• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List - EXTRA

The Star King

Smash Hero
Olikus, so what if, say, Mario is good at racking up damage, if you can't kill me until like 500%? You need to do so much more work than other characters.

You're used to the normal game, where everybody has a good kill move so being good at building up damage pretty much means you're a good character.

Link is easily the best, real talk. DK might be second though.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Olikus, so what if, say, Mario is good at racking up damage, if you can't kill me until like 500%? You need to do so much more work than other characters.

You're used to the normal game, where everybody has a good kill move so being good at building up damage pretty much means you're a good character.

Link is easily the best, real talk. DK might be second though.
yeah but still caracthers will get trouble chasing him with falcon punch and such. his still bad and killing moves is most improtant in a b-only battle. but racking up is better than pk fire and sing imo.

And yeah link is easily the best.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Ugh, I forgot I was supposed to give up with Olikus. Impossible to get the point across with.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Ok I was going to edit it out but too late

I take it back. Not that I was really serious but sorry. Lol me. Oh me. IDK. I'm feeling kind of weird. You're a nice guy and I mean you no harm.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Its okay SK

olikus is not only a great smasher.

But a great forgiver too.

I do understand your point though. mario needs to work much more to get a kill, while other caracthers can get a hit in that will secure the KO at much lower percent than him. So he is def not first choise in a b-only smash war.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
The more I think about it, DK would be pretty good. One of the best Up+Bs for getting out of tricky situations, and racking up quick damage. You can approach with this if you hang around platforms and ledges to make it harder to punish. Also very good for edgeguarding. Fixed knockback isn't good for killing...

But that's where his other specials come in. Down+B to Giant Punch is a very reliable combo on most characters. You can even substitute the Up+B to get 'em off the edge for an edge guard.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
i can confirm that olikus is a nice guy

also why do people keep bringing up falcon punch? i'm pretty sure optimal strategy in b move only is to never use falcon punch. MAYBE as an edgeguard

kys

Smash Ace
The more I think about this the more pain it brings me. Could you even IMAGINE playing this out? Mario vs. Ness? I would stop caring and suicide forfeit.

Link definitely has the top spot. Falcon or DK for #2. And Pika finally sucks at something.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Slightly off-topic but I love Falcon Punching Fox up-bs when it's not guaranteed, like if it will only work of they go up + right into it. It's basically a "yeah I predicted the **** out of your recovery *****".

You're thinking of bottom-tier matches kys, which yeah would be pretty bad. The opposite of normal 64 where low tiers is objectively the better metagame :troll:

kys

Smash Ace
C'mon SK, we both know there's no need to hedge your statement with a trollface. The metagame which requires more precision, with less room for error? The metagame that requires and rewards smart decision making, and punishes mistakes properly? Yessir I'll drink to an objectively superior low-tier metagame.

^Soda or milk of course. I wouldn't dream of bringing up alcohol on these boards. It's not allowed.

This is not an entirely serious post. Or is it?

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
yeah, kirby is ********.

on another note, i definitely feel like dk would be top tier as far as b only moves go. up-b is ridiculously spam-able, and it's ability to retract safely makes it a far better move than what most of the other characters have to offer.

wtf @ luigi though lol

D

Deleted member

dude Mario can duck Samus's FSmash and jab and ****

too gud

and why would you point out Mario but not Luigi

and I laughed way too hard at that greeting. I have a feeling I'm gonna be the only one who found that funny
i found it funny too, LUV MATTS!

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Alright, i think theorycrafting has taken this as far as it can. If I actually hosted a b-move only tourney, would anyone be interested?

The Star King

Smash Hero
I would

Too bad I can't play Smash until May 19th

But I would ****ing dominate

pretty much gonna be a Link ditto tourney let's be honest here

Also you're right kys I shouldn't have included the trollface

TANK64

Smash Lord
Yessir I'll drink to an objectively superior low-tier metagame.

^Soda or milk of course. I wouldn't dream of bringing up alcohol on these boards. It's not allowed.

This is not an entirely serious post. Or is it?
Oh YOU <3

Battlecow

Play to Win
Link wouldn't even be that OP, up-B's are easy to dodge and projectiles can't kill

DK all day, approach with Up-B like a boss and kill with giant punch or up-B

The Star King

Smash Hero
Link wouldn't even be that OP, up-B's are easy to dodge and projectiles can't kill

DK all day, approach with Up-B like a boss and kill with giant punch or up-B
You can combo into up-b with projectiles easily noobcow

Unmap Z too Semp

clubbadubba

Smash Master
haha think i'll make an event then, and definite yes to shielding. maybe even coupled with a real tourney!! i'm gonna destroy all ur links w luigi the god tier. star king may 19th is too far away, sorry buddy.

for the record, i destroyed eikelmanns keyboard dk w my bmoveonly luigi, that counts for something right?

Morin0

Smash Lord
Didn't think about keys unmapping. I'm sure a good Fox could do well. Lasers to shines. Really lacks a killing move I guess...
Shine? It's not a killing move per se, but that thing gimps at low percents. Though it may be hard against Pikachu.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
haha even with pikachu being possibly THE WORST bmove only character, still maybe beats fox in a matchup cause fox can't kill pikachu. Get owned fox

event on the way

The Star King

Smash Hero
lol I wish I could join so I can gay the hell out of this with shield

DK and Luigi completely trivialized by Link, gg

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I'll laser the **** out of ppl then up b at them to kill them. The ones I cant shine gimp anyway.

I may not have any good killing moves but good luck approaching me with only b moves lol.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yeah shielding makes it pretty much impossible to approach

On the other hand, Fox won't really be able to kill with up-B

So we'll just have hour long matches :)

Top Bottom