• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier list discussion

LuLLo

Smash Ace
P-3 is right, it's not that his game has changed much, we've discovered (and be we I mostly mean TKONTK and some others for contributing so much) many things, but they all are situational and can't be shoved in Falcon's game so easily, but it's just that we learn to pass by his weaknesses I guess, at least I try and pretty much succeed in ****** wih Falcon.
And like I said (predicted), should be above Ganon and Link, and it's true, yeuhzzz....Next tier list, Jiggz and Samus are next I'll tell you ;).

RebazTalei

Smash Apprentice
The problem with Link and Ganon is that their recoveries are terrible. I think it's fair to say that Falcon's recovery is in the top half, Falcon Dive gives a lot of distance and stage spikes stupid people. Ganon's upB is shorter, and laggier, to the point that you can hit him before he can react afterwards at certain percentages. Link has great range, but besides his bad recovery, his ground moves are pretty slow (his jab, which is probably his best ground move, is frame 7). Falcon can at least get grabs from jab cancels, and make it back to the stage with relative success. The other two characters may be better on the stage, but Falcon can survive horizontal knockback.
did you even play falcon? you have no idea how horrible's Falcon's landing lag is after NON-aerials(on high damage), so figure this out . Double jump, Fast fall + UP B = ultimate **** Landing lag. so yeah Link has more advantage on there. and ganon, well yeah...he is ganon.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
did you even play falcon? you have no idea how horrible's Falcon's landing lag is after NON-aerials(on high damage), so figure this out . Double jump, Fast fall + UP B = ultimate **** Landing lag. so yeah Link has more advantage on there. and ganon, well yeah...he is ganon.
I don't really get what you're trying to say, could you elaborate a bit more?

Red-Blue

Was selected randomly
I still call bull**** shenanigans.

Falcon above Link, if anything, it's a lack of rep and SBR's sudden boner for Falcon. It's understandable, just not correct. Just my opinion, and I don't care what you think. Just cause Falcon rose a spot or two, won't make you better in your next match. Good luck with that, though.

falcon is way ****ing better than jiggz tho lol
...disgustedface

Player-3

Smash Hero
rebaz is right thats why i always go for the ledge

or else your ****ed

which is why you airdodge before you land to cancel out that lag

unless you upbed on stage... in which case you better have landed a hit

We were right.

HYESZ!
YES WE CAN

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
I don't really get what you're trying to say, could you elaborate a bit more?
He's talking about the RCO lag, basically lag from special moves that can only be canceled by aerials at the right height, or by just landing with that massive lag. And I know that exists, but a suprising amount of characters have it, including Kirby (on at least 3/4 of his B moves, and even the grounded versions of some), and Ganon as well, if we're going to be comparing them. All I was saying is that Falcon can make it back to the stage far, far better than the two characters under him, and even if you land with RCO lag, which can usually be avoided, you're on the stage at least.

Jochnick

Smash Rookie
We did boys/girls! We successfully moved our Captain and hero two steps up in the tier list! As Captain Falcon would say: YEEAAAZZZZSS!

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
Izaw.

10Izaw's
thats one person..
i think falcon raised in the tier list because falcon's more popular than seeing a link main or ganon main in tourney. so in this case, quantity beats quality because the quantity eventually beats out the higher placing tourney mains of links and ganons.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
I hate tier lists. At least ones made by the SBR.

They take into consideration tourney results. These results influence the outcome of the tier list. So in each period of voting, AT's and playstyles aren't the only thing taken into account.

Like the Great Emblem Lord said, and I quote:

"These lists show that the game is evolving when it really doesn't."

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
I hate tier lists. At least ones made by the SBR.

They take into consideration tourney results. These results influence the outcome of the tier list. So in each period of voting, AT's and playstyles aren't the only thing taken into account.

Like the Great Emblem Lord said, and I quote:

"These lists show that the game is evolving when it really doesn't."
Of course the game itself never evolves.
The only thing that changes is how it's played.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
He's talking about the RCO lag, basically lag from special moves that can only be canceled by aerials at the right height, or by just landing with that massive lag. And I know that exists, but a suprising amount of characters have it, including Kirby (on at least 3/4 of his B moves, and even the grounded versions of some), and Ganon as well, if we're going to be comparing them. All I was saying is that Falcon can make it back to the stage far, far better than the two characters under him, and even if you land with RCO lag, which can usually be avoided, you're on the stage at least.
Allright, thanks, I didn't understand since his response wasn't really in contrast with your post ;).

Lareit

Smash Ace
Falcon is not better then link.
He might be better then Ganon, but considering the match up averages ganon has better bad (see fewer terrible) ratio's then falcon does, it's unlikely. Also considering Falcon even has the disavantage against link and ganon doesn't help either.

The only reason falcon went up is because he's popular and almost everyone dabbles in him a bit.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
Link is better than Falcon. A good Link actually has the ability to win unlike a Falcon. I may get hate for that but whatever.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Link is better than Falcon, and Falcon is better than Ganon. End of discussion.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
To all the people who think Link is worse than Falcon.

Stop failing.
^This. Falcon is currently above link just because of a (sudden) rise of falcons popularity (as in, representation).

And@P-3:

you really act like you're ayaz. You tell everyone they play falcon wrong, while you dont even seem to know how to use falcons first hit Nair to its full potential (as you say you dont use it at all) which is only one of the things you presume, and make (sarcastic) comments about.
Its not that I dont like you, its that I think you are going out of line.
And that you underrestimate my falcon :pimp:

Disregard this message with massive disregard.
*disregards Red-Blue's message said to be disregarded with massive disregard with massive disregard* :pimp:

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Bah! It happened when I wasn't here! *Does Hari-Kiri*

For the longest time everyone was SO convinced that Ganondorf was "better"... this just goes to show how subject things are to change based off of popular opinion.

Player-3

Smash Hero
^This. Falcon is currently above link just because of a (sudden) rise of falcons popularity (as in, representation).

And@P-3:

you really act like you're ayaz. You tell everyone they play falcon wrong, while you dont even seem to know how to use falcons first hit Nair to its full potential (as you say you dont use it at all) which is only one of the things you presume, and make (sarcastic) comments about.
Its not that I dont like you, its that I think you are going out of line.
And that you underrestimate my falcon :pimp:
oh

sarcasm and internet dont mix

i still dont think you guize are playing falcon to his full potential, i just like to be an ******* sometimes

:D

i still luv u gaiz
except when youre stupid

and ive started using first hit nair more now, which mea ns i use it twice a match or so

when i get caught in those situations where im above the enemy not close enough for anything but an AC uair or airdodge

i waz liek

o wait
first hit nair to utilt
yay for ko

Zeallyx

oh

sarcasm and internet dont mix

i still dont think you guize are playing falcon to his full potential, i just like to be an ******* sometimes

:D

i still luv u gaiz
except when youre stupid

and ive started using first hit nair more now, which mea ns i use it twice a match or so

when i get caught in those situations where im above the enemy not close enough for anything but an AC uair or airdodge

i waz liek

o wait
first hit nair to utilt
yay for ko
Twice a match?
Thats far from enough man.

And we should play sometime.
Or I'll finally get some tourny placings, if possible >.<

Player-3

Smash Hero
Twice a match?
Thats far from enough man.

And we should play sometime.
Or I'll finally get some tourny placings, if possible >.<
US - netherlands connection would be... yikes

p1 said he played you though, and since i normally play at his house i guess i could try to connect
if its not... horrid input lag

Zeallyx

US - netherlands connection would be... yikes

p1 said he played you though, and since i normally play at his house i guess i could try to connect
if its not... horrid input lag
Nah, I've played people in the US with little lag before.

And if you can play at p1's house, that'd be cool.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
id love to play right now, if i hadnt sold my wii + all my shizz pertaining to video games.

Top Bottom