• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Most character are fine, they just are too safe and easy and just need some tweaks
like once people have stop hiding behind projectiles, kill throws or guarenteed folowups off throws at kill percents, obscene recoveries and brain dead combo moves(m2 tilts, lucas dair, etc) the characters would be fine
idk, I don't think any character is too broken conceptually right now except for maybe m2s teleport, they just have too many good things

I also think everthing to talk about has been talked about dozens of times over, and we should honestly just let the thread slowly die and revive it like 2 months in to 3.5

mimgrim

Smash Hero
PM Bowser needs to be upgraded in a similar way to Smash4 Bowser. Not saying he needs to be standing up or anything, but more of a normalization of being made faster and not being so goddamn slow. All fatties not named Charizard could use that kind of treatment really.

Foo

Smash Lord
Well, if you guys want to talk about "need fixes" characters, here's a few.

Roy: Almost perfect, just make his second side-b stall as much as his first so he doesn't die to gravity at 70% (yes I know how to di)

G&W: Change hitboxes to match animation (e.g. manhole shouldn't be one circle, same with chute). Also, change animations slightly to better indicate if the hitbox is out or not. Manhole keeps spinning for the frames where the hitbox leaves, so have it go motionless during that time. Dash attack animation is the same when the hitbox disappears so he tilts upward to indicate stopping. Since G&W isn't good, he would need some buffs as well. Since chute would only hit where the chute is, it should come out a lot faster. Since jab wouldn't hit behind him, he should have better ability to act out of it (not guaranteed though, just mixups) You get the idea

Captain Falcon: Can grab ledge at the apex of his up-b, allowing him sweetspot abilities similar to marth. (Can still be easily edgegaurded, but has to ledge guarded similarly to how one would ledgeguard shiek or marth.

Ness: Nerf PK fire, give him better neutral game tools overall

Mewtwo: Increase tail range slightly kappa

Last edited:

TreK

Is "that guy"
Oooh, that Luigi tech. We call it crawl dashing in Brawl. It only works when facing right tho, unless the PMBRDT has managed to fix that.

Foo

Smash Lord
And now nothing you said is valid anymore.
AD HOMINEM!!!!!!

I thought after that troll boomerang post got so many likes, people would realize when I'm joking lol. The rest were serious, that one was a joke. I'll even add in a kappa for ya

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
I'm kind of surprised that anyone thought you were serious about increasing tail range, but humor on the internet etc.

Oooh, that Luigi tech. We call it crawl dashing in Brawl. It only works when facing right tho, unless the PMBRDT has managed to fix that.
Still only works to the right, except if you do it for just one frame then I guess it works either way, conserves your WD momentum or something and just changes the direction. Dunno, I don't play Weegee but 1FD's gifs clearly display a variant of the tech used while facing left.

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What you really need, is Luigi moonwalking

Yep that's the next technique that will shore up his weaknesses

Along with pivot everything, scuffling, wave pooping, tilt elongating, RAR fisherman swatting, nose breaking, gum chewing, and Tabasco drizzling

B.W.

Smash Champion
AD HOMINEM!!!!!!

I thought after that troll boomerang post got so many likes, people would realize when I'm joking lol. The rest were serious, that one was a joke. I'll even add in a kappa for ya
You'll have to excuse me, it's very hard to tell who's joking and who's not in this thread anymore. I've seen some radical junk similar to what you posted where the posters we serious. You've seen it too, don't lie.

didds

Smash Lord
don't worry, I got this... *clears throat*

this thread is dumb :bee:

thank you everyone, I'll be back in around 8 months

1FD

Smash Ace
The argument for Luigi's potential seems to hinge on some other-worldly ability by the Luigi player, that's never matched by the opponent. Like Armada M2K DRPP level Luigi player, and the opponent is "Kevin" from Kentucky.

ZOMG Luigi is good they said
Maybe you missed earlier convos but this is probs where nausicaa would come in and be like 'i didnt beat pp and m2k with pm luigi so how did i win' or something like that.
That like 2010 or something though so metagame grew and luigi sucks balls in melee can't win with him these days im sure
Most character are fine, they just are too safe and easy and just need some tweaks
like once people have stop hiding behind projectiles, kill throws or guarenteed folowups off throws at kill percents, obscene recoveries and brain dead combo moves(m2 tilts, lucas dair, etc) the characters would be fine
idk, I don't think any character is too broken conceptually right now except for maybe m2s teleport, they just have too many good things

I also think everthing to talk about has been talked about dozens of times over, and we should honestly just let the thread slowly die and revive it like 2 months in to 3.5
never give up never surren,,,

nvm i quit playing smash like a month ago and won't play until 3.5
But spam is fun
wait can you point me to a guide on how to actually do this
Not that I know of I'm not even doing it right in the gifs
Techs hurt my face if it's not wolf or kirby stealing things and playing with stolen b move uses

Avro-Arrow

Smash Journeyman
Ivysaur is probably considered by most Zards one of his worst matchups honestly.
Huh. I guess i just have a preference for it maybe? I find that Ivy gets wrecked once Charizard gets in, and I guess I haven't been having too much trouble approaching. Whatever. I can see how it would be hard for Charizard.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Give Mario his 64 fireball speed

Screw it, there needs to be a 64 mode for PM, everyone has n64esque models, hitstun is ****ing ridiculous, cant charge smashes, ect

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
How bout you just leave Captain Falcon in N64 mode, with Knee, + he gets defensive brawl options like early airdodges to avoid combos

B.W.

Smash Champion
Let's give Captain Falcon his n64 U-Smash You know, that weird elbow thing he does.

Looks like he's dancin

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
PM should get the Mario Party 2 treatment: everyone gets cool costumes based on what stage you pick

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No dummy, they will have cool space suits with colorful Galaxy-style prints and patterns

DK won't get any pants though. I didn't start this idea to give clothes to monkeys. He'll be fine with just a top

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Olimar gets removed from Smash, in my Utopian version of Smash with costumes.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
No but seriously,
Falcon's Up-B needs to be a kill move.
Mario's fireballs should go faster, travels half the range, less damage
Pit's arrows shouldn't be infinite or able to curve

:troll:

Last edited:

1FD

Smash Ace
Pit's arrows ARE kill moves!
Pit gets one JUST ONE read on wolf and throws him off stage it's like 1 mistake from wolf from there and that's a kill. Arrows > life.
Luckily wolf can dance around his neutral looking to poke holes and Pit has to make the read, but **** that char still

I watched mangos godly falcon and fox lose to a mario, and the thing I noticed most even when I was a scrub (ok im still a scrub but whatever) was how the mario almost NEVER left the ground in the whole set

Then a year or 2 later I watched scorp (mango) playing mario against shiz's at the time pretty much top falco and it was the same deal with mario almost never leaving the ground for almost anything but combos

Then a year or 2 later and in comes PM Mario and THAT IS NO LONGER A THING

Now Mario floats around like UMVC3 Zero with Doom hidden missiles backing him up like a ****ing spaceship because who the heck needs to develop metagame when it's so accessible to jump and press B and poke with smash-style divekicks while covering yourself in the process with projectiles and hard hitboxes

Otherwise mario is cool I like fighting him because I can deal with his *** with a dancingpantsy wolf still

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I erected imagining Ganon's fair just being a sideways version of his dair. All his other aerials too lmao.
this just in, "erected" is not the proper verb

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Erected and all variants are always the proper verbs

Top Bottom