• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

D

Deleted member

Sanae noooooooooooooooo

I'd miss you though.

Sanaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
It's okay, I'm staying. :3

Aw, don't be like that. D: I know how it feels to be left out of conversations out of fear that you might embarrass yourself (I myself am socially awkward in real life), but don't get the wrong idea that you have to know everything about playing Smash in order to come here. I will never reach the levels of playing as Robin like False Sense or Raziek, but I still keep at it while playing as her because I love Fire Emblem. Heck, I don't even like Fire Emblem Awakening that much myself, and yet I still come here because I've met so many friends here since I first came here in early 2014. It just takes time to be able to know everyone here and talk with them. And you know what, I think I like you already. :D
I'm socially awkward in real life too! So it kinda shows on the internet. And thanks, I think I like you too :3~

They call me the Tilt Master cuz I go on tilt faster than a kid playing LoL who just got ganked by a Riven.

Nah, I'm kidding. Splatoon on the other hand. >.>... But whenever I play with people I always get bodied. I don't really mind since I'm a masochist (I mean, why else would I play Roy in Melee?), but I go in every match with the mindset of "Yeah, I'm here to learn". And trust me, the more you play, whether you win or lose, the more you'll improve.

I used to feel embarrassed myself, but what helps for me is that I imagine my opponent (at least for the time being during the match) as a tough CPU. I don't think one second that there's a human behind the character, and go in the match with the mindset of learning and playing the best I can. And that's the only thing I focus on. If I do an embarrassing mistake, I don't think too much of it (aside from taking note what I did wrong), and continue. Basically, you have to be so zen you can make weak minds crumble at your potent thoughts! :p

I find it less embarrassing playing with people I know rather than on FG and it seems like people love to give critiques, so that's a plus if you do decide to have some matches with people here. In the end, Smash should be a fun game. And if you're having fun, then that's a good sign.

Just thought I'd offer some advice (although I'm late), even if it may not help that much.

I do need some practice against Robin since I find myself doing poor against projectile characters, but maybe later since I'm busy today.
Thanks for the advice! As long as I'm having fun it shouldn't matter. I really want to improve on my Marth and Roy, and heck, even Robin since I hear his/her d-throw is amazing now.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Man, I just realized how battle-heavy the thread has been today! So many bonds of friendship forged in the fires of Smash!!!

It's just so...... beautiful and magical......

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Man, I just realized how battle-heavy the thread has been today! So many bonds of friendship forged in the fires of Smash!!!

It's just so...... beautiful and magical......

Imma start calling you Sansa...

:troll:

Last edited:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Anyone want to smash?

Tourney mode made me sad.
Why are they only FFAs where are the salty 1v1s :substitute:
Sometimes they are to easy. People don't understand the term ONE VS. ONE! Plus they use items and when customs is on they use equipment and its just...,MAKES ME MAD!

I won 3 in a row. At least they know how to determine a match when times up.

D

Deleted member

I hear Tourney mode has no offline functionality. If that's the case, then I'm not hyped for it at all.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Tourney Mode not having offline capabilities is just a wasted opportunity. Hopefully Tournament Mode isn't like that (unless that's what Tourney Mode is supposed to be?).

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Sorry to drop in unannounced like that, @Raziek. Thanks for humoring me with those matches. Think I can learn some new tactics from those. :bee:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I'm willing to sit around for a couple more minutes, but if I don't get more people, I'm not going to stream...

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
Sorry Chapter Serf I'm busying watching games done quick. Tell me when you get to the Saint Johns mission though. Also Robin's buffs are fun to play with. I had a Robin ditto today on FG, that was nice.

Last edited:

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
I understand so much. He's just such a scary character, particularly on wi-fi because punishing his moves in lag is hell.
Also, guess who's back~

@ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A
Playing as Robin against him is generally a pain. Lag doesn't help at all. I mean it's not too hard depending who you play, but it's typically annoying on Roll Glory.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I understand so much. He's just such a scary character, particularly on wi-fi because punishing his moves in lag is hell.
Also, guess who's back~

@ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A
Avert thine eyes, children.

That look scares the bravest of tacticians away.

Aside from, of course, missiles and charge shots.

Last edited:
NNID
evenet2013
3DS FC
1005-8775-7263
Playing as Robin against him is generally a pain. Lag doesn't help at all. I mean it's not too hard depending who you play, but it's typically annoying on Roll Glory.
It isn't a horrible matchup for BowJow because of my disjoints, mainly f-air. Off-stage, I'm basically screwed.

Matsushi

True Blood
You have to be really precise in order to punish him, but it's quite difficult doing so in laggy conditions.
Avert thine eyes, children.

That look scares the bravest of tacticians away.

Aside from, of course, missiles and charge shots.

"HNMNNNNG I NEED MORE WHATS THE NEXT SPEEDY RECIPE FOR SPEED IN THIS BOOK *snorts*"
I died at "avert thine eyes". :halfsheep:

Top Bottom