• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I'm quite glad that Pokemon news gets spread here and at the M2 social since I've got Sun preordered and plan on playing it with my ex and possibly my cousin if he gets a gen VII game. That being said, I don't care for the series enough to be on the look out for every leak or announcement of information. The first half of gen V and the entirety of gen VI were massive disapointments to me so my expectations for gen VII are incredibly low. This is basically a last straw for me playing the Pokemon series with the only exception being a gen IV remake since that was my favourite generation. Not even playing Pokemon Go despite my thoughts being that I'd enjoy playing it.

I've yet to be wowed or amazed by anything gen VII has shown although I do enjoy the fact that 2 of my favourite Pokemon got Aloan or Alolan or whatever forms: Sandshrew and Vulpix.

I'm probably a deviation of a genwunner. I don't find gen I the best but I do find Kanto to be the 2nd or 3rd best region and the majority of my favourite Pokemon were introduced then. My favourite generation also gave a bunch of gen I Pokemon evolutions. Firered is also probably my...4th favourite game in the series which isn't too high. It's below 2 gen IV games and a gen V game.

Nah

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I have a question...

How much micromanagement does Robin require? I'm interested in the character but keeping track of tome uses sounds like a pain.
I don't think it's a lot. The fact that they flash when they have 1 or 2 uses left helps a lot, and most of them come back fairly quickly.

But I'm also just one person, wait and see what the others say.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Robin's micromanagement is fine.
I mean, I suck at Thunder management, but it still hasn't been too much of an issue so far.
:196:

Zeiah92

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zeiah92
The management of Robin's tomes is actually really fun and interesting. If you're smart about it you can do a lot of mix ups and possibly take a stock. Robin's recovery as we know is also exploitable so if you're smart at keeping track of your management you can also make your recovery a bit more safer and can catch opponents by surprise. I was playing for glory last night and I did a lot of things with the management. When I knew I was going to run out of sword, I would do the empty hops into up air but cancelling the animation so it just looks like a regular jump. Opponents would grab me and be hit by the item and I would follow up. When recovering if I knew something would run out like the sword I would throw out an attack and immediately up B. The sword will not be discarded as soon aas your up B finishes which can catch opponents by surprise.

There is also the managing of wind tomes which I have sort of gotten the hang of. Regardless of what percentage they are in once I notice the wind jab is running out Ill begin to do more surprise up B's out of shield or from the air. I will also do more wind jabs which a lot of people do not expect. I will for example do a wind jab in the ledge to block many of their get up options if they try. I have also gotten many kills with people waiting until I finish the jab but they'll expect fire and Ill just wind jab which can also kill at high percents. It can be risky though as it is very punishible so you have to be smart about how you begin to use the wind tomes when trying to run out. You can also try elcancelling. Just do empty hops and just when you're about to land on the ground press wind jab and you will use up a wind tome. This is a safe way to use up the tomes if you're noticing that you're running out. once your wind tome runs out though you need to avoid getting knocked out of the stage until you get it back.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Another day, another new Pokemon trailer!

Passimian and Oranguru are both pretty cool, plus rugby lemur is another check mark for the Chinese starter leaks. Lycanroc's two forms being version exclusive does kinda suck (cause I'm #TeamSun but prefer Midnight form) but I guess it makes sense.
Meanwhile character customization is back with a vengeance, and it looks amazingly well done! And Pokemon Amie is getting an upgrade with full on Poke grooming! Looks like it can even cure status ailments which is great in my book.

Also Eevee's exclusive Z Move is Anime as f*** and I LOVE IT! Squad Goals indeed.

Zeiah92

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zeiah92
So for the first time I managed to do my first Robin sequence (I hope that's what it's called. You know when you make a lot of good reads into a kill?) I felt so happy as I feel I've been improving as a player, even if it was for glory (and even if I lost the match in the end)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbQIP2eoTpE :)

Troykv

Smash Master
Controversial thread about Fire Emblem.

For every fan from the classic Fire Emblem... I invite you to see this video by Xator Nova talking about Thracia 776 compared with other games of the series.

Dollabills

Smash Rookie
NNID
indycosgrove
Hey guys, I have a question...

How much micromanagement does Robin require? I'm interested in the character but keeping track of tome uses sounds like a pain.

Robin is a tactician in his/her games, so it makes sense that Robin requires a lot of thought/planning to play. I compare it to counting cards. While the main game is going on, you have to think a lot about counting spells so you can pick up books and levin sword. Fortunately the blinking does give you clues as to when you're running out. Staying on top of it is really difficult at first, but you get used to it. Running out of Elwind in the middle of a recovery is the most tragic death possibly in the game. Literally nothing you can do about it and Elwind is the hardest to count but the quickest to come back. Also because of Robin's slowness, it helps to plan out what you're going to do way before you would with other characters. Once you get aerial lag cancels down, the speed isn't as big of an issue though. All in all, Robin is a fun character to play if you like the play style, and I never get bored of playing Robin because I'm always using my brain and it's hard to autopilot.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
*Beats the final boss for Sora and Riku in Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance

Okay, my have taken me 15 tries each and a load of rage quits, but I'm finally up to the last boss. Hopefully i never have to face boss that are ridiculous to faces as those two

*Starts Final boss fight as Riku, immediately dies two an inescapable two hit kill

:135:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Fullmetal Alchemist day.

Time to rewatch the series again.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
should probably add it to the smilies list really

that and a Luma

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
So has everyone seen the new evolutions for the starter types in pokemon sun and moon?

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
just beat Rouges & Redeemers 3 on Lunatic

holy **** that was rough

how the hell do people to Lunatic Apotheosis? or Lunatic+ anything?

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437

holy **** that was rough

I asked my brother how he did Lunatic+ classic and from what he said, he street passed himself to buy some good items like Naga's tear and other permanent boosting items. And Lunatic+ is just lunatic stats, but all the enemies have ____+ (Luna+ always activates Luna. There's also Aegis+ and Pavise+. Hawkeye makes sure the enemy never misses etc) and/or counter so it's paaaaainful. He also told me that only the first couple of chapters (particularly chapter 2 then 4 right behind it) were truly difficult because there was no grinding in between

And he had Cordelia!Sorcerer wielding Nosferatu with Sol and galeforce which made it a bit easier? He didn't really tell me too much.

There's a bit of leeway on what units you can have on your L+ if you have DLC, but if you're doing it without DLC apparently you gotta have specific numbers and everything

But I'm not a god at numbers and FE so how should I know :emptysheep:
Like seriously your tactician levels are way higher that mine so yeah I suck at this game lolol

Last edited:

Dollabills

Smash Rookie
NNID
indycosgrove
So has everyone seen the new evolutions for the starter types in pokemon sun and moon?

Here's to hoping that reflet grows out of that cringe phase...

Edit: I mean rowlet... -_-'

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
so Alolan Grimer is apparently a thing

why

And in other news although unconfirmed at the moment. Jangmo-O has an evolution that makes it Dragon/Fighting, and Type: Null has an evolution called Shiruvadi. Type: Null and Shiruvadi can change typing based on whatever item you give like with Arceus and the type plates.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Ha, my last post here is at the top and I mentioned being glad that Pokemon news gets spread here since I had Sun preordered. Cancelled the preorder last week and spent the money on Animal Crossing New Leaf and Mario Kart 8 instead. Not getting them till Christmas but I've got a bigger interest in them than Pokemon...er, new Pokemon that is. Went back to my Black 2 nuzlocke after a 2 month break.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It's been too long, dear friends, since I've been in here.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
That's at least two people interested. :p

@Hong helped me on this for a few parts of it over Discord.

1: Marth, Xane, and Medaus
2: Celica, Alm, and Rudolf
3: Caeda and Hardin
4: Seliph, Sigurd, Julius, and Alvis
5: Leif, Reydrik, and Veld
6: Roy and Zephiel
7: Eliwood, Hector, Lyn, and Nergal
8: Ephraim, Eirika, and Lyon
9: Ike, Elincia, Ashnard, and Black Knight
10: Micaiah, Sothe, and Ashera
11: Tiki and Gharnef
12: Kris and Katrina
13: Chrom, Lucina, Robin, and Grima
14: Corrin, Azura, and Garon
All: Anna, the classes, maybe their promotions too.

Should be obvious, but the numbers are the games. 1 being Dark Dragon, 14 being Fates. :p

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
NonSpecificGuy?!?!?!

Is that you?

Yes, dear Unknown Hero. It is I.

Speaking of which you've went through quite a few name changes if I recall.

Should be obvious, but the numbers are the games. 1 being Dark Dragon, 14 being Fates. :p
Dude, that's a big roster. Nice work though.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

If only Nintendo could make that happen.
It's been too long, dear friends, since I've been in here.
Haven't heard of you in quite a long while. How you been?

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Yes, dear Unknown Hero. It is I.

Speaking of which you've went through quite a few name changes if I recall.
ahah awesome. How's moderating been?

Yeah ahah. Idk, just felt like giving a twist on my name and see what suits. But I'm terrible with names, so the best I could only think of The Merc

Nah

Smash Champion

holy **** that was rough

so I gave Nah Limit Breaker

and then did R&R 3 with just Nah+Chrom

I am so strong lmao

Dollabills

Smash Rookie
NNID
indycosgrove

I gotta ask... would Robin/Grima be like Pit/Dark PIt?

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
I gotta ask... would Robin/Grima be like Pit/Dark PIt?
Depends on what you mean. Gameplay-wise, nope! Design-wise, they're somewhat similar, I guess. But while Robin looks how :4robinm: you would :4robinf: expect, Grima has their hood up, shadowing covering their eyes which would glow red, and maybe a dark aura like Future Past. Kinda like this.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Just had a really weird thought

What would happen if Luke Cage got punched by Saitama?

Like would Luke not flinch or would Saitama kill Luke Cage?

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Well it looks like I will be going to another tournament in about a month.:bee:

I'm very excited!
I also hope to try and improve as a player before then.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
So apparently most of the Pokedex Pokemon sprites for Sun and Moon have been leaked. I've only seen a few (cause i don't want to spoil them all for me) and well....

Just go to KYM to see yourselves

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Just had a really weird thought

What would happen if Luke Cage got punched by Saitama?

Like would Luke not flinch or would Saitama kill Luke Cage?

According to Wikipedia, Luke Cage's durability powers include: His skin can resist high-caliber bullets, puncture wounds, corrosives, biological attacks, and extreme temperatures and pressures without sustaining damage. Luke Cage possesses superhuman strength and stamina, and has extremely dense skin and muscle tissue, which render him highly resistant to physical injury. The same experiment which granted him his great strength and durability has also given him a faster-than-normal recovery time from injury.

So if he can't like, literally absorb or redirect 100% of kinetic energy...Saitama could turn him into blood mist with one finger. I think the entire POINT of One Punch Man is that he can kill basically anyone. Barring possibly like magic or dimensional stuff?

Top Bottom