• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I'm also fairly certain G&W's upb still hits on frame 1...
pls no impeding nerfs

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
grabs start on frame 0. no joke

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Tiers cement around the metagame. Uness every character has an equal number of good and bad matchups, we are always going to have like 5+ teirs. The PMDT is working with over 40 characters, remember that.

If you look at some of the more viable characters this patch, almost all have a solid projectile. Even Fox has a way to do damage without approaching, and most of the rest have a projectile that disrupts movement. The exceptions have great movement and approach options to get around said projectiles.

I think that as the meta progresses the top tiers will either have good projectiles or the rushdown to handle projectiles. I see Falcon, Gannon, Roy, Marth, and Jigglypuff all being mid tier or lower since they generally rely on good spacing in the neutral to create opportunities for punishes. Characters with good setups just create fewer of these opportunities.
- - - - - - - -
I thought that all frame data included frame zero: it's the frame the move was inputted. You input the shine frame 0 and it comes out frame 1.

Last edited:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
lol. grab animation was listed as starting on frame 0 in melee debug mode. everything else was frame 1

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
More proof that grabs are broken

I like grabs

I'm so glad Smash has them

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd just like to throw out that one time on commentary, infinity told me
"Yeah, GnWs up B animation comes out frame 1 and the hitbox comes out frame 3"
I then very carefully told infinity how all animations start on the frame the move starts, and that the hitboxes are independent of that

Zoa

Smash Ace
Just curious, but how about implementing an ammo system overheat for the spacie blasters? It'd force the spacies to choose when to camp, and punish them by forcing them to commit for using it too much in an alloted time. It'd kinda be like a soft nerf of sorts without really changing their play style all that much.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Street Fighter is usually way more limited in mobility and freedom than Smash: comparing the ease of balancing the two I think is highly unfair. When you modify a throw, you have to factor in how that impacts opponents of varying weights and floatiness. When you change how a character edgeguards, you have a ton of different recovery choices to balance that against. The list of variables and concerns based on individual character traits (as the whole cast interacts with them and with stages), technically should be a couple magnitudes of scale greater for Smash.
I still think its very possible although difficult. Thankfully there is basically infinite time to fix this game unlike others.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
oh yeah, shameless plug but I'll be doing an ama on r/ssbpm tomorrow if you guys want to ask for my take on certain things

JOE!

Smash Hero
Just curious, but how about implementing an ammo system overheat for the spacie blasters? It'd force the spacies to choose when to camp, and punish them by forcing them to commit for using it too much in an alloted time. It'd kinda be like a soft nerf of sorts without really changing their play style all that much.
Honestly, I'd just do it so that after X lasers they simply have to go through the laggy "put gun away" animation instead of being able to cancel

D

Deleted member

I'd just like to throw out that one time on commentary, infinity told me
"Yeah, GnWs up B animation comes out frame 1 and the hitbox comes out frame 3"
I then very carefully told infinity how all animations start on the frame the move starts, and that the hitboxes are independent of that
i like infinity, but every time he says something objective on the stream i'm pretty sure i disagree with it like 100% of the time.

this is how i feel about sonic. just watch it.

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
i like infinity, but every time he says something objective on the stream i'm pretty sure i disagree with it like 100% of the time.

Is it just me or is this song really catchy? Hahaha

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542

Translation: Umbreon wants to have sex with sonic.

GabPR

Smash Lord

I deduced umbreon's opinion on Sonic... is that he runs dumb.

On another note I thank you, I was looking for a new favorite song. :)

supascoot

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SupaScoot

I can't believe how PMDT didn't think of this. With a nerf to his taunt cancel mindgames and a animation nerf to his dash, sonic would go from SSS+ tier to ^F tier in two seconds flat. (Running there with his dumb run of course)

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I still think we should push for a joke PM where every animation is dumb as ****

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Special Brawl: Give everybody Brawl Ganon run animation.

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Low Tier on the other hand welcomes all chars. Marth is in charge of that Pearly Gate

supascoot

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SupaScoot
There's only so much room in high tier make up your ****ing minds
Atleast its better than everyone calling their character "Midtier". Make up your mind on if your character is good or bad instead of picking the middle option all the time. While midtier is a thing, judge a character based on its merits instead of just giving it buzzword

Top Bottom