• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

PastLink

Smash Journeyman
lol@Fox and Falco being the hardest ones to use.

Right, I just know they require alot of tech skill to be good. where would they be better placed in your opinion?

EDIT: honestly i was unsure with all the melee gods because i've only ever really seen videos. the only match up experience with one is falco, i got a friend who's been playing competetively for awhile who uses him. but either way, i haven't seen a gross amount of videos, just some.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Right, I just know they require alot of tech skill to be good. where would they be better placed in your opinion?

EDIT: honestly i was unsure with all the melee gods because i've only ever really seen videos. the only match up experience with one is falco, i got a friend who's been playing competetively for awhile who uses him. but either way, i haven't seen a gross amount of videos, just some.
Depends. If the list assumes that you already know wavedashing/wavedashing isn't hard for you, then the spacies are pretty low on the list.

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Right, I just know they require alot of tech skill to be good.
A lot of tech skill isn't necessarily required to be "good". When people say they are hard to play as, they mean it's hard to play at their peak performance.

PastLink

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, seriously? G Dubs makes half the cast think they were fighting with training gloves while his are weighted with the souls of the damned. Needless to say he hits like a 2D truck.
why is GNW at low damage

pathetic

sorry, not much experience with him, I didn't quite know where to put him. But I didn't know he dished out that much damage

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
No harm no foul dawg. I'm just sayin I've made my friend who's a Ganon main double take and weep internally.
The fact that GnW can juggle vertically, harass the crap out of people with meat, and throw Donnie (bair) into Judgment, and gatling combo into one hell of a powerful Usmash is enough to make even the great Bowser weep internally.

GnW is at least mid-tier or very close.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Dacus Upsmash with GnW is legit. No reason to expect people not to get hit by it, especially when you can combo dash attack into it depending on DI.

PastLink

Smash Journeyman
Dacus Upsmash with GnW is legit. No reason to expect people not to get hit by it, especially when you can combo dash attack into it depending on DI.

so I've been wondering, DACUS was easy in brawl. I didn't even know about the gatling combos till now. but when i try to dacus now i can't seem to get it with anybody. how does one dacus in PM? is there a specific time frame?

Scythe

Smash Master
it's harder in pm, like way harder. it's also harder for some characters than others.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
ganon's is pretty simple to use, the timing isn't all that bad. i hear gnw and lucas have the hardest timing, though?

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Marth/Roy/Wolf I believe have the hardest DACUS timings. GnW is pretty hard, or rather awkward. Lucas has it pretty easy though.

DACUS is based off of characters jump squat and some acceleration from dash attacks I believe. Someone like Standardtoaster knows more tbh.

hand

Smash Cadet
What do you guys think about M2K considering Ivysaur to be the strongest character in 2.6b?
At least that's what he said in his AMA. He also stated that Ivy will get nerfed.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think GnW and Lucas have the same timing. 1 frame if you use a grab input and 2 frames if you use an attack input.

Either way, even the more difficult DACUS like Roy and Marths are not nearly as difficult as something like Melee Samus SWD, for example.

GeZ

Smash Lord
What do you guys think about M2K considering Ivysaur to be the strongest character in 2.6b?
At least that's what he said in his AMA. He also stated that Ivy will get nerfed.
M2K has interesting views of character ability. I don't think that Ivysaur is a push over, really she is quite strong, but the strongest is a bit much. M2K has voiced before that he thinks Shiek is bad in P:M and thought Bowser was really high tier at one point. He's a good player, just with some weird opinions that should be taken with some salt shakers.

hand

Smash Cadet
However, isn't it true that Sheik is kinda outdone by other characters and Bowser rocks hard in pm?
How it comes you disagree with him?

GeZ

Smash Lord
However, isn't it true that Sheik is kinda outdone by other characters and Bowser rocks hard in pm?
How it comes you disagree with him?
Shiek is still top 5 materiel easily. I haven't heard a convincing argument against that. She was balanced a bit more but still thrashes in this game. And Bowser is awesome, yes, I even mained him at one point, but he's not top tier, nor close. He has some really ****ty match ups and it takes a really amazing player to make King Koopa shine.

D

Deleted member

No way Ivysaur is the best character in 2.6b. I wouldn't even put her in the top 5, although she is in my top 10. A lot of her moves are getting change-nerfed, however, because she had some obnoxiously good tools and didn't leave much room for creativite play.
Sheik is still terrific in PM. I sincerely do not understand why he thinks otherwise, and I don't understand what you mean when you say she's "outdone by other characters." Who "oudoes" her? In what ways?

GeZ

Smash Lord
You really didn't get me there, did you? :D
I'm still a bit shaky on their being anything to get. You want to run what you meant past me in more words?

No way Ivysaur is the best character in 2.6b. I wouldn't even put her in the top 5, although she is in my top 10.

Sheik is still terrific in PM. I sincerely do not understand why he thinks otherwise.
Also, this.

hand

Smash Cadet
The cast of pm currently is full of really strong characters. In my opinion AT LEAST half of them are strong enough to win tournaments.
That's what I meant by "top 5", but I cannot expect anyone to get the irony I'm afraid.

GeZ

Smash Lord
The cast of pm currently is full of really strong characters. In my opinion AT LEAST half of them are strong enough to win tournaments.
That's what I meant by "top 5", but I cannot expect anyone to get the irony I'm afraid.

I was thinking you might have meant that, but you see, top 5 is a fairly straightforward phrase, usually referring very literally to the top 5 of something. So saying that at least half of them are in the top 5 doesn't make any logical, grammatical, or literal sense, nor is it ironic.

It's just an unfortunate choice of words.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
i wouldn't say i'd know enough to place ivy anywhere other than just say high to top, but i think it's fair to say she has a toxic play style PMBR is willing to change to get rid of
like, give marth a top 3 projectile and another really good one, but with bad movement
that's ivy

hand

Smash Cadet
Yes it does. Just imagine a ranking with a lot of equally ranked competitors. So you got like 25 competitors ranked 1st and then the list proceeds with 26th, 27th, 27th, 27th, 30th, ...
However, that's just the improbable theory behind my apparently provocative post and shouldn't be the topic here.
Well, if you disagree with M2K I am rather curious to hear about your personal opinion.
What do you consider to be the strongest overall character in 2.6b?

hand

Smash Cadet
Dude your profile pic plus your text analysis is freakin epic xD
Yeah you pretty much summed it up.

@DrinkingFood: Wouldn't a "Toxic Playstyle" fit Ivysaur rather well being a Poison Type?!
#trololololol

GeZ

Smash Lord
That's hyperbole. Not irony. Even then it's loose hyperbole. There are just so many better words to use man. I love words. There are so many better ones than what you chose.

hand

Smash Cadet
I really don't see the point in you trying to tell me what kind of words I am supposed to use.
I personally like the word "irony" in that context just as good as "hyperbole" and don't see any reason why anyone should be bothered enough to tell me not to do.

GeZ

Smash Lord
I really don't see the point in you trying to tell me what kind of words I am supposed to use.
I personally like the word "irony" in that context just as good as "hyperbole" and don't see any reason why anyone should be bothered enough to tell me not to do.

God jesus. Okay. It's nothing personal, I just don't like bad writing. It's a pet peeve. It flips my wig. So i'll just steer clear of your posts.

Top Bottom