• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List - EXTRA

Olikus

Smash Champion
so limited angle momentum, and dwarf hands on second is the real deal when it comes to smash 64.

I'll accept it after I've slept some hours.

Olikus

Smash Champion
remember the N64 controller is weird, so its not for all schmucks. horis is expensive so I guess they get swagpoints. still lolsmall though.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I find it amusing that people who can spare the time to amass 6,211 posts on SWF can't spare a hundred bucks for something they'll use for literally hundreds of hours. Australia must be such a goddamn wasteland.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
*has a hori, got it for free*

come at me

also, hundreds of hours wut, i've essentially quit playing this game seriously

spending time on poverty fighters nowadays, also uni etc

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Tier list for characters if they could only use b-moves:

S Tier

Luigi

A Tier

Fox
Falcon
Link
DK
Samus

B Tier

Yoshi
Kirby
Jigglypuff

F Tier

Pikachu
Ness
Mario

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Nah I did just move fox to A Tier though. Luigi is too good. Just ****** everyone with B

ballin4life

Smash Hero
i'd really think falcon at least would be above luigi since he has moves that can be used to approach and can actually knock someone off the edge and can edgeguard them

what's luigi going to do - try to stack damage with fireballs and then use upB or downB to kill? how do you approach with those moves?

Fish641

Smash Apprentice
I think Link would actually do best in a "B-Move Only" game. Good projectiles to rack up damage and a killing move

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Ballin, that is precisely what luigi would do. Approaching isn't much of an issue in b-move only games, no good way to space. Luigi just spams fireballs and then hits hard. Falcon is good, but has no projectiles so has to approach, and all his moves have lag so approaching is dangerous

:phone:

The Star King

Smash Hero
Meh, Fox. His lasering is good and all but you gotta remember he can only kill through shine-spiking or his up-B (or reflecting something strong) so vs characters that are hard to shinespike like Pikachu or Yoshi he's kind of unviable.

Link and Falcon are better than Luigi though

I'm assuming shielding is banned, because it would be kind of dumb

kys

Smash Ace
Ness has got to be the worse. At least Mario could get lucky with a tornado spike or something. What would Ness do? Try to land a PK Thunder? Wow Ness really does suck hard.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
mario's up-b alone should put him above ness

hm, fox probably isn't very good outside of 'you'll never hit me' theorycrafting

still don't believe luigi is top tier

The Star King

Smash Hero
I think Ness is probably better than Mario. Mario just can't kill at all if you stay on stage. Like with Fox, you guys are forgetting about the importance of kill moves in B-move only mode.

Link is a good combination of good damage-building and a kill move (which he can combo into with his projectiles). Probably the best.

kys

Smash Ace
I think Ness is probably better than Mario. Mario just can't kill at all if you stay on stage. Like with Fox, you guys are forgetting about the importance of kill moves in B-move only mode.

Link is a good combination of good damage-building and a kill move (which he can combo into with his projectiles). Probably the best.
What's Ness gonna do? Land a bodily charged PK Thunder? Good luck with that.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
guys guys guys, luigi is amazing in b-only mode (shielding allowed, obvi). i just can't think who has a good matchup vs luigi in b-only mode. good projectiles, GREAT kill moves that aren't all that hard to land. the fact that his kill moves hit instantly, unlike other b finishers that you have to time like falcon punch, dk punch, samus charge shot, etc, is huge. link has similar characteristics with projectiles building up damge to instant up-b finisher, but luigi beats link imo.

and yea ness, mario, and pika all lack realistic killing blows so they are F tier

ballin4life

Smash Hero
fox can rack damage with lasers as usual but all that damage doesn't matter unless you're gonna try to kill them with upB

clubba how the hell do you approach people with luigi's upB or downB?

i think this would realistically turn into no one ever attacking since the only way to approach would be after an opponent's missed approach b move lag. that's why link would be the best because he can just projectile your *** forever and his projectiles can combo into his finisher

asianaussie

Smash Hero
if you want to take this further, link's up-b is arguably the best 'poke' in this format because it's fast, has a dumb upwards and sideways hitbox and can be ledge cancelled

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I approach w luigis upb in real matches, so yea I think its viable in b only matches. Who has a "good" b move approach? Best you can do is spam projects and make them approach so you can set them on fire or electricutee them and stuff. My experience is that luig/mario fireballs beat links projectiles cuz they come out so much quicker. Plus luigis kill moves kill earlier. We should totally have a b move only tourny, who's in?

:phone:

The Star King

Smash Hero
Allowing shield is really dumb, seriously

@clubba "can't think of who has a good match-up against Luigi" definitely Link

@kys I'd rather try to land a PK Thunder than get my opponent up to like 600% so Mario's up-B will kill

The Star King

Smash Hero
Without shielding, at least you even have a chance killing with moves like Ness's up-b. No shielding makes the game way more balanced. Plus you yourself pointed out that you can throw projectiles at shields - it turns the game into a projectile war. The game becomes waaay more defensive because a lot of moves are made super unsafe, like Falcon kick.

If I'm Falcon vs Pika, and I dodge all the thunder jolts (really easy) and shield when you get close, what the **** are you going to do?

Also Falcon is good without shielding too. Falcon Kick is way better.

Olikus

Smash Champion
People focusing too much on the killing moves. Sure its very important. But mario, link and fox will dominate the matches up to high percent vs carachters like falcon and DK for instance. SO even if falcon and DK might have better finnisher vs mario the matches could still be pretty even because mario can rack up allot of damage running around spamming b.

Ofc mario woudnt be very high on the list since he has no really killing-b move. But he still can do okay, and I woud but at least puff and ness under him.

Fish641

Smash Apprentice
The only point of getting someone to a high percentage is so you can hit them far off the stage. Fox's lasers are only useful for stopping an enemy or if you think you can land an upB.

At this point, I'm not sure if Link or DK would be the best.

Top Bottom