with it and grab! They jump? Chase 'em with a nair. They roll? Get them with a DA. I also don't recommend planting the tree in neutral.

I will say that your Link seems the best out of your mains, but try to stay mobile after throwing your boomerang! I noticed you just stood there to pull it out! Short hop or something! Same with the bow, I believe it's a lot more effective after a jump, because you hit A LOT more ranges and you're not sitting on the ground to get punched. Feel free to experiment!

I was gonna practice a setup to see how effective it was. DB1>(DB2?)>Jab1>Fsmash. Obviously you never saw that cuz lag :p I kept getting random dash attacks, jab2, etc. Or the b-reverse shield breaker turning into DB smh lol
Thanks for the advice. BUT....
These are friendlies man! Experiment! You lose? All well just try again!

I actually was experimenting. I never knew I could D-B spike on the ledge.
I know you need to lose to improve. I just want to avoid it is all.

Top Bottom