• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Too be fair, they aren't too spoilery, as its all official per-release info. Just there was a huge reveal about a certain feature returning.
Oh, I see. Still, don't what to accidentally spoil anything story related or major. Though i wonder what this returning feature is. Marriage? Children?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
>Pale Flower of Darkness
>Jerme chapter
>Has Fiora unlock door at top
>Room contains two Archers and two Snipers
>Goddamn FE7

>Fiora dodges every single attack
>GODDAMN FIORA. <3

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
No matter what Raz says, Fiora is my 1# airborne unit in FE7
I dunno if I can call Fiora my best airborne unit, when I can just send Heath to one side and let him slaughter everyone. Heath is HEAVILY blessed in this run right now: Level 10 Wyvern Lord with 25 Str, 23 Skl, 23 Spd, 21 Def, and 17 Res. He's just so incredible now.

Fiora is my second best unit airborne unit though, and I've been using all the flying units to provide good comparisons.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I'm amused by the thought of Nishiki having a conversation with either Panne or Yarne because one turns into a fox and other two characters turn into a rabbit.

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
So I saw the Treehouse stream for Hoshido and its really weird. First off, Felicia's ranged entry animations are literally some of the coolest stuff in the entire game (She flips the kunai in her shoe into her hand while she bows). They weren't kidding that she's awful in the kitchen but is totally awesome on the battlefield, makes me wonder about her career choice, unless the ice tribe has some connection to it. Hoshido Ch. 7 is way different than Nohr Chapter 7. The map choke points are generally easier to approach and enemies aren't as threatening (The Faceless are actually kinda creepy too). However, the units you get on Hoshido look lower level than the ones on Nohr and the level is intended to have you level them up immediately. Enemy reinforcements also appear to not move on the same turn of appearing (YEESSSSS!).

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I can't be the only person who doesn't mind the children returning at all.

It appears to be the end of the world as we know it for some.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

It's mostly just concern over how they're going to fit into the story. The general consensus is that people are okay with the concept of children characters, but just don't want another time-travel scenario.

D

Deleted member

I don't mind it either. I dunno how it will work into the story though.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
It's mostly just concern over how they're going to fit into the story. The general consensus is that people are okay with the concept of children characters, but just don't want another time-travel scenario.
I have no problem with time travel as an explanation... just not two games in a row.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So anything else is okay besides time travel?

Okay, the children were sent from the heavens by gods upon marriage of two characters. Problem solved.

:troll:

Burigu

Smash Ace
So this is the reverse?

In Serenes people are way to salty over the child subject.

I don't mind them, people shouldn't explote over things like this... if you DON'T like something in a game and it's just optional just IGNORE it.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I don't mind them, people shouldn't explote over things like this... if you DON'T like something in a game and it's just optional just IGNORE it.
That would require a capacity of thinking most people are incapable of. (See Also: Classic vs. Casual)

I'm starting to get the opinion that folks should play an MMO for a year straight. That way, they'll be entirely desensitized to things they don't like. You don't like Casual mode? Shut the **** up and play Classic Mode. Don't start a crusade against the way other people play and enjoy the game.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
That would require a capacity of thinking most people are incapable of. (See Also: Classic vs. Casual)

I'm starting to get the opinion that folks should play an MMO for a year straight. That way, they'll be entirely desensitized to things they don't like. You don't like Casual mode? Shut the **** up and play Classic Mode. Don't start a crusade against the way other people play and enjoy the game.
I thought about that, Phoenix mode, Casual mode?? why do I have to get angry over a setting that is not meant for me??

I haven't been here in a while but I highly doubt people here complained about "skinshipping" or FE amie, I just see a trend people nowdays find the most insignificant thing to complain and somehow these minor site features suddendly make the whole experience bad.

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
So this is the reverse?

In Serenes people are way to salty over the child subject.

Children and S-Ranks are a tad more than "Optional". They will probably have a number of paralogues attached to them and that's content that would've been something else if they weren't in the game, content that many would like to experience, but don't like what they're attached to.

Also the children are confirmed to not be part of the same timeline. So they're not technically from the future and don't break any of the logical rules attached to that, which is the primary reason people really don't like that plot line, its WAY too easy to break the rules (And Awakening broke the rules, many, many times). Thematically, the idea of a "Multiverse" in which various events proceed differently along different timelines fits Fire Emblem If in my opinion, as long as IS establishes context for the interactions.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Children and S-Ranks are a tad more than "Optional". They will probably have a number of paralogues attached to them and that's content that would've been something else if they weren't in the game, content that many would like to experience, but don't like what they're attached to.

Also the children are confirmed to not be part of the same timeline. So they're not technically from the future and don't break any of the logical rules attached to that, which is the primary reason people really don't like that plot line, its WAY too easy to break the rules (And Awakening broke the rules, many, many times). Thematically, the idea of a "Multiverse" in which various events proceed differently along different timelines fits Fire Emblem If in my opinion, as long as IS establishes context for the interactions.
Easy step to enjoy Child paralogues without recruiting them,

Unlock S support > Go to paralogue> Play it so you are not missing on content > Don't save the game > Pretend it didn't happen

I have more than 560hrs in Awakening and I never unlocked, Inigo, Brady, Laurent, Owain and Batman, I am not even worried about lost content I will unlock them someday...

Good to know they aren't in the same line for no reason, it is just funny how people simply jump to conclusion and rage about it, like if it was said or stated by Nintendo.

Jumping into conclusion is always bad and complaining about something you are not sure about yet is even worse.

Last edited:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
@ RadiantTactician RadiantTactician

Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock.

For the record, I'd recommend actually doing your new level 50 class quest as soon as you log in. You can expect Coerthas to be a zoo when things start up. Hundreds of people everywhere. Knock out that class quest and maybe there will be one or two less people in Coerthas.
Already pre-loaded onto the console, can't wait to start it up tomorrow morning! :)

I guess I'm the only one that doesn't mind all the name changes, or the recent revelations about the game. The uproar about 'em is ridiculous imo, though. :dizzy:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I guess I'm the only one that doesn't mind all the name changes, or the recent revelations about the game. The uproar about 'em is ridiculous imo, though. :dizzy:
I'm not bothered. Mainly because I haven't been paying attention. I've been purposely avoiding the FE:Fates discussion here to avoid attachments, accidental spoilers and disappointments. I've seen more than one person here upset because they think they're going to have to kill their Waifu because said Waifu is on the side they're not choosing.

As for the Avatar's default name... Default names never bothered me on the player character. Especially when I can change it to something else.

Hell, I think I've used the name "Link" like maybe once, and I've probably played a good one hundred games of Zelda. Across numerous titles.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I thought about that, Phoenix mode, Casual mode?? why do I have to get angry over a setting that is not meant for me??

I haven't been here in a while but I highly doubt people here complained about "skinshipping" or FE amie, I just see a trend people nowdays find the most insignificant thing to complain and somehow these minor site features suddendly make the whole experience bad.
Dunno about Serenes forest as I don't frequent there, but people here at worst just showed to be displeased at some of these additions. Someone went a bit farther with the complaining with the whole face rubbing, but everyone else was at first disturbed and then grew over the idea.
I honestly have little doubts that the gameplay mechanics of the game won't be of quality, but the story/plot/writing is an entirely different story.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Dunno about Serenes forest as I don't frequent there, but people here at worst just showed to be displeased at some of these additions. Someone went a bit farther with the complaining with the whole face rubbing, but everyone else was at first disturbed and then grew over the idea.
I honestly have little doubts that the gameplay mechanics of the game won't be of quality, but the story/plot/writing is an entirely different story.
Sometimes I see people say Awakening ruined FE, because all those new mechanics and waifus among others, I always wonder if people don't release that FE is alive because those extact same features they put in the game.

Who have guessed FE will turn out like Pokemon where some people still can't stand things from gen 3 onwards? so now we have people that can't stand from Awakening onwards I guess those people prefer the franchise to die like it was going to, for completely ignorable mechanics.

Fates will be amazing and I am saving money right now for the bundle not confirmed yet, because I really want that, I can't even give myself the luxury of buying Mewtwo, Lucas, Ryu and Roy. FE has always been a favorite franchise for me and a little of fan service is not going to change that ever.

I agree with you the story will be great

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Raziek is finishing up the last questions right now. He should be done soon.

Provided he doesn't waffleface on us.

Last edited:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
As for the topic of how the children show up, instead of time travel, I like the idea of a stork bringing them to us magically like all babies come from.

Only ya know, they're fully grown now

You didn't question the time travel, don't question this

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Interview's done.

That was a mammoth task. ****ing formatting.

Gaaaaaah. That was like a total of 10 hours work.

I should be getting paid for this.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I heard that it's the official name.
If not, I don't care what it as long as its better than Corrin...
I feel that with this (these) installment, they could've gotten away with using the Kamui since half of the game's 'setting' involves a Asian-esque faction. But alas... well, at least the Avatar's sword still retain its name sorta (Yatogami -> Yato)

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651
So it's 4 AM here and I need to deliver a homework for my literature class tomorrow at 10 AM and I can't stop procrastinating because I'm reading the big write up of Raz in the interview thread...help please.

Top Bottom