• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
According to Wikipedia, Luke Cage's durability powers include: His skin can resist high-caliber bullets, puncture wounds, corrosives, biological attacks, and extreme temperatures and pressures without sustaining damage. Luke Cage possesses superhuman strength and stamina, and has extremely dense skin and muscle tissue, which render him highly resistant to physical injury. The same experiment which granted him his great strength and durability has also given him a faster-than-normal recovery time from injury.

So if he can't like, literally absorb or redirect 100% of kinetic energy...Saitama could turn him into blood mist with one finger. I think the entire POINT of One Punch Man is that he can kill basically anyone. Barring possibly like magic or dimensional stuff?
Ah okay. Yeah Saitama would probably kill Luke Cage.

I just wondered what would happen if Saitama, a guy that can kill anything in one punch, went up against a some who would not be hurt or killed by anything (or even an impenetrable object defense)

:135:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Look who just got promoted from support to playable!

I have to say, this is definitely NOT what I was expecting! Given that Darkrai and Scizor followed the datamined leaks, we all assumed that Empoleon (the third character the data miners found) would be next to be revealed. But lo and behold Nintendo and Bamco pulled a fast one on us! Being honest, I was actually kinda pissed when I saw this. Never been a fan of Croagunk personally. Looking back at it now though and this was a marvelous and unexpected reveal. Now I'm cool with it, AS LONG as we still get Empoleon at some point! More interesting though to me is the fact that this potentially means ANY support character could possibly make the jump to being full on playable! (Crosses fingers for Sylveon)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Look who just got promoted from support to playable!

I have to say, this is definitely NOT what I was expecting! Given that Darkrai and Scizor followed the datamined leaks, we all assumed that Empoleon (the third character the data miners found) would be next to be revealed. But lo and behold Nintendo and Bamco pulled a fast one on us! Being honest, I was actually kinda pissed when I saw this. Never been a fan of Croagunk personally. Looking back at it now though and this was a marvelous and unexpected reveal. Now I'm cool with it, AS LONG as we still get Empoleon at some point! More interesting though to me is the fact that this potentially means ANY support character could possibly make the jump to being full on playable! (Crosses fingers for Sylveon)
Croagunk was apparently in the files too but everyone dismissed it because it's already a support Pokemon.
So Empoleon would bring the total Gen 4 Pokemon to 6.

- Garchomp
- Lucario
- Weavile
- Darkrai
- Croagunk
- Empoleon

That's more than Gen 1 ignoring Shadow Mewtwo and Pikachu Libre.

- Pikachu
- Charizard
- Gengar
- Machamp
- Mewtwo

Nah

Smash Champion
More interesting though to me is the fact that this potentially means ANY support character could possibly make the jump to being full on playable! (Crosses fingers for Sylveon)
really I wouldn't get your hopes up for anything

given that all the Pokemon revealed so far have been in the data leak, and that there only appears to be room for 4 additional Pokemon on the CSS, it likely all we're getting for DLC characters is Scizor/Darkrai/Croagunk/Empoleon

what I'm wondering though is why they decided to change Croagunk from a support 'mon to a battle 'mon

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
This is a bit off the wall, but can somebody tell me the best place to put a Fire Emblem fanfic? For the past few weeks, I've had a very strong urge to write one, but I'm not sure where I would put it afterwards. I feel obligated to post it somewhere. I just want a place where people can appreciate good writing and fan fiction (and Fire Emblem). I'm also not sure who to ask. Figured you guys were the most reasonable bunch. Thank you for your consideration.

(feel super awkward for asking)

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Wow. That was fast and straightforward. Thanks bro!

Now on the topic of the fanfic, after much deliberation, I have decided on a Fates fanfic. That seems like the obvious choice, since it's the trendy one right now, but I was also heavily considering an FE7 or Awakening fanfic. Anywho, it'll probably take place in the post-game, but I might change my mind later. I have a pretty good idea of what I'll be writing, how I'll portray certain characters, and the tone I'd like to give it, but something weighty is still up in the air. Something controversial, yet vital.

I have no idea who to ship with who. It's far from my mind to start a waifu-war, but I need help. Just FYI, the story will, for the most part, follow the main cast (Corrin, Azura, all the pseudo-lords). What do you guys think are the most reasonable, dare I say canonical ships? Lay 'em on me.

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437

Now on the topic of the fanfic, after much deliberation, I have decided on a Fates fanfic. That seems like the obvious choice, since it's the trendy one right now, but I was also heavily considering an FE7 or Awakening fanfic. Anywho, it'll probably take place in the post-game, but I might change my mind later. I have a pretty good idea of what I'll be writing, how I'll portray certain characters, and the tone I'd like to give it, but something weighty is still up in the air. Something controversial, yet vital.

I have no idea who to ship with who. It's far from my mind to start a waifu-war, but I need help. Just FYI, the story will, for the most part, follow the main cast (Corrin, Azura, all the pseudo-lords). What do you guys think are the most reasonable, dare I say canonical ships? Lay 'em on me.
Corrin x Azura and Takumi x Oboro or else riot :secretkpop:

Seems a lot of people also like Xander x Charlotte, Silas x Hinoka is mostly seen for stats, Elise x Odin is pretty cute, Ryoma x Kagerou is pretty cool and the rest idek

But what's gonna be the main plot of the story? Is it Revelations based? Do kids exist?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The fanfic talk just reminds me that I need to restart mine or at the very least get the ideas down somewhere. Oh wait I can't because lol University and Procrastination.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I've recently got Sacred Stones. So far I'm really enjoying it! I'm at the point right after chapter 5x and so far my favorite unit is Franz.

I would probably say Jakob x Flora if it's based off Conquest or Revelations. If it's based off of Birthright I guess I would say Ryoma x Scarlet. Takumi x Oboro is a popular pairing, so I would consider that. Effie x Arthur is also a very common one. Elise and Odin is another one, so you might want to consider that.
Those are all I can think of for now.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Thanks for the feedback, y'all!

Corrin x Azura and Takumi x Oboro or else riot :secretkpop:

Seems a lot of people also like Xander x Charlotte, Silas x Hinoka is mostly seen for stats, Elise x Odin is pretty cute, Ryoma x Kagerou is pretty cool and the rest idek

But what's gonna be the main plot of the story? Is it Revelations based? Do kids exist?
I know this is a bit controversial, but I'm not too big a fan of Corrin x Azura. I feel like their relationship is much more adorable/relatable if it's treated as a strictly brotherly-sisterly love kinda deal. I know I could be slaughtered where I stand for saying that, but I'm willing to be a martyr for my cause.

Other than that, I think all those ships are reasonable enough. I've shipped Takumi and Oboro on most of my playthroughs. It's one of my favorites.

As for setting, it'll probably be in the post game of Revelation, but I might decide to do Birthright instead. I really don't want to include child characters, as it opens a very noxious can of worms, but I'll try anyway. One thing's for sure: if I do Revelation post-game, Selena will be her own grandma.

I would probably say Jakob x Flora if it's based off Conquest or Revelations. If it's based off of Birthright I guess I would say Ryoma x Scarlet. Takumi x Oboro is a popular pairing, so I would consider that. Effie x Arthur is also a very common one. Elise and Odin is another one, so you might want to consider that.
Those are all I can think of for now.
Jakob and Flora is an interesting idea. Never considered that one. I haven't actually read any of their supports though, so I'll have to read them and see how well they go together. The other ships seem pretty solid.

Also, isn't it impossible to ship Ryoma and Scarlet in-game? If so, then I'll probably ship them regardless of which story I follow. I'll just resurrect whoever I need to. With the convenient plot throne or whatever. They need to be together. It's just so stupid for them to not be.

I've recently got Sacred Stones. So far I'm really enjoying it! I'm at the point right after chapter 5x and so far my favorite unit is Franz.
I maxed out Franz and Forde's support very early in my first playthrough. Franz critted pretty much everything. I will never forget Franz. Never.

Also, did anybody else think that Franz and Forde look like Alphonse and Edward Elric respectively? I have since I first saw them. The resemblance is... uncanny... very uncanny... :rotfl:

Nah

Smash Champion
Jakob and Flora is an interesting idea. Never considered that one. I haven't actually read any of their supports though, so I'll have to read them and see how well they go together. The other ships seem pretty solid.

Also, isn't it impossible to ship Ryoma and Scarlet in-game? If so, then I'll probably ship them regardless of which story I follow. I'll just resurrect whoever I need to. With the convenient plot throne or whatever. They need to be together. It's just so stupid for them to not be.
Flora and Jakob don't have any support convos actually. The only ones she can support with are Corrin and Felicia (and Kana if her mom). Which is a little odd to me, you think at least she'd be able to support with Jakob and Gunter, and I vaguely recall it being implied that she may have feelings for Jakob too.

I don't remember if you can do Scarlet-Ryoma or not, though it definitely seemed to me that they have feelings for each other.

D

Deleted member

I don't remember if you can do Scarlet-Ryoma or not, though it definitely seemed to me that they have feelings for each other.
Scarlet cannot support Ryoma in both Birthright and Revelation.
She can only support Corrin and female Kana if she is the mother.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Scarlet cannot support Ryoma in both Birthright and Revelation.
She can only support Corrin and female Kana if she is the mother.
v MEME ALERT v

BUT WAI?

Ryoma and Scarlet were freakin' meant for each other. Why the hell did they decide to make it so they can't hook up? That's like if there were only two stooges, but the show was still called The Three Stooges. It's false advertising, and it sucks.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
v MEME ALERT v

BUT WAI?

Ryoma and Scarlet were freakin' meant for each other. Why the hell did they decide to make it so they can't hook up? That's like if there were only two stooges, but the show was still called The Three Stooges. It's false advertising, and it sucks.
She was only able to support with Corrin probably because she dies in 2 of the 3 routes. I wanted her to have some more screen time though, she's a really cool character :(

There's a fan-made convo for anyone who's interested:

And the parent support:

D

Deleted member

When I played Birthright I always paired Ryoma and Scarlet up because I thought they were perfect for each other, only to find out they couldn't support.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Ryoma x Scarlet should've been a thing, but no. I ended up pairing Ryoma with Orochi instead.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Everyone here is talking abotu Fire Emblem shipping and I'm just here remember that I'm still stuck on chapter 14 on Conquest.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Croagunk was apparently in the files too but everyone dismissed it because it's already a support Pokemon.
So Empoleon would bring the total Gen 4 Pokemon to 6.

- Garchomp
- Lucario
- Weavile
- Darkrai
- Croagunk
- Empoleon

That's more than Gen 1 ignoring Shadow Mewtwo and Pikachu Libre.

- Pikachu
- Charizard
- Gengar
- Machamp
- Mewtwo

Yeah I heard about that recently. Guess we should've payed more attention to that, lol.

Huh, that's kinda crazy. And yet Gen 5 and 6 still only have one character a piece. :mad088:
really I wouldn't get your hopes up for anything

given that all the Pokemon revealed so far have been in the data leak, and that there only appears to be room for 4 additional Pokemon on the CSS, it likely all we're getting for DLC characters is Scizor/Darkrai/Croagunk/Empoleon

what I'm wondering though is why they decided to change Croagunk from a support 'mon to a battle 'mon
I wasn't really getting my hopes up for this game, but more specifically for any future Pokken sequels.

As for why they chose Croagunk... I couldn't tell ya. Guess they wanted a funny "joke" character maybe?

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
As for why they chose Croagunk... I couldn't tell ya. Guess they wanted a funny "joke" character maybe?

Groagunk may have been next to worthless in the games, but may I at least remind you of how memorable Brock's Croagunk was? Diamond and Pearl was the high point in the anime for me, and Croagunk just so happens to be one of my favorite mons in the show. I am legit excited for him. In fact, if Darkrai hadn't been announced, he would currently be the most hype character on the roster for me. And you, my good sir, have equated the most badass ninja frog in the whole Pokemon medium to a "joke." And yes, Croagunk is the most badass ninja frog of all. Not Greninja. :4greninja:

Ninjask still supersedes them both, of course.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

Groagunk may have been next to worthless in the games, but may I at least remind you of how memorable Brock's Croagunk was? Diamond and Pearl was the high point in the anime for me, and Croagunk just so happens to be one of my favorite mons in the show. I am legit excited for him. In fact, if Darkrai hadn't been announced, he would currently be the most hype character on the roster for me. And you, my good sir, have equated the most badass ninja frog in the whole Pokemon medium to a "joke." And yes, Croagunk is the most badass ninja frog of all. Not Greninja. :4greninja:

Ninjask still supersedes them both, of course.
First of all, I meant "joke" as in a goofy and funny character, I didn't mean it in a bad or negative way.

Second, Croagunk isn't even that much of a ninja.

Thirdly, Greninja is the best ninja Pokémon. P E R I O D .

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I have a question regarding the name of this thread:

Exactly how long ago did Mr.II beat Nairo?

Greninja is the best ninja Pokémon. P E R I O D .
Starting a war over waifus makes a bit of sense, but frogs? Let's just agree to disagree.

(LOL I know I was the one to start the war. Just take it or leave. :p )

(Ninjask is still the best)

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
thread title hasn't changed in a long time really
Probably because @Raziek is the only regular mod who has the ability to change the thread title, and he hasn't been around here much as of late, most likely due to him switching to being a full time Cloud main.
IStarting a war over waifus makes a bit of sense, but frogs? Let's just agree to disagree.

(LOL I know I was the one to start the war. Just take it or leave. :p )

(Ninjask is still the best)

I'll accept for the sake of avoiding filling the thread with pointless bickering, not that you have the right to make me "leave" if I didn't accept. (Greninja will always be better anyway)

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
So.... with all this pokemon talk

Is anyone excited for Pokemon Sun and Moon and Trainer 96?

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Probably because @Raziek is the only regular mod who has the ability to change the thread title, and he hasn't been around here much as of late, most likely due to him switching to being a full time Cloud main.
R.I.P. Rabinz' best main. May the scales be ever tipped in your favor.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605

I'll accept for the sake of avoiding filling the thread with pointless bickering, not that you have the right to make me "leave" if I didn't accept. (Greninja will always be better anyway)
I do have the ability too but I cannot think on a suitable new name.
:196:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I do have the ability too but I cannot think on a suitable new name.
Maybe you could just get rid of the "Mr. II BEATS NAIRO THO?!" part until something significant comes up. I don't think the thread needs a new name.

AmericanDJ

NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I forgot to mention this before, but I have now beat chapter 8 of Sacred Stones.

I wasn't quite expecting Joshua to be the one to get the kill but it's still cool that he was.
Also, Franz had a higher avoid rate against a fighter than Joshua did.
If I'm correct the poison axe is less accurate than the iron axe, but if not then that is pretty impressive.
Also, I'm not entirely sure whether I want to Ephraim's route or Eirika's route. I have heard that Eirika's route is easier but I'm still not quite sure yet.

AmericanDJ

NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I'm going to leave for a tournament in about a half hour. Wish me luck!

Also here's the stream if anyone is interested/if I get on stream.

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I didn't make it out of pools, but I will be playing in the amateur bracket tomorrow.
I'm looking forward to playing again tomorrow!

AmericanDJ

NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Turns out I got 25th in the amateur bracket. I'm pretty proud of how I did, as I played pretty well. I felt like the matches I played were pretty close. Overall, I'm glad I went to it.

(Something weird that happened though was that all of the WiiUs on the table lost power in the middle of the game. It was strange)

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Smashboards in general is losing activity, especially with the existence of Discord.
Smashboards is generally better at containing the info for everyone to know about it, instead of having everyone asking over and over.

Top Bottom