• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Wouldst anyone wish to face me in a rousing game of Incredible Devastation Brethren on the Nintendo's 3rd Dimensional handheld gaming system?

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
So, people saying that FE: Awakening HD screenshots have been leaked.

I don't know. If you ask me it looks fake.

I'm sorry.
not

:troll:

Also, I found this to be amusing and interesting.

I hope no one gets offended by this

Last edited:

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
I find it just a tiny bit silly that now Elthunder, Arcthunder, and uncharged Thoron all do 10% now.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Excellent sir! I hath sent you a request of friendship, and shall create some quarters for us to do battle posthaste!

Wouldst you enjoy the use of customs?
I don't think I have any customs ready rihgt now, maybe another time! ALSO LOL, dont mind the name.
It's usually "Miloaf[:" so you know. I changed it to fool around with a friend. Sorry about that

So, people saying that FE: Awakening HD screenshots have been leaked.

I don't know. If you ask me it looks fake.

I'm sorry.
not

:troll:

Also, I found this to be amusing and interesting.

I hope no one gets offended by this
Irrelevant to your post but I'm sharing this as it has Ness and a pun

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
We should at least know that Robin's D-Throw into Up-Air isn't guaranteed like what the Hoo Haa was.

It'll be similar to ZSS and Sheik's 50/50 situation where you have to wait for the attack and it depends if the Levin Swird is active.

I still believe D-Throw into D-Smash while waiting on the air dodge is very effective.

Even then he's still mid tier. Still not better than :4feroy: but better than the other FE characters.

I'll put him on the same level as :4falco::4lucario::4pacman::4dedede::4bowser::4littlemac:&:4wiifit:
No, it is in fact guaranteed past certain percents.

D

Deleted member

I want to stay, especially since I like Robin, but I just feel like I don't belong, like I feel like a nuisance so that's why I don't post a lot and when I do I feel ignored.

It took a lot of courage for me to come out with that.
I feel like I get ignored sometimes and feel left out in conversations. Y'all are so much more knowledgeable in things than I, whether it be FE or Smash. I'm afraid to post because either 1, I'll get ignored or 2, I'll sound like an idiot and embarrass myself. It also doesn't help I don't have many people to talk to either. D:

Haha we can feel that way together then. But you are much more liked than me. :3
Sanae noooooooooooooooo

I'd miss you though.

Sanaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Hi dear! :secretkpop:

Good you liked.:cheep:

Also, I liked Robin's buffs this time, even if his grab range is still terrible for me
Not something too op, but extremely useful, that makes grabbing with Robin actually more worthwhile:happysheep:

and it seems like Ness got a minor buff again. I thought it was placebo at first, but just confirmed that his Dair connects better now. Not that it makes him more op, mind you, His Dair is still one of Ness worst moves, imo. The rest is untouched.

Also, Sheik's Fair was nerfed, which is good.
Thanks alot then.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
It took a lot of courage for me to come out with that.
I feel like I get ignored sometimes and feel left out in conversations. Y'all are so much more knowledgeable in things than I, whether it be FE or Smash. I'm afraid to post because either 1, I'll get ignored or 2, I'll sound like an idiot and embarrass myself. It also doesn't help I don't have many people to talk to either. D:
Aw, don't be like that. D: I know how it feels to be left out of conversations out of fear that you might embarrass yourself (I myself am socially awkward in real life), but don't get the wrong idea that you have to know everything about playing Smash in order to come here. I will never reach the levels of playing as Robin like False Sense or Raziek, but I still keep at it while playing as her because I love Fire Emblem. Heck, I don't even like Fire Emblem Awakening that much myself, and yet I still come here because I've met so many friends here since I first came here in early 2014. It just takes time to be able to know everyone here and talk with them. And you know what, I think I like you already. :D

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I haven't. I'd rather not embarrass myself or others with my terrible skills anyway.
They call me the Tilt Master cuz I go on tilt faster than a kid playing LoL who just got ganked by a Riven.

Nah, I'm kidding. Splatoon on the other hand. >.>... But whenever I play with people I always get bodied. I don't really mind since I'm a masochist (I mean, why else would I play Roy in Melee?), but I go in every match with the mindset of "Yeah, I'm here to learn". And trust me, the more you play, whether you win or lose, the more you'll improve.

I used to feel embarrassed myself, but what helps for me is that I imagine my opponent (at least for the time being during the match) as a tough CPU. I don't think one second that there's a human behind the character, and go in the match with the mindset of learning and playing the best I can. And that's the only thing I focus on. If I do an embarrassing mistake, I don't think too much of it (aside from taking note what I did wrong), and continue. Basically, you have to be so zen you can make weak minds crumble at your potent thoughts! :p

I find it less embarrassing playing with people I know rather than on FG and it seems like people love to give critiques, so that's a plus if you do decide to have some matches with people here. In the end, Smash should be a fun game. And if you're having fun, then that's a good sign.

Just thought I'd offer some advice (although I'm late), even if it may not help that much.

I do need some practice against Robin since I find myself doing poor against projectile characters, but maybe later since I'm busy today.

Last edited:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
GGs @ Zantetsugun Zantetsugun I've got to go for now. I had a lot of fun playing your Greninja though! If you ever want to pay again, just say the word! I usually don't like giving advice since I don't feel like I should, but if you were to want feedback from this let me know! Feel free to give me some if you want too!

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
GGs @ Zantetsugun Zantetsugun I've got to go for now. I had a lot of fun playing your Greninja though! If you ever want to pay again, just say the word! I usually don't like giving advice so I don't feel like I should, but if you were to want feedback from this let me know! Feel free to give me some if you want too!
Thanks, those were some really fun games! You threw everything but the kitchen sink at me character wise! :chuckle:
Feel free to give me any advice if you want, but you don't have to if you don't want to.

I'm not the best at giving advice, but one thing I did notice is that whenever I used shurikens on your Palutena, you would start to instinctively throw out reflects afterward, letting me run in and get some good damage on you. Just something to be aware of.

Also I have to ask, what were you going for with that offstage shoryuken disrespect on battlefield? :awesome::4ryu:

Nah

Smash Champion
@ Wintropy Wintropy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX51T-EipOo

It's so good

I just got to this battle today, but you can't really appreciate it fully in-battle because you're focused on not getting annihilated by 2 powerful warriors. Dunno how the hell I'm supposed to beat them, but I suppose I'll just have to go at it again tomorrow and see

Also I have to ask, what were you going for with that offstage shoryuken disrespect on battlefield? :awesome::4ryu:
He mains :4falcon:. Going for the offstage disrespect is in his blood :laugh:

Nameless Nothingness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
pinkpallin
3DS FC
3995-6837-1215
@ Wintropy Wintropy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX51T-EipOo

It's so good

I just got to this battle today, but you can't really appreciate it fully in-battle because you're focused on not getting annihilated by 2 powerful warriors. Dunno how the hell I'm supposed to beat them, but I suppose I'll just have to go at it again tomorrow and see

*Playing against Cardinal, between two matches*
Oh, a youtube link! *clicks*
*Match starts*
*MUSIC STARTS*
OMG HIGH VOLUME IS HIGH

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Thanks, those were some really fun games! You threw everything but the kitchen sink at me character wise! :chuckle:
Feel free to give me any advice if you want, but you don't have to if you don't want to.

I'm not the best at giving advice, but one thing I did notice is that whenever I used shurikens on your Palutena, you would start to instinctively throw out reflects afterward, letting me run in and get some good damage on you. Just something to be aware of.

Ehehe, I have too much fun with a lot of characters! :') I do have to ask though, what did you think of my Ness? I tried to not be a typical Ness (PK fire and backthrow) and I'd like to know how you think I did with that!

I'm not sure how Greninja works fully, but I did notice there were a lot of chances you could have countered but didn't. And the times you did counter seemed random. Just my two cents.

Aah, I kept thinking you would use them trying to get back on stage. and then you'd swoop in with an aerial and boop I was gone. Thanks! I'll try to be more aware of that.

EHEHEHE, well basically what happened was:

GUILTY AS CHARGED :') I got punished hard for it though

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Good job @ Nameless Nothingness Nameless Nothingness . You improved quite a bit since the last we fought, which wasn't even that long ago. Some of your bad habits sill persist from the last time though, mainly you often throwing out laggy moves. Just because you can press the A button, doesn't mean you have to.

Also, today has been a terrible reminder to me that, probably as a result of using speed thunder so much, I actually suck with default Arcthunder, lol. Gonna have to fix that soon.

Nameless Nothingness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
pinkpallin
3DS FC
3995-6837-1215
Good job @ Nameless Nothingness Nameless Nothingness . You improved quite a bit since the last we fought, which wasn't even that long ago. Some of your bad habits sill persist from the last time though, mainly you often throwing out laggy moves. Just because you can press the A button, doesn't mean you have to.

Also, today has been a terrible reminder to me that, probably as a result of using speed thunder so much, I actually suck with default Arcthunder, lol. Gonna have to fix that soon.
I found this bad habit of mine today, battling against Matsushi. I don't know how to fix that. I feel a bit like Owain.
My hand... hungers! I MUST press that button!

Also, today I missclicked side b like five time. Why does Aether off stage even exist?

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I found this bad habit of mine today, battling against Matsushi. I don't know how to fix that. I feel a bit like Owain.
My hand... hungers! I MUST press that button!

Also, today I missclicked side b like five time. Why does Aether off stage even exist?
Same thing happened to me today actually but with side b instead up b. Worst part is, I don't know if it's legitimately an execution error on my part or the lag/latency not reading my up input before my forward input. I despise my internet so much right now.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Ehehe, I have too much fun with a lot of characters! :') I do have to ask though, what did you think of my Ness? I tried to not be a typical Ness (PK fire and backthrow) and I'd like to know how you think I did with that!

I'm not sure how Greninja works fully, but I did notice there were a lot of chances you could have countered but didn't. And the times you did counter seemed random. Just my two cents.

Aah, I kept thinking you would use them trying to get back on stage. and then you'd swoop in with an aerial and boop I was gone. Thanks! I'll try to be more aware of that.

EHEHEHE, well basically what happened was:

GUILTY AS CHARGED :') I got punished hard for it though
Yeah your Ness was pretty fresh, it didn't feel to cookie-cutter at all.

I'm not the best at timing my counters, so that's something I've been trying to work on. Honestly though I very rarely use substitute with Greninja. :substitute:

Haha, yeah that more or less won me the match! :joyful:

Top Bottom