• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Discussion as Apex's interesting top 8 is over

Sedda

Smash Champion
yeah, I don't have a temper, but it is a bit annoying when I'm trying to tell you something and all you do is throw out random numbers like "70%" or flat out dumb stuff like "sedda bananabolts tier list."

You voted too, Olikus. I bet if the average resembled your personal list, you wouldn't be complaining about it as much. The number of "randoms" who voted is very low, and I have personally played with the majority of the people who posted their own tier list. I've even played ****ing asianaussie

Last edited:

Olikus

Smash Champion
nothing in Sedda's post suggested he was angry, don't do this "u mad" **** in a serious discussion it's childish

/petpeeves
He said wtf are you doin olikus. Thats temper for me. at least when I said he could do what he wanted, since I wasnt interested in being a part of the discussion anymore. So no Im not childish, if anything it looks more like you guys try to pick a fight.

And by calling me names as childish and petpeeves I think you dont appear very mature yourself.

stop bullying the norwegian, you know that internet nuances arent part of their culture
Im glad I can count on you boss <3

yeah, I don't have a temper, but it is a bit annoying when I'm trying to tell you something and all you do is throw out random numbers like "70%" or flat out dumb stuff like "sedda bananabolts tier list."

You voted too, Olikus. I bet if the average resembled your personal list, you wouldn't be complaining about it as much. The number of "randoms" who voted is very low, and I have personally played with the majority of the people who posted their own tier list. I've even played ****ing asianaussie
thats not true. Im happy with a tier list that has different opinions from mine. but i dont really see the problem here. I feel there is way to few good people who have posted here, and you think not. 70 percent is ofc and overstatement to illustrate a point, but I still think its too many for me to want to continue discusse here. And just because a person here is known from beforehand doesnt imply that they know as much as the best players according to gameknowledge. it varies from smasher to smasher. I think shears Idea was much better, but I respect that you think this is better. No need for us 2 to keep on arguing and make the thread off topic imo.

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
And by calling me names as childish and petpeeves I think you dont appear very mature yourself.
Just to clear things up, "petpeeves" is not a name that SK is calling you. A pet peeve is something that particularly bothers you, an individual. SK is just saying that he finds the "u mad" speech very annoying. He wasn't calling you names.

Also, SK's use of "childish" is a way of expressing his opinion about the "u mad" talk. He's not calling you childish, he's calling that kind of behavior childish.
And just because a person here is known from beforehand doesnt imply that they know as much as the best players according to gameknowledge. it varies from smasher to smasher.
And just because a person is good at the game doesn't mean they have the best opinions. Everyone has their bias.
You're right that it varies from smasher to smasher; a lot of people ignore that fact when speaking of new/old players.

Technical_Knockout

Smash Apprentice
we should shift the focus of discussion as a community from 'which character is better' to 'in-depth exploration of tactics & strategy for each character' to best advance the game as a whole. petty quarreling is counter-productive & ought to be avoided.

Last edited:

Olikus

Smash Champion
Just to clear things up, "petpeeves" is not a name that SK is calling you. A pet peeve is something that particularly bothers you, an individual. SK is just saying that he finds the "u mad" speech very annoying. He wasn't calling you names.

Also, SK's use of "childish" is a way of expressing his opinion about the "u mad" talk. He's not calling you childish, he's calling that kind of behavior childish.

And just because a person is good at the game doesn't mean they have the best opinions. Everyone has their bias.
You're right that it varies from smasher to smasher; a lot of people ignore that fact when speaking of new/old players.
regardless of I am a petpeeves or what I say is petpeeves is just fuel to the fire imo. At least when i wasnt even discussing with him, and I spesifically said I wasnt interested in arguing more. But yeah what ever, im one of the chillest guys here, and doesnt get angry by such things.

yes I agree that a player can have more knowledge than a player that is better at the game. Unless the skill gap is very large ofc.

we should shift the focus of discussion as a community from 'which character is better' to 'in-depth exploration of tactics & strategy for each character' to best advance the game as a whole. petty quarreling is counter-productive & ought to be avoided.
100 percent agree. Im finished here. good luck with the list.

Glasgowsmile

Smash Rookie
Just to bring my thoughts to the table:

S Tier: :pikachu64::kirby64:

A Tier :falcon64::yoshi64::jigglypuff64:

B Tier :fox64::mario64::samus64:

C Tier :link64::dk64::ness64::luigi64:

Jiggs is on place 5 for her incredible combo potential and amazing spacing capabilities and with DL becoming "the" stage to play, i feel that fox has lost a lot of his bite as he´s greatly hindered in his camping abilities, limiting his important laser opportunities.
Samus on the 8 has the reason of Jousuke showing her capabilities and her arguable counterpotential against the rat.

Donky deserves the 10 for he´s booty and whack.

Last edited:

freekazoid

Smash Cadet
Isai
Pikachu
Kirby
Falcon
Fox
Yoshi
Jiggs
Mario
Samus