• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Seriously, though, seems like Joker's list came from 4chan:troll:

As much as I wanted a hilarous list like that to be true, I wouldn't bet on that, particulary when reading the stuff IS obviously wouldn't put in their game and seeing the source.

Edit: And before anyone calls me on that, yes, I'm a fun person at parties.:troll:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
The fandom has indeed exaggerated the actual quantity of skimpy-dressed female characters.
Out of 33 playable female characters, that's barely more than a fifth of them. So considering the size of the cast that's pretty damn good. And yet the way some people talk you would think that over half the female characters were ultra-fanservicey.
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Oh but you forgot one character Kotor.

:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::happysheep:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Ugh, dammit! There were several times when I felt this close to a comeback but I go screw it up at the very last second, haha. Anyways, I've actually been wanting to play you for a while @Sonic Storm and I'm glad I did. I learned a lot from you like your weaving and your use of nosferatu and I recorded every match so I will go study them later. Thanks for the matches!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Really hyped about MGSV:TP. Fire Emblem: Fates is tearing me apart... Actually, it's mostly Luna. Ahem... YOU'RE TEARING ME APART, LUNA! Reason: spoilers that were probably spoiled. Oh, and Anna too. I like redheads. :p

The thing is that Fates is the first FE where allies are enemies and enemies are allies. I'm not talking about betrayals or whatever, but the fact stands that say, Subaki is your ally in one game and an enemy in the next. What if Subaki ends up as your favorite character? What if Subaki has to die? At a certain point, every playthrough could be heartbreaking and that's what makes it so amazing. That's the main gimmick or theme, hence, the subtitles Fates and If.

The theories of time travel and alternate dimensions has one theory where we could end up making the same decision no matter what and if we don't, then consequences happen. Life is Strange does that. On that one day, someone was supposed to die, but they didn't, so someone or something else has to. In that day where you pick a side, something has to give and if you go back and pick the other side, something else has to give. Fate is cruel and we always ask the question: "What if?"

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Forget Volgin, the ladder was the real villain of MGS3.

Don't lie, you've tried jumping off it after climbing up it at some point too.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

Really hyped about MGSV:TP. Fire Emblem: Fates is tearing me apart... Actually, it's mostly Luna. Ahem... YOU'RE TEARING ME APART, LUNA! Reason: spoilers that were probably spoiled. Oh, and Anna too. I like redheads. :p

The thing is that Fates is the first FE where allies are enemies and enemies are allies. I'm not talking about betrayals or whatever, but the fact stands that say, Subaki is your ally in one game and an enemy in the next. What if Subaki ends up as your favorite character? What if Subaki has to die? At a certain point, every playthrough could be heartbreaking and that's what makes it so amazing. That's the main gimmick or theme, hence, the subtitles Fates and If.

The theories of time travel and alternate dimensions has one theory where we could end up making the same decision no matter what and if we don't, then consequences happen. Life is Strange does that. On that one day, someone was supposed to die, but they didn't, so someone or something else has to. In that day where you pick a side, something has to give and if you go back and pick the other side, something else has to give. Fate is cruel and we always ask the question: "What if?"
That was beautiful. I absolutely agree. The sheer amount of deeply emotional and potentially heart-wrenching moments this game could produce is staggering. Getting deeply attached to any of these amazing characters in one playthrough, only to be forced to kill them on the field of battle in the next. I am honestly prepared to cry like a total baby playing this game. And I know that many people claim Nintendo is just trying to squeeze every penny out of us by making the two stories separate and the third DLC. But considering how wildly different each of these stories are, I think it's pretty justifiable. Plus I think it's safe to say that we'll see some type of special edition set that contains all three paths for a (hopefully) reasonable price.

TL;DR version, I am seriously hyped for Fire Emblem Feels Fates.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Thought of picking up Robin as a potential main for doubles, in my experience I've found her a lot easier to use in this metagame and its good to switch when I get bored of playing :4megaman: multiple times in a row. Gonna meet up with my doubles buddy again sometime and see what happens, though I'll still have to work on Robin for singles too in order to get some of the fundamentals down.

Also, I dunno why but I feel like I'm the only one who isn't baffled by Fire Emblem Fates coming out in two versions, probably because I'm used to dual versions of Pokemon existing and the only FIre Emblem game I've played so far is Awakening so this is pretty new for me. Shame its not coming out here until 2016, real hyped for it and it was imo the best thing to come out of Nintendo at this year's E3 aside from the new amiibos, though that's not saying much.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I played For Glory today. Wish I hadnt. I need some other people to practice with, seriously...
Did you know Sheik and Zero Suit Samus should actually die in a horrible fire?
As an Ike main, I don't have a problem with them. Punishing Bouncing Fish and Flip Jump with Aether is oh so satisfying. Especially, when they try to ledge guard me off stage. Bouncing Fish, Aether, Meteor Smash, Win.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
As an Ike main, I don't have a problem with them. Punishing Bouncing Fish and Flip Jump with Aether is oh so satisfying. Especially, when they try to ledge guard me off stage. Bouncing Fish, Aether, Meteor Smash, Win.
As as mediocre player I DO have a problem with them.
ZSS's up B is the ****ing worst...

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Best portrait in Fates period. Thank you so much! It's official, I'm a Charlotte fanboy now.

Hey I wasn't pointing any fingers. *clears throat* I meant more in general. Even TV Tropes had her listed as The Scrappy until her supports were revealed. Also I take no responsibility for if you do not find her supports satisfactory. :p

Edit* Here are some direct quotes from TV Tropes. Nothing spoilery, just basic stuff.

"Charlotte was one of the most unpopular characters when first revealed due to her character profile suggesting a very unlikable personality. Now that the game is out and some of her supports have been translated, her popularity has skyrocketed, becoming one of the most oft-talked about characters in message boards."

"Fans took issue with her blatant Fanservice and her ***** in Sheep's Clothing Gold Digger personality. It's been petering off once more information came out, particularly her supports with Nyx, and it became apparent that, for all her flaws Charlotte was still just... a regular girl."
I guess it is to be expected that people hate her for Fanservice. I still don't understand why people are fine with shirtless men but not with some skimpy women. Some loud people have been complaining about everything yet they don't see their hypocrisy.

As for my(temporarily) hate for Charlotte, it is because I absolutley hate gold diggers. I know some people who have been almost ruined by that kind of women and they weren't even rich. I know it is just a video game but I have a really hard time liking manipulative gold diggers because of that. Please understand.*Iwata pose*

So I hope what you say is true, so I can get a better insight of her character.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It's been a long time since I listened to non-video game music , so I listened to my Rise Against music earlier.
Then I saw something amazing. All Robin mains should make this their anthem:
Because it's called "Tip the Scales". :D

Troykv

Smash Master
The 3DS Card still has enough space to put both games... I don't like that idea, and was the one that originally killed all my hype.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Best portrait in Fates period. Thank you so much! It's official, I'm a Charlotte fanboy now.

Hey I wasn't pointing any fingers. *clears throat* I meant more in general. Even TV Tropes had her listed as The Scrappy until her supports were revealed. Also I take no responsibility for if you do not find her supports satisfactory. :p

Edit* Here are some direct quotes from TV Tropes. Nothing spoilery, just basic stuff.

"Charlotte was one of the most unpopular characters when first revealed due to her character profile suggesting a very unlikable personality. Now that the game is out and some of her supports have been translated, her popularity has skyrocketed, becoming one of the most oft-talked about characters in message boards."

"Fans took issue with her blatant Fanservice and her ***** in Sheep's Clothing Gold Digger personality. It's been petering off once more information came out, particularly her supports with Nyx, and it became apparent that, for all her flaws Charlotte was still just... a regular girl."
Ah, Tumblr.

What a constantly tumbling can of romper room garbage.
This s pic perfectly describes them
image.jpg

Modern day women are weird

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
View attachment 59302
Modern day women are weird
That picture is so true...
The irony is that I like a lot of the characters pictured here.
EDIT: Although Ada Wong isn't a villain so I don't know why she's there.
Unless you're talking about RE6 but
That's not Ada.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Thanks to Fates destroying clothes feature, we can finally see what Robin's outfit looks like under the coat.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Thanks to Fates destroying clothes feature, we can finally see what Robin's outfit looks like under the coat.
Why hasn't this been his official outfit?

I can't wait to see him side by side with Kamui. Hopefully the amiibos restock again when the game gets released in the west.

Top Bottom