• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It took a lot of courage for me to come out with that.
I feel like I get ignored sometimes and feel left out in conversations. Y'all are so much more knowledgeable in things than I, whether it be FE or Smash. I'm afraid to post because either 1, I'll get ignored or 2, I'll sound like an idiot and embarrass myself. It also doesn't help I don't have many people to talk to either. D:
You should never feel like that. Or, at least, you shouldn't ought to feel like that.

If you want to talk, talk! Nobody's gonna shun you or tell you that you don't fit in. We're all friends here. Even if you don't understand what you're saying, get involved anyway - you never know what you might pick up on! Or just start your own thread of conversation. You needn't feel beholden to discuss what we're discussing.

Trust me, dear, this is definitely among the most civil, friendly, open-minded and expressive communities on the forum. I can't speak for everybody when I say this, but I think it'd be fair to say others share the sentiment: you belong if you want to~ :3

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Man that D-Throw is working wonders!
IT'S SO MUCH FUN TO USE.

I just finished up a For Glory match where I successfully pulled off the D-Throw -> Arcthunder -> Nosferatu combo. This new throw has so many applications! :awesome:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Also who pranked me LMAO not that I'm complaining since I love Purple?
Hi dear! :secretkpop:

Good you liked.:cheep:

Also, I liked Robin's buffs this time, even if his grab range is still terrible for me
Not something too op, but extremely useful, that makes grabbing with Robin actually more worthwhile:happysheep:

and it seems like Ness got a minor buff again. I thought it was placebo at first, but just confirmed that his Dair connects better now. Not that it makes him more op, mind you, His Dair is still one of Ness worst moves, imo. The rest is untouched.

Also, Sheik's Fair was nerfed, which is good.

Nameless Nothingness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
pinkpallin
3DS FC
3995-6837-1215
GGs, @ Matsushi Matsushi . I had a lot of fun.
I want to stay, especially since I like Robin, but I just feel like I don't belong, like I feel like a nuisance so that's why I don't post a lot and when I do I feel ignored.

I feel like I get ignored sometimes and feel left out in conversations. Y'all are so much more knowledgeable in things than I, whether it be FE or Smash. I'm afraid to post because either 1, I'll get ignored or 2, I'll sound like an idiot and embarrass myself. It also doesn't help I don't have many people to talk to either. D:

Haha we can feel that way together then. But you are much more liked than me. :3
I got 566 likes, you got 1044.
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID!

D

Deleted member

You should never feel like that. Or, at least, you shouldn't ought to feel like that.

If you want to talk, talk! Nobody's gonna shun you or tell you that you don't fit in. We're all friends here. Even if you don't understand what you're saying, get involved anyway - you never know what you might pick up on! Or just start your own thread of conversation. You needn't feel beholden to discuss what we're discussing.

Trust me, dear, this is definitely among the most civil, friendly, open-minded and expressive communities on the forum. I can't speak for everybody when I say this, but I think it'd be fair to say others share the sentiment: you belong if you want to~ :3
Thanks, I never looked at it that way. I suppose I was being a bit too hard on myself. It also doesn't help that I've been feeling quite bitter today due to personal problems so I pretty much took out all my anger and frustrations out on the internet.

All in all, I just feel like the Kellam of this social. You have cheered me up a little bit though so I thank you for that. :3

GGs, @ Matsushi Matsushi . I had a lot of fun.

I got 566 likes, you got 1044.
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID!
I signed up in February, you signed up just this month. c':
But you already got more class and style~
I have no grace, and a funny face. :4dk:

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Now that I think about it @Sanae, have you played any games with any of us before? I honestly don't remember you doing so. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

D

Deleted member

Now that I think about it @Sanae, have you played any games with any of us before? I honestly don't remember you doing so. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I haven't. I'd rather not embarrass myself or others with my terrible skills anyway.

Nah

Smash Champion
I haven't. I'd rather not embarrass myself or others with my terrible skills anyway.
Aw I don't think that you need to worry about that. We all can just do matches for funsies.

Besides, at least we can give each other advice and stuff afterwards too to get better. Idk about you, but I kinda enjoy(ed) getting my ass beat by Soulless and Raz because of that.

Nameless Nothingness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
pinkpallin
3DS FC
3995-6837-1215
Good games, my friend! Your Ike has a lot of potential~ :3
POTENTIAL.... yes, maybe I've got some potential in my pockets. Maybe. But I can't do anything with just some potential.
Thanks, I never looked at it that way. I suppose I was being a bit too hard on myself. It also doesn't help that I've been feeling quite bitter today due to personal problems so I pretty much took out all my anger and frustrations out on the internet.

All in all, I just feel like the Kellam of this social. You have cheered me up a little bit though so I thank you for that. :3

I signed up in February, you signed up just this month. c':
But you already got more class and style~
I have no grace, and a funny face. :4dk:
HOLD IT!
Funny faces are alright to me, and I haven't got more class and style than you. But I have no grace. :c

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Sanae, I'll be blunt, that's the wrong attitude to have. So assuming you're even right about your skills, you're bad at a video game. So what? The point of playing with us is often just to have fun. I'm sure many of us, including me (especially since you use Marth), want to be able to play with you. One of the quicker ways to establish deeper relationships with other users and feel more apart of this community is to, well, play the game with us.

Irrelevant thought, but I just noticed that the way the tacticians found in FE7(Blazing Sword) and Awakening are similar in the way that they are both found unconscious on the ground
#justrandomthoughts

Also @ Nah Nah

Elezir

I want to stay, especially since I like Robin, but I just feel like I don't belong, like I feel like a nuisance so that's why I don't post a lot and when I do I feel ignored.

Haha we can feel that way together then. But you are much more liked than me. :3
I'm sorry you feel that way, dear.:sadsheep:

As @ Wintropy Wintropy already said, though, you shouldn't feel afraid of trying to enter a conversation. I can say I felt like you when I started posting here, and most of the time I post in other threads or even irl, when talking to friends I haven't seen in a long time or new people. It doesn't stop me from trying, and sooner or later I get what's going on.
Also, don't be embarassed of saying something, as dumb as it may sound. This thread is pretty accepting and understanding:cheep:Same goes about Smash itself. You can only get good by playing against other people, and folk in this thread are particulary nice about letting you know about your mistakes, so you can correct them.
Everyone has to start somewhere.
If you don't feel like playing the game competitively and don't particulary care about your competitive skills, then it's ok, too. We can always play for fun.

Just don't hold regrets about stuff you could've done but didn't because you were afraid of embarassement.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Well I've had my fill of waiting ten minutes for a tourney only to get bodied first match.

Just kidding tourney mode is fun.

But damn the signups take forever.

Who's up for friendlies~? :3

D

Deleted member

Aw I don't think that you need to worry about that. We all can just do matches for funsies.

Besides, at least we can give each other advice and stuff afterwards too to get better. Idk about you, but I kinda enjoy(ed) getting my *** beat by Soulless and Raz because of that.
Thanks. I've just been wary of stuff like that because back when I used to play Mario Kart, everyone in my clan was better than me. They didn't care how bad I was but I kinda did. x.x

Well, there is always room for improvement.
Thank you. o:

HOLD IT!
Funny faces are alright to me, and I haven't got more class and style than you. But I have no grace. :c
LOL xD You made a day a bit better so I thank you for that~ And you are plenty graceful.

Sanae, I'll be blunt, that's the wrong attitude to have. So assuming you're even right about your skills, you're bad at a video game. So what? The point of playing with us is often just to have fun. I'm sure many of us, including me (especially since you use Marth), want to be able to play with you. One of the quicker ways to establish deeper relationships with other users and feel more apart of this community is to, well, play the game with us.
Well geez, sorry. I've just been having an off day due to personal problems so sorry if I come off a bit rude.

Don't make me laugh. I played about 50 (???) matches against Matsushi.
And I didn't win once.
BUT I HAD A LOT OF FUN!
That reminds me of when I 1v1 with my boyfriend. I never win once. xD
So that's another reason why i'm wary to play with others. I'm afraid they're all pr0 material like my boyfriend who JV stocks me literally D:

I'm sorry you feel that way, dear.:sadsheep:

As @ Wintropy Wintropy already said, though, you shouldn't feel afraid of trying to enter a conversation. I can say I felt like you when I started posting here, and most of the time I post in other threads or even irl, when talking to friends I haven't seen in a long time or new people. It doesn't stop me from trying, and sooner or later I get what's going on.
Also, don't be embarassed of saying something, as dumb as it may sound. This thread is pretty accepting and understanding:cheep:Same goes about Smash itself. You can only get good by playing against other people, and folk in this thread are particulary nice about letting you know about your mistakes, so you can correct them.
Everyone has to start somewhere.
If you don't feel like playing the game competitively and don't particulary care about your competitive skills, then it's ok, too. We can always play for fun.

Just don't hold regrets about stuff you could've done but didn't because you were afraid of embarassement.
Thank you for your kind words. I'm definitely going to try to post in this thread more because I don't want to not post ever as this is one of the few socials I feel somewhat comfortable in. And I definitely want to get better at Smash. I've been having a bit of a 'main' crisis though xD

Last edited by a moderator:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Well I've had my fill of waiting ten minutes for a tourney only to get bodied first match.

Just kidding tourney mode is fun.

But damn the signups take forever.

Who's up for friendlies~? :3
I'm up for a few games.

Matsushi

True Blood
I hate to sound emo especially since it's against everything I stand for but sometimes I feel like I don't belong in this thread. :/
//late
Aw, it's fine! It's completely natural to feel as though you don't belong, whether it'd be a social thread or a friendship circle. Heck, I've felt like this numerous times before, specifically during my childhood period. However, the reality of it is, everyone does appreciate you being here, but it's simply a voice in your head telling you otherwise.

And on a more personal level, I certainly appreciate you and I feel as though you do belong in this thread! This social in particular is just so welcoming (I remember coming here for the first time a few months back and I was quaking in my socks) but everyone made me feel at home, it was quite heart-warming. So yeah, get involved, don't feel frightened to speak because we won't shun you, nor will we think you're a nuisance to this thread~ <3
Noooooo, don't say that. Not only are we open to giving out constructive criticism, playing with us and other people is essentially the best way to get better! And seriously, what is there to be embarrassed about in Smash? Nothing really~
Don't make me laugh. I played about 50 (???) matches against Matsushi.
And I didn't win once.
BUT I HAD A LOT OF FUN!
you did win one match :awesome:
But indeeeeeeeeeeed, I had lots of fun too! Also, I do hope you learned from them~

Last edited:

Elezir

Hnng cliche.
See, @Sanae, even though my English is a misspeling disaster, I haven't stopped posting out of embarassement or anything like that.
If anything, sometimes I feel tempted to write stuff wrong on purporse just to see Liquid cringe:troll:

Either way, thanks dear liquid.:cheep:This kind of stuff happens a lot with expressions.

Nameless Nothingness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
pinkpallin
3DS FC
3995-6837-1215
//late
Aw, it's fine! It's completely natural to feel as though you don't belong, whether it'd be a social thread or a friendship circle. Heck, I've felt like this numerous times before, specifically during my childhood period. However, the reality of it is, everyone does appreciate you being here, but it's simply a voice in your head telling you otherwise.

And on a more personal level, I certainly appreciate you and I feel as though you do belong in this thread! This social in particular is just so welcoming (I remember coming here for the first time a few months back and I was quaking in my socks) but everyone made me feel at home, it was quite heart-warming. So yeah, get involved, don't feel frightened to speak because we won't shun you, nor will we think you're a nuisance to this thread~ <3

Noooooo, don't say that. Not only are we open to giving out constructive criticism, playing with us and other people is essentially the best way to get betetr! And seriously, what is there to be embarrassed about in Smash? Nothing really~

you did win one match :awesome:
But indeeeeeeeeeeed, I had lots of fun too! Also, I do hope you learned from them~
I won a match? :cheep:
When? I can't remember.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Well geez, sorry. I've just been having an off day due to personal problems so sorry if I come off a bit rude.
D
Don't worry, you didn't come off as rude. I also apologize if I came off as strong. I wrote that with a more gentle voice in mind but you obviously can't hear that, haha. But my point still stands. I mean, look at all the people who wants to play right now. You sure you don't want in?

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Been a while since I've been here. I'm going to assume you're all enjoying those Robin buffs.

As for me, I really like the King K. Rool costume.

It's no replacement for the King himself, but the costume itself sure is great.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Does no Robin main want to fight me? :sadsheep:

See, @Sanae, even though my English is a misspeling disaster, I haven't stopped posting out of embarassement or anything like that.
If anything, sometimes I feel tempted to write stuff wrong on purporse just to see Liquid cringe:troll:

Either way, thanks dear liquid.:cheep:This kind of stuff happens a lot with expressions.
But I don't cringe when I was asked to do it. :estatic:

D

Deleted member

//late

Noooooo, don't say that. Not only are we open to giving out constructive criticism, playing with us and other people is essentially the best way to get better! And seriously, what is there to be embarrassed about in Smash? Nothing really~
Aw, thank you for your kind words. It truly is refreshing to hear that, especially with the crummy day I've had today. <3~

I definitely do wanna get better, especially with my Marth and Roy~ And Robin too~

Don't worry, you didn't come off as rude. I also apologize if I came off as strong. I wrote that with a more gentle voice in mind but you obviously can't hear that, haha. But my point still stands. I mean, look at all the people who wants to play right now. You sure you don't want in?
It's all good. I can't play at the moment since I'm going to eat soon but I'll probably play with yall later today <3

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP

But I don't cringe when I was asked to do it. :estatic:
I'll play you. I'm currently in a crisis of whether I should use default thunder or speed thunder since the buffs only apply to default now so this should help. Just give me a bit.

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
I feel like Morgan trying to remember his mother.
WELL, I remember it quite vividly. :3
I'll fight u. (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง
EDIT: :4greninja:'d
Aw, thank you for your kind words. It truly is refreshing to hear that, especially with the crummy day I've had today. <3~

I definitely do wanna get better, especially with my Marth and Roy~ And Robin too~
That's splendid to hear!

As generic as this sounds, practice makes perfect!

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'll play you. I'm currently in a crisis of whether I should use default thunder or speed thunder since the buffs only apply to default now so this should help. Just give me a bit.
I'll be on in a second.

Sorry @ Matsushi Matsushi , but if you're still around once I play Cardinal I'll move on to you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom