• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Or it's more reason to go Nohr.
As if it needed it.
Of course it's highly possible that your birth parents are also, in fact, not Hoshido.
And I hope that is not the case. It would defeat the entire purpose of the whole blood family vs raised family theme. For what reason should anyone choose Hoshido then? If Kamui is not truly Hoshidian, I would have prefered only
one game with Nohr as the main story.

No need to make 2 games if one games theme is inconsistant. Not to mention, Hoshido is already unpopular as it is so yeah.

With that said, I like Nohrs boxart more so I will get the physical version of Nohr first, download Hoshido afterwards and I will see which part will get played first.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
And I hope that is not the case. It would defeat the entire purpose of the whole blood family vs raised family theme. For what reason should anyone choose Hoshido then? If Kamui is not truly Hoshidian, I would have prefered if they would have only made one game with Nohr as the main story.
As I see it having neither family be your biological family would make Nohr and Hoshido even. It would change the theme sure. But it could be that the theme is neither side of the war being the "right" choice.
By the way, do we know that any character besides the two from Hoshido are actually closely related to you biologically?

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
As I see it having neither family be your biological family would make Nohr and Hoshido even. It would change the theme sure. But it could be that the theme is neither side of the war being the "right" choice.
By the way, do we know that any character besides the two from Hoshido are actually closely related to you biologically?
Nah, I think Mikoto, Ryoma, Sakura and Archer dude whose name I keep forgetting.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Or it's more reason to go Nohr.
As if it needed it.
Of course it's highly possible that your birth parents are also, in fact, not Hoshido.
Except not because they confirmed unequivocally that Mikoto (the current ruler of Hoshido) is your mother.
Nah, I think Mikoto, Ryoma, Sakura and Archer dude whose name I keep forgetting.
Takumi is the archer. All four of the Hoshido siblings (Ryoma, Hinoka, Takumi, and Sakura) are all your blood siblings.

Last edited:

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
Even if characters are non-biological siblings, they are still siblings. I'm not sure if you would be able to S-support.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
As long as I get the option to marry Silas I'm perfectly okay.

D

Deleted member

I have been tortured for months...
Months because I couldn't get the last amiibo that I've always wanted...
Now... he has arrived...
The scales... have been tipped!
IMG_0142.JPG

I am freed from these amiibo chains! No more of these damn things anymore!

Matsushi

True Blood
I want to marry Marx. I need to marry Marx.

Also I can't stop laughing when you hover over a unit in Sacred Stones and they're just like

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Tsubaki = Subaki
Aqua = Azura
Kazahana = Hana

Again with the tags...

At least Sakura was spared...

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
Tsubaki = Subaki
Aqua = Azura
Kazahana = Hana

Again with the tags...
The name Aqua did very much suit her, but I'm glad they dubbed it differently as I felt Aqua was a little too generic for my tastes. The name Azura is such a beautiful name as well. :happysheep:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Then who would you marry? That pretty much marks every significant character off the list.
I personally have not decided yet. But knowing me and my tendency to ship pairings that tie back into the main plot (or better yet, provide additional depth to the story **looks at avatar pic**. Look, I will fight you on that point. Don't challenge me, it will only end badly.) something tells me I'll be shipping Kamui with Azura.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
@RadiantTactician

Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock.

For the record, I'd recommend actually doing your new level 50 class quest as soon as you log in. You can expect Coerthas to be a zoo when things start up. Hundreds of people everywhere. Knock out that class quest and maybe there will be one or two less people in Coerthas.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Since this thread functions as a mini FE Fates discussion, does anyone else see Saizou and Kaze as a parallel to both Cain and Abel and Mario and Luigi?

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Tsubaki to Subaki? Damn, that's unfortunate. >_>
Don't mind the name change for Aqua and Hana is alright. Looks like we should expect more parts of names to be dropped or a letter added hahahaa (Rinka -> Rinkah)

Last edited:

Soul.

I don't mind the name changes, though I'd like it if you could at least nickname them.
But that ruins their character since they have a set name.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
If Orochi uses "questionable" methods to recruit prisoners, I'll bet you that Zero tortures them. I can imagine it already:

"YOU WERE EXPECTING FREEDOM, BUT IT WAS ME ZERO!"

-Summons giant roller-

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
That reminds me, I don't think we've seen our red and green cavalier pair yet, have we?
No. That's why I thought those two were our Cain-Abel pair in this game.

It seems like they wanted to change up the traditional formula.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I got bored and rewatched the class reel on the Nohr classes. I noticed that Kamui's dragon form or whatever it's supposed to be based on has water effects. More water symbolism!

If Orochi uses "questionable" methods to recruit prisoners, I'll bet you that Zero tortures them. I can imagine it already:

"YOU WERE EXPECTING FREEDOM, BUT IT WAS ME ZERO!"

-Summons giant roller-

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
They do have the red and green colours, and the contrasting personalities, so you could be on to something
Or it could all be a fakeout. Remember, we don't get the red ninja in Nohr. You can't break up the cavalier bros!
I hope it's a Franz scenario. Silas comes first, then the red-green cavaliers comes later.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I've been disliking all of the name changes so far except for Aqua > Azura like GOD THAT NAME IS BEAUTIFUL AF. It's a lot less generic than Aqua too because like...you can look up Aqua and find 20 other characters named that, but Azura? Not exactly.
I also like it better than Aqua since azure symbolizes water and everything else that the color blue symbolizes

Kazahana to Hana tho...

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
I've been disliking all of the name changes so far except for Aqua > Azura like GOD THAT NAME IS BEAUTIFUL AF. It's a lot less generic than Aqua too because like...you can look up Aqua and find 20 other characters named that, but Azura? Not exactly.
I also like it better than Aqua since azure symbolizes water and everything else that the color blue symbolizes

Kazahana to Hana tho...
Eh, you can see they are 'simplyfing' the Japanese names for Western audience.
While I can understand why, I still find the fact bothersome, I guess? It feels 'forced' that way. I mean, Kaze sounds like a nickname. why couldn't they just, I dunno, introduce some dialogue changes to Kamui's to make it look like he's having trouble with the Hoshidan names and the characters just decide to let him call them by these nicknames? It would look neater, imo.

Rinka's anme change makes absolutely no sense to me, though.

Just as changing Marx to Xander.
What? Are they trying to take out possible communism references?
At least rename him to Alexander, then.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
THAT MOMENT WHEN AN ENEMY UNIT CASUALLY CRITICAL HITS ERIKIA
My FE8 run in a nutshell, and why I never played it again after finishing it *bitter memories*
Never thought I'd see Super Man 64 gifs on here of all things.:chuckle:

I'm taking this in case I need it in the future.
you haven't been here enough, it was another lovely tradition introduced by the one and only @Hong
Can't say the name changes seem to have much of a point, they feel like an abbreviated nickname you'd give to these people after you knew them, and Hoshido still remains very japanese, might as well have stuck with the originals.

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice

Kazahana to Hana tho...
Hana is an actual Japanese common name that means "Flower". Its a perfectly fine localization. Subaki on the other hand? That's a really weird one in my opinion.

I'm really not sure how the game is going to play out with all of the features and mechanics and this weird story. All I know is that the soundtrack is going to be godly, perhaps even Xenoblade Tier, and I am hyped nonetheless.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Dear Naga!

So many spoiler tabs on Fire Emblem: Fates!

Must make sure not to spoil anything!

*begins waiting for games Australian release*

You should see this:

I have seen that. I can't watch it without my sides hurt XD

Wow guys, look at what Ryu's down-tilt can do lmao

I can't see what his doing.

:joyful:. Oh gods, this joke is to good XD.
This reminds me that a friend that's in engineering in other college send me a video of this but it was to motivate people to go and vote in an assembly.

This is the video if anyone is curious.

BWHAHAHAHAHA XD. That's pretty good.

Top Bottom