• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Out of those characters I guess I'd pick Falco, but I don't think I need to pick up another character. I'm not sure what Falco would be able to do that Robin couldn't outside of have a reflector and a more spammable projectile.
Falco can fair through the rocket in the air with a well place jump and timing if the villager fires one off in the incorrect time. Also because of reflector when spaced right and lasers to annoy and cause of this Villager has to be creative with approaching and can force Villager to approach which Falco has a better up close game with jab and tilts but if Villager learns how to DI outta jab finisher you can eat a turnip. Falco wants to stay grounded alot in the MU if your above villager or off stage vs him your gonna be hurting. This MU is boring as all hell though on both sides though.

Nah

Smash Champion
HOW DO YOU FIGHT THIS THING???!!?!!! :4yoshi::4yoshi::4yoshi::4yoshi::4yoshi:
Ya gotta be patient with Yoshi. You also gotta be really careful about engaging him in the air, since his aerials are arguably even more ridiculous than ours and he's got super armor on his double jump. I never really try to engage him offstage because of that. Little easier to deal with Yoshi on the ground since his ground moves aren't so bad to deal with.

**** Yoshi's eggs tho
But the real question is how do you deal with :4link::4tlink:

D

Deleted member

But the real question is how do you deal with :4link::4tlink:
Powershielding and then don't stay in shield while doing so long enough to get grabbed.

Also don't challenge Dair unless you have a really good disjoint and don't try to airdodge through :4link:'s Uair, that thing is Frametrapping 101.

Respect the bombs too and so long as Gale Boomerang is moving forwards it can still hit you so don't drop shield just because it starts to slow down.

D

Deleted member

Hmm... this image is missing a couple of things...

I love Lythero.
Who doesn't?

Tonight is gonna be good
Have a good time! :)

I can't wait to see how NoA handles Fire Emblem Fates.

The infamous towel that makes everything more lewd.
...I'm surprised that is not a meme.

EDIT: Oh! And happy Canada Day for all of you Canadians! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think you know you're too excited for the new Fire Emblem game.
When you get up at 3AM, see a little bit of soda in the fridge...
And reach in with one hand while saying "YOU ARE MY SODA NOW"

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I think after the whole backlash over the Summer Scramble DLC with Thraja, I actually think they'll won't censor at all and just be a clean translation. I doubt FE Fates will be messed with too much.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I think after the whole backlash over the Summer Scramble DLC with Thraja, I actually think they'll won't censor at all and just be a clean translation. I doubt FE Fates will be messed with too much.
I'm pretty sure a couple things may get censored or changed. Not to mention there's apparently a Support Conversation that alot of people want changed.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Which one is that?
Soleil X M!Kamui. It's here if you wish to read.
http://pastebin.com/bgQC0yEa
I didn't think it was as bad as people were claiming it, but I can understand why they would feel offended with this one and I think it could've been handled better. I can easily see that Support being changed because of how people over here view the action that Kamui did.

Edit:
I sped-typed earlier, but had a hard time find which words to type. Basically, what I'm saying is that while Kamui's intent was good and what he gave her was rather silly, what he did though still is why I understand why people would get upset.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Yo @Delta Fist Just got done watching the MM( couldn't earlier cause errands) but man I enjoyed that match and I didn't realize the Kiest voice till after the match was over lmao.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I didn't think it was as bad as people were claiming it, but I can understand why they would feel offended with this one and I think it could've been handled better. I can easily see that Support being changed because of how people over here view the action that Kamui did.

Edit:
I sped-typed earlier, but had a hard time find which words to type. Basically, what I'm saying is that while Kamui's intent was good and what he gave her was rather silly, what he did though still is why I understand why people would get upset.
So basically Kamui roofied Soleil? Yeah I can understand people wanting that to be changed. Makes M! Kamui seem like kind of a creeper.

Also have some music to jam to when your slaying it in Smash.

D

Deleted member

As much as it pains me I think I'm going to finally leave Dorcas behind (At Chapter 25 ;_; )

Which is a shame because I kept hoping that he wouldn't get robbed by the RNG at every level up, but he did.

It sucks in particular because I took the time to raise him all the way to level 14, but Bartre (who as at the same level) just hits so much harder and only has like 1 less point in Skill and more Speed.

Same for Dart, who is actually only 13, and wreaks absolute havoc since I remedied his Constitution problems with a Body Ring.

Bartre has 16 strength, Dart also has 16 strength and has like 11 speed, he also has like 10 skill which is absurd given that his Skill Growth Rate is only 20%.

Also I don't think I've mentioned here that Sain is literally a monster, level 14 with 19 Strength, making him my heaviest hitter (stronger than Hawkeye, lol) and his speed and skill have gotten to the point that they're actually both higher than Kent's who is at level 13 and close to 14, barring Defense (lowly 6 for Sain, 9 for Kent), Sain outclasses him right now, and poor Lowen hasn't had anything spectacular for awhile aside from his Defense growth which sits at 11 at level 13.

And of course Hector is God, 16 Defense 15 Strength 14 Speed 12 Skill at level 17.

So is Matthew, maxed out Speed (20), 13 Skill, 10 Strength and 10 Defense (somehow it's that high, I have no idea unless I gave him a Dracoshield sometime ago). And he has an A support with Guy who is also becoming a beast so if they're both out they just don't get hit ever.

Also somehow I'm the only user viewing the thread atm, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

Edit:
Oh, that one.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
So I've been playing Nohr path. Am up to C.10.

Oh my god I love this game.

The map variety in Nohr kicks Awakening's ass, and the difficulty is JUST RIGHT. You have to actually PLAN, and there are costs/benefits to O.Stance vs. D.Stance and omg its so good.

I also already rushed to S support with Jakob because Jakob is carrying me. Literally. Straight from the battlefield into the bedroom, Jakob carries Kamui the whole way.

Kids are still accessed via Paralogue. Marrying Jakob gets me access to Kanna and Dia immediately. The paralogues don't look TOO difficult, but they have a handful of L. 1-2 promoted units, and I can't fill their unit capacity (I have room for like 3 more units?) so I'm holding off on trying to brute force them immediately. Going to finish C.10, which will give me Camilla, Belka and Luna to work with as well, then I should be able to attempt it.

God damn this game is amazing.

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651
I really hope that FE Fates localization doesn't get a lot of censorship but still, we're talking about Nintendo so who knows, the only thing that is left to do is wait.

And reading all this social thread just hypes me more for FE Fates but I can't play it because I don't have a Japanese 3DS nor I can't read Kanji or understand a bit of Japanese, so I think I'll just avoid every spoiler...if I can resist...

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
So I've been playing Nohr path. Am up to C.10.

Oh my god I love this game.

The map variety in Nohr kicks Awakening's ***, and the difficulty is JUST RIGHT. You have to actually PLAN, and there are costs/benefits to O.Stance vs. D.Stance and omg its so good.

I also already rushed to S support with Jakob because Jakob is carrying me. Literally. Straight from the battlefield into the bedroom, Jakob carries Kamui the whole way.

Kids are still accessed via Paralogue. Marrying Jakob gets me access to Kanna and Dia immediately. The paralogues don't look TOO difficult, but they have a handful of L. 1-2 promoted units, and I can't fill their unit capacity (I have room for like 3 more units?) so I'm holding off on trying to brute force them immediately. Going to finish C.10, which will give me Camilla, Belka and Luna to work with as well, then I should be able to attempt it.

God damn this game is amazing.
I'm just gonna go sit over here seething with jealousy, lol.

How much time have you put into the game so far? Does it feel like a nice, lengthy campaign so far?

Also are the battlefield terrain changes that we saw in some of the trailers (such as Kamui building a bridge of stone or Camilla drying up a river) scripted events or actual strategies you the player can employ?

So I was browsing "Greninja pectorals" in google for good 'ol Fullmoon (Don't ask :secretkpop:) and I found this puppy
I think this is the Ultimate Tactician's way of saying I should visit more often.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm just gonna go sit over here seething with jealousy, lol.

How much time have you put into the game so far? Does it feel like a nice, lengthy campaign so far?

Also are the battlefield terrain changes that we saw in some of the trailers (such as Kamui building a bridge of stone or Camilla drying up a river) scripted events or actual strategies you the player can employ?
I've put in about 10 hours so far. I have no idea how length the campaign is going to be,

The battlefield terrain changes are based on 'trigger points', so to speak. They're context-sensitive squares that will activate a specific effect. You can't choose what they do.

For example: In one chapter, you can thaw a frozen lake for a turn, which strands any units currently crossing it, giving you more time to reach the villages you're encouraged to save.

In another, you can collapse the ceiling of a fort, dealing HEAVY damage to all units under the collapse zone.

The chapter I'm currently on doesn't have one, but it does have a few ballistae, and an interesting 'magic ballistae', which is like a control orb that can only be manipulated by mages.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I've put in about 10 hours so far. I have no idea how length the campaign is going to be,

The battlefield terrain changes are based on 'trigger points', so to speak. They're context-sensitive squares that will activate a specific effect. You can't choose what they do.

For example: In one chapter, you can thaw a frozen lake for a turn, which strands any units currently crossing it, giving you more time to reach the villages you're encouraged to save.

In another, you can collapse the ceiling of a fort, dealing HEAVY damage to all units under the collapse zone.

The chapter I'm currently on doesn't have one, but it does have a few ballistae, and an interesting 'magic ballistae', which is like a control orb that can only be manipulated by mages.
Is the game as dark as it sounds?

I'm so glad there is some map variety. Awakening's maps were so awful. Of course Hoshido is basically Awakening 2 right?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Is the game as dark as it sounds?

I'm so glad there is some map variety. Awakening's maps were so awful. Of course Hoshido is basically Awakening 2 right?
Dark? So far I wouldn't really know. Somewhat?

Keep in mind I cannot read any dialogue, so I'm limited to stuff that needs no context and making inferences based on facial expressions, sounds, and recognizing common phrases audibly. (Like when someone says sorry or something)

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Dear god.

Chapter 10 was this unbelievable onslaught where you have to defend a port from three main paths. I thought I would eventually have to defeat the boss, but was just barely clinging on to surviving the waves of reinforcements.

....and then the chapter ended. Turns out it was a survive requirement. Thank JESUS.

Top Bottom