• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Lmao, that actually reminds me of something I said to my cousin last night when we were talking about FEW.

"I'll get it (Fire Emblem Warriors) honestly just for the music if anything
Gameplay is fun, universe is interesting, graphics will look good but holy ****, the potential for more remixed FE songs
And now I know my most wanted character: Oliver"

The moment I thought about a remixed Beauty is a Mad Mistress or Power-Hungry Fool, I realized I wanted Oliver...but it'll never happen

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Well, a bit surprised (and a little disappointed) that Fire Emblem Warriors got so little screentime (interesting to see it's being developed for 3DS as well), but that's fine cause HOLY CRAP that was a fantastic direct! Especially didn't see this one coming!

Never had a chance to play Gaiden so I'm incredibly hyped! Their amiibo's look nice too.

And a new FE game for Switch announced already? I really thought it was too early after Fates, but leave it to Nintendo to throw expectations out the window. Great to see the FE franchise thriving like this!

And last but not least Heroes, which actually looks like a pretty solid mobile game. Of course we'll have to wait and see how hard the RNG will try and screw us over on rolling the characters we want. But damn I'm already in love with the designs of the new protagonist characters for Heroes!

Any chance we could see them in FE Warriors? Please Nintendo/Koei?!

In any case, super solid presentation, got me hyped up pretty good! How are you guys feeling?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Reposting my thoughts from the Corrin thread:

The Direct was pretty good.
Echoes looks pretty fun and I'm glad to see them return to an older FE title. I'm unsure if this is a remake or a new entry, but it's definitely something to get excited over. I am also glad that the game won't take a year to release like Fates... I will admit that was awful. I might get it, but I hope there is a Casual mode. I'm awful at SRPGs.
I wanted more Warriors footage, damn it! It's great to see gameplay and it was really hype, but I wanted to see a new trailer with more characters. I hope Takumi is in it.
The mobile game looks interesting as well and I will probably get it... though I don't like how I, an iPhone user, won't be able to get the game for an unspecified time.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
When one of your favourite franchises is just exploding in a good way:

Mobile game, Gaiden remake, Warriors and a Switch title in the next year or two.

RIP my wallet though, sacrifices must be amde

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I saw the direct just now and it was pretty interesting.
  • A remake of a 25 year old game that only came out in Japan isn't at all that fancy but at least I finally get to play it first hand when it comes out in May, so it's definitely something to be excited about. I might get the one that comes with the amiibos of the two main characters.
  • There was a lot of nothing from that Fire Emblem Warriors trailer there aside from Chrom in action. Still need more than just something everyone here already knows about.
  • They didn't say much about the new Fire Emblem game coming out for the Switch other than it'll be coming out next year. Regardless, I'm still looking forward to hearing more about it.
  • Fire Emblem Heroes looks like an interesting mobile game where characters throughout the franchise appear in one game. Well, at least I found something to keep me busy at work during my break times.

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Has everyone already voted on Fire Emblem Heroes.com/vote? Who has everyone voted for so far?

Today, I voted Takumi. To me, he's the best written, most badass character in the series. Not to mention he somewhat resembles a pineapple.

I'd probably vote him as the rest of my thirteen votes if I could. :rotfl: Not sure who else I'll vote for yet.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
My first vote went to Ike. He's the most likely character I want in that I don't feel is guaranteed. I'm surprised he's even managed to stay relevant at all. Before Sm4sh came out, I know a lot of people were debating if he'd come back since Roy didn't get put in Brawl and Ike was simply another 'flavour of the time FE character' so to speak. Doesn't help that his games are...yeah, probably the hardest ones to get of the English released ones thanks to the Wii U VC getting Rekka no Ken and Sacred Stones. Shadow Dragon is pretty hard to get too.

Oh and my sister voted for Soren, cousin isn't voting I don't think. Another thing of interest with the voting bit but it's a spoiler for Radiant Dawn
They have both the Black Knight and Zelgius as options to vote for despite them being the same person.

D

Deleted member

My first vote went to Ike. He's the most likely character I want in that I don't feel is guaranteed. I'm surprised he's even managed to stay relevant at all. Before Sm4sh came out, I know a lot of people were debating if he'd come back since Roy didn't get put in Brawl and Ike was simply another 'flavour of the time FE character' so to speak. Doesn't help that his games are...yeah, probably the hardest ones to get of the English released ones thanks to the Wii U VC getting Rekka no Ken and Sacred Stones. Shadow Dragon is pretty hard to get too.
His games are pretty hard to get nowadays, but Ike is the most popular Fire Emblem character according to an official poll from Famitsu. He's popular amongst both Fire Emblem fans who played his game and people who know him through Smash Bros.
Ike will definitely make an appearance; everybody likes Ike. :p

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Why couldn't they move Echoes to the left side? Right now it looks like Fire Emblem -Shadows of Valentia- Echoes.
Other than that, I liked it.
Yeah it is a weird typographic choice. I guess "Echoes" is still big and bold enough that it stands out before "Shadows of Valentia" but it still reads kind of awkwardly.

As for the Fire Emblem Heroes voting, today I put in a vote for Eliwood on my laptop because he's awesome and deserves more attention, and a vote for Fem Corrin on my phone because I love her and I had to vote for her at least once. But for the rest of the days of voting I'm probably going to focus more on side characters who are less likely to get in without support.

Also thank you Heroes for the awesome new background for my laptop!

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
His games are pretty hard to get nowadays, but Ike is the most popular Fire Emblem character according to an official poll from Famitsu. He's popular amongst both Fire Emblem fans who played his game and people who know him through Smash Bros.
Ike will definitely make an appearance; everybody likes Ike. :p
Globally or was the poll country-specific? To my recollection, Ike isn't too popular in Japan though I may just be thinking of his Sm4sh meta there. He also has the unfortunate reality of being pre-Awakening when Nintendo learned the magic formula for how to advertise FE in North America. Only real thing going for him is his inclusion in Smash and having 2 games which is quite rare for FE characters.

pls vote Nowi tyty

One of my votes will likely go to Nowi. I would expect Tiki to make it in over her if any non-Corrin dragon were to make it in but I prefer Nowi <3 I guess another dragon that could possibly make it in is Medeus. I only checked the RD section on the site but with the likes of Ashera, Black Knight, Dheginsea, Sephiran and...random senators like Valtome and Hetzel, I could possibly see Medeus being an option. Guess I'll find out if I ever get around to voting for a Shadow Dragon character. Probably Barst.

Speaking of dragon characters, I had to laugh when I saw Gareth as an option since my cousin and I were just talking the other night about how Gareth probably has no fans whatsoever. He does basically nothing for the story and is a terrible unit that's only available for 2 chapters. Most outstanding feature about him is that he looks like a Cheeto.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I didn't vote on that Fire Emblem Heroes thing because I don't know who to vote for. So many choices I can't decide.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I didn't vote on that Fire Emblem Heroes thing because I don't know who to vote for. So many choices I can't decide.
You can vote once per day for thirteen days, so it's not like your all that limited; you essentially have thirteen votes. Just choose your thirteen all-time favorites. Or one favorite and vote thirteen times.

If the latter were possible, I'd vote Takumi every single time...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
You can vote once per day for thirteen days, so it's not like your all that limited; you essentially have thirteen votes. Just choose your thirteen all-time favorites. Or one favorite and vote thirteen times.

If the latter were possible, I'd vote Takumi every single time...
That's good to know. I don't have that many favorites though.

D

Deleted member

Globally or was the poll country-specific? To my recollection, Ike isn't too popular in Japan though I may just be thinking of his Sm4sh meta there. He also has the unfortunate reality of being pre-Awakening when Nintendo learned the magic formula for how to advertise FE in North America. Only real thing going for him is his inclusion in Smash and having 2 games which is quite rare for FE characters.
Might be Smash 4 meta that you're thinking of. Famitsu is a Japanese magazine publication and Ike was the most popular character according to the poll.
I'm unsure if this was global or not, but Ike is loved worldwide, whether they played the Radiant games or not and just played Smash.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Reposting my thoughts about the direct from the Corrin Social

FE Echoes: I love that they are releasing Gaiden outside of Japan! Looking forward to its release!

FE Warriors: Disappointed about the lack of new information but its cool to see the game in action.

FE Switch: Even though we didn't see gameplay, its cool to see a console FE for the first time in a decade.

FE Heroes: Seems very interesting. I love how this is going to be a FE crossover. The new artwork for some of the old characters looks great!
Now a question for the thread, what characters are you most hoping to see in Fire Emblem Warriors?
I think you can guess who I am hopeful for to be in the game.
It's Hector

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Aw I'm late to the Fire Emblem discussions. Oh well I'll still put in my 2 cents in.

For Fire Emblem Warriors, the game looks amazing and pretty. Well that is what little i saw of it. I was kind of disappointing with the lack of info on it but still E3 gives me hope. The characters i most want is Robin and Roy. Robin is a must (so is Roy)

Shadows of Valentia makes me really excited. i have never had the chance to play any of the old FE games so it will be cool to see what it is like. Though i am curious why the Echoes and name change. Also did they change the studio who did the animations for Awakening and Fates?

Lastly Heroes. I've already voted once for M!Robin and I am really liking the looks of the game. I can't wait to hear what Roys English voice actor will be like (if he updated for it)

Though i find very annoy that you have to do a random search to find your hero. Makes it very frustrating to try and vote for Roy

:135:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
You can search by game on the poll. It's how I voted for Ike and Micaiah. Oh and I failed to say much on FEW. I don't mind the lack of info since it's not a story driven game and Hyrule Warriors has shown me that the gameplay is fun. Most interesting info will likely be how they get all of the characters into one universe but it'll likely just be similar to how Awakening handled the dlc.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Happy Australia Day Tacticians!!

Also need potential help... I don't know if i should soft restart after losing Moza.

D

Deleted member

Happy Australia Day Tacticians!!

Also need potential help... I don't know if i should soft restart after losing Moza.

I say restart if you really want to give a child unit Aptitude and Mozu is a pretty good unit if you take the time to level her up.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I say restart if you really want to give a child unit Aptitude and Mozu is a pretty good unit if you take the time to level her up.
Well I just played through the chapter and had to restart any because i lost too many units and wasn't going to be able to finish the chapter

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I have now beaten the Sacred Stones!
It took me a while but overall, I really enjoyed it. I'm not sure I quite enjoyed it as much as Blazing Sword, but I still found it really fun!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Speaking of Blazing Sword, I've been playing that **** for the past week or so and I'm already at Chapter 28. I'm really liking the game and I hope to finish it over the weekend. I'll be playing The Sacred Stones soon after.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
My main game of focus lately has been Codename Steam and I've been using the FE characters as much as possible.

For FE games, it's been so long since I ditched Rekka no Ken and Fates Birthright that I'll probably start them over from scratch when I go back to them. Been playing RD 2 player with my cousin when he comes over. I use the GC controller, he uses the classic so we don't have to swap a controller back and forth and we don't tell each other our plans. We alternate being in control of the entire army each turn. Still on part 1 currently.

I also found a physical rom of Roy's game, translated in English online that I've ordered and after looking up and finding out that the DS isn't region locked (found out thanks to my copy of Shadow Dragon being a PAL copy) I also ordered the sequel to Shadow Dragon. Can't read Japanese but I should be able to play the game well enough when it arrives.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I'm still trying to beat Fire Emblem Fates Conquest then try to complete Revelations

The main problem i have is that my units always feel 5 levels weaker then they should be for the chapter i am up to and as a result i'm often using the Camp Boo DLC to get exp. I try not to use it much because it feels like cheating but even just on Hard the game is real hard just for the lack of exp you can gather for everyone in your army.

I honestly don't think have what it takes to play any of the classic FE games :(

Folt

Smash Ace
Really happy about the announcement if FE Warriors. I hope Male Robin is playable as a lightning mage would be fun, and M!Robin has become my overall favorite FE character!

Nah

Smash Champion
I hope they give us some more info about it soon. Really wanna know who else is playable besides Chrom (and likely Marth/Xander/Ryoma iirc).

Folt

Smash Ace
Well, the ones who appear to be as good as confirmed is Marth, Ryoma, Xander, and Corrin. (Chrom is already confirmed.) I think we might get some info when E3 is starting.

D

Deleted member

My main hopes for FE Warriors are Takumi, Robin, Ike, Lyn, and Leo (aside from the already mentioned characters).
Hopefully we will see more of the game during E3 and hopefully see more characters.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
My main hopes for FE Warriors are Takumi, Robin, Ike, Lyn, and Leo (aside from the already mentioned characters).
Hopefully we will see more of the game during E3 and hopefully see more characters.
Takumi is a must. (Gotta mention him first)

Leo and Rabinz are also musts. I don't think Lyn and Ike are as much musts as the others, but I can also imagine that people would be angry if they didn't get in eventually.

I also personally look forward to seeing Corn. All the enemies be coming at him, and he be all like "RAAWRR," then they turn and run the other way. That's what fun looks like. :happysheep:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
FE Warriors doesn't look too promising at this point since we know very little about it. Hoping to hear more about it soon, if not, then at E3.

I'm more looking forward to see which other characters will be in the game.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
My hope for FE Warriors is spreading out the love to all eras and not having certain games get bias where it's only the Marth, GBA and 3DS games that get recognition.

Also some villains in the mix but I trust Omega Force. The fanservice for Hyrule Warriors was fantastic

D

Deleted member

My hope for FE Warriors is spreading out the love to all eras and not having certain games get bias where it's only the Marth, GBA and 3DS games that get recognition.

Also some villains in the mix but I trust Omega Force. The fanservice for Hyrule Warriors was fantastic
I hope that other games recognition too. Admittedly, I am nervous because Hyrule Warriors only had the main characters, original characters, and characters from Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword initially (and later Majora's Mask). They did fix this with Legends when they added characters from Wind Waker and handhelds, though... still no Groose :(

With FE Warriors, I hope we don't just get characters from the Marth games, Awakening, and Fates. I can see them add some GBA characters, characters from Gaiden/Echoes, and Radiant characters (probably only Ike and Micaiah), but I'm not 100% on it.

Folt

Smash Ace
I'd actually like a bias on Marth's games, Awakening, and Fates myself for the core game (and content through free updates), but have the other games get focus through DLC that could expand on it.

Nah

Smash Champion
I'd just rather that the roster be as large as possible, and from the get-go really

Folt

Smash Ace
I'd keep it reasonably small and from few games in the initial roster so we can get more fleshed out, and better, character interactions and better quality movesets.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
That's a fair point I guess.

Tho what'd be great is if we could get both....not that I should expect that.

Top Bottom