• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
Up tilt sends at a fairly disgusting angle and is suuper strong. It's like an F-Smash.

Bair sends higher (ayy it might not) and is weaker.

Read ledgedash? DISGUSTING LAND STOMP
Ganon 101.

Bair never actually catches up to the foot (22%) hit of utilt, it's damage causes it to increase at a higher rate than bair despite it's lower kbg.
Bair eventually catches up to the shoulder (20%) hit of utilt, but only at high percents (passes at 113% on an opponent of 100 weight).

So utilt is gonna be stronger like 90% of the time.

Though Volt-Ikazuchi Volt-Ikazuchi probably meant that bair outclasses it due to it being easier to land and a safer move.
Yeah, that's what I meant. Bair is easier to land in most cases, and I think it's faster and a bit more subtle than Uair. So while Uair is stronger, Bair is used more often and is generally the better option unless you get the right conditions to throw the flash kick.
Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Edit: Wait, we're talking about Up Tilt? My B. Completely different moves and uses, sorry.

U-Tilt is stupid powerful, but you need to condition your opponent to actually get busy doing something else thats not dodging or flat out countering the tilt. So yeah, it's pretty much only useable for edgeguarding, but Bair is a more versatile and safer option.

Actually, that kinda fits what I've said before on a more extreme level. Weird.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
ganon's bair is slower than uair, but it's stronger. uair is a massive coverage option that's kinda safe on shield, but you mostly use it for it's super fast start up (hits frame5) and huge hitbox arc around him. bair hits... frame12, i think... and has a more specific hitbox, but it's safer on shield and is less commitment overall (since it ends sooner) allowing you wl tricks, along with being a stronger hit overall.

they tend to have different uses (bair is more of a poke, uair is more to keep people from landing and for jumping up under recovering opponents and pooping in their wheaties, for more generalised roles) but are both really good aerials.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Volt-Ikazuchi Volt-Ikazuchi Oh, why were you talking about uair?
Bair is stronger than uair, though uair is likely a better move due to having more utility.

CORY CORY pls, uair is frame 6 and bair is frame 10

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
WAIT.

CAN WE TALK ABOUT HOW DISGUSTINGLY LONG THE BAIR ACTIVE FRAMES ARE?

I don't even know the frame data but when I'm playing Ganon it's like I stick my fist out and then push it into them and they die.

Bazkip

Smash Master
WAIT.

CAN WE TALK ABOUT HOW DISGUSTINGLY LONG THE BAIR ACTIVE FRAMES ARE?

I don't even know the frame data but when I'm playing Ganon it's like I stick my fist out and then push it into them and they die.
It's active frames 5-10
I don't think that's particularly long...?

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
Mario's bair is active frames 6-17, so yea that's not particularly long at all
Though Mario's strong hit is only the first 3 frames whereas Ganon's bair sweetspot is active for the whole duration, so maybe that's what people find surprising? Idk that's still not that long though.

Last edited:

Jonyc128

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jonnyc64
Though Mario's strong hit is only the first 3 frames whereas Ganon's bair sweetspot is active for the whole duration, so maybe that's what people find surprising? Idk that's still not that long though.
Yea but if Mario gets the sourspot, he can just double jump, bair again, and drift back to ledge

Bazkip

Smash Master
Yea but if Mario gets the sourspot, he can just double jump, bair again, and drift back to ledge
I'm not talking about the actual applications of the different hits, it's just that people may be expecting Ganon's bair to be weaker later in the animation, as many other attacks behave that way.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
i think the thing with ganons aerials is the combination of power, speed, coverage, and disjoint. theyre not neccesarily the most powerful aerials, nor the quickest, but when you throw a crap ton of disjoint on all of them, and make them all have really good coverage, low aerial endlag, and do enough damage to at least keep him relatively safe on shield, it adds up to some pretty stacked moves.

except for dair. dair literally is the most powerful aerial, ever.

nimigoha

Smash Ace
He kinda deserves it though.

Looks at Falcon's Nair, 6 and 10

Looks at Ganon's Nair that was cloned from Falcon's Nair, 2 and 2

Yeah.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
what is sonic's matchup spread

on paper sonic seems like a really good character, but I feel like he might suffer from squirtle/melee mario syndrome where the stubbiness of his limbs isn't offset by how mobile he is. or they theoretically offset and one can treat speed = range in an ideal situation but making that conversion work at the current lower level we're at is difficult

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
what is sonic's matchup spread

on paper sonic seems like a really good character, but I feel like he might suffer from squirtle/melee mario syndrome where the stubbiness of his limbs isn't offset by how mobile he is. or they theoretically offset and one can treat speed = range in an ideal situation but making that conversion work at the current lower level we're at is difficult
you can't be melee mario on argument of stubbiness when melee mario's issue was being all around mediocre

sonic is dramatically faster, with safe shine-like tools (DACG for guaranteed grabs on shield from a frame 2 or 3 option, wavedash out of side-b), and great tools for avoiding excessive punishment and for recovering

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
you can't be melee mario on argument of stubbiness when melee mario's issue was being all around mediocre

sonic is dramatically faster, with safe shine-like tools (DACG for guaranteed grabs on shield from a frame 2 or 3 option, wavedash out of side-b), and great tools for avoiding excessive punishment and for recovering
ok yeah ignore that part bout mario

JesteRace

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of Sonic. GabPR, the #1 player in Puerto Rico, just won his first tourney in the US, in South Florida. Beat up a bunch of their top players, including Noghrilla, Jfyst, and Hero of Time. He plays Sonic. The videos are all up on the South Florida PM YouTube page. He plays Sonic like I've never seen, in neutral and punish game. I recommend watching a set or two.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
gabpr's sonic made me happy because he made sonic look like an actual character that wasn't just sideb or downb in neutral and it made me happy and scared to see sonic played like an actual character because sonic is good

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
why does gabpr dair into jab. like he got ten million uthrow dairs on noghrilla and all he did after was jab and noghrilla could have easily CC'd the jabs into something... like shield->grab to cover other options. of all the other options he has, he picks like the worst one and it kinda works cause I guess noghrilla doesn't CC much or something. Idk it disappointed me a little bit. there was huge potential there for some hella follow-ups

eideeiit

Smash Ace
Has anyone ever looked into CGing Jiggs with kIrby dthrow? I noticed this just now while messing around and it seems to work like REALLY well (30-160%). My testing may just suck tho.

Seems to be somewhat close to frame perfect before like 70 %

It looks like a grab on Jiggs with Kirby at 70% is guaranteed death. The chaingrab seems to last till like 150, when an ftilt should finish the stock. Still needs testing with DIs, rests and jump outs tho.

Last edited:

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
Volt-Ikazuchi Volt-Ikazuchi Oh, why were you talking about uair?
Bair is stronger than uair, though uair is likely a better move due to having more utility.
I was talking about Uair because my eyesight is really, really bad and I could swear we were talking about the last active frames of Uair that pretty much sends you at a physics-defying angle. Uair is pretty much a jack of all trades in Ganon's air game, but if I need people flying at that angle and fast, I'd rather use Bair if I can.
Sorry for the confusion though.

That Nair nerf was a complete overkill too. 2 active frames is just silly.

I didn't even knew Jigglypuff could be chaingrabbed. That could be funny if it can't be escaped with DI, but unlikely.

GabPR

Smash Lord
why does gabpr dair into jab. like he got ten million uthrow dairs on noghrilla and all he did after was jab and noghrilla could have easily CC'd the jabs into something... like shield->grab to cover other options. of all the other options he has, he picks like the worst one and it kinda works cause I guess noghrilla doesn't CC much or something. Idk it disappointed me a little bit. there was huge potential there for some hella follow-ups
Your right, I was aware it was possible for him to CC and avoid the jabs entirely, it was possibly better and safer to follow up with other stuff like a direct regrab, side b into something, down b (at higher percents) into a continuation, etc. Since I noticed he was not crouch canceling the jabs though, I continued using it as my follow up of choice since it racked up some extra damage before a regrab.

FreeGamer

Smash Ace
Has anyone ever looked into CGing Jiggs with kIrby dthrow? I noticed this just now while messing around and it seems to work like REALLY well (30-160%). My testing may just suck tho.

Seems to be somewhat close to frame perfect before like 70 %

It looks like a grab on Jiggs with Kirby at 70% is guaranteed death. The chaingrab seems to last till like 150, when an ftilt should finish the stock. Still needs testing with DIs, rests and jump outs tho.
I wouldn't count on it. Better to jab immediately after the throw and see how the Puff reacts. :p

eideeiit

Smash Ace
Not like I didn't test for DI at all. Just not exhaustively you know.
But so far I've found out that provided frame perfect inputs, DI away-down (the throw's angle is about 45° so it's pretty optimal i think)...
at 10%: tech chase for kirby, Jiggs can't jump out
at 20%:tech chase for kirby, Jiggs can jump out
at 30%:tech chase or jabs for Kirby, Jiggs can't jump out
at 40%:tech chase or jabs, Jiggs can jump out

provided frame perfect inputs, DI in-up
at 10%: rest for jiggs if kirby does anything offensive or stands
at 20%: same as above
at 30%: anything offensive and standing but jabs can be rested
at 40%: same as above

It appears to be a pretty weird situation. Resting Kirby just as he grabs seems to be possible pretty often, but if kirby's a frame late you just rested air. Lots of options for both sides.
hurggh. Why did I did I waste 2 hours of my life for this?

Anyway, seems like dthrow to jabs is good from 30% onwards, regrabs I didn't test that throughly, but at 100% they seem to become guaranteed with frame perfect regrabs and I think they go on for a good while and can end with an ftilt finisher as I've already said.

I'm a bad tester etc.

D e l t a

That one guy who does the thing with a camera.
The real question is why would Jiggs allow herself to get grabbed by Kirby in the first place?

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
a smart kirby player will always use default color vs jiggs to confuse his opponent and get ez grabs... how hasn't anyone taken this into account, tier list speculation being shallow as always smh

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
Pit can downthrow chaingrab light floaties like Kirby and Puff if they don't know to DI up and in. Then they get hit by one aerial.

DiZZ

Smash Apprentice
Dair causes you to tumble and forces a tech everytime I tried to sdi punish it but was messing it up a good bit the jabs where his best option imo allows for a regrab if missed the sdi I can link an attempt where I sdied out tried to dair and failled to fastfall https://youtu.be/F02f-X5o9hM?t=570

JesteRace

Smash Journeyman
Guys, there should be two separate spots on the tier list for Melee skin Link and Brawl skin Link. Melee skin Link being around the #25 spot or wherever he belongs and Brawl skin Link being right below Bowser. Not kappa at all. This is serious.

Top Bottom