• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List v.2: We moved down... =(

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Lately I have been trying to beat lvl 9 cpu's without grabbing them... I am having a hard time. I think learning more basic tactics will help my game GREATLY.

For example... edge hogging... then returning to the stage and going for a sweetspot dsmash instead of a grab. ahahaha, 40+% is too good

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
u should not practice against lv9 cpus Oo. they are so different from humans. it ***** your style.

btw i love desynching <3

Kage Me

Smash Ace
Lately I have been trying to beat lvl 9 cpu's without grabbing them... I am having a hard time. I think learning more basic tactics will help my game GREATLY.

For example... edge hogging... then returning to the stage and going for a sweetspot dsmash instead of a grab. ahahaha, 40+% is too good
One basic tactic I absolutely love:

Belay to the edge.
Immediately have Popo get up, leave Nana hanging.
Wait for a moment.
F-smash or f-tilt towards the edge.

Nana will do her meteor smash while being suspended in mid-air, and Popo guards the ledge from above. Anything short of a sweetspotted Farore's Wind is going to get *****, and even that's no guarantee, since Nana immediately regrabs the ledge.

POKE40

Smash Lord
LOL.
ICs aren't good at all.
The only thing we really have going for us are creative desynchs and CGs.
Oh, and we outnumber the opponent. xD

People are getting good at avoiding grabs, too.
Maybe that's why we're lower?
Thats not true...
IC kick hard
and IC is outnumbered by Olimar and Pikman.
Its like 2 to 6
desynching is cool though

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero

Weird. If I have no one to play against, I just play with items. *shrugs*

swordgard

Smash Hero
Thats not true...
IC kick hard
and IC is outnumbered by Olimar and Pikman.
Its like 2 to 6
desynching is cool though
Wait are you saying olimar beats ics???

Gosh, i guess i need to start going to tournament with all the people asking me to(lol and not scrubs <.<, talking about high ranked people *cough holy and ally*.I guess i need to go to big tourneys to prove people what ics are made of. Oh and btw, stop thinking chaingrabs are shiz, they are not. Ics have technique that are tremendously more annoying and powerfull that LEAD to grabs, and makes most opponent commit mistake. As for ics vs olimar, ics **** olimar single handedly with 1 really easy to do technique. Kawaii knows what it is, not spending my time to write it D:

smaci92

Smash Lord
One basic tactic I absolutely love:

Belay to the edge.
Immediately have Popo get up, leave Nana hanging.
Wait for a moment.
F-smash or f-tilt towards the edge.

Nana will do her meteor smash while being suspended in mid-air, and Popo guards the ledge from above. Anything short of a sweetspotted Farore's Wind is going to get *****, and even that's no guarantee, since Nana immediately regrabs the ledge.
there's even a faster way to do this kage...

You do a pivot A desync, or a dash-smash desync, or a dashdance desync in front of the edge...and keep tapping the joystick when you control nana...nana then edgeguards, and you can do her meteor smash.

Wanderer7

Smash Rookie
lower is worse not better
lower is better not worse. its called mindgaming.
your opponent underestimates you because of your character.
you violate them in the match. they will think you the player is good not the character.
you profit from your new reputation.

that and then there's also all the stigma associated with the name Metaknight, and the things implied with Cfalcon. you don't want IC to be the new MK right?

conclusion: lower is GOOD. you get a head start at mindgames before the match even begins.

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
lower is better not worse. its called mindgaming.
your opponent underestimates you because of your character.
you violate them in the match. they will think you the player is good not the character.
you profit from your new reputation.

that and then there's also all the stigma associated with the name Metaknight, and the things implied with Cfalcon. you don't want IC to be the new MK right?

conclusion: lower is GOOD. you get a head start at mindgames before the match even begins.
reminds me of the falcon..Champ

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Nu! All of the Texans are going to push my ICs back in the shadows xD.

Looks like I should start working on Sheik more then :p (But I'll still be maining Ice Climbers forever!)
no, you just need to step it up. REMIND THEM WHY THEY SHOULD FEAR ICE CLIMBERS!

YUNq PHR3$H

Smash Journeyman
ppl dont pay ic no attention
thats a good thing in my words
if your opponent takes ic as a joke but then winding up gettin 3stocked
well....you kno da rest in that situation
im just sayin that theres not alot of ic mains out there
the less the better...
people will take us as a joke but when day get pwnd then
well....you kno da rest =/

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Stop reviving old 10 day old threads >.>

Anyways who hasn't got 3 stocked by ICs?

Dev2000

Smash Lord
my opinion on this whole 2 places down is just that its a good thing i mean most of the people dont know what the ice climbers can do and they think of them as a joke and now theyre down the tier list they think even easier on them untill one of us just chaingrabs em and 3 stock them they are all gonna be sorry i always love the reactions of people when they see me 3 stocking as IC XD

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
People don't take the Ice Climbers seriously? When did this happen? o.O

They're probably the most feared character, after Metaknight.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
All they want to do is CG, and because they usually can't get it down, they stop trying all together.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
All they want to do is CG, and because they usually can't get it down, they stop trying all together.
exactly. thats my view on all of these new people that seem to be congregating here. all they want to do is cg. tats it. thats also all they base their skill level with ICs on as well which just makes me hate them even more. CGs =/= ICs. CGs are what ICs do best, not what they are.

Dev2000

Smash Lord
exactly. thats my view on all of these new people that seem to be congregating here. all they want to do is cg. tats it. thats also all they base their skill level with ICs on as well which just makes me hate them even more. CGs =/= ICs. CGs are what ICs do best, not what they are.
Thats a VERY good statement right there FrozenPopo

Dev2000

Smash Lord
I have a feeling our IC will climb their way to the top! Just give it some time, I don't think people understand the potential IC have.
yup we just need time to discover some new infinites and stuff
then we will conquer the metaknight on top of the list they are called "Cllimbers" for a reason
:laugh:

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I plan on taking desyncing to a higher level instead of CGing. Now that people know how to avoid getting grabbed, the practicality of doing cg's has become lower compared to simply playing smartly with their other moves.

3rd Ice Climber

Smash Cadet
Climbin' For eggplants in the icy suburbs of MD
I think they rate the IC's low because they say when one IC dies,your pretty much screwed.And the only time they talk about them together,its about CG's
And cuz im an IC user that dosent CG, i feel like one of the worst IC's out there :(

BUT IC's will kill all MK's and Snakes ect,cuz theyre cool like that

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
I think they rate the IC's low because they say when one IC dies,your pretty much screwed.And the only time they talk about them together,its about CG's
And cuz im an IC user that dosent CG, i feel like one of the worst IC's out there :(

actually they get rated so low due to the assumption that without CGs ICs suck balls. this, coupled with he argument of their crap grab range means that most people see the ICs as gimmicky characters that have great grab game but otherwise are useless. they are generally looked down on and are not very respected by high level players.

yes, i'm a little bitter.....

Dev2000

Smash Lord

That is not true. Yes CGs are awesome and good but it isnt nescesarry it takes MANY practice to be able to be REALLY REALLY good but when you finally beat your opponents and get compliments you will know work has payed off

And the solo ice climbers isnt useless at all its just how you use him ive killed many good players from 0% with only one IC

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Solo Ice Climber IS useless. Not only do you get no chaingrabs, you get no desynchs!

Solo Ice climber for F tier lol
lol comment is fail. sopos only real failing is a lack of recovery. otherwise his aerials can still be pretty beastly and definitely more easy to pull off (most people drop their guard when they see one IC). low tier maybe; F tier = lolno.

PartyHatPikaChu

Smash Apprentice
I am an IC main too. ^_^

Imo IC's should be higher on the tier list, but thats up to us to prove I guess;)

And to contribute to the discussion about the solo IC:

A solo IC still has the moveset two IC have, meaning said solo IC still has a fair share of decent/good moves. Solo IC is far from useless, and, like Dev said, can still pose a treat to your opponent. Especially if they drop their guard ^_^ (wich is something we cannot rely on, offcourse;)).

And solo IC can still CG :p only not every character;)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Sometimes solo IC play pretty much makes the IC player. With excellent knowledge of spacing and options, solo IC usually plays the survival game and has excellent hit and run tactics. People USUALLY get a little hasty when trying to kill him which makes things easier (but as Party hat said, you can't rely on that.)

And then of course, when you die, no matter how good they are, they get a little more scared because it's like "ugh, there's two of 'em again." It takes a really really great and consistent player (probably with a good lead) to not get scared of nana's return after solid solo popo play. lol

Top Bottom