• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Lol Mewtwo is going to be nerfed so goddamned hard

Hopefully it goes something like BlazBlue CT Rachel > BlazBlue CS Rachel
Mewtwo gets nerfed
-you cry X as next broken character

And how do you know again? You're not even apart of the PMBR. Besides, tail nerfs and no more Hover out of Teleport won't make this character unusable all of a sudden lol. And it doesn't solve the problem that Ganondorf is still bad.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Lol Mewtwo is going to be nerfed so goddamned hard

Hopefully it goes something like BlazBlue CT Rachel > BlazBlue CS Rachel
More like Smash 64 Kirby > Melee Kirby. And considering that CS Rachel is one of the biggest beatings with the nerf stick i have ever seen in a fighting game, i don't think we want to see Mewtwo head down on that path. Should he be nerfed, Float out of Teleport should be taken out, but he should not be nerfed to the point where everyone dropped the character and went with someone else (like Rachel).

Last edited:

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Most likely scenario: long list of nerfs, everyone quits mewtwo

6 months later, someone picks him back up, realizes he's still stupid strong.

Last edited:

kaizo13

Smash Champion
so the sonic effect

yes, sonic is still good you crybabies

Last edited:

kaizo13

Smash Champion
you asked if sonic can beat fox, yes he can.
is sonic better than fox? no

good thing nobody plays a perfect fox

edit: and if you're asking for every character to go 50/50 with fox thats unrealistic

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
Seriously, 2.6 Sonic was still good.
I've heard people act like he is trash but mid tier in an undeveloped meta is not "trash"

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Mario's nerf will probably be minor, to say the least. Now m2, I can see him losing a lot with the up coming patch. Fox? They'll probably do something again, that doesn't even matter.

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
If Ganon were to get buffs I would give him two major ones and one minor give him above average dash speed (not Falcon maybe like somewhere around Bowser's) or better air speed and give him a faster jump squat (helping his OoS options. The minor one would be lower reaching hitboxes so short character don't **** him over.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Sheik escaped Ganon's grasp for years in OoT so it only makes sense canonically that I can avoid his grasp in Smash by crouching.
:denzel:

Last edited:

kaizo13

Smash Champion
any character that received notable nerfs in the past and then was recompensated, was mostly due to redesign purposes

there's more to character balancing than just buffing or nerfing their current moveset

Last edited:

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Oh, they also nerfed Bowser when he was already the worst character

But we don't talk about that :<
Bowser was never the worst. There was a point where Gimpyfish was taking all the tourneys and also a bunch of random Bowsers popped out of nowhere and started placing high.

I think the nerfs were justified

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Come to Big House so I can change that!
I can't get to LTC 2 and it makes me sad. :(
Someone from michigan actually offered to pay for my hotel if I came to big house, and all of the TX guys are coming because TLOC is streaming. I'll try but yknow, being a kid is tough.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Bowser was once reigning champ in tournament wins after Fox at one point, so it certainly wasn't a fluke. Regardless of whether he got nerfed or not, his metagame and results had no where to go but down as more players adapted.

jtm94

Smash Lord
I'm just really hoping Zelda doesn't get changed because of scrubs complaining, even the same with Sonic and I hate Sonic. It's just that after playing characters while they were bad, I don't want to see Sonic go back to just being bad again. That would be inexcusable for the PMBR to make the same mistakes to the same characters and I can't play a game with such inconsistent character design.

Last edited:

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Silent Wolf, Bladewise and Vish are far from scrubs
Bladewise is bad at PM, and Silent Wolf doesn't really play it iirc, nor does he have a lot of experience laming people out with grabs.

Luigi probably has a pretty awful MU on bowser though. Unless he doesn't. I don't know.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
1) ike went from being silly bad design in 2.1 to being the solidest mid-tier in the entire cast, more changes like ike's imo

2) for a quick reminder, here's the 2.6 -> 3.0 changes on bowser

- Dash length very slightly shortened
- Dash grab reverted to pre-2.6 animation and tweaked for readability. Bowser grabs slightly later, but grab range should now match animation properly
- Up Tilt initial knockback stats increased to match Melee’s. Frame timing adjusted so that the move degrades sooner, when Bowser is swiping above his head
- Neutral Air knockback stats reduced to be closer to Melee’s
- Back Air’s IASA timings delayed to match Melee’s
- Forward Air’s hitboxes restructured into a tipper format. The inner “flub” hitboxes have damage and knockback approximating Melee’s hitboxes, while the tipper hitbox has damage and comparable knockback to PM 2.5’s forward air
- Forward air now has a claw trail that traces the hitbox arc
- Whirling Fortress edgehog behavior changed to no longer auto-snap to ledges. Requires some finesse to fortress hog now
- Grounded Whirling Fortress initial hitboxes further shrunk and later hitbox coverage restructured to match the animation better
- Aerial Whirling Fortress hitboxes redone to reduce vertical coverage and slightly increase horizontal reach
- Whirling Fortress animation has slight tweaks for polish
- Flamebreath hitboxes redone. They now start with lower damage but gain damage as they travel, being strongest at the tip. Grounded foes are now pushed down and out of the flames
- Aerial Flamebreath hitboxes have unaltered knockback behavior, but have the scaling damage and no longer flinch at the tip
- Aerial Koopa Klaw has slightly less horizontal movement

jtm94

Smash Lord
Why did Bowser receive such changes? Yet Donkey Kong keeps getting better and better. Something seems fishy. They both share similar weaknesses and MUs from what I have seen/experienced, but DK absolutely wrecks any character he can combo. That grab range is absurd.

Donkey Kong is easy god tier post recovery conversion, he shouldn't receive any more beneficial changes. Hopefully Bowser gets at least something that isn't super armor oriented because that is a bad way to buff anything, I want the momentum from Koopa Klaw back.

WIZRD.Pro

Smash Apprentice
1) ike went from being silly bad design in 2.1 to being the solidest mid-tier in the entire cast, more changes like ike's imo
I concur, Ike IMO is incredibly balanced, I hope PMBR uses him as a baseline for the 3.5 nerfs and buffs.

t3chn0g0at

Smash Cadet
I really don't think Mario or Zelda need to be changed. Zelda already isn't that good to begin with imo, and Mario feels really good, but he's more or less just the king of 'fair' characters.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I've picked up olimar recently and I think he's also incredibly balanced.

Top Bottom