• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I realised last night that Wizard's Dropkick makes the Ganon / Robin matchup I'd say ten million times safer.

It's still like trying to ram your head into a brick wall every time you hit a button, but at least you can go "WHEEEE" right over Robin's tomes~

Which reminds me, I should make a Flame Chain / Wizard's Dropkick set for dealing with Rosie.

I don't even play Ganondorf seriously but damn he's fun to mess about with.

Customdorf da troof~

Well, if our matches are any indication, you'll be fine~ ;3

Good luck, friend! As a wise warrior once said, "Knock 'em silly!"
Matchup is still literal ass even with Dropkick. Brings it from like +3 to just +2.

Especially with the SEXY Elthunder buffs.

D

Deleted member

Matchup is still literal *** even with Dropkick. Brings it from like +3 to just +2.

Yeah,

Literally the only thing that WDK and Dark Fists does for Ganon in the MU is save him from Nairplane (sometimes) because of WDK's horizontal coverage and Dark Fists's Super Armor so he can't be interrupted on startup when recovering from below the ledge.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Matchup is still literal *** even with Dropkick. Brings it from like +3 to just +2.

Oh god yeah.

It's the difference between standing at the epicenter of the nuke when it goes off and being a mile away.

You're still gonna get incinerated, but it's the difference between a prolonged death and getting to see the flashy fireworks before it happens.

Incidentally (with kindest, most vitriolic regards to @TimidKitsune129 and @False Sense), I have started to feel a tiny mote of resentment towards the Pit / Robin matchup.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Hello Robins, I would like to take a quick survey/poll. So @ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 has stated that only the Zeldas knew about what he "fancies" and I was pretty sure you tacticians knew as well. If you knew already, please reply or like (Doesn't matter which one) and I'll tally it up while hopefully making him laugh. :secretkpop:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Just a question for the birds here: I hear you Robins got your Dthrow Hoo-Haa-fied, what aerials does it allow you to follow up with? Does it have a KO timing range? AKA a percent timing where Levin UAir/FAir followup could/would KO?

Also how broken is Levin FAir KO power now? It got a raw damage increase so technically it should KO decently earlier, and it was a killing machine before. •_•

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Just a question: I hear you Robins got your Dthrow Hoo-Haa-fied, what aerials does it allow you to follow up with? Does it have a KO timing range? AKA a percent timing where Levin UAir/FAir followup could/would KO?

Also how broken is Levin FAir KO power now? It got a raw damage increase so technically it should KO decently earlier, and it was a killing machine before. •_•
At lower percents we use utilt or jab with the occasional arcthunder or fsmash/dsmash reads. At certain percents (still in testing) dthrow to uthrow is guarenteed to ko. I think it works with most, if not all characters, but the percents will obviously differ.

Levin fair ko potential didn't change that much.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Just a question: I hear you Robins got your Dthrow Hoo-Haa-fied, what aerials does it allow you to follow up with? Does it have a KO timing range? AKA a percent timing where Levin UAir/FAir followup could/would KO?

Hi Zelda momma~

Fast fallers I think can start getting hit by Dthrow -> Uair at around 125% and it will for sure kill (as Uair kills super damn early). Medium and floaties can get hit by Checkmate a few percentages earlier. I think I've killed Mario at around 110%, so I'm guessing floaties will hover around the 100%.

It's pretty scary now.

Tattles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goldbit
The Levin fair kill power is a little too good imo. It's much stronger, and you can now also fair people out of fairly long range Arcthunder's. It's one of my main gripes with the changes. It was really fine as it was.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Hi Zelda momma~

Fast fallers I think can start getting hit by Dthrow -> Uair at around 125% and it will for sure kill (as Uair kills super damn early). Medium and floaties can get hit by Checkmate a few percentages earlier. I think I've killed Mario at around 110%, so I'm guessing floaties will hover around the 100%.

It's pretty scary now.
I think we can kill fastfallers much earlier actually if we usmash or something but I have to double check that.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Hi Zelda momma~

It's pretty scary now.
Spoken like a true Robin player :secretkpop:

Checkmate? I'm guessing this is some sort of read or good move combo that got a cute nickname?

Also geez, how many Z E L D A G O R L S are coming over here? You can't hide from my magic eye sew I can see any of y'all here.

Not that I'm worried Robins will catch up in pages. :^)

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084

Checkmate? I'm guessing this is some sort of read or good move combo that got a cute nickname?

Also geez, how many Z E L D A G O R L S are coming over here? You can't hide from my magic eye sew I can see any of y'all here.

Checkmate = Robin's hoo-hah

And momma pls dun hurt me i dun wun to be grounded for cheating on our queen at times :^(

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

gorl plz I was a Robin board guy before a Zelda board guy :secretkpop:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Who's making puns again?

Do I have to bring out my beating stick?

Top Bottom