• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List v.2: We moved down... =(

smaci92

Smash Lord
Here's the new tier list, just posted today, along with changes from the last list:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=214428

1. Meta Knight 0
2. Snake 0
3. Falco +2
4. King Dedede -1
5. Mr. Game & Watch -1
6. Marth +1
7. Diddy Kong +4
8. Wario 0
9. R.O.B. -3
10. Lucario -1
11. Olimar +7
12. Pikachu 0
13. Kirby +1
14. Donkey Kong -4
15. Ice Climbers -2
16. Zero Suit Samus +5
17. Toon Link 0
18. Pit -3
19. Peach +5
20. Wolf -4
21. Luigi +2
22. Zelda -2
23. Bowser -1
24. Fox -6
25. Sheik +1
26. Ike -1
27. Mario +2
28. Lucas -1
29. Ness -1
30. Samus +1
31. Sonic +2
32. Pokémon Trainer -2
33. Yoshi -1
34. Link +2
35. Jigglypuff -1
36. Ganondorf -1
37. Captain Falcon 0

We moved down 2 places...Discuss.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Better than where we would be without chaingrabs.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
IC's are better than 15th...

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Well that's okay since like there's so much characters to place on the tier list :3

IMO, it seems kinda =O but really after a thought about it I was like 0.0

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
Ive placed really high at almost every tourney and we are ranked so low:( I guess the six of us that actually main iceclimbers need to step it upXD

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
I main IC and TL equally all i need to do is perfect CG then i can help you guys with tourni rankings

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
why? the character didn't change any. its just effects how people see them. and if they see them as weaker then its a GOOD thing.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
It really doesn't matter to me. Ice Climbers have been my favorite character since Melee and I'd main them even if they were in F tier.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
LOL.
ICs aren't good at all.
The only thing we really have going for us are creative desynchs and CGs.
Oh, and we outnumber the opponent. xD

People are getting good at avoiding grabs, too.
Maybe that's why we're lower?

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
yeah right when they se us there like on dodge all Grabs mode

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
LOL.
ICs aren't good at all.
The only thing we really have going for us are creative desynchs and CGs.
Oh, and we outnumber the opponent. xD

People are getting good at avoiding grabs, too.
Maybe that's why we're lower?
Probably why.

OMG Kirby went up whoosh! xD And he took the ICs' place... with their small grab range and people knowing how to avoid it and such, they'll just drop on the tier list. ;-;

Edit...
Tier List said:
lolsatan.

Mr.Penguin

Smash Rookie
So basically, we all gotta start winning hardcore so we as IC can become awesome? :D

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
... Both my mains went down... T_T
Anyways, since there aren't enough people out there to show perfect cg's in tournaments, I guess they have just decided that chain grabs aren't as scary as they used to be since most people can break out before people can grab a 0-death since not many can speed grab consistently.

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
Two places isn't exactly all bad. Still not good, but you get the idea. Hey, if Sonic can move up, so can the ICs (in future tier lists, of course). My theory is that is their decline is at least partly dependent on tournament representation and rankings, which I'm sure the rest of you know about by now. Once I get back to my Wii in college, hopefully I'll be able to help you other IC users in that regard (first I need to get much better, but I'm willing to give it a shot).

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
IC players JUST started doing well right when we started discussing the tier list.

I can pretty much promise you guys that in the next tier list IC's will be higher :p. Lain,Melee1,Myself,Ambrose,FlyAmanita,etc will start ****** tournaments with IC's :).

I'm starting to use IC's in tournaments again. Thinking about dropping all my other characters save GW for them as well.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
ic Players Just Started Doing Well Right When We Started Discussing The Tier List.

I Can Pretty Much Promise You Guys That In The Next Tier List Ic's Will Be Higher :p. Lain,melee1,myself,ambrose,flyamanita,etc Will Start ****** Tournaments With Ic's :).

I'm Starting To Use Ic's In Tournaments Again. Thinking About Dropping All My Other Characters Save Gw For Them As Well.

The Prodigal Son Has Returned!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
And DMG himself has picked up the IC's :)

Padô

Smash Lord
Hello people from the IC section.

I can't hide my hapiness on this but I think I should TRY to show you why IC's gone down, well i think IC players are spending so much time on discovering new CGs and Infinites and your metagame is getting resumed to it, by the way i don't really see a good potential on the character, now something said here is true... WHAT IF YOU AIN'T GOT CGS AND INFINITES, maybe Capt.Crap ranks?

You should be popping champagne for the discovery of so many CGs

AND PLEASE DON'T THROW ROCKS ON ME if you didn't like the post, although write a reply saying: "bull****" or "Disagreed"

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
*throw rocks*

even without the Cg, the IC are still good. Just the gimp is the problem.

btw

CG = infinite

the Desyncs can confuse the opponent. Cg/Infinite isnt always needed.

*throws rocks* again

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
*Chucks ice* were not all CG were about desyching and NANA were all about nana or POP to people who have the alt. costume

smaci92

Smash Lord
guys...don't *throw rocks* and *chuck ice* lol...he actually does have point. so many Ice Climbers go for grabs the whole game, and that makes them suck. I agreed with him on that part....but the part I disagree with is:
WHAT IF YOU AIN'T GOT CGS AND INFINITES, maybe Capt.Crap ranks?
we aren't all about infinite's and chaingrabs. We have desyncing and decent tilts, aerials and smashes. People on the IC boards will flame you for saying this...lol so watch out...

but you kinda did prove a good point in a way...

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
lol, its true that he did....i think most IC will aim for Grabs most of the game. Domo for example doesnt CG and yet he doesnt suck at all.....i just thought of this but isnt Desyncing an another MetaGame for the IC Besides the grab?

*throws small piece of ice* at Pad

=3

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
WHAT IF YOU AIN'T GOT CGS AND INFINITES, maybe Capt.Crap ranks?
i don't cg, and i can still **** most of the cast (even a couple alts.) pretty **** well.

trust me, CGs are bearly even the half of it. its going to take a lot more to drop the ICs down to *shudder* Capt. Falcon's level.....

meepxzero

Smash Master
more i use ice climbers the less i rely on grabs. Grabs just make people die quicker its a plus, but its not the main thing they have. (cough desynching *****).

Plus when this list was released a lot of ice climber players have been hitting top 5 in a couple tourney. I won a tourney last week with them in md/va ;\.

Top Bottom