• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier list alternative - Rate the characters! (experienced players only)

Tigerb0mbz

Smash Journeyman
ness is garbage as a player..but in the rite hand he could be l33t sauce..all depending on who uses it...if u ask me hes like bottom 4

if u dnt believe then *** u..gg no re k thx bai

NixxxoN

Smash Master
ness is garbage as a player..but in the rite hand he could be l33t sauce..all depending on who uses it...if u ask me hes like bottom 4
Ness l33t sauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ovk7Vr9dDI

I know its TAS, but it shows his true potential. Another thing is, not many players use him/like him, not many players get much out of him...
IMO hes #5 behind pika, kirby, fox and falcon.

AlexBarry

Smash Journeyman
Ness l33t sauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ovk7Vr9dDI

I know its TAS, but it shows his true potential. Another thing is, not many players use him/like him, not many players get much out of him...
IMO hes #5 behind pika, kirby, fox and falcon.
....how can you use a video that no human is capable of producing as support for your argument?

i'm so sick of TAS references and WHATIFS. if you play ness perfect....if you play yoshi perfect.....if you play alkfjalsdkjf perfect

the idea of anything PERFECT on any videogame is a conundrum mind**** in and of itself

ness sucks

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
Imo, ness is the 2nd best character to shield break after kirby which can be really good to start up a new combo and punish you. I still say he's high tier.

And Surri, It's pretty easy to DI out of falcons last combos hit. You just need to predict if he'll do falcon punch or any watever killing move.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Pika-10
Fox-7.5
Kirby-7.3
Falcon-6.3
Ness-6.0
Mario-5.7
Jiggly-4.7
DK-4.3
Yoshi-4.2
Luigi-3.0
Link-2.0
Samus-1.7

Pika Tier
Pika

Top Tier
Fox
Kirby

High Tier
Falcon
Ness
Mario

Mid Tier
Jiggly
DK
Yoshi

Low Tier
Luigi

Bottom Tier
Link
Samus

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Imo, ness is the 2nd best character to shield break after kirby which can be really good to start up a new combo and punish you. I still say he's high tier.

And Surri, It's pretty easy to DI out of falcons last combos hit. You just need to predict if he'll do falcon punch or any watever killing move.
Easy to DI out of Falcons last hit vs easy to DI out of Foxs combos...your call xP

MattNF

Smash Lord
I disagree.
Ness doesn't have that many good matchups, if you ask me. He does well against, say, Falcon, Link and maybe Yoshi, but against Pika, Kirby, Jiggly, DK, Luigi, and maybe Samus he's at a disadvantage.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Ness doesn't have that many good matchups, if you ask me. He does well against, say, Falcon, Link and maybe Yoshi, but against Pika, Kirby, Jiggly, DK, Luigi, and maybe Samus he's at a disadvantage.
why does ness have a hard time with those chars...i find ness one of the only good match ups for pika and kirby, due to his priority, plus he has effective, high priorit combos for light and heavy chars so i think Ness is either 3rd or 4th...after falcon and kirby

--Top--
Pika
Falcon/Kirby
Ness

Kirby vs falcon is the real debate imo

They both have quick and effective 0-deaths on most chars
Kirby has better recovery and approach
Kirby can be played both offensively and defensively

ok nvm xP

--Top--
Pika
Kirby
Falcon

--High--
Ness
Fox
Mario¿?

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Falcon.

>
Hah maybe iyo but look at the facts about Kirby compared to falcon and or the rest of the chars

Kirby has an ok recovery...better then most but not best by far.

Two drills, one of which is a spike

light weight, small and a non FF makes him harder to combo, and easyer to DI out of combos

Hellish priority on important attacks, D and Bair, Fsmash, Utilt, Dtilt (has a crazy broken hit box)

His jab and Ftilt and be used to poke at shields (things like jab x2-->Ftilt[x2 depending on situation]-->Dtilt...the last Dtilt will almost always hit due to the shield poking)

Solid edge guarding options with spikes, long ranged attacks (mainly Dtilt and Bair), risky but effective rock edge guarding (an easy means of taking out high priority Recoveries)

And last, the overlooked but definitely invaluable, his Basic B, when it comes to fighting, Mario, Falcon, Luigi, Jiggly (helps with recovery), and DK having an optional B is great...especially with Mario

I think Kirby has the potential to be great but due to mass flame and Band Waggoner’s (Kirby sucks lets not pick him...) he has fallen backwards, and away from the light...plus the general population who DO pick up Kirby tend to be...ugh...well lets not get into that

nesshero

Smash Cadet
Pikachu - 10
Fox - 9.5
Kirby - 9.2
Falcon - 8.8
Mario - 8
Yoshi - 7.8
Ness - 7.5
Jigglypuff - 7
Link - 6.5
Donkey Kong - 5
Luigi - 4.8
Samus - 4.5

Link is way better than DK, Luigi and Samus, and Yoshi is really good.

fun factor:

Yoshi - 10
Fox - 9
Pikachu - 8
Mario - 7
Ness - 6
everyone else: boring

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Eh, true. I personally think Fox is better than Falcon though (they're both pretty close). What I like is that he put Pika in his own tier, which is about the truth anyway.
Fox has laser spamming and better approach, both very helpful in top level imo. And from what i've seen, Fox has a close combo capability as Falcon.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Fox has laser spamming and better approach, both very helpful in top level imo. And from what i've seen, Fox has a close combo capability as Falcon.
laser spam is nice, but as for combos like ive said 8billion times.....

Fox's combos are a LOT easier to escape then Falcons, as well as falcon has more options when combing then Fox....once Fox's combo hits a drill its pretty much over

NixxxoN

Smash Master
laser spam is nice, but as for combos like ive said 8billion times.....

Fox's combos are a LOT easier to escape then Falcons, as well as falcon has more options when combing then Fox....once Fox's combo hits a drill its pretty much over
True, but i also think Falcon is easier to be comboed with than Fox.
Do you know how frustrating can be playing with Falcon agaisnt a good Fox who laser spams and camps?

I agree with you TehBo49.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
True, but i also think Falcon is easier to be comboed with than Fox.
Do you know how frustrating can be playing with Falcon agaisnt a good Fox who laser spams and camps?

I agree with you TehBo49.
they both fall for most of the same combos, and yes i have, its not hard to do the same thing though, on hyrule you can jump around the area, higher then DLSH can get, and on DL its just easy

NixxxoN

Smash Master
they both fall for most of the same combos, and yes i have, its not hard to do the same thing though, on hyrule you can jump around the area, higher then DLSH can get, and on DL its just easy
I've always found easier to combo falcon than fox... I may be wrong thouhg... Fox shine, doesnt he do it faster? Falcon is awesome at combos but hes also awesome at being comboed xP

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I've always found easier to combo falcon than fox... I may be wrong thouhg... Fox shine, doesnt he do it faster? Falcon is awesome at combos but hes also awesome at being comboed xP
the ability to get out of a combo, will only help you if your foe screws up...we established this with the "yoshi vs CF" debate, yes Shine is very quick, but when you cannot use attacks, what good is a fast attack?

Falcon and fox have the same weight, so they do get hit by much of the same combos....only thing is Falcon is a FFer so it maybe harder for him to get out of combos even once his foe screws up...this is one of the few things fox does have vs falcon

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Also notice the size of the character, Fox is smaller, so harder to hit. Most of times people forget about this and its important too.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Also notice the size of the character, Fox is smaller, so harder to hit. Most of times people forget about this and its important too.
lol no, its not really that significant in this case,

Falcon is also heavier & thus easier to combo.
learn to read please

I think you're forgetting that Falcon fails against floaties.
fox and Falcon have the same disadvantages vs light weights, their recovery sucks....as for combos falcon and fox both have easy killers...but again all fox's use Drills

drills = DI

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Sorry, reading is difficult.

But seriously, Falcon is heavier so when he gets hit, he doesn't travel as far as other characters meaning its harder for him to escape (in the case of utilt/uair to utilt/uair).
Falcon and fox have the same weight, so they do get hit by much of the same combos....only thing is Falcon is a FFer so it maybe harder for him to get out of combos even once his foe screws up...this is one of the few things fox does have vs falcon

greenblob

Smash Lord
I'd say Fox has a much easier time against floaties than Falcon. Falcon can't combo floaties very well, which basically kills his game. Fox can combo them and can get easy kills with uair/usmash.

MattNF

Smash Lord
Pikachu - 10
Fox - 9.5
Kirby - 9
Falcon - 8.5
Mario - 8
Yoshi - 7.5
Jigglypuff - 7.5
Ness - 7
Luigi - 6
Donkey Kong - 6