• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

D

Deleted member

sometimes i think the character balance in this game is kinda frustrating. then i think, wow, a group of people that i don't even know has the patience to put up with a ****ing asshole like me enough to actually consider my plights. i was a bit smitten.

WIZRD.Pro

Smash Apprentice
What I'd like to see is some buffs for Ganon. Considering his Forward Special and Down Air both lead into Tech Chase opportunities, I think it'd be quite a nice change in pace for him to become a sort of "Chaser" character. I do not we've ever seen a character who can have a playstyle built around getting a tech chase, so I think adding something like this would be really refreshing.

My idea, the Footsie Cancel:
  • Grounded Wizard's Foot could be canceled into a forward air Wizard's Fist or Gerudo Dragon (aerial version) anytime a few frames after it's hitboxes come out. You can also cancel it into a Fair or a Dair, but you'll land before they can really be used effectively.
  • Uses:
    • You can Footsie Cancel a Dair into an L-Cancel for greater mobility. While this does make Ganon more agile, it can be punished if predicted or used too close to opponents. It is mostly useful for mixups or resetting to neutral.
    • You can Wizard's Foot into Wizard's Fist to style on opponents or for an interesting followup.While I don't really see this being too useful on-stage, I see it could lead into some really Hype off-stage edgeguards. It can also be Wave-Bounced so there's also that.
      • You can Footsie Cancel off of a platform into a Dair or Fair to add a bit of range to your approach.
      • You can Footsie Cancel into a Gerudo Dragon with different timings to mixup your dash-dancing. While it may be dangerous if you whiff, it allows you to put your opponent into a Tech Chase opportunity and has quite a few mixups beforehand. You could make your Footsie Cancel timings vary while every so often throwing in a Footsie Canceled Dair or two to throw off opponents. Opponents would be very afraid of getting caught by the Gerudo Dragon as that means he could catch them with a grab at low percents, a Forward Air at high, or a Dair or another Gerudo Dragon for another Tech Chase.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
IDK, it seems easy enough to punish and would help him, he really isn't that great of a character.
It isn't about character balance, it just doesn't really make sense. I mean if we wanted to have character balance, we might as well give a lot of characters cancels. It's more about keeping the integrity of the character in mind while making tweaks to the character. For example, canceling Wizard's foot would look really weird.

jtm94

Smash Lord
How about Ganon stays where he is and keeps his derpy command suicide grab tech chase highlight video combo move. And we acknowledge not every character needs to be top tier.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Shut your mouth right now

Put me in charge of balancing all of the LoZ characters. I will do proper justice to Ganon, Link, and Zelda. Sheik will get no changes so she's not included

Unneeded spoiler alert: Link will go in the toilet, Zelda will be removed, and Ganon will have 5 jumps with auto triple shine if you land Fair

Last edited:

Circle_Breaker

Smash Journeyman
Sheik should have a down B and be a separate character from Zelda. Come at me, purists.

(the downb should still be useless. or alternatively, the downb should be shine)

D

Deleted member

or it could be a legit attack

pretty sure the zelda players like switching to sheik and the sheik players want nothing to do with zelda.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Zelda still transforms into Sheik with her Down B.
Sheik can no longer transform, but has a real Down B.
That way Zelda players don't have to be punished for picking Zelda and can still fix their mistake midmatch.
:yeahboi:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The mistake is not picking Zelda, instead it's actu-

Wait, who am I kidding

BURN ZELDA AT THE STAKE!

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I switch to Zelda when I'm getting bopped and I figure **** it I'll just use a dumb character

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Unneeded spoiler alert: Link will go in the toilet, Zelda will be removed, and Ganon will have 5 jumps with auto triple shine if you land Fair
What kinda shine? LIke the wonky Wolf shine that sets up into another fair/or suicide side B?
Flaco's fair that allows REAL pillars or POWER?
Or that measly Fax Shine.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Zelda is boring and uninspired. Kick city, she ain't no basic b****

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
I actually want to know. Does the PMBR nerf characters because people cry about them or because they legitimately think some characters need to be looked at and tweaked?

D

Deleted member

I actually want to know. Does the PMBR nerf characters because people cry about them or because they legitimately think some characters need to be looked at and tweaked?
i would imagine that the prior inspires the latter.

Top Bottom