• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Dear god.

Chapter 10 was this unbelievable onslaught where you have to defend a port from three main paths. I thought I would eventually have to defeat the boss, but was just barely clinging on to surviving the waves of reinforcements.

....and then the chapter ended. Turns out it was a survive requirement. Thank JESUS.
3-13 archer mode activated?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
3-13 archer mode activated?
The chapter actually felt ABOUT THAT HARD. Maybe a little harder.

There aren't any NPCs to help you. There are only the aforementioned ballistae+magic ballistae and your own units. And it's like 10 turns defense or something.

And the enemies don't screw around. Huge variety. Ninjas that debuff you, Lance users, Axe users, Pegs, Archers, the works. Only lacking in Sword users and magic. So freaking hard to deal with. Getting hit by a ninja will take an otherwise crazy durable unit into dangerously low levels of defense.

Haaaaah. That's probably the most refreshingly difficult Fire Emblem level I've played in a LONG long time. That was practically nirvana. I feel so satisfied. Because it was SO HARD, but not QUITE hard enough that it felt like it was just bull****. It felt like I had all the tools to deal with it, as long as I played it smart.

Guys, this is the game we've been waiting for.

Tattles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goldbit
The chapter actually felt ABOUT THAT HARD. Maybe a little harder.

There aren't any NPCs to help you. There are only the aforementioned ballistae+magic ballistae and your own units. And it's like 10 turns defense or something.

And the enemies don't screw around. Huge variety. Ninjas that debuff you, Lance users, Axe users, Pegs, Archers, the works. Only lacking in Sword users and magic. So freaking hard to deal with. Getting hit by a ninja will take an otherwise crazy durable unit into dangerously low levels of defense.

Haaaaah. That's probably the most refreshingly difficult Fire Emblem level I've played in a LONG long time. That was practically nirvana. I feel so satisfied. Because it was SO HARD, but not QUITE hard enough that it felt like it was just bull****. It felt like I had all the tools to deal with it, as long as I played it smart.

Guys, this is the game we've been waiting for.
Yay. Now the "hardcore" Fire Emblem fans will (hopefully) stop complaining about weebola.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yay. Now the "hardcore" Fire Emblem fans will (hopefully) stop complaining about weebola.
Yeah, now they can complain about everything else!
That's hurtful. I don't see the need to attack older fans just because Awakening wasn't what we hoped for. I don't dislike the game by any means but it certainly wasn't what I had come to expect from Fire Emblem. There's no need to mock us, though, is there?

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
That's hurtful. I don't see the need to attack older fans just because Awakening wasn't what we hoped for. I don't dislike the game by any means but it certainly wasn't what I had come to expect from Fire Emblem. There's no need to mock us, though, is there?
I was assuming "hardcore" (+quotes) meant the kind of people who complain at every little thing that's different from their perspective of the "perfect" Fire Emblem game and think that all the casuals from Awakening are ruining the franchise. Basically, I was referring to the caricature.

Nah

Smash Champion
Someone explain this 3-13 archer thing to me. I'm aware it comes from the last Daein chapter in part 3 of Radiant Dawn but otherwise idgi

D

Deleted member

Someone explain this 3-13 archer thing to me. I'm aware it comes from the last Daein chapter in part 3 of Radiant Dawn but otherwise idgi
TL;DR:

He goes in on a number of the enemy units that spawn during the chapter.

(Read: Kills a number of them).

Last edited by a moderator:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The irony of this statement is that your title is NO SYMPATHY ALLOWED.

Thus, [title] between fan bases.

:cheep:

I kid.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Oh dear, Tumblr is growing crazy over the Soleil x Mamui supports.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
On a quick side note
PHOENIX WRIGHT
MAYA
LEON
HASEO
DANTE AND VIRGIL
NATSU
FLYNN
KAGE
STRIDER

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH THIS GAME IS COMPLETELY FANSERVICE BUT EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS IS STILL BEAUTIFUL

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
On a quick side note
PHOENIX WRIGHT
MAYA
LEON
HASEO
DANTE AND VIRGIL
NATSU
FLYNN
KAGE
STRIDER

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH THIS GAME IS COMPLETELY FANSERVICE BUT EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS IS STILL BEAUTIFUL
This game is dead to me.
I saw one Soulcalibur character and it was from Soulcalibur 5. :ohwell:
EDIT: Are solo units playable or are they more like Assist Trophies?

Last edited:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
This game is dead to me.
I saw one Soulcalibur character and it was from Soulcalibur 5. :ohwell:
EDIT: Are solo units playable or are they more like Assist Trophies?
And that's one more than the first one had :x It's not the final roster though, there's more to come, so there's still hope

It's more like Assist trophies, they can be used once a battle, but you can use them every battle, so

I'm otherwise uninterested in the game, but:

must resist
LOL, don't buy it just for them. They don't serve a big place in the plot, and they're really only there because fans were super angry/disappointed they weren't in the first

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
And that's one more than the first one had :x It's not the final roster though, there's more to come, so there's still hope
It's more like Assist trophies, they can be used once a battle, but you can use them every battle, so
I would have taken anyone over Natsu or any of the new SCV characters though. Why not, like, Mitsurugi or Ivy or something?
Game doesn't interest me anyway, though. I just wish Namco cared enough to Soulcalibur to represent it well.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
I would have taken anyone over Natsu or any of the new SCV characters though. Why not, like, Mitsurugi or Ivy or something?
Game doesn't interest me anyway, though. I just wish Namco cared enough to Soulcalibur to represent it well.
If it follows the scheme of the first one, every pair of fighters had a solo unit to pair up with that was considered "canon" minus Ryu and Ken. Since Natsu is in it more than likely confirms a Soulcalibur pair of fighter to go with Natsu. Unless they for some reason change it this game, which I doubt

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Am I the only one that doesn't have a problem with the supposedly controversial Soleil support?

I haven't read the text directly but I've heard about it and it doesn't sound awful.

[collapse=About the support]
I mean if she [Soleil] consents to take this drug that makes all the guys seem like girls, you can't call Kamui a Date Rapist. :|
[/collapse]

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Am I the only one that doesn't have a problem with the supposedly controversial Soleil support?

I haven't read the text directly but I've heard about it and it doesn't sound awful.

I mean if she [Soleil] consents to take this drug that makes all the guys seem like girls, you can't call Kamui a Date Rapist. :|
[/collapse]
Soleil didn't consent to it though. Kamui slips it into her drink without her knowing.

OH SH*T YO! 1,000 POSTS! I have leveled up into a Smash Lord! Now I can star in my own Fire Emblem game!

VICTORY MUSIC!!!!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Soleil didn't consent to it though. Kamui slips it into her drink without her knowing.
:facepalm:

And does Kamui just let things happen after that?

IS y u do dis.

I still want to give Kamui the benefit of the doubt (i.e. that's he's not a date rapist) although
[collapse=Support Spoiler]
It causes Soleil to fall in love with him.
[/collapse]

But whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

I'm not even offended I'm just :facepalm:

Ivander

Smash Legend

[/collapse]
She didn't know about it until it's effects were on her already. Even if she liked it later(and I'll admit, I chuckled at her wanting to see the other guys as girls. Who wouldn't?), doesn't exactly mean that it was right of him to slip it in without her knowing, even if it was for good intentions. If he directly went to her and got her to try it out, it might have been a different story.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
With all the controversy I'm seeing in other parts of the internet, I think it would better to just stop discussing the supports here. There are more important manners to discuss...

LIKE TRUEBLADES CAN FINALLY DUAL WIELD!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If it follows the scheme of the first one, every pair of fighters had a solo unit to pair up with that was considered "canon" minus Ryu and Ken. Since Natsu is in it more than likely confirms a Soulcalibur pair of fighter to go with Natsu. Unless they for some reason change it this game, which I doubt
I was under the impression that specific solo units were tied to each character team and that some of them were tied to unrelated characters (like Natsu).

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
:facepalm:

And does Kamui just let things happen after that?

IS y u do dis.

I still want to give Kamui the benefit of the doubt (i.e. that's he's not a date rapist) although
[collapse=Support Spoiler]
It causes Soleil to fall in love with him.
[/collapse]

But whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

I'm not even offended I'm just :facepalm:
Yeah pretty much.

While Kamui is just trying to help, the way he goes about it is very sketchy.
How did this not make the cut for a potential yuri s-support, this was really cute--

Oh well :^(
Such wasted potential.
With all the controversy I'm seeing in other parts of the internet, I think it would better to just stop discussing the supports here. There are more important manners to discuss...

LIKE TRUEBLADES CAN FINALLY DUAL WIELD!

Damn son! Kazahana's looking like a beast!

Zensor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sebdude198
3DS FC
1289-8462-4385
Guess who just got a Lucina amiibo in my local GAME store.

MY BODY IS REGGIE FOR FATES

PIXELATED 4 U GUYS

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
I was under the impression that specific solo units were tied to each character team and that some of them were tied to unrelated characters (like Natsu).
Nah. Kind of like assist trophies again, solo units can be places with any character pair. She's shown with Strider and Hotsuma in the trailer, but inbetween battles you could easily put her with Ryu and Ken, Phoenix Wright and Maya, X and Zero, etc

Zensor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sebdude198
3DS FC
1289-8462-4385
What kind of game store (and witchcraft) is this?
Blasphemy, am I right!? They've just done an entire re-stock of the older waves in GAME stores in the UK. There were other rare ones such as Little Mac, Marth, Ike and Charizard but I don't have enough, even though they were normal price. :c

Top Bottom