• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I did, but I don't recall what theme played, sorry.
I see. Well, these were the boss themes I was referring to. If you can't recognize them, then I understand. I can always search elsewhere.

D

Deleted member

:4feroy: vs :4lucina: hmmm D:
I like both it's hard to say. *shrugs shoulders*

In other news, look what I got today:

D

Deleted member

If your Erk is doing fine, there's no reason to use Nino. There's also no real reason to use either over Pent, unless Erk got super-blessed.

Nino will give you great results IF you put the time into her, but with Pent already existing as an RNG-proof god, you have to really like Nino from a character perspective to justify allotting the resources to training her.

I did, but I don't recall what theme played, sorry.
I actually haven't used Pent at all, lol.

He's currently serving as storage space.

I have a thing for using the base units I get from start to finish because I like trying to max their stats.

I just made Erk a sage actually and aside from some screwy magic he's doing pretty well, although Lucius kicks his ass still.

I'm kind of annoyed because I'm one Guiding Ring short of being able to promote all of my magic users.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I actually haven't used Pent at all, lol.

He's currently serving as storage space.

I have a thing for using the base units I get from start to finish because I like trying to max their stats.

I just made Erk a sage actually and aside from some screwy magic he's doing pretty well, although Lucius kicks his *** still.

I'm kind of annoyed because I'm one Guiding Ring short of being able to promote all of my magic users.
Pent is better for a few major reasons.

First: Statistical comparison: 20/6 Erk vs. --/6 Pent

HP - 36.6 vs. 33 - Erk wins
Magic - 15.6 vs. 18 - Pent wins
Skill - 15.6 vs. 21 - Pent wins
Speed - 19 vs. 17 - Erk wins
Luck - 10.2 vs. 14 - Pent wins
Def - 9.8 vs. 11 - Pent wins
Res - 14.6 vs. 16 - Pent wins.

Basically, on average, Erk loses almost every stat. Marginal HP lead and a slight speed lead, but Erk will realistically not be 20/6 by the time you get Pent, so that direct comparison is pretty moot. Both Pris and Serra have claim to the Guiding Rings before Erk should get one, and if you're using Canas he probably gets one before Erk does since he's the only Dark user.

Pent also comes with an A in Staves, letting him use Physic. Unlike Erk, who starts at an E in Staves.

Pent also has a free no-effort A-support w. Louise, who is a solid unit in her own right.

Basically, Pent da gawd.

Pent from my last draft run: http://i.imgur.com/fzec7an.jpg Bonus: Louise - http://i.imgur.com/wlChGon.jpg

Both had an Agelic Robe thrown at them since it was a draft run and they best made use of the extra HP.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
By the way @ Raziek Raziek , have you taken a look at your evo pool yet? How are you feeling about it?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
By the way @ Raziek Raziek , have you taken a look at your evo pool yet? How are you feeling about it?
Tentatively confident. I don't recognize ANY of the names in my pool, which immediately means I have a solid shot of making it out of Winner's side. Need to do some research on the names and see if I can gauge powerlevels.

I am also a Friday 8 AM pool, which is fantastic for me. I play really well in the morning, and it means I don't have to worry too much about running out of gas mid-late day.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Tentatively confident. I don't recognize ANY of the names in my pool, which immediately means I have a solid shot of making it out of Winner's side. Need to do some research on the names and see if I can gauge powerlevels.

I am also a Friday 8 AM pool, which is fantastic for me. I play really well in the morning, and it means I don't have to worry too much about running out of gas mid-late day.
Only name I vaguely recognized was Sturm, a Yoshi player who played at the somewhat recent Smash n' Splash tournament streamed by Clash Tournaments. Might be a decent place to start some research.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Only name I vaguely recognized was Sturm, a Yoshi player who played at the somewhat recent Smash n' Splash tournament streamed by Clash Tournaments. Might be a decent place to start some research.
At the risk of sounding overconfident, and at the risk of him namesearching, I'm not too worried.

Watched a few of his matches from SnS. He got bopped by Nicole, and in general just does a lot of really risky stuff. Yolo Dash attacks, Yolo Smashes, etc.

NNID
evenet2013
3DS FC
1005-8775-7263

Good luck!

Do you have any secondaries for bad matchups?

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Roy is much much more appealing in Smash context, than he is in FE and Lucina in Smash context. I love his voice and this sort of "hot-blooded vibe" he gives off.

Lucina in Smash context, at least in English (there's portayal differences between JP/EN I read) is meh and I'm not a fan of the trash talk she does when winning against Marth/Ike.

But in Fire Emblem, I totes pref Lucinda

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Is anyone else here going to evo? Don't want to leave anyone out.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't pay much attention to her lines when I play Lucina. I pay attention to how cool she looks.
And honestly, I don't know what I'd do if Lucina couldn't tell her enemies to "come at me bro".

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
Uh, so, this may be a bad thread to visit, as I have no idea what anyone's talking about, but I wanted to share my love of Robin. I've been playing Awakening for two weeks, and love the game. I just wish I had played it before he was announced for SSB4, as hearing "Time to tip the scales!" would have been so cool.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Uh, so, this may be a bad thread to visit, as I have no idea what anyone's talking about, but I wanted to share my love of Robin. I've been playing Awakening for two weeks, and love the game. I just wish I had played it before he was announced for SSB4, as hearing "Time to tip the scales!" would have been so cool.
This is by far a "bad thread to visit" for we're all pretty sensible people. We do often go off and discuss some various topics but it is a social thread.

Happy to hear that you're enjoying Awakening and let us know what you think after you're finished. Also, be sure to jump into the older games like Sacred Stones or Path of Radiance if you really enjoyed it. c:

D

Deleted member

Pent is better for a few major reasons.

First: Statistical comparison: 20/6 Erk vs. --/6 Pent

HP - 36.6 vs. 33 - Erk wins
Magic - 15.6 vs. 18 - Pent wins
Skill - 15.6 vs. 21 - Pent wins
Speed - 19 vs. 17 - Erk wins
Luck - 10.2 vs. 14 - Pent wins
Def - 9.8 vs. 11 - Pent wins
Res - 14.6 vs. 16 - Pent wins.

Basically, on average, Erk loses almost every stat. Marginal HP lead and a slight speed lead, but Erk will realistically not be 20/6 by the time you get Pent, so that direct comparison is pretty moot. Both Pris and Serra have claim to the Guiding Rings before Erk should get one, and if you're using Canas he probably gets one before Erk does since he's the only Dark user.

Pent also comes with an A in Staves, letting him use Physic. Unlike Erk, who starts at an E in Staves.

Pent also has a free no-effort A-support w. Louise, who is a solid unit in her own right.

Basically, Pent da gawd.

Pent from my last draft run: http://i.imgur.com/fzec7an.jpg Bonus: Louise - http://i.imgur.com/wlChGon.jpg

Both had an Agelic Robe thrown at them since it was a draft run and they best made use of the extra HP.
Erk is actually set to beat Pent's resistance for me.

He's already sitting at 15 at Level 1.

And he's actually the first to take a guiding ring simply because he went ham in Chapter 25 and jumped from 15 to 20.

Canas is at 17 though and Lucius and Priscilla are 16.

I actually did give Erk a goddess icon because of his garbage luck but I'm not too worried anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
I can't believe that people are trusting a random tumblr post... good god what has journalism turned into these days?

Top Bottom