• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Discussion as Apex's interesting top 8 is over

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
The funny fact is that Jiggles loses or is semi bad vs a good amount of the low tiers but is good vs some of the ones above, good thing barely anyone uses DK/Luigi. I like this list also.

Thoughts anyone else?
From my experience, Jiggs seems to even out with Link. (Also, thanks for liking the list. Your opinion does help me out a lot.)

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
From my experience, Jiggs seems to even out with Link. (Also, thanks for liking the list. Your opinion does help me out a lot.)
Yeahh, I mean the diff here is that Link is pretty good vs the chars below and Jiggs isn't bad vs. the chars below, odd how the 2 chars with polarizing matchups are next to each other.

Beesy

Smash Apprentice
IMO the tier list is stage dependent. We'd have to have tier lists for every stage, and matchups arern't always lined up with the tier list anyway, so it's hard to define it all.

Other thought: Some people base tier list arguments on easy of play, some people base it on representation at top tournaments, and some people use character potential. So if we're going to have a community-agreed-upon tier list, we first have to define what we're basing it on.

anonymouschris01

Smash Apprentice
I'd switch ness and DK but other than that it looks good. Ness is far better than people give him credit for, his ariel game is stupid good, he's a great edge guarder and anyone that actually puts in time with him can make his recovery decent. We now have two Ness players in our area, and they are the most annoying characters to deal with. Maybe its just personal preference, but I think DK is honestly the worst character in the game. I don't think he has anything going for him other than he's a tank and has a stupid quick grab game….. but thats just me. I'd be cool with this list if they were switched.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
S Tier: :pikachu64:
A Tier: :falcon64:/:kirby64:
B Tier: :fox64::yoshi64:
CTier: :mario64::link64::jigglypuff64:
D Tier: :dk64::samus64:
F Tier: :ness64::luigi64:

Okay, here's my tier list; not too far-fetched, not too unbalanced, just perfect. Now, here are my main arguments on characters and their placements. I will not include the Top 5 characters, however, and will be focusing on the ones with the more drastic changes...which is only actually Link, sadly. No other character has a drastic change other than him.

:link64: - He is still at least competitively viable, and with his ranged attacks being the most absurd in the game, as well as some substantial prowess in attacks, he is a decent and solid character. Sure, he lacks recovery and some speed, but that's made up for because he has certain attacks to help him with that problem. He's still at the bottom half, but he's doing great and isn't that far from others.
I don't think you've played a decent ness, samus, or luigi before but link shouldn't get bumped up that high, he gets defeated extremely easy

caneut

Smash Ace
What is this tier list actually saying? If we took all the best players it would probably look something like pika kirby fox falcon yoshi.

But if we are taking the average skill of all 64 players, it should definitely go pika kirby falcon yoshi fox

Annex

Smash Ace
other than he's a tank and has a stupid quick grab game
weight in this game just means you get combo'd easier, and his terrible upb (in terms of recovering) makes him very much not a tank either. He has fantastic things going for him, mostly in his ability to escape shield pressure, easily gimp, and his perfect sh landing on the side plats of DL
grabs are the same for all non-tether characters but his hitbox for it is bigger than most, if that's what you're getting at

Quote720

Smash Cadet
The game is too far balanced to conclude anymore tier lists (plus, people have grown really bored on making a tier list for this game). The first part of the wording is satire, while the second part is actually kind of true. Anyone can win a major tournament now in this game.
OP was actually saying they're all equal....

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
yep, ageed, but Pika is a little higher than most, but almost unnoticable
...lol..

ill quote my favorite person for this

this is a 1999 party game and as balanced as it is, its not perfect
some characters are just better than others

surprisingly caneut is making more sense than usual

but honestly why the **** are you bumping link so high you link fanboy

caneut

Smash Ace
kahnu you have no where near the experience in this game to be making assumptions like that

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
:pikachu64:=:kirby64:=:falcon64:=:yoshi64:=:fox64:=:jigglypuff64:=:mario64:=:samus64:=:dk64:=:ness64:=:link64:=:luigi64:
-From Shears

I agree 100% with this tier list,
Should we make this offiicial?
while this is a joke its also serious
pika kirby cf yoshi fox jiggs mario samus dk ness link luigi

lord narwhal

Smash Apprentice
What is this tier list actually saying? If we took all the best players it would probably look something like pika kirby fox falcon yoshi.

But if we are taking the average skill of all 64 players, it should definitely go pika kirby falcon yoshi fox
the first is what a tier list should be.

you guys have terrible tier lists and should feel terrible.

Crawfiish

Smash Cadet
Viable:
:pikachu64::kirby64::falcon64::yoshi64::fox64::jigglypuff64::mario64:
People say they suck but there's that one guy who gets placings with the character:
:samus64::ness64:
Choose someone else:
:luigi64::link64:
Kahnu tier:
:dk64:

Last edited:

caneut

Smash Ace
Viable:
:pikachu64::kirby64::falcon64::yoshi64::fox64::jigglypuff64::mario64:
People say they suck but there's that one guy who gets placings with the character:
:samus64::ness64:
Choose someone else:
:luigi64::link64:
Kahnu tier:
:dk64:
I would put mario one tier lower and just say there's a couple of guys, not just one. But still very few.

lord narwhal

Smash Apprentice
I'd concede that there's plenty of people who are pretty good with capn flakin who probably didn't put a ton of time into learning him, but how many top falcons do we really have that perform well in tournament with him? Not nearly enough to give him top 3.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
I'd concede that there's plenty of people who are pretty good with capn flakin who probably didn't put a ton of time into learning him, but how many top falcons do we really have that perform well in tournament with him? Not nearly enough to give him top 3.
superboomfan is a good example of capn flakin

Last edited:

lord narwhal

Smash Apprentice
yeah boom is great with falcon, he's also one of the best players in the world. and his falcon lost to wizzrobe lol.
he played pika for the rest of that set, and usually uses pika / kirby if his falcon isn't working.

for boom's falcon to struggle in tournament is a pretty big deal.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
yeah boom is great with falcon, he's also one of the best players in the world. and his falcon lost to wizzrobe lol.
he played pika for the rest of that set, and usually uses pika / kirby if his falcon isn't working.

for boom's falcon to struggle in tournament is a pretty big deal.
good points gg

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
:pikachu64:=:kirby64:=:falcon64:=:fox64:=:yoshi64:=:mario64:=:jigglypuff64:=:dk64:=:samus64:=:ness64:=:luigi64:=:link64:

Falcon over fox definitely needs to be. Yoshi over Mario can be argued pretty strongly (plus it puts Mario in the middle). Jiggs over DK. Then there's the muddled bottom.

I'm not ready to put Jiggs over Mario or Yoshi over Fox just yet.

Top Bottom