• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

tiers

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Change of topic :

What characters is Sonic better than?
In all aspects, like, tournament results, match-ups, blah blah blah, all taken into account.
Like proper tier list stuff.
IMO.
All of low tier bar Ness and Yoshi.
Bowser
Maybe Ike/Sheik

Discuss.

NNID
MasterHavik
I don't really see any character on the low tier list, that can systematically say, "i ***** a sonik" because either they have gimpable recovery, or can't take the ground control game away from sonic on thier own. So far, from what I've seen and played agaisnt, Sonic is over all the best of the low tiers. However, this really doesn't concern me much, as I will always play sonic, will not stop playing Sonic, and will wreck havok on any character on any given day, becuase I am Kojin.

aka, i don't care.

now that something i can respect.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
let me clarify some things seeing that this is my thread...

the tier list was nothing more than a rediculous(ly funny) popularity contest. if you want to be more popular, post here more, be funny and productive, thats all the list is based on.

blue also seems to have the complete backwards thought processes when it come to the tourney thread... i dont get it he gets mad at the tier list because he does better in tourneys, but he gets mad at the tourney thread because he doesnt post on the board, its supposed to be the other way around...

we put you on the tourney thread because:
1. you place in tourneys
2. you use sonic.

thats it. thats the only requirements to be mentioned in the tourney thread.

for the tier list, its based on who posts the most, whose the funniest, (boxob) and whos the most productive on the boards. (tenki and I)

also, LOOK AT THE CHARACTER YOU PLAY!! sonic is supposed to be a happy free spirited being, that fights for his friends (sorry for the cliche but i couldnt think of anything better.) and here you are being all angry and pessimistic, and generally being disagreeable with everyone because you are never here, and therefore werent included on a popularity contest. you think sonic would appreciate that? I cant believe you would be so quick to dismiss people (that could be friends of yours one day) that obviously have a very strong conncetion with you in the first place. (love for sonic as a character)

lastly, if we didnt have the spam and the fun stuff that we have here, nobody would stay here long enough to do anything productive (like tenkis multiple threads and my informed responces to said threads) this is most likely by far the most productive boards in this forum because of the bonds weve made with each other, and with those bonds weve been able to help each other out so that everyone can become better players, if I have to choose between a character board with 25 spam threads and 5 meaningful ones per month and a board that only has 4-5 threads per month, id take the board that is just as productive (in our case moreso) and has fun as opposed to the board that barely has anything to say, because that board will die out because of the mere fact that theres nothing to talk about about the character. this is what has happened to GaW, Ike, Link, CF, Lucario, and im guessing close to 25 other characters.

if you dont like it here, feel free to not come back. we dont need attitudes like that but just know the whole sitch before you catch a case of diarhea of the mouth(or in this case, hands)
its just jokes, you shouldnt be playing sonic in the first place if you cant joke around, thats not what he would want.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
is this a test?

1. Ness is the only character better than Sonic in low tier.
They're both better than a fair few in mid, too.

1. Did anyone ever get a.)why Bowser was ridiculously high? b.) Or does it just boil down to blind favouritism?

:050:
question 1.
False

question 2.
B

SonicX580

Smash Lord
let me clarify some things seeing that this is my thread...

the tier list was nothing more than a rediculous(ly funny) popularity contest. if you want to be more popular, post here more, be funny and productive, thats all the list is based on.

blue also seems to have the complete backwards thought processes when it come to the tourney thread... i dont get it he gets mad at the tier list because he does better in tourneys, but he gets mad at the tourney thread because he doesnt post on the board, its supposed to be the other way around...

we put you on the tourney thread because:
1. you place in tourneys
2. you use sonic.

thats it. thats the only requirements to be mentioned in the tourney thread.

for the tier list, its based on who posts the most, whose the funniest, (boxob) and whos the most productive on the boards. (tenki and I)

also, LOOK AT THE CHARACTER YOU PLAY!! sonic is supposed to be a happy free spirited being, that fights for his friends (sorry for the cliche but i couldnt think of anything better.) and here you are being all angry and pessimistic, and generally being disagreeable with everyone because you are never here, and therefore werent included on a popularity contest. you think sonic would appreciate that? I cant believe you would be so quick to dismiss people (that could be friends of yours one day) that obviously have a very strong conncetion with you in the first place. (love for sonic as a character)

lastly, if we didnt have the spam and the fun stuff that we have here, nobody would stay here long enough to do anything productive (like tenkis multiple threads and my informed responces to said threads) this is most likely by far the most productive boards in this forum because of the bonds weve made with each other, and with those bonds weve been able to help each other out so that everyone can become better players, if I have to choose between a character board with 25 spam threads and 5 meaningful ones per month and a board that only has 4-5 threads per month, id take the board that is just as productive (in our case moreso) and has fun as opposed to the board that barely has anything to say, because that board will die out because of the mere fact that theres nothing to talk about about the character. this is what has happened to GaW, Ike, Link, CF, Lucario, and im guessing close to 25 other characters.

if you dont like it here, feel free to not come back. we dont need attitudes like that but just know the whole sitch before you catch a case of diarhea of the mouth(or in this case, hands)
its just jokes, you shouldnt be playing sonic in the first place if you cant joke around, thats not what he would want.
Not bad da K.I.D couldn't say it any better myself (no sarcism).

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Following on what KID said...

A message to lurkers who hate spam...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lurkers who say this board is unproductive and spammy should lurk better or shut up. If you hardly contribute something yet you think you're in a place of authority that people will listen to you're wrong. Rather then complaining (which wont make it better) find out the root of the problem and make suggestions on how to resolve it. Lurking because the boards a spammy and hoping it's going to get better isn't helping anyone. If you all contribute here your words would be taken more seriously and you may out number the spammy folk and get some things do. Your complaining will make things worse. And the spam isn't real the problem. There's a place where I explained the real problems in detail but I'm afraid you'll have to lurk and find it. Or ask me.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
but yes, now we may get back on topic about how sonic ***** low tiers...

Rooooy are you high, ness may be better than he gets credit for, but that doesnt mean:
1. he doesnt suck and
2. hes better than sonic

-Blue-

Smash Journeyman
well taken the time to actually listen to K.I.D.'s pm to me i just now read his post. really i have no words to express at the moment nor does it matter. im classified as a bad person or flammer lol. im known in my region and well respected as i respect them fully. I admit my wrong doing of spitting so called flames (like charizard or bowser) at a tier list i knew nothing about. But, understand my view, i came in to see my name on a tier list of som sort. now anyone comming to anything that says tier ranking it would no doubtably assumed as a tourney ranking not a popularity contest. no even clearing that up that still causes some sort of conflict bc what am i doing in a popularity gig and to see im low either way. i would respond to it regardless. But think of what you want of me for i dont see any of you at the tourneys i attend if this isn't an online tourney stuff included. i'll mind my manners and leave but also be sure to make things clear when making something such as that and not just put it in small fine print at the bottom. Im dif in person as many that know me see. but so it shall be. i was cursed at and humorously called a jack*azz. love to all sonics on their jouney and hope to oneday play you someday and show what a sonic is realy capable of :laugh:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Only the Sonic boards!

We should have a sitcom.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Popularity?

It's based of contribution and stuff.

Stuff being...
are you stupid? it was TOTALLY a popularity contest...
well taken the time to actually listen to K.I.D.'s pm to me i just now read his post. really i have no words to express at the moment nor does it matter. im classified as a bad person or flammer lol. im known in my region and well respected as i respect them fully. I admit my wrong doing of spitting so called flames (like charizard or bowser) at a tier list i knew nothing about. But, understand my view, i came in to see my name on a tier list of som sort. now anyone comming to anything that says tier ranking it would no doubtably assumed as a tourney ranking not a popularity contest. no even clearing that up that still causes some sort of conflict bc what am i doing in a popularity gig and to see im low either way. i would respond to it regardless. But think of what you want of me for i dont see any of you at the tourneys i attend if this isn't an online tourney stuff included. i'll mind my manners and leave but also be sure to make things clear when making something such as that and not just put it in small fine print at the bottom. Im dif in person as many that know me see. but so it shall be. i was cursed at and humorously called a jack*azz. love to all sonics on their jouney and hope to oneday play you someday and show what a sonic is realy capable of :laugh:
1. i see where you are coming from just try to take it easy...
2. i havent said anything too bad about you that i know of
3. you did kinda get a little too aggressive, but in the true vein of sonic, i can forgive you and put the past in the past
4. im sorry i misled you, the smart people around here totally respect you, i know where you are, i think ive seen you play, and i know ive seen the people you play against, i know youre good, so dont think we are ignorant.
5. id rather you not leave, because in my perfect world all the sonic mainers come here, not only to help nubs get better but to share strats and things like that to make the good tourney goers even better, and make people realise how good sonic really is.
6 i can see that you are a cool dude, and most of us around here dont hold grudges, and even the few that do wont bother you beccause if they do, the rest of us will shun them.
shuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnn
shuuuunnnnnnnnn
SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNUUUUUUHHH
see what i did there, i made a funny, thats what we do here, we are funny and productive as well, and i would like everyone to pool their knowledge together here, as well as have fun with it

if you look at my responce to the first quote, thats me being funny and productive at teh same time
its what we do

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Heck I liked -Blue-...

His name was alot better the HyperSuperSonictheHedghog :)...
Seriously, he enters tourneys as Sonic...

You are awesome!
Come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Heck I liked -Blue-...

His name was alot better the HyperSuperSonictheHedghog :)...
Seriously, he enters tourneys as Sonic...

You are awesome!
Come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this

also sorry about my last post, all my thoughts were flying at once so it was jumbled

-Blue-

Smash Journeyman
Aww :( who could deny my awsome bluey mainers. i'll stick to my rogue-ish ways as im cool blue and as free as the blue blurr himself. i dont like to stay in one spot often so you'll see me around when friends are in trouble and top tiers try and rule the world with dr. eggman. catch ya later and until then YOOOUUUUURRRRRR TOOOOOO SSSSLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooowwwwwww (runs away)

Tenki

Smash Hero
Aww :( who could deny my awsome bluey mainers. i'll stick to my rogue-ish ways as im cool blue and as free as the blue blurr himself. i dont like to stay in one spot often so you'll see me around when friends are in trouble and top tiers try and rule the world with dr. eggman. catch ya later and until then YOOOUUUUURRRRRR TOOOOOO SSSSLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooowwwwwww (runs away)

boooo

i'd gladly trade a certain other member for this one.
:(

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Ima have a guess and say its Teh Umby... has he posted at all anywhere since the fallout?

-Blue-

Smash Journeyman
boooo

i'd gladly trade a certain other member for this one.
:(
aww i had the most respect for you out of all ppl. we'll i tried to stay but it's too late. bye sonic boards i'll carry on as i did b4 my post in this session. dont worry about me posting. i certainly wont. but im gonna be the next hokage BELIE.........!!! whoops wrong show. im gonna be the best brawler around and with sonic too. all shall see me shine with the awsome blueness.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Ima have a guess and say its Teh Umby... has he posted at all anywhere since the fallout?
How could you get that wrong?

Think of KASR2 and then replace it with -Blue-.

The boards would be more interesting/productive.

Umby posts in tourney threads, GBD/TBD (general/tactical brawl disc), and some other chara boards.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
aww i had the most respect for you out of all ppl. we'll i tried to stay but it's too late. bye sonic boards i'll carry on as i did b4 my post in this session. dont worry about me posting. i certainly wont. but im gonna be the next hokage BELIE.........!!! whoops wrong show. im gonna be the best brawler around and with sonic too. all shall see me shine with the awsome blueness.
not going to tell you what to do but, alli ask is that you stop by in the meaningful threads once in a while and drop some knowledge if you have anything to contribute, but as long as we are all on good terms im fine...

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Mr. 3000 = Sonic main with the most real tournament accomplishments.

Blue only places in the middle at tournaments because he constantly has to fight Mew2King, Atomsk, me, and other top players in the strongest region in the nation. If he lived anywhere else he'd take top placings every time. He's really good and probably top 5 in the nation with Sonic.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Ok so blue wanna be big with sonic. So what should we do guys?
We should arrange hacking of traffic lights and/or public transit systems so Mew2King, Atomsk, Inui, and the other problematic good players never get to the tournament so Blue can win.

But seriously, Blue has teh competition and tourney skills. rly.

just not sure what he'd want from us though?

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Steak perhaps?

Edit: I actually took the time to read all of the posts up until this page. Well, mostly. I believe you asked if anyone has ever stage spiked with nair. I have D:

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I would have to say.
A more serious forum.
I understand what blue says, the Sonic forums has alot of spam and really does not take things seriously most of the time.

While asking for people to go to tournaments is a bit much (some like me just cannot go) it is understandable that he wants people to stop talking and put more action into things.

@inui:Inui go away.

Stop referring to yourself as a top player cause you have a long way to go.

If Blue is very good it is probably because of his skill and the hardwork he put into things, not just the fact that he faces top players.
The ability to take what you have learned and make it into an actuality is what matters.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Awww, Blue left? :(
And what's with the hate on Inui? Just cuz he posts crappy arguments on why metaknight shouldn't be banned? =/ Ah, w/e. Halloween candy tastes good peoples. :)

Edit: To Tenki, why would you want KASR2 gone? Just look at my sig, do you see stuff like that happening without him? :(

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Awww, Blue left? :(
And what's with the hate on Inui? Just cuz he posts crappy arguments on why metaknight shouldn't be banned? =/ Ah, w/e. Halloween candy tastes good peoples. :)

Edit: To Tenki, why would you want KASR2 gone? Just look at my sig, do you see stuff like that happening without him? :(
no its because he is a stupid elitist.
If he was a smart elitist, it would be another story.

I just do not respect people who automatically assume that what they say is right because they are good and forgo the idea of actually supporting what they say.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
no its because he is a stupid elitist.
If he was a smart elitist, it would be another story.

I just do not respect people who automatically assume that what they say is right because they are good and forgo the idea of actually supporting what they say.
Good point. And I like your avatar, don't switch it. Uniqueness man. :O

aeghrur

Smash Champion
IDK... black and white would be cool, but blue is like, sonic color and my favorite color. Get Boxob to choose for you.

Top Bottom