• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
^ is what I was saying. In addition, your post completely neglects how the opponent adapts. Feel free to continue flaming though, whatever floats your boat.
you've missed my point twice now, then decided to add passive-aggressiveness to it

you're a real treat to talk to, aren't you

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
Let's be honest here, Mewtwo is only dominating because he noms on spacies for breakfast. That's not to say he isn't really good, but his metagame is far too underdeveloped for us to be saying he needs a nerf. Anyone with a good disjoint can bait and punish his tail with good spacing. After that you just need to juggle hi, reading his teleports and punishing them as he uses them to try and escape. It's not going to be the easiest matchup for anyone, but given some time people will learn how to deal with mewtwo. If he does anything to the tier list it will be bringing the spacies down a peg, something most all of us would agree is a good thing.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Do you think MK is top 5?

edit: superiority complex really? Thanks kid, I'm glad I got a dx from the best psychologist on swf

Last edited:

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
He cannot accept the fact that Meta Knight, despite the nerfs, still receives rather valuable match-ups to his disposal. In fact, some of his nerfs can be turned around as buffs. His B-air, for example, is better for him than his previous, since it provides a better finishing than before and can add into (somewhat) a wall of pain. Though the L-Cancelling and buffs of many other characters, alongside Melee's physics, Meta Knight definitely may suffer on that, but he still has dedicated players getting him on good leads in tournaments.

I would at least rank Meta Knight around 5, max, behind Diddy Kong. (And just wondering, who else thinks that the S-Tier space should be as ludicrous as Melee's for P:M? You know, 8 characters in the S-Tier?)

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
In terms of top 7, no particular order:
:falco::fox::diddy::link2::mario2::ivysaur::metaknight:
My opinion, really.
Remove link and ivy and put like, Lucas and maybe marth or some other really good character like, MERBE, m2. Then this would look p solid.
Link and ivy are good, but they aren't top 10 material man.

Last edited:

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
He cannot accept the fact that Meta Knight, despite the nerfs, still receives rather valuable match-ups to his disposal. In fact, some of his nerfs can be turned around as buffs. His B-air, for example, is better for him than his previous
Wait people consider Bair a nerf? It was specifically changed to give him a better aerial finisher. If you want a move that works like old Bair you have Fair.

Remove link and ivy and put like, Lucas and maybe marth or some other really good character like, MERBE, m2. Then this would look p solid.
Link and ivy are good, but they aren't top 10 material man.
I definitely disagree, they're both among the best zoners in the game and right now there's no real evidence to suggest that zoning is weak in general. I think you can make a decent case for either of them for top 5 and they're both pretty likely in top 10.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
How the **** is M2 not the best in the game...?
Holy ****, this board is cancerous.

Last edited:

GreenDude

Smash Cadet
Game&watch bottom tier? Have you not seen Nintendude's game&watch that goes to finals? Jesus.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I mean, it's an interesting concept, so why not adopt it to P:M?
I realize that you may be new to the scene, but the "Community Tier List" by Sveet is a complete joke. The top 8 characters are not in the same tier, the game is very obviously not that balanced. Older more reputable tier lists had a maximum of 4 characters in S Tier, but most had just Fox and Falco by themselves.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
I realize that you may be new to the scene, but the "Community Tier List" by Sveet is a complete joke. The top 8 characters are not in the same tier, the game is very obviously not that balanced. Older more reputable tier lists had a maximum of 4 characters in S Tier, but most had just Fox and Falco by themselves.
Ah, I see. I guess I could be fine with 4 characters in S-Tier, and I'm partial to having 5.

Ace55

Smash Lord
Ah, I see. I guess I could be fine with 4 characters in S-Tier, and I'm partial to having 5.
The amount of characters in S (or any) tier should be determined by their viability in a tournament setting. For instance, if Olimar turns out to be far and away the best character in PM (god help us) he should be S-Tier all by himself. Likewise if it turns out that the 6 top chars are all perceived to be pretty much equally viable then they should all be S-Tier. You don't have to drop one of them down to A-Tier just so you can have five S-Tiers, what would be the point?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
I'm under the impression that M2 is only doing well because he eats spacies for breakfast. People will learn how to deal with him. Besides, we've been looking for someone to knock the spacies down a peg for a while now. This is out guy!

Not to say he isn't really good.

Last edited:

Saproling

Smash Journeyman
Link is good and he can win but he's not top 7. Top 10 might be a stretch as well.
I feel that way about Ivy as well she MAY be in 10th or 9th but not above that.As for Link he will only get weaker as time goes on.

But what about Tink?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Link is definitely a top 10 character.

although he's probably a tier lower than those above him

Last edited:

B.W.

Smash Champion
But Ripple. Isn't everyone a lower tier than those above them?

Also, Link is a good character. Top 15 probably. I'm among those who think T. Link is the better between the two though. T.Link has safer attacks that are still powerful and has all of the same kill setups as Link and more. He's also more mobile than Link.

The only places T. Link falls short compared to Link are his arrows, boomerang startup but T.Link's boomerang goes farther and he can follow up at almost any range, and his recovery which is probably the most notable difference between the two.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
no.

is fox a tier below those possibly better than him? no

Top Bottom